Waiting period after IVF question??
Hello all, I am new to this site and I would like your help.
I just had a IVF 5 day transfer on 3/21 now I am feeling some cramping on day 7. I took an over the counter pregnancy test and it came out positive. Is the cramping normal?? please any advice you can offer would be great!!! Thanks
has anyone gotten pregnant even if they feel strong period symptoms in the 2ww?
Hi All

I am currently day 9 post ET, and desperate to do a "secret" hpt. Within the first week, I was convinced my period was about to start. I have had really big swollen breasts, back ache and some mild cramps for a few days, this has subsided now and I dont really feel anything, I have not had any spotting.
I am wondering if I am not pregnant,(fingers and toes crossed I am) then would my period arrive during the 2ww or after I stop taking the pegesterone pessaries?? Can anyone help me decipher when I would actually be due??

Good luck to you all, this wait is mental torture!!!
I had a blastocyst transfer on the 19th...waiting for some pregnancy signs to appear but they don't...but i had slight period like cramps jst 2-3 days after transfer..and I'm so sacred that my period would start..this is my 2nd ivf. the 1st one failed..i really really want this to work out...please someone give me hope..oh I hate this wait..and more than that i am so afraid of taking the test..
I had an embryo transfer 9 days ago they put to eggs back ,now iv got back pain and bleeding like a normal period with pain what does this mean I'm so scared have I lost them am I not pregnant.Even thow I seen to want to go to the lou every two hours.    Deb
I'm I'n my 9th day of my embyro transfer for a few days now iv been going to the lou every two hours,I had two eggs put back now I'm scared as iv started bleeding like a normal period with the pain and clotting what does this mean am I not pregnant or have I just lost one .please help deb

Hi ladies.....I am on day 5 of ET,2 5 day blastocysts were implanted, this is my second attempt at IVF,the first attempt i did fall pregnant but was told at my first scan that i had a blighted ovum, this for ladies who haven't heard is where your body tells you you are pregnant,you have all the symptoms,multiple tests were positive,my belly started to grow i had major cravings,but....the pregnancy sac was growing but was empty,the placenta part grew but the baby did not. I had to have a medical termination that did not work then i had to have surgery to remove the empty sac,which was traumatic to say the least.
I am now waiting patiently for the 2ww to end, i have had cramping today like i am going to start my period and i am aware of my stomach the whole time, i have taken the two weeks off work so i can just take things easy,but its hard,i don't even want to cough to hard in case it stops them from implanting! I just wanted to know is it a good idea to rest up lots (i have stayed in my pj's for the last 4 days!) or is it best to get on with things? Any thoughts??
Thankyou and best of luck to you all, i hope your dreams come true ! <3
Just wondered how things worked out for you Debbie? x
Hi Everyone I am 9dpt and I have two more days(10/21/11) before I do my beta test and I am nervous.I trying to avoid the HPT because I don't want to get my hopes up and its a false positive.  I had two grade A 8 cells transfered back and I am having mild cramping that goes and comes as it please, hot flashes,  lower back pain and lets not talk about my boobs. I was wonder has anyone else experience the same things and ended up with a BFP. I test two days before my birthday and Im hoping everything works out.  I wish everybody the best with their cycle.
Crossing my fingers for you Midget2379..I hope you get good news. What a great birthday present that would be!!! I am 7dpt and have been having really bad cramps. I swear I am about to get my period. Everytime I go to the bathroom I am checking. From what I have read it may be normal but the cramping and the not knowing is killing me!! I am so scared my period is going to come. My question is I had to go to my doctor today for a blood test. Is this too early? It seem like everyone else is waiting 2w..
Thanks I am so tempted to buy a HPT but scared of the results. I go in the morning for my blood test but I know its gonna feel like and eternity by the time they call me. Wishing the best for you I hope everything works out for you. Please keep me posted on everything Ill keep checking the fourm for an update. I will also update tomorrow as well.
Well doctor called. My blood test was negative!! Im not Pregnant! I am heartbroken!!! Hopefully third time will be a charm. I am hoping to hear good news from you tomorrow!!
I am so sorry to hear that it didn't work.  I got nervous last night and took a test because I didn't want to get the bad news at work.  But to my surprise it came out positive. The doctor just called and I am pregnant my beta was 116.  I wish you the best don't give up I just know you will get a positive.
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so Happy for you. Thanks for letting me know. I have been thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed. Our next cycle will be starting on November 5th. Praying that the third time is a charm. Take care and keep in touch!
I got my fingers crossed that this cycle will work for you!!!! They do say third time is the charm!! Keep me posted
this is my first time on this site. Congrats the ones expecting.. I am so nervous I have had 3 failed IUI and one failed IVF this time I did a 5day transfer but only implanted one. I am so nervous. I have had some naseau and tender breast but i know this is from the medication. My transfer was on Saturday. We have been been trying for 7plus yrs. any advice?
Hi ladies, this is great to be able to read all your journeys through this. I am 8dpt of 1 5day blast.. Today is the first day I'm feeling shooting pain in my abdomen. I am normally a very hyper nervous, anxious person but I've taken time off work and have been getting acupuncture done. This is the most calm I've been in my life. I, just like all of you want this desperately! I got pregnant my last cycle spontaneously but it was not viable. I'm hoping my body is trying to tell me that we can do this!!!
I forgot to mention that my beta is on wednesday..which is in 3 days.... Can't wait but so apprehensive!!!
i have ivf last october 15 but i have menstruation oct.29......very dissapointed because my husband and i are expected i am pregnant.this is my two time ivf but not success.how many ivf we need to be pregnant.
Hi...Just wanted to check in and see how things are going and how pregnancy is treating you? We started our 3rd cycle on Friday so I will keep you posted. Saying a million prayers a day! Hope to hear from you soon.
Hi, ive never posted on thread like this ever before - I just sit here and read what everyone else has written....so here goes! I'm 6 days post transfer .... I had two 3 day embryos transferred. Last night and today I've been quite crampy to say the least. It's been bearable but not been a nice feeling. This is my 2nd try at ivf and I want it to work SO SO BADLY! I've read somewhere that when u have 3 day embryos transferred, implantation would take place on days 5 and 6 post transfer. Going by this, I'm hoping and praying that it may have worked this time. No sore boobs, only cramping and slight nausea. Today, I didn't feel like eating anything! I'm just praying for some kind of sign! I've taken the week off work and the wait is literally killing me! Good luck to all :)
Had my first IVF yesterday 11/11/2011 at 11:11am. Hopefully this means good luck. They implanted 2 good embryos.  Laying around since yesterday any suggestions from anyone would be great...  Blood test on 11/25/2011.  A little sore today is that normal.  Dr put me on Prometrium as well.  
This is my first time on this site I'm going threw my 2nd cycle I had my transfer 2 days ago and finding out my result on 23 rd but people ask me do I feel different? If I was pregnant am I suppose to feel something different I hope it has worked :-(
I am going to be doing my test in the morning this is my 3rd attempt at IVF but this time its frozen embryos, I had some period pains every now and then but not bleeding, last two times I was bleeding, I dont want to get all excited, and I am scared to do it, dont want bad news.
To Emmalou1980, I'm new to this site and it's my 3rd IVF cycle too.  Had a transfer yesterday, lots of cramping and hot flashes to an extent I haven't felt before.  The Dr told me the effect is cumulative so the more cycles you do the more likely you are to get preggas.  Lots of women get pregnant in their 3rd cycle. I just read someone has done their 7th cylce, not sure I could ever do that!  Reading all these makes me feel part of a VERY BIG group of women.  Good luck to you all.
I'm dad, wife is sleeping and i cant stop reading and hoping. This is our first IVF after several failed iui attempts. We are 8dpt. Put 2 five day blasts back. BT is tomorrow. Praying for a BFP. 2WW has been excruciating. This will either be a fantastic Christmas or one of sadness. We considered extending 2WW until after Christmas but we need to know... Please cross your fingers and pray for us. We're praying for all of you too, and all the couples struggling... Happy thoughts, stay positive...
hi i am new to all this i am on day 9 i had my embryo transfer on day 5 blastocst. i was just wondering if anyone could help me im getting quite painful cramps and bleeding is this normal?. its nice to see there is a page like this where i dont feel so alone.
hi hope you dont mind me asking but reading through everyones post you are the only person who has had the same symptoms as me and at the same stage. what happened with you with this ?

Kind regards

shelley
i had a 5 day embryo put in 2 days ago and feel like im gonna come on my period is this normal
I had 2 transferred on day 3 on March 10th. This is my first IVF cycle and I was wondering how soon I could take a prego test that HcG would show up. I took one today but I know there is no way the test would show positive but I just couldn't resist so it did show up negative. I go in March 22nd for my blood work and the 2WW is killing me. Please help!
Hi:

I am taking my Preg Test on Friday March 23. Please let me know how yours went. I've been getting cramps in the lower abdomen area...very much like as if AF is coming.

baby dust to all
Checking in! - my last post in DEC 22, 2011 was on the eve before we found out our 1st round of IVF resulted in a BFN. MDW and I were devastated. We weren't sure what to do next. The cost of it all (financially and emotionally) was too much. We did have 5 frozens. So after a lot of discussion and tears we decided to pick ourselves up and try again once we had the money. But this time we weren't going to tell a soul. (It was hard having family call all day the day it didn't work) Well last Thursday, 03/22/2012 10dp5dt (FET) we got a BFP and a Beta of 292. Today, 17dp5dt our Beta is 7568.We thawed 3 and all 3 survived so we transferred all of them. We're definitely not out of the woods yet but some very good news! We're so excited. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
Hi all:

My preg test came out neg and we r devastated. This is our 2nd ivf  with 3 iuis behind us and it's hard to hold back the tears on some days.

Don't know what to do at this point....DH is not keen on donor's eggs but I am turning 41 in a few months. Any opinions out there?
I'm so sorry. I'm quickly becoming a true believer in FET. Not sure if you had any frozen but I really believe that FET has better success rates because moms body is not put through nearly as much stress as with a fresh IVF. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am going in tomorrow for bloodwork to see if I'm pregnant.  I'm kind of mad with my family because my mom told my sister that she could  tell me that she's pregnant during this 2ww time.  I hung up the phone on her because I was so stressed out and hurt that they would do this to me. I told my mother that I didn't want any stress in my life.  My parents were telling me a couple of weeks ago that this might not work as it happened to one of their friends.  I had so many hopes and dreams and I feel like they took it all away from me.  My sister wasn't even trying to get pregnant (she's telling me) and then tells me that if I'm pregnant tomorrow that we can have a double shower.  So, I kind of don't want anything to do with my family right now.  This is my first IVF, had 3 IUI's with clomid and I'm hoping and praying that I get a Big Fat Positive sign.  I have wanted this more than anything else that I ever wanted in my life.  I just kind of feel like I'm all alone.  I did eventually call back my sister because I wanted to show her how happy I am for her even though I am so devastated.  Please let it be positive tomorrow.  I have had the cramps, back aches, hot flashes, and these hormones are driving me crazy.  
No eggs to freeze...did 1st IVF with two Day3 embies 8C1 & 6C1 (1 being the best) and then 2nd IVF on Day 5 with one blast & one morula (also best quality). Still it didn't take.

Will go in for follow up consultation this Friday....I am afraid that I may tear up at the doctor's office.
hie girls
I t is nice to have this site where you can share your feelings with pple in the same boat as as you .  I had my transfer on the 16/04/2012 it was not a good one my dear .i had a 10 cell 5 day embryo w ith some cracks and a 3 cell one this is my 3rd attempt and have never been succesful. i feel like  i am about to get my menses but nothing i dont really have the cramps but a dull pain as if I  am ovulating ,slight backache on and off, i will be having a preg test on 28/04 GOD i am scared
I all I am 4 days past d2t of 2 grade a embabies I got the call today from embryologist saying none of our 3 left over we're able 2 freeze devastated he said that makes them even more confident about the 2 they put back  but I'm so scared & can't stop crying has anyone had bfp with none making it 2 freeze I'm 22 wih pcos & mf we did icsi & this is our 1st ivf I have very sore boobs & on/ off at like cramps is this a good sign I'm so heartbroken at the thought of it failing please help xxxxxxx
I got my first ET on Sep 7th and now I am on my ww2 wait,worse thing ever. I feel very light pains around uterus/ovary area. since a few days ago.Today is my 10 day after transfer.Yesterday I noticed a medium to small size spot of blood.I have sore breasts but I know that many of the symptoms can be from all the progesterone injections and capsules i am taking. The day for my Hcg beta test is 21 Sep. Can someone else share their experiences,especially someone who is doing this right now.I am so nervous,thank you
I had my day 5 ET on September 9 (2 embryo - 1st IVF cycle).  Today is day 8 after transfer.  Since then have had extremely sore breasts and have had a constant mild cramping feeling.  I have been told by many that the sore breasts are from the meds.  I havent had any spotting yet however the cramping feels like I should be starting my period.  I am fighting the urge to buy a HPT....
I am not scheduled to have my bloodtest done until the 25th of September!!!!  This is all soooo frustrating.
Hi everyone,
I wondered if anyone has fallen pregnant with IVF without taking progesterone pessaries after embryo transfer?
I would really love to know because I am day 4 after transfer and I forgot to take the progesterone pessaries until today. We only had one embryo from this cycle (our first) and I can't believe that I forgot to take the pessaries.
My husband and I are obviously upset (and angry with me). The doctor says it is still possible to fall pregnant but I suspect he is just letting us down gently.
All comments very welcome.
Thank you
Goodluck to all.... waiting time is killing.
hello.i am new also to this forum.having embryo transfer 10 days ago.,im trying to test after 10 days and it turned out negative,i feel also cramping and lower back pain as if my menstration well be coming.does i have a greater chance for BFP when im waited 14 days after? my urine hpt is due this Dec 31,2013 but im scared.i already cried when i saw my pregnancy result 10 days after embryo transfer that was negative.thank you..
Did you have a blastocyst or 3day transfer? Don't worry it's well. I had a blastocyst and today is my urine test so will  keep you updated. You are in my prayers
sorry but what do you mean with balstocyst? for me i had my egg retreivel dec,16,2013,and embryo transfer dec 18,2013 with 1 embryo 4 cells,hoping it a BFP on new years eve..is it also your first IVF? for me this is my first time and i keep  nervous evrytime i remember my HPT day,and i tested 10 days after embryo transfer and it was negative that is why i am loosing my hope,,thank you so much for your advice and baby dust to us,,
Hi Everyone.

I have been reading this thread on and off all day.  If anyone posted here with questions and didn't give an update later, please do! I am interested in hearing everyone's complete stories, not just their questions.  

I am 28 and and 9dp3dt.  It is our first round of IVF.  My husband has azoospermia and they don't know what the issue is.  After a year and a half of trying and discovering our infertility issues, we finally went through with a fresh cycle--my husband had to have a Micro TESE surgery at the same time I had my egg retrieval so everything had to time up perfectly.  They were able to retrieve 30 eggs from me.  Only 23 of which were mature.  Unfortunately, they did not find a single sperm in my husband's surgery.  I just don't understand this.  Fortunately (I hope) they were able to use a sample he gave a few months back in which they found some non-motile sperm (this makes no sense to me that they could find this in a sample and none in a biopsy) but anyway they tried to fertilize 10 of my eggs with the sperm, 4 of which began to show signs of fertilization the first day.  Only two completely fertilized and I had a 3 day transfer of these two.  I don't know much about quality and such as no one at the clinic explained this stuff to me and I was too dazed throughout this process to think of the question but I believe one was a 3 cell (I do know that that's not great) and one was either a 6 cell or an 8 cell.  Anyway, I know the odds are down because they used non-motile sperm.  

I am so anxious to get the results but I don't want them at the same time because if it is negative I will be devastated.  Reading here, I see so many of you going through a lot. You are all great.  I am only on my first IVF but this whole process is so draining.  Every day someone else is telling me they are pregnant it seems. I am happy for them but sometimes totally bitter and I hate it.  My husband's sister is 23 and already having her second baby.  She posted that she was pregnant on facebook at only 4 weeks!! This seems too early.  Anyway, I have only experienced some twinges here and there at the beginning which I assumed were my ovaries shrinking back down to size and then for the last two days I have felt some weird pains in the same spots on my lower abdomen.  I have been tired (though I always feel tired) and I have had to pee a lot in the beginning but who knows.  I haven't really had cramps but since last night I have had that "period feeling." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's just how I usually feel in my belly when I am about to get my period.  I am so hoping I don't.  I am also taking the progesterone suppositories (those suck) as well as the vivelle estrogen patches which I just started 3 days ago.  It is Saturday 1/18 and my test is on Thursday 1/23.  I hate this wait. It is terrible.  Please god let this work!
Hi there. All the best to you!  I hope this worked for you and your husband.
We are going through our second round of IVF and used a frozen egg, transfer was a week ago tomorrow.
Its driving me mad waiting for our blood test, it's only in another 5 days but it seems forever! I'm tempted to do a Hpt but I gotta have my last Pregnyl injection tomorrow.
I am currently getting cramps but I am due to get my periods any day now so I'm beginning to lose hope.
Plus I goggle EVERYTHING and that certainly doesn't help.
All I can to is pray this works and good luck to you all
Yes I know how you feel  because I have been through 2 ivf I also had cramps and they said it was normal  from the shots and from the transfer can give pains then I found out I was neg now I'm trying to save my money  again to get my 3rd ivf done again it's going to cost me 5995.00 plus 600.00 I still have left over meds
Hello to everyone on here - is anyone still on this site? I would love to ask a few questions but dont want to bother if no one is on here! haha xx
Hello I am 3dp5dt our beta is march 18th.we transfer twins.
Hi, I know your post is old but I have slight brown spotting 5 days after 5 day transfer. My beta is in 5 days. I won't poas. Is this nirmal
How did you make out