Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
WHAT IS MENOGON GONNA DO IN MY SYSTEM?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

WHAT IS MENOGON GONNA DO IN MY SYSTEM?

HAve a Pleasant Day to EVERYONE/LADIES...I got the Menogon injections  day 3 of my period ,which is 5 injections straight ...and after this need to go back to the doctor but i dont have clue what she gonna do to me ...I really miss you guys here its been a while i dont get into a computer ,so im here now ,...I hope everyone doing Ok ,DOes anyone has  tried  GONAL F or MEnogon injections can u share a stories here ...thanks
Shygirl,  I have been through two cycles of IVF and both times I was on Menogan.  It basically stimulates the production of follicles.
I don't know if you have the Menogan yet... It comes as powder vials and liquid vials and you have to mix them.  My doctor told me that I had to mix 4 powder and 2 liquid for each injection and I did one injection every night for 10 days.
For the first cycle they retrieved over 30 follicles and the second they retrieved about 29 or something like that.
Now just because you're doing Menogan doesn't mean those are the numbers you should expect.  Each person is different and it also depends on how many powder and liquid you're doing.
I'm about to start my third IVF attempt with a new doctor and he has already told me that I will not be doing so many powder vials because he doesn't want so many follicles.  He said the ideal situation is to have a few good ones rather than many which can lead to hyperstimulation.
I hope that helped and good luck to you!
Never tried it...just wanted to wish you best of luck!!! Keep us posted, shygirl
To Magda,
     I already did with 2 ampoules everday ,mix with liquids and powder which 150 ..i dont know if its work because am fixing to get check (ultrasound ) i only got 2 ampoules everyday for 5 days ..and finally done the shots today ..I hope i get a good follies this time ,because i had a clomid before and it doesn't respond good follies,thats why my Dr. try to put me on this injection (Menogon)
I gues this work good for you because i normally heard some ladies here they only got a few follies after the injectibles medicines(stimulation)and you got much which reach up to 30 follies wow!!! are they all good? thats great .
     But each person is different ,I am not sure that mine can get like what you got ,specially i only got one ovary left .done with PCOS surgery and has the history of polycystic right ovary which is what i got right now,Only one will works for me and this is what i feel sometimes ,i discourage.. never been get pregnant in my life and already 5yrs years or marriage and wishing for TCC ever since .My husband has a great motility so i dont worry about him ,only made me depressed when i think about myself.it sounds i forcing to have a baby but it wont happen ..anyway Good luck to us Girl ...

To Heather, How are you sweety .I hope your doing Ok .Hows the progress .Any good news ...I miss you
I'm doing good. I'm 11 dpo today, and just debating whether or not I should do a HPT sometime this week. I don't really have any major symptoms or anything, so I might just wait and see if AF shows up.

I've also seen the RE again (I did four unmedicated cycles of IUI with her about a year ago) and she suggested doing injectible medication and either IUI or IVF. I'm not sure, though, because the meds are sooo expensive here in the U.S., so even the IUI would cost a minimum of $3,500 per cycle (IVF $10,00 or more), so we've decided to try for a couple more months on our own, since we did get pregnant on our own twice (both ended up as miscarriages). So we'll see...

Good luck at your ultrasound!
Its morning here 8am  and got to go the doctor at 11am today ,and i will see what she can for me because  last monday i went and did ultrasound but the result was shown is 15mm follicles  and one is 12 mm only 2 follies found on my one and only ovary .so she added my menogon for 2 days until yesterday to see if increase the follicle size after those 2 days 150mg of menogon,the bad thing is if still less size ,maybe i need to get more injectibles and am already tired of this shots.i hate it when i see the syringe ha ha ha ,i cant stand it .thats why i close my eyes ....ha hahah I dont know if the IUI thing will be expensive and this expense will cost from out own pocket because our insurance wont cover fertility things,And just wondered what if am pregnant and i get check up .does the insurance pay anything or it doesnt ,have you experience like this situation?sorry for confusion ..Im just worried if ill get preggo one day and the insurance wont pay us anything like a C section isn't it?Hopefully they will pay ...$10,000 thats much for IVF i hope IUI will work for the first time .
Thanks for your sweet words .Have a great day and Good luck sweety
hallo dear

I am from africa doing my medication in germany.... i start taking megomon last 5 days and hope it will work ..... pls tell me about it...

ragiya
Hi There!

I am new here (age 36), and I am excited because I am preparing myself for the ICSI procedure next week. My Hubby (age 31) has low mobility,low morphology and therefore our Dr. suggested to skip IUI, IVF and go directly to ICSI with higher chances. This is covered 50% by our insurance here in Germany.  Anyway, just want to share Today my first experience with the shots. I was terrified this morning thinking I had to do it myself, but the needle was so tiny and thank goodness I store fat in my abdominal area, so it was a piece of cake! I think waxing is way more painful.