Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Weight Gain On Clomid???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Weight Gain On Clomid???

I have a question for all of you on Clomid .. I have gained about 10-12 pounds over the last 2 months of Clomid Estrodial and Progestrone.. Has Anyone else had this side effect??? Or am I not normal?
Its very upsetting ...
Excessive weight gain on clomid is a sign of serious side effect.  Overstimulation or hyperstimulation of the ovaries.. but I can tell you when I was on progesterone pills for 21 days.. they made me eat like an insane person.. I gained a whole size and what made it even worse, is it made me very boated..  The bloating goes down, but the actual weight gain isn't that forgiving if you know what I mean :)

Take care.. if you are worried call your dr..
I gained 7 pounds on  clomid over 3 months and my ovaries were overstimulated...i have  not lost it and starting injectables next week..it seems some weight gain is part of this process..good luck
Thanks Guys for answering I did tell the Doc and Nurse they did tell me water weight and Bloated. I am just feeling sorry for myself woth the weight gain and no baby to be gaining the weight for I guess...
Hopefully Af is strating tomorrow then some of the blaot will be gone LOL However clomid and the estrodial and Progestrone cycle all over.
hey ive been on clomid myself for 3 months now...my weight has pretty much stayed the same i havent gain or lost any lbs..so im happy about that..the only side effect im having is the hot flashes..wow one min im sweating and the next min im freezing my dh thinks im going insane ..haha its not fun but i guess i have to deal with it...just today i went to my RE found out i got a good follicle so i got a trigger shot now waiting to ovulate and just enjoying bding all tru 4th of july week..good luck to you and sticky baby dust to all!
I definitely think weight gain is a BIG part of this process!  I think I gain a pound a day!  I think prenatal vit. are also making me gain weight.  Weird, I know.  
Want2beMama-
You are very lucky that you haven't gained any weight ... I wish I was you:) Not so Lucky

SDteacher-
I am in the same boat as you I really think these pre nats I have been taking along with it all make me gain weight. Nad the weird thing is all the weight is in the middle which is one place my entire life I have never gained weight other than when I have been preggo. I alwys gain in the thighs and Butt.....Now I have a muffin top LOL

Tina1111- So how are you trying to shed it are you still taking all the meds? I am trying to drink a on of water the Doc office told me to drink alot f water atht most of the weight gain is water weight.

Dixiegal1-Yeah I am beliveing I will not lose any weight really until I get preggo ... Ha I get really really bad M/S and lose weight for 3 months LOL So I guess I have that to look forward... Hoping this Cycle works and I do not have to go to the next level of the drugs:)

Tanker Chic-
I am so happy you said that about teh progestrone because the last couple f days I do have a little more engery. I was SOOOO tried for the 12 days I took it.. However I am gonna have to take it again in about 15 days... :( But if it helps me get preggo who cares right!!!!

THANKS to you all who anwsered and who are so helpful and caring .....
This BOARD is AWESOME!!!!!!!
i took clomid for a year and over the first four months i gained about four pounds a month.  Finally it leveled off but i did not lose anyof it until i quit taking it.  Most of  it came off within two months of finishing clomid without trying.   I was a few pounds away from my normal weight when i started ivf and well....  that was the end of that LOL.
I just wanted to tell you one more thing.. the progesterone can make you depressed.. so that might also be contributing to your mood... When I took it I got extremely depressed... and lethargic..

Now that you are getting off of it, things should turn around.. good luck to you...
I'm glad you asked and got these responses :) I've gained around 10lbs in 2mos and thought I was just a pig :) I'm trying to shed some of it now.
I personally haven't gained any weight while taking Clomid. I don't know if diabetes would affect that, though. I suggest just sticking to your diet and making sure you're exercising, all that. Others may have had different experiences, though.You can discuss more here http://forum.internationaldrugmart.com/drug-informatin-f5/does-clomid-make-you-gain-weight-t4392.html