Very High Progesterone Levels, Does this mean I am pregant?
Hi, I am new here but have a question I am dying for someone to answer...obviusly in my 2ww! :) This is my first month on clomid (100mg) and I went in for a progesterone test on day 21 and my level was at 45!!!  The nurse told me that was really high, but I'm sure she won't say much to get my hopes up!  Could this mean I am pregnant?  Has anyone had high levels and gotton BFN?  I am really praying for a BFP.  Any advise or answers are greatly appreciated!  Thanks
do you know which day you ovulated?
Your question just got me thinking so I started looking around....

found this...not sure if it would help since everyones hormones are different...but it was kind of interesting since yours are so high... you will have to let me know how it turns out  :(
*******************************************

Progesterone during menstrual cycle

Day 1-14   >1 to 1.5 ng/ml

Day 15-28 2-28 ng/ml

Progesterone during pregnancy

First Trimester 9-47 ng/ml
Second Trimester  17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml
Based on my monitor, I got a peak on day 17 so I either o'd on that day or day 18.  Do you think day 21 was so close to ovulation that it was so high, would it be that high before implantation???
Oh I doubt it. I think clomic also makes your body produce higher numbers of progesterone? You probably want to discuss that with your MD.
Good luck....sending baby dust your way

~baby dust~
doubt it?  that it was too close to ovulation or that it would be high before implantation?  I just called my dr. and asked more about it...she said usually they expect to see good(pregnant) results when they are that high) but she has seen it go both ways.  So we will wait and see...I will keep you updated.
Really hope the results are good for you!! Keeep us posted
Ruth xx
I know this post is super old, but in case anyone reads it and wants to know....high progesterone can very well mean you are pregnant! I had my progesterone level checked at 7dpo and it was 32.2 and I am in fact pregnant! Found out just 4 days later! :) Went in for my first hcg draw and it was 31 at 3 w 5 days. I went in for another hcg draw today and am hoping for high numbers! GL to everyone ttc! :)
Congrats Mrs Shatto!

My experience is that progesterone levels really can go both ways, especially if it is a medicated cycle. I had a level of 106 on a clomid cycle and was not pregnant. I have also heard of women who had very low levels and did turn out to be pregnant.
Thanks BeeHappy76....I know you cant think too much into the numbers, especially on a medicated cycle (I was on Clomid). You are right it can go either way. I am just happy we are finally pg again!

P.S. I did get my follow up HCG levels and they went from 31 to 800!! In 2 days! Everyone is saying multiples, but I know you cant tell by the numbers. So we will just have to see when I get an u/s!!

Best of luck to you! :)
I just wanted to add to this and let you all know that I had a progesterone test done and mine was 46 but still got a BFN. This is a good reason not to get your hopes up. You can ovulate or even double ovulate according to my dr to get these high numbers. I wish you all the best and hope you get better results.
i did a day 21 and my result came back as  146!! at 9dpo !!
Mine was 42 and now I'm 20wks... but I know that doesn't necessarily means you'll get a possitive. I did a HPT on CD28 and it came out as a BFP.    Good luck..
I had my progesterone test result today, and it's 89.6! I'm on clomid 100mg and metformin 500mg. I also have PCOS
This is what I know.
Progesterone levels could show real high on day 21 and so does your hope. I have seen people having a level as high as 60 & 80 with a negative pregnancy. What matters is whether these levels keep rising or start to decline after day 21.
If on day 24, the levels start to decline, then know AF is coming soon but if they keep rising, then yes you can have your hopes up.
So, the best way to put your worries at rest is a secondary blood test on day 23 or 24..