Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Waiting period after IVF question??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Waiting period after IVF question??

Hello all, I am new to this site and I would like your help.
I just had a IVF 5 day transfer on 3/21 now I am feeling some cramping on day 7. I took an over the counter pregnancy test and it came out positive. Is the cramping normal?? please any advice you can offer would be great!!! Thanks
YES!!! It is normal!!!  I also had cramping and was told that since you had so much going on...with ER/ET that it is completely normal.... When was your trigger shot??? this is what it could be that is making it positive....  I waited until day 9 and then took one each day and it got progressively darker.... that way I knew it wasn't the trigger shot.....good luck to you!! Can I ask how long you stayed on bedrest and how many embryo's did you put back??
Jacquie
I want to thank you both for responding. I feel so much better now.
They transferred 3 blastocysts to me two were all the way developed to day 5 and one was about day 4 they said.  I was on bedrest for the remainder of the one day and returned to work the next day.  I was testing from day three and on and finally got a faint postive line on day 6 then became a testing maniac and testded again on day 7,8 and 9 which was today.  On 7,8 & 9 the test became darker so I am supposed be tested on day 13 to long to wait!!!  I hope this transfer works this time... This waiting period is driving me bananas!!!!!
From personal experience I can tell you, that I also had minor cramping... Kinda felt like AF was going to start... My Dr. said that minor cramps are normal! And, I have a beautiful baby girl!

P.S. I aslo had day5 IVF transfer
Wow!  I am right where you were.  Tommorrow is day 6 for us post 5 day blastocyst transfer.  We will be testing in the morning.  
Does anyone know what the most sensitive pregnancy over the counter test is?

I had my transfer on the 9feb and i had cramps ever since. it really feels like a normal period is coming. I am convinced i am not pregnant. What was the outcome with you?
Hi there, I also had my transfer on Feb9th.  They transferred 2 5day blastocysts.  I had mild cramps a few times a day and that was normal.  This is my second IVF cycle.  The doctor said the cramps are normal because your uterus is stretching.  I took a HPT yesterday that came back negative...last time, the HPT didn't show a positive until 14 days post transfer, and it was a very faint positive. when do you go in for your beta hcg test? mine is on the 23rd!!!

I am now having full on period pains so I don't have too much hope left that it has worked. I am going in on the 21feb for the test but I am pretty sure I will get my period tomorrow morning. So upset and then I think, this is my first IVF after doing 2 IUI's and I feel so down. Imagine others who do it many times. They must be so strong.

Good luck to you!!!
hey

mine is tomorrow. How are you feeling?
So how are you feeling? Whatever the outcome is, don't give up...most IVF cycles don't work the first time, your body isn't used to something like that.
I'm just thankfull that there are treatment options out there.  As hard as it is, with all of those painful progesterone injections and sleepless nights, I'm willing to try IVF as many times as necessary to have a baby!
I am 11 post transfer of 2 day 3 embryos. I have had period like cramps for a whole week. Took a test 6 days after transfer but it was negative. I  am testing on the 19th, and am so scared it will be negative. I wanted this to work soooo bad. I also have sore brests and slighty dizzy sometimes.
hi everyone
this is only my 4th day post transfer, of 2 embryos and I feel cramping too, the waiting is a nightmare I am to test on the 28tth I am just praying that I dont start to bleed before implantation occurs, but I dont suppose it works like that
Hello
I was on my 4th day post transfer when my cramps started. Hold in there as the nurse from my fertility clinic said it could be implatation pain. Although mine lasted a week and a half. I am thinking that it shouldn't have lasted that long. I test on the 19th, with my b-day on th 21st. I am hoping for the only thing that I want in life. I will keep you in my thoughts, good luck. I am taking progesterone and estrace, the nurse said it should keep my period away. I also over-stimulated during my cycle. Hope that helps you. I know it is hard but try to stay positive.
Hey guys, I also had IVF, and I'm now 6 month pregnant.  I had 3 IVF's and 2 m/c, so I can tell you all that feeling like your about to start your period is GOOD!  If you are not pregnant, you will not start your period until you are off all of the meds. (progesterone, and estrace)  The cramping is the implantation of the embyro, and you might have a little bleeding too. The best test I have found is the one that says (PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT ) I can't remember the brand name.  Good Luck to all !!!
Thanks for the encouragement. It seems that a lot of people get cramping. I have had cramping for 8 days, but it seems to be getting better. How long did yours last? I am just so nervous, as I'm sure everyone here is. I do my test in 2 days, I kind of want to do it early but I did one on day 6 after transfer and I think it was too early. I am almost scared of the thing, hehe. Congradulations on being pregnant and I wish everyone the best.
I am going carzy waiting! I am 7 day's post embryo transfer and like most of you I am feeling like I do when I am about to get my period.
My legs are cramping getting hot flashes and mild cramps I know they say this can be noramal but I'm just nervous I guess.
Feels good to know there is support out there so Thank you everyone for your expeirences it helps.
Good luck to all!!
Hello Ladies,
I tested positive today!!! It was a home test, still waiting for the results of the blood test. But it did turn positve right away! I must have felt like I was going to get my period for a whole week, and I would have bet my house on it that it would come. So hang in there and stay positive. Good Luck to everyone.
Congrats!!! so happy for you.
I am to go for my test next Thursday but I kind of feel dicouraged I'v been feeling like my period is coming for the past week and more then anything my breasts are so soft And I guess I figure if I'm prego they would be getting sore or hard by now.
I guess I have just wait and see!
I had my transfer on a Sunday and the next Sunday I tested and it came out positive, it was 3 days before my blood test. You will feel like you are about to start your period for the first 12 weeks of your pregnancy, so hang in there.  Good Luck!
Hello everyone,
I just got my first HCG level back and it was 363, 2 weeks after transfer. I am waiting for the second one to come back today, hoping that it has gone up. Is this normal??? Once again the waiting is driving me nuts!!!
I kept feeling like I was about to start af on and off too I am 6dpt and today its calming down and I don't feel the cramps as much...does that mean its done implanting or that i won't get pregnant? Now I am worried because cramps are going away!! give me some hope!!
Please try not to worry. I had cramps the whole waiting period. I thougth every time I went to the bathroom I would start my period. Then I learned I was Pregnant!! Then I paniced today when my HCG was low. Only to have my secand test come back 4X the first one. My cramps come and go. I just want this so bad, everything sends me into a frenzy. My poor hubby. Try to stay positive, its the best for your body. Good luck.
Hello Everyone,

I go for my test tomorrow but of course I could not wait so I took a HPT a little while ago and it came out positive, what are the chances that it's a false positive?  I don't really want to believe it!!
Should I take another one????
I would say that you probally are pregnant. I took 5 tests and they all came out positive. Congradulations!!!
I'm only on day one of my 2 embryo day 3 transfer, second cycle of IVF and my lower abdomen is still painful and swollen from the egg collection.  Last time was a year ago so I can't remember what to look for apart from the period signs.  What day does the cramping start if it's positive?
Talk about a rollercoaster experience huh??!!
My cramps started on day 4 from the transfer. Good Luck.
Hello
I was just wondering if your cramps felt like period cramps the whole time. Some days mine go away but others I have cramps the whole day. Just minor, period like cramps. they keep making me nervous!!! I am alos worried about comming off the prometrium and estrace, How was it for you? Did you stop cold turkey or ween yourself off? Thanks
Its hard for me to tell if it is period or electrical cramp.  And the cramping can be pretty much anywhere in that area.  I am 2 days Post 5 day blast transfer...any thoughts?
Hello toll you ladies.

This is my day 3 after 5 day blasto. transfer.  I started getting some minor cramps, and I too am worried that my period will come.  My husband and I have been trying for 7 years.  It is nice to have support, and as I have read in the previous posts, seems like cramping is normal.  My lower back also hurts, just as if my period were to come.  I am hoping and praying that we are pregnant.  How soon after transfer did you take the pregnancy test?  My 1st hcg test will be on 10/8, a week from today :(  The wait is killing me!  
I did my first test 6 days after day 3 embryo transfer and it was negative. I think it was too early. After that I was too nervous to do another one and I waited for the two week mark. I did one that morning and it was positive, and the blood test was too. I still have minor cramps, still feels like period cramps. I'm hoping that when I stop the prometrium I  won't start to bleed. We have been trying for 5 years and want this baby so bad, as I am sure everyone on here does. Don't worry about the cramps, unless you bleed. Mine felt like the worst period cramps I was ever having.
I think I am scared to take a pregnancy test now.  I have put in quite a fortune in these for the past 7 years with no luck.  I am going to take your advice and wait until my hcg test on Oct. 8.  I will keep you posted.  Oh by the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  
I am only 4 days post transfer and I had 2 good, grade A embryos, but we had to do a 2 day transfer vs. 3 day or blast because only 2 of the 11 eggs they retrieved fertilized and they wanted to get them back into my uterus ASAP. One embryo had 4 cells and one of them had 3 cells (again, 2 days after egg retrieval). I have had a lot of soreness and cramping (almost debilitating!) since the retrieval and transfer. Today was a lot better.  Only mild cramping on the left hand side. I have no idea what that means, but my RE did tell me that the progesterone in oil shots and the estradiol patches will make you feel crampy and like you are starting your period. Ignore all the signs (unless you are bleeding) and do NOT do a home pregnancy test! Wait until your beta test 2 weeks after so that results are very accurate and you don't obsess about if the results of a urine test are accurate or not.

I am on day 9 after  ET; it is my first IVF. I do not think I can wait until 10/22 which is my birthday  and big day for blood test. Sometimes I think my period is coming, but from this point is up to God!

Today is my 5 day from a 5 day blast transfer I broke down and tested yesterday to make sure the meds was out of my system and it is...when do you think I can test again? I have been feeling wierd this is my 3rd IVF the 1st one I ave a 18 month baby girl but I don't remembe any of the symptoms...By boobs get sore from time to time and it just goes away I have slight cramping on my right side on and off and my lower back is killing me...I can't stop crying for eveything...I feel like I am on the rollercoaster to insanity...
Hi, I'm new to this site and would like your help. I've recently had IVF with ICSI, I'm on my 7th day post ET, my BT is Monday 01st Decemeber. The 2ww is far worse than the procedure! Since the ET i've had intense backache and some cramping, pain down my legs just like period symptoms but from reading other peoples experience apparently it's a good thing to feel like this so i'm hoping and praying that its good news.

How are you feeling and when is your BT?

Good luck to all,
Hi Ladies-

I just did IVF this past week for the first time die to male factor issues. I had ET on 11/20/2008 and transfer on day 3 which was Sunday 11/23/2008. We had 3 good embies. (1-8 cell and 2- 6 cell) They retrieved 19 eggs but only 8 were mature and only 3 fertilized. We put in all 3....so this is it. I was told that cramping is normal and mine comes and goes. My blood test is Wednesday 12/03/08 and the wait is killing me! I took a pregnancy test tomight and it was negative. I know it's too early and I swore I was not going to take one because I didn't want to see "not pregnant" and get bummed out. I convinced myself that I was ONLY taking it to see a possible pregnant sign and that it would most likely be negative since it's only 5 day after transfer. Plus I did not wait for first morning urine........looks like all of us are tortured during the wait. I just want to be pregnant. We have been TTC for almost 6 years and all my friends have babies or are pregnant. I feel like it's never going to happen. The progesterone and estrogen make you feel pregnant and ER makes your belly round so I know that these are not real symptoms. I can tell you that some of this twitching and flutters has to be implantation, or at least I am convinced. I can't wait until Wednesday.......I never wish the weekend away...except for now!!
Hi all, great advise on this site, currently on 2nd ivf try and will find out results in 4 days.....question are you allowed to have sex even whilst during the waiting period? or is it detrimental?
I am new to this site but am dsperatley needing some advice. I have recently gone through my 1st ivf short cycle.
3 embies transfered on day 3
X1. 8 cell grade A and X2 8 cell grade b.
Had my hcg on day 10 after transfer. My blood test was done at a local hospital not my IVF center as we are miles from IVF center. I am in the middle east and things are not quite as "local" as the USA. they said my HCG levels were not high enough for a viable pregnancy. My period should have started 3 days ago and i am usually very regular. Could the implantation have been late and hence the HCG levels not high enough on the 10days post transfer test. My RE is on vacation in the USA now and wont return until July 27th. I am so anxious to know if they tested to early and why my cycke hasnt started? Could i be pregnant or is there some other reason for my late period?
I had 3 embyro transfer 7/17/09 all 8cell grade A today is day 3 and I feel like Im geting my period. I read all the post and they are very helpful but i still cant help and worry this did not work. I tried 2 rounds of IUI before this and nothing so i feel the signs as last time. Im so confused???
after under  gone an ivf treatment with in how many days can a women get preganant? plz tell me.......!
i had a  d3t on 8/3/09. 3 eggs were transfered. on the 3rd day i started feeling strong cramps. also nausea set in. the cramps have gotten lighter as the days passed. nausea rom time to time. only way i can make them subside is by sucking in a lime.
this is my 2nd ivf. first one failed. i had spotting during the 1st cycle, but this cycle i did not spot. i'm testing on 8/14/09. i on't want to  use a hpt because i'm afraid it might be unfavorable.
does ne one kno if not bleeding is normal?
A related discussion, ivf cramping after transfer was started.
I just stumbled on this site and I am a bit anxious..today is day 22 after ET and I have been confirmed pregnant.I just need to know hw far gone I am..
I had the ET on d 10th of Dec 2009.
--Ayo
I had the ET on d 10th of Dec 2009.
--Ayo
A related discussion, Day 14 after ET was started.
Hello, i am new.  Reading these entries has made me feel a little better.  My husband and i have been trying for 9 years.  I just had my last IVF transfer on the 8th.  We went through 2 - 2 years ago and both miscarried.  We finally pulled enough money together to do the last 5 embryos.  The transfer was the 8th.  I have been on progesterone, estrace and am taking daily injections of Lovenox...My pregnancy test is scheduled for Wed the 21st.  I am slightly crampy.  Feel like i have to pee all the time.  I have been doing the other alot as well.  My boobs are slightly achy and i have a slight headache.  Anyone else on Lovenox and similar symptoms? I am hoping from reading all your entries that this IS normal and i should not worry.  This is the last time we are able to do this. Out of money and out of eggs.:)  We are so hoping that the 3rd time is definitely a charm.
I had 2 transferred on day 5, on 5/7 but I'm cramping today & I'm bleeding. I was told this is normal but I don't have ANY pregnancy symptoms. I'm trying to remain positive. Wish me luck!
I am so glad that you are all out there for support!.
This is my 2nd IVF cycle.  the first one I got pregnant but it lasted only 6 weeks.
This cycle, the embryo quality was much better and transferred 3 blastocysts to me yesterday; two day 5 and one was a day 4.  This is day 2 of bedrest and Im feeling cramping but that could be residual pain from the egg retrieval a week ago.. since the pain is in the same spot.
I am hoping my babies implant into my uterus and that I can feel some cramping /spotting in the next few days. I've read that implantation should occur 2-3 days after 5 day blast transfer.
  I will try a HPT on day 6 after transfer and hope it is positive!
Until then, I will just take it day by day.

Hi, its nice to talk to others going through this stressful time.. I had my transfer last Wednesday.  I transferred 2 blastocyst.  I had very stressful few days after my transfer which scares me becuz Im afraid from being so stressed out they would not attach.   Now the waiting period is killing me.  This is my second time doing this so Im hoping for a positive outcome.  I wanted to cheat and take over the co unter test but my friend took several and it said positive then negative and blood test came out negative, since this is already a emotional roller coaster I didnt wanna push my luck.  
I was scheduled to noramlly get my period today, I was wondering since I didnt get it does that mean it worked? Last time when it failed i got my period before my blood test.   I had a light pink spotting when i wiped friday only 1 time and sunday only 1 time and those are the days the doctor said they would hopefully attach so I was told that could be good.  and this morning i woke  up with cramps like i was getting my period but nothing came.  I go for my blood test Friday so I pray its positive..
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting.  I'm so devastated I can't put in to words.  I did 3 embryo transfer on 03/10/11 and all was going well until out from the left field I starting a cycle on Sunday 03/20/11 I have taken the pregancy test yet as it was scheduled for 03/25/11.  At this point I feel so weak in my spirit that I don't know what to do.  My doctors says she can't say at this point if the IVF failed or not cause she has patients who have bleed and yet was pregnant.  That's so hard to wrap my mind around.  Can you ladies help!!
Hi i was just wondering how things went for you as i have just had my embryos back in on the 22nd april and i know exactly how you are feeling. I have never been this scared or nervous about anything in my life and pray that you got the result you hoped for xx
Hi everybody

I am the 2nd day of my embryo transfer and i keep getting hot flushes and slight cramp im hoping this is a positive however could someone let me know if this a posiitve or is to early to tell.  My Embroyos were put back in four days early due to fragments coming off them they warned me that this can reduce my chances has anybody else got pregnant and been told the same as me? Im going going out of mind with worry and unanswered questions.

has anyone gotten pregnant even if they feel strong period symptoms in the 2ww?
Hi All

I am currently day 9 post ET, and desperate to do a "secret" hpt. Within the first week, I was convinced my period was about to start. I have had really big swollen breasts, back ache and some mild cramps for a few days, this has subsided now and I dont really feel anything, I have not had any spotting.
I am wondering if I am not pregnant,(fingers and toes crossed I am) then would my period arrive during the 2ww or after I stop taking the pegesterone pessaries?? Can anyone help me decipher when I would actually be due??

Good luck to you all, this wait is mental torture!!!
I had a blastocyst transfer on the 19th...waiting for some pregnancy signs to appear but they don't...but i had slight period like cramps jst 2-3 days after transfer..and I'm so sacred that my period would start..this is my 2nd ivf. the 1st one failed..i really really want this to work out...please someone give me hope..oh I hate this wait..and more than that i am so afraid of taking the test..
I had an embryo transfer 9 days ago they put to eggs back ,now iv got back pain and bleeding like a normal period with pain what does this mean I'm so scared have I lost them am I not pregnant.Even thow I seen to want to go to the lou every two hours.    Deb
I'm I'n my 9th day of my embyro transfer for a few days now iv been going to the lou every two hours,I had two eggs put back now I'm scared as iv started bleeding like a normal period with the pain and clotting what does this mean am I not pregnant or have I just lost one .please help deb

Hi ladies.....I am on day 5 of ET,2 5 day blastocysts were implanted, this is my second attempt at IVF,the first attempt i did fall pregnant but was told at my first scan that i had a blighted ovum, this for ladies who haven't heard is where your body tells you you are pregnant,you have all the symptoms,multiple tests were positive,my belly started to grow i had major cravings,but....the pregnancy sac was growing but was empty,the placenta part grew but the baby did not. I had to have a medical termination that did not work then i had to have surgery to remove the empty sac,which was traumatic to say the least.
I am now waiting patiently for the 2ww to end, i have had cramping today like i am going to start my period and i am aware of my stomach the whole time, i have taken the two weeks off work so i can just take things easy,but its hard,i don't even want to cough to hard in case it stops them from implanting! I just wanted to know is it a good idea to rest up lots (i have stayed in my pj's for the last 4 days!) or is it best to get on with things? Any thoughts??
Thankyou and best of luck to you all, i hope your dreams come true ! <3
Just wondered how things worked out for you Debbie? x
Hi Everyone I am 9dpt and I have two more days(10/21/11) before I do my beta test and I am nervous.I trying to avoid the HPT because I don't want to get my hopes up and its a false positive.  I had two grade A 8 cells transfered back and I am having mild cramping that goes and comes as it please, hot flashes,  lower back pain and lets not talk about my boobs. I was wonder has anyone else experience the same things and ended up with a BFP. I test two days before my birthday and Im hoping everything works out.  I wish everybody the best with their cycle.
Crossing my fingers for you Midget2379..I hope you get good news. What a great birthday present that would be!!! I am 7dpt and have been having really bad cramps. I swear I am about to get my period. Everytime I go to the bathroom I am checking. From what I have read it may be normal but the cramping and the not knowing is killing me!! I am so scared my period is going to come. My question is I had to go to my doctor today for a blood test. Is this too early? It seem like everyone else is waiting 2w..
Thanks I am so tempted to buy a HPT but scared of the results. I go in the morning for my blood test but I know its gonna feel like and eternity by the time they call me. Wishing the best for you I hope everything works out for you. Please keep me posted on everything Ill keep checking the fourm for an update. I will also update tomorrow as well.
Well doctor called. My blood test was negative!! Im not Pregnant! I am heartbroken!!! Hopefully third time will be a charm. I am hoping to hear good news from you tomorrow!!
I am so sorry to hear that it didn't work.  I got nervous last night and took a test because I didn't want to get the bad news at work.  But to my surprise it came out positive. The doctor just called and I am pregnant my beta was 116.  I wish you the best don't give up I just know you will get a positive.
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so Happy for you. Thanks for letting me know. I have been thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed. Our next cycle will be starting on November 5th. Praying that the third time is a charm. Take care and keep in touch!
I got my fingers crossed that this cycle will work for you!!!! They do say third time is the charm!! Keep me posted
this is my first time on this site. Congrats the ones expecting.. I am so nervous I have had 3 failed IUI and one failed IVF this time I did a 5day transfer but only implanted one. I am so nervous. I have had some naseau and tender breast but i know this is from the medication. My transfer was on Saturday. We have been been trying for 7plus yrs. any advice?
Hi ladies, this is great to be able to read all your journeys through this. I am 8dpt of 1 5day blast.. Today is the first day I'm feeling shooting pain in my abdomen. I am normally a very hyper nervous, anxious person but I've taken time off work and have been getting acupuncture done. This is the most calm I've been in my life. I, just like all of you want this desperately! I got pregnant my last cycle spontaneously but it was not viable. I'm hoping my body is trying to tell me that we can do this!!!
I forgot to mention that my beta is on wednesday..which is in 3 days.... Can't wait but so apprehensive!!!
i have ivf last october 15 but i have menstruation oct.29......very dissapointed because my husband and i are expected i am pregnant.this is my two time ivf but not success.how many ivf we need to be pregnant.
Hi...Just wanted to check in and see how things are going and how pregnancy is treating you? We started our 3rd cycle on Friday so I will keep you posted. Saying a million prayers a day! Hope to hear from you soon.
Hi, ive never posted on thread like this ever before - I just sit here and read what everyone else has written....so here goes! I'm 6 days post transfer .... I had two 3 day embryos transferred. Last night and today I've been quite crampy to say the least. It's been bearable but not been a nice feeling. This is my 2nd try at ivf and I want it to work SO SO BADLY! I've read somewhere that when u have 3 day embryos transferred, implantation would take place on days 5 and 6 post transfer. Going by this, I'm hoping and praying that it may have worked this time. No sore boobs, only cramping and slight nausea. Today, I didn't feel like eating anything! I'm just praying for some kind of sign! I've taken the week off work and the wait is literally killing me! Good luck to all :)
Had my first IVF yesterday 11/11/2011 at 11:11am. Hopefully this means good luck. They implanted 2 good embryos.  Laying around since yesterday any suggestions from anyone would be great...  Blood test on 11/25/2011.  A little sore today is that normal.  Dr put me on Prometrium as well.  
This is my first time on this site I'm going threw my 2nd cycle I had my transfer 2 days ago and finding out my result on 23 rd but people ask me do I feel different? If I was pregnant am I suppose to feel something different I hope it has worked :-(
I am going to be doing my test in the morning this is my 3rd attempt at IVF but this time its frozen embryos, I had some period pains every now and then but not bleeding, last two times I was bleeding, I dont want to get all excited, and I am scared to do it, dont want bad news.
To Emmalou1980, I'm new to this site and it's my 3rd IVF cycle too.  Had a transfer yesterday, lots of cramping and hot flashes to an extent I haven't felt before.  The Dr told me the effect is cumulative so the more cycles you do the more likely you are to get preggas.  Lots of women get pregnant in their 3rd cycle. I just read someone has done their 7th cylce, not sure I could ever do that!  Reading all these makes me feel part of a VERY BIG group of women.  Good luck to you all.
I'm dad, wife is sleeping and i cant stop reading and hoping. This is our first IVF after several failed iui attempts. We are 8dpt. Put 2 five day blasts back. BT is tomorrow. Praying for a BFP. 2WW has been excruciating. This will either be a fantastic Christmas or one of sadness. We considered extending 2WW until after Christmas but we need to know... Please cross your fingers and pray for us. We're praying for all of you too, and all the couples struggling... Happy thoughts, stay positive...
hi i am new to all this i am on day 9 i had my embryo transfer on day 5 blastocst. i was just wondering if anyone could help me im getting quite painful cramps and bleeding is this normal?. its nice to see there is a page like this where i dont feel so alone.
hi hope you dont mind me asking but reading through everyones post you are the only person who has had the same symptoms as me and at the same stage. what happened with you with this ?

Kind regards

shelley
i had a 5 day embryo put in 2 days ago and feel like im gonna come on my period is this normal
I had 2 transferred on day 3 on March 10th. This is my first IVF cycle and I was wondering how soon I could take a prego test that HcG would show up. I took one today but I know there is no way the test would show positive but I just couldn't resist so it did show up negative. I go in March 22nd for my blood work and the 2WW is killing me. Please help!
Hi:

I am taking my Preg Test on Friday March 23. Please let me know how yours went. I've been getting cramps in the lower abdomen area...very much like as if AF is coming.

baby dust to all
Checking in! - my last post in DEC 22, 2011 was on the eve before we found out our 1st round of IVF resulted in a BFN. MDW and I were devastated. We weren't sure what to do next. The cost of it all (financially and emotionally) was too much. We did have 5 frozens. So after a lot of discussion and tears we decided to pick ourselves up and try again once we had the money. But this time we weren't going to tell a soul. (It was hard having family call all day the day it didn't work) Well last Thursday, 03/22/2012 10dp5dt (FET) we got a BFP and a Beta of 292. Today, 17dp5dt our Beta is 7568.We thawed 3 and all 3 survived so we transferred all of them. We're definitely not out of the woods yet but some very good news! We're so excited. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
Hi all:

My preg test came out neg and we r devastated. This is our 2nd ivf  with 3 iuis behind us and it's hard to hold back the tears on some days.

Don't know what to do at this point....DH is not keen on donor's eggs but I am turning 41 in a few months. Any opinions out there?
I'm so sorry. I'm quickly becoming a true believer in FET. Not sure if you had any frozen but I really believe that FET has better success rates because moms body is not put through nearly as much stress as with a fresh IVF. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am going in tomorrow for bloodwork to see if I'm pregnant.  I'm kind of mad with my family because my mom told my sister that she could  tell me that she's pregnant during this 2ww time.  I hung up the phone on her because I was so stressed out and hurt that they would do this to me. I told my mother that I didn't want any stress in my life.  My parents were telling me a couple of weeks ago that this might not work as it happened to one of their friends.  I had so many hopes and dreams and I feel like they took it all away from me.  My sister wasn't even trying to get pregnant (she's telling me) and then tells me that if I'm pregnant tomorrow that we can have a double shower.  So, I kind of don't want anything to do with my family right now.  This is my first IVF, had 3 IUI's with clomid and I'm hoping and praying that I get a Big Fat Positive sign.  I have wanted this more than anything else that I ever wanted in my life.  I just kind of feel like I'm all alone.  I did eventually call back my sister because I wanted to show her how happy I am for her even though I am so devastated.  Please let it be positive tomorrow.  I have had the cramps, back aches, hot flashes, and these hormones are driving me crazy.  
No eggs to freeze...did 1st IVF with two Day3 embies 8C1 & 6C1 (1 being the best) and then 2nd IVF on Day 5 with one blast & one morula (also best quality). Still it didn't take.

Will go in for follow up consultation this Friday....I am afraid that I may tear up at the doctor's office.
hie girls
I t is nice to have this site where you can share your feelings with pple in the same boat as as you .  I had my transfer on the 16/04/2012 it was not a good one my dear .i had a 10 cell 5 day embryo w ith some cracks and a 3 cell one this is my 3rd attempt and have never been succesful. i feel like  i am about to get my menses but nothing i dont really have the cramps but a dull pain as if I  am ovulating ,slight backache on and off, i will be having a preg test on 28/04 GOD i am scared
I all I am 4 days past d2t of 2 grade a embabies I got the call today from embryologist saying none of our 3 left over we're able 2 freeze devastated he said that makes them even more confident about the 2 they put back  but I'm so scared & can't stop crying has anyone had bfp with none making it 2 freeze I'm 22 wih pcos & mf we did icsi & this is our 1st ivf I have very sore boobs & on/ off at like cramps is this a good sign I'm so heartbroken at the thought of it failing please help xxxxxxx
I got my first ET on Sep 7th and now I am on my ww2 wait,worse thing ever. I feel very light pains around uterus/ovary area. since a few days ago.Today is my 10 day after transfer.Yesterday I noticed a medium to small size spot of blood.I have sore breasts but I know that many of the symptoms can be from all the progesterone injections and capsules i am taking. The day for my Hcg beta test is 21 Sep. Can someone else share their experiences,especially someone who is doing this right now.I am so nervous,thank you
I had my day 5 ET on September 9 (2 embryo - 1st IVF cycle).  Today is day 8 after transfer.  Since then have had extremely sore breasts and have had a constant mild cramping feeling.  I have been told by many that the sore breasts are from the meds.  I havent had any spotting yet however the cramping feels like I should be starting my period.  I am fighting the urge to buy a HPT....
I am not scheduled to have my bloodtest done until the 25th of September!!!!  This is all soooo frustrating.
Hi everyone,
I wondered if anyone has fallen pregnant with IVF without taking progesterone pessaries after embryo transfer?
I would really love to know because I am day 4 after transfer and I forgot to take the progesterone pessaries until today. We only had one embryo from this cycle (our first) and I can't believe that I forgot to take the pessaries.
My husband and I are obviously upset (and angry with me). The doctor says it is still possible to fall pregnant but I suspect he is just letting us down gently.
All comments very welcome.
Thank you
Goodluck to all.... waiting time is killing.
hello.i am new also to this forum.having embryo transfer 10 days ago.,im trying to test after 10 days and it turned out negative,i feel also cramping and lower back pain as if my menstration well be coming.does i have a greater chance for BFP when im waited 14 days after? my urine hpt is due this Dec 31,2013 but im scared.i already cried when i saw my pregnancy result 10 days after embryo transfer that was negative.thank you..
Did you have a blastocyst or 3day transfer? Don't worry it's well. I had a blastocyst and today is my urine test so will  keep you updated. You are in my prayers
sorry but what do you mean with balstocyst? for me i had my egg retreivel dec,16,2013,and embryo transfer dec 18,2013 with 1 embryo 4 cells,hoping it a BFP on new years eve..is it also your first IVF? for me this is my first time and i keep  nervous evrytime i remember my HPT day,and i tested 10 days after embryo transfer and it was negative that is why i am loosing my hope,,thank you so much for your advice and baby dust to us,,
Hi Everyone.

I have been reading this thread on and off all day.  If anyone posted here with questions and didn't give an update later, please do! I am interested in hearing everyone's complete stories, not just their questions.  

I am 28 and and 9dp3dt.  It is our first round of IVF.  My husband has azoospermia and they don't know what the issue is.  After a year and a half of trying and discovering our infertility issues, we finally went through with a fresh cycle--my husband had to have a Micro TESE surgery at the same time I had my egg retrieval so everything had to time up perfectly.  They were able to retrieve 30 eggs from me.  Only 23 of which were mature.  Unfortunately, they did not find a single sperm in my husband's surgery.  I just don't understand this.  Fortunately (I hope) they were able to use a sample he gave a few months back in which they found some non-motile sperm (this makes no sense to me that they could find this in a sample and none in a biopsy) but anyway they tried to fertilize 10 of my eggs with the sperm, 4 of which began to show signs of fertilization the first day.  Only two completely fertilized and I had a 3 day transfer of these two.  I don't know much about quality and such as no one at the clinic explained this stuff to me and I was too dazed throughout this process to think of the question but I believe one was a 3 cell (I do know that that's not great) and one was either a 6 cell or an 8 cell.  Anyway, I know the odds are down because they used non-motile sperm.  

I am so anxious to get the results but I don't want them at the same time because if it is negative I will be devastated.  Reading here, I see so many of you going through a lot. You are all great.  I am only on my first IVF but this whole process is so draining.  Every day someone else is telling me they are pregnant it seems. I am happy for them but sometimes totally bitter and I hate it.  My husband's sister is 23 and already having her second baby.  She posted that she was pregnant on facebook at only 4 weeks!! This seems too early.  Anyway, I have only experienced some twinges here and there at the beginning which I assumed were my ovaries shrinking back down to size and then for the last two days I have felt some weird pains in the same spots on my lower abdomen.  I have been tired (though I always feel tired) and I have had to pee a lot in the beginning but who knows.  I haven't really had cramps but since last night I have had that "period feeling." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's just how I usually feel in my belly when I am about to get my period.  I am so hoping I don't.  I am also taking the progesterone suppositories (those suck) as well as the vivelle estrogen patches which I just started 3 days ago.  It is Saturday 1/18 and my test is on Thursday 1/23.  I hate this wait. It is terrible.  Please god let this work!
Hi there. All the best to you!  I hope this worked for you and your husband.
We are going through our second round of IVF and used a frozen egg, transfer was a week ago tomorrow.
Its driving me mad waiting for our blood test, it's only in another 5 days but it seems forever! I'm tempted to do a Hpt but I gotta have my last Pregnyl injection tomorrow.
I am currently getting cramps but I am due to get my periods any day now so I'm beginning to lose hope.
Plus I goggle EVERYTHING and that certainly doesn't help.
All I can to is pray this works and good luck to you all