Welcome to the Fertility Forum!

Welcome to the Fertility Forum! This community was created as a support forum for anyone with questions, suggestions or stories to share about conceiving, dealing with infertility or who just wants some moral support while trying to conceive! The Fertility Forum is comprised of women and men of all ages, ethnicities, countries and beliefs, and we’ve grown into a supportive, tight-knit family of people whose common goal is to conceive and have healthy pregnancies!

Please note, however, that this forum is not led by a doctor or medical professional, so any suggestions made by our members are meant as just that…suggestions. Always consult a trusted medical professional with any urgent issue you may have.

---------------------

Here are just a few of the many features available to our members:

• Asking and answering questions: To post your own question, simply click on “post a question” on the top of the page. To reply to or add to an existing post, simply open the post and add your comment under “Post Comment” on the bottom.

• Sending a personal note/message: You may send any of our members a personal note (viewable to all) or a personal message (viewable only to recipient). You may send a note through the recipient’s main page by clicking on “Leave a note for [name]” and a message through your own inbox (located all the way on top of the page, next to the logout button).

• General information: To view fertility-related health pages, including a list of commonly used acronyms (like TTC, SSBD, etc.), please go to “Health Pages” on the top right-hand side of the main page.  

• Trackers: There are a multitude of trackers available to MedHelp members. For our fertility members, the ovulation tracker is especially helpful. You may create your own ovulation tracker by going to “My MedHelp” and click on “Add a Tracker.”

---------------------

Reminder to All: The sale of fertility-related products is not allowed on MedHelp.  Our Fertility community is for people sharing experiences, ideas and advice. Any post promoting or selling products is against MedHelp’s Terms Of Use (http://www.medhelp.org/termsofuse.htm) and will be deleted by our moderators.

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck this month! Prometrium can cause some side effects similar to pregnancy symptoms, but since you've taken them before, I wouldn't expect a different reaction this month than previous months. Howe many mature follicles did you have?
Hi Heather,
Thanks for your reply.
We've been trying for 2 years now.
RE. cyst i've been tested for insulin resistence that indicate PCOS- all good, n have no other symphtoms. This cyst hasn't changed for 7 months now so that's good
we've seen Gyno dr the other day he ordered karyotype,anticardiolipin antibody . lupus anticasgulant and TFT tests. no results as yet
Dr said that i have an option of being on extra progesterone for second part of my cycles to prevent miscarrage.
I don't know what to think? :)

OK, I see. PCOS can certainly explain the cysts. It sounds like your doctor is being very thorough with the tests, so hopefully you'll be able to get some answers soon. Although, many of us on here are just labeled with "unexplained infertility" (myself included...but I now have a beautiful one-year-old daughter through IVF!). So, based on the tests and monitoring you've already had, it doesn't sound like your PCOS is affecting your ovulation, which is good. Many women with PCOS don't ovulate on their own. As for the progesterone supplement, what was your level when they tested it? If it was low or borderline, a supplement would definitely be a good idea. If your levels were normal, on the other hand, it's up to you, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. Best of luck!

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter !!
my progesteron level was 23.6 nmol/L on day 23 i don't know if its low?
i'll take part in clinical trial to see effects of boosting progesteron after ovulation to prevent miscarriage.hope that would help.
A 23.6 is a great number! They're basically looking for a number of 12 or higher. But a progesterone supplement still wouldn't hurt, and who knows, maybe it will help. Good luck with everything!
Hi...I am relatively new to the forum.  Just had my first IVF = BFN :-((  Now its time for our first FET in April / May 2011.  Anyone going through the same thing at the same time or has any advice for me?  

Would love to go through the process with someone and not alone!!! All of this IVF stuff is rather overwhelming at times!!!
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your failed cycle, but hopefully your FET will be successful! Best of luck with everything!

(I sent you a message).

:-)
Hello all,

Just had my egg retrieval yesterday, really bad cramping today.  Embryologist is suppose to call with results.  The Rn's said they retrieved 8 eggs.  Is that a good number??  I am 32 years old with pcos, but otherwise perfectly healthy all tests for me came back great and my DH has male factor infertility, sperm motility low and morphology.  They said that ICSI will be done, but I'm just really nervous.  I just had an IUI done in October and it didn't take.  This is my last chance because insurance won't cover any more.  :(  Please does anyone know if retrieving 8 is good and what are my chances of getting pregnant with IVF done with ICSI?  Should I do anything when they implant the embryo's in which will be done on day 3, which is Tuesday.  Please help me ease my mind...
I'm so sorry I haven't replied to your post until now. I hope you got a good report from the embryologist and that you have several embryos developing by now! As for your chances of getting pregnant, that's unfortunately almost impossible to answer. That all depends on your health, your clinic and also a little bit of luck...but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I know all too well how expensive IVF is without insurance. Best of luck tomorrow!!!
Hello I'm new here and TTC. Well I just wanted to let you know that I have been following your post since 2008. Congrats on your baby girl. All you ladies are truly super heroes. lol. After all these years I finally got the courage to join MedHelp. Please add me to the list.
Welcome to the forum! We have a great support system here, and I'm so glad you decided to join. And thank you so much for congrats! My baby girl is a true miracle! Hoping you get your own little miracle very soon! Best of luck with everything!!!
Hello I'm new here and TTC. After almost a year being TTC with no conceiving its make me afraid...my periods is not regular i means every month AF coming late and the most longer is 44 cycle..seriously start TTC this january 2011..which is my January 2,February 15 then this month AF cycle become shorter which is 31 day(on March 17)..im absolutely confused what its my exactly range period cycle and how count for my Ovulation...and for your information...im start recording BBT and cervical mucus this month as many advise from others website about how to manually tracking the ovulation...anyone can advise me something...
hello sorry to butt in like this,,,im so worried ive been asking this question again and gain at any place lol,,,anyways heres th e problem

we have also been trying for a year now,,and then went to do checkups,,my husband doesnt seem to have any problems,,and my ovaries, and everything else also seem s to be normal, except that when i was scanned (day 10th no dominant follcile/Endometrial thickness 3.4mm, day 13th , 8*10mm dominant follicle on right ovary/Endometrial thickness 4.6mm, day 16th the same thing measure 10 *9 mm,/Endometrial thickness 6mm)

i weighs 59 kg, and we have been married for 2 years now,,am 23 year sold , husband 28...

doc prescribed me fertomid 50 and i started taking it from day 5thof my cycle for 5 days

am so worried now since doc asked me to lose weight and he thinks i wont ovulate this month :(

(oh an dmy operiods rnt regular, sometyms i wud take 38 days, but mostly every month i do get my period)

would really appreciate ur help :),,thank u in advance
No eggs left in me...Hope I could get just one.....If only i could!

:~((
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Did your doctor tell you this? And was it based on a baseline ultrasound? Or an day 3 FSH blood test?
Hi minx and welcome to the forum! With your irregular cycles and the fact that your follicle this month stopped growing, I think your doctor may be right in that you might not ovulate every month. I'm guessing the reason he made a comment about losing weight is because being overweight is one of the factors that can affect ovulation. But try not to worry too much yet. There are many women who don't ovulate on their own who get pregnant with the help of fertility medication. I wasn't initially familiar with fertomid, so I looked it up and it's the same as clomid, which you will see a lot of women on here talk about. It's a very common first step to help you ovulate, and your doctor will continue to monitor you and increase the dose if necessary. Best of luck with everything!
Welcome to the forum! Irregular cycles make it hard to figure out when ovulation occurs, but charting BBT and cervical mucus does help. That is, the BBT will only tell you when you ovulated AFTER the fact...but it will hopefully give you a better understanding of your cycles, AND confirm that you do in fact ovulate (if not, it's time to see a doctor and ask about a fertility medication, like clomid, to help you ovulate). Cervical mucus, on the other hand, can give you an idea of when you enter your fertile window and therefore a heads-up that ovulation is most probably about to take place. Once you see eggwhite-looking mucus (clear and stretchy), it's time to start trying! Best of luck this month!
Hello everyone...i caved and did several pregnancy tests.  my beta is scheduled for monday march 28, but i had to get an idea because i thought it didn't work...to my surprise it was positive.  I took it on 9dpt.  It was very faint though, so I took it with first response at home positive faint second line.  Then did another the next morning line slightly darker.  I am just soooo excited but don't wanna get too excited because everyone always says it could be false positive..What do you guys think??  Also I've been searching for info on why am I losing weight, I mean I'm overweight, so i'm not upset about losing, but i lost 7lbs already in week and i've been eating.  not junk food or sweets, drinking a lot of water though.  and i'm not nauseous or vomiting.  i've been ok...any thoughts?
Oh my gosh! That's wonderful news!!! Congratulations! I don't think there's any way this could be a false positive at this point, since the trigger shot would definitely be out of your system by now. So unless it's an evaporation line (which I doubt), I'd say you're pregnant! Not sure about the weight loss, but I know some people, especially those who suffer from bad morning sickness, sometimes lose a little weight in the beginning. Just make sure you bring it up when you go to see your doctor.

:-)
It was based on day 3 FSH. ; (....what's next.
Well went in for my beta hcg.. BFP hcg levels at 16 days past embryo retrieval was 536.  Going tomorrow morning for another hcg level hopefully its doubling as suppose to....Keeping my fingers crossed...
Oh, I see. Do you know what your number was? Unfortunately, I don't really know too much about TTC with high FSH, but I know there have been a few posts in the past about high FSH and DHEA. You could try and do a search on here for "high FSH" or "DHEA" and see if you can find any info. Also, maybe create a new post titled, "How to lower FSH" or "TTC with high FSH" or something like that on the main forum. That way, more of our members will see it, and hopefully they'll have some good advice for you. Good luck with everything!
That's a great number! Hope all went well yesterday and that your numbers keep doubling!

:-)
Went Wednesday for second hcg levels.  It is doubling great as per the Rn.  It was 1277.  The only thing I have to say is that I mentioned to them that I am having really bad abdominal pain ever since starting prenatal pills and not just slight pain.. really bad in which i can't even stand up or move.  They said to stop pills and they gave me new ones.  But my problem is that i still periodically get these pains not as often, and that I am unable to have a bowel movement.  They said take Colace TID (three times a day) a stool softener.  The thing is I'm not constipated, I just don't have any feeling of having to go.  It could be days before I could go again..Anyone have suggestions? I tried eating everything that usually makes me have a bowel movement.
I used colace in early pregnancy and it really works! I didn't use it on a regular basis, though, just once in a while. I would give it a try if I were you. As for the pain, I'm not sure what that could be. I had cramps early on, but they weren't really that painful. Then I started getting braxton hicks, and they didn't really hurt-hurt, but they did cause that feeling of not being able to stand up straight (I had to stop sometimes if I was walking). It's kinda like your stomach just tightens really hard. I can't remember when  started having those, but it was much earlier than the books said I would start feeling them. I don't think it was quite as early as you are now, though. Did your doctor think the constipation could be contributing to the pain? I can't really see the vitamins causing it. Although, prenatals do cause constipation.
Dr and Rn. Both said that it is prob either from prenatal or also cuz of all injections ovaries could still be enlarged.  They said as long as I am not bleeding I shouldnt worry, they eventually will go away.  They also said as long as it isnt constant pain(which it isnt) then just give it more time..
Oh that's true. It could definitely be the ovaries. But hopefully it will go away soon. Will you be going in for your first ultrasound around 8 weeks or so? And how many embies did you have transferred?
Hi all! I am new to the forum but not to ivf. I have done 2 iuis and this is our fourth ivf. This round we are using donor eggs at our dr recommendation. Finally wrapped my head around that, we did the transfer on the 29th and now I am going crazy waiting! Lots of symptoms but I know they can be from pio shots. We are on spring break this week (I teach 1st gr) so I will be taking my bpt out of state. Trying really hard to relax. Reading this forum has helped a lot and I am hoping and praying for all of you too. We have had two miscarriages and this is our final attempt. Fingers and toes crossed!
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your IVF! I know we've had a few women on here who ended up doing donor eggs, conceived and carried to term, so fingers crossed that it will work for you, too!

:-)

I have an appointment th is coming Saturday, April 9th for my first OB scan...  I transferred 3 embries, two 8 cell and one of 6 cell...I'm really excited because I would love twins but single is stilll a blessing for us....
Ooooh, very exciting! Best of luck on Saturday!

:-)
Hello I am new. I have never posted in a forum before. I am just lost and need some support from others who going through the struggles of infertility. Good luck to you all.
Hello everyone!

Well of course I'm new to the forum. Love this site though, lots of information. Well just a little about my situations. I had my son in sept. 07 (unplanned, but a blessing). Got the mirena put in Nov' 07. I loved the mirena by the way,I had no problems, barely had a period. Well I just recently took it out on Jan 21, 2011. I bleed a couple days after (like 4 days), but the doctor told me I would. I didn't know if it was a menstrual cycle or not, until on Feb 7, I got a real menstrual cycle. lol, I was definitely spoiled by the mirena, This lasted about 4 days. I then had another menstrual cycle Mar 15. (a week late, had me hoping and praying it wouldn't start.. :) ). We are ttc baby #2. I haven't bought any ovulation kits or taken temperature. Just BD'ing all the time!! and keeping track of my cycle and when I could possibley ovulate. Any advice on ttc or how long did it take to conceive after the mirena. any advice would be great!...AF expected in 9 days...hope she doesn't come!   Another question..has anyone's urine ever changed colors and thats how you knew that you are pregnant. With my son, I knew I was pregnant because my urine was super dark....so now that's what I look for...just curious to see if that's happened to anyone else??
Hi Every one,

I am posting for the first time here.All the very best to every one undergoing treatment.
I had my first IVF( ICSI) done in january and it ended up with miscarriage in FEB...short term:(((...but it was amazin feeling for few weeks,can't describe how happy i was.Waiting for my next cycle.It is indeed hard but forums like this helps you to share joy and sorrows.After a while no body is intrested in your problem...not even the closest.Ladies  i wish everyone gets what they are trying for.."the blessing"COZ i knw how much this means to all of us.... ....!!!!!
Welcome to the forum! This is a great place for support. Wishing you all the best on your TTC  journey!
I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I've had two myself, so I know how hard it is. But the good news is that you now know that you can get pregnant, so hopefully your next IVF will be the one! Best of luck with everything!
Welcome and good luck to you! Unfortunately, I don't really have any experience with Mirena, so I can't help you there. I'm also not sure about the urine...but I do have some advice for you :-)

Other than temping and using ovulation sticks, you could also pay attention to your cervical mucus. If you start to have more discharge around mid-cycle, and it looks clear and stretchy (kinda like eggwhite), that's fertile cervical mucus and means you're about to ovulate. Some women have this for several days, others only a day or two, but sperm can survive for quite a while in this mucus. Also, many women conceive by having intercourse every other day throughout the cycle. That way, it doesn't really matter exactly when you ovulate.

Good luck!!!
Thanks to you dear.I am so looking forward for my next cycle .
Thank you so much for the advice..If not preggo this time will definitely use the cervical mucous technique next cycle. About the urine thing..yeh I know it might just be me.  :)..thanks alot
Hi I am new to posting.  I am on day 4 post egg retrieval on 1st IVF cycle. we had 10 follies, 10 eggs, and 9 fertilized.  at 7 am today they were all progressing well, 1 made it to morula. waiting to hear tomorrow how many made it to blast and how many we can do pgd biopsy for Day 6 transfer.  (I am 40, dh 44, TTC 1 year, got preg naturally on Christmas 2010, hcg 57, chem preg mc on New Years 2011.  got preg again naturally right away, hcgs went up but never doubled, saw heartbeat on Valentines Day, mc 2 weeks later, D&E on our one year anniversary, results inconclusive. - needless to say holidays are proving very difficult) We staretd Birth control pills the day of the D&E, Lurpon a few days before period, stim meds (3 parts Bravell and 1 part Menopur 2x day) for  10 days.  ER 4 days ago.  

Questions:

I have gained 15 lbs since Christmas and my small boobs are now much bigger.  I know it's from the pregnancies and the IVF meds, but wow it's difficult to adjust to - my dr won't let me exercise (I usu run at least 5k and bike 10 miles every day).  Has anyone else experienced weight gain, and how to cope with it?  I know if preg, it will  be worth it.

the week before ER, u/s showed fluid in my uterus from last period, so dr told us to have intercourse to get it out.  we were cleard fro it pretty much the whole week. i was told you r not supposed to bc any kind of "banging" (it's the word the nurse used lol) could twist the overies when they are stimulated.  this morning, my dh kinda slipped, and we had a very quick session.  Im sure no twisting of ovaries, but now worried if any eggs left in there?  has anyone else slipped like me?  So stressed about this!

Next question, what have been people's experiences waiting for day 5 results on embryos?  I have heard and read such variety.  Sats say approx 50% don't make it to blastocyst stage - natural selection that the healthies ones survive.  BC we had 2 miscarriages, we are doing pgd so they can inplant a healthy one (hopefully 2!) but concerned about the odds we'll get for a 2 embryo day 6 fresh transfer.  My embriologist keeps telling me there is a chance some of the bipsied embryos will have to be frozen on day 6 and we could have to wait another cylce to do a FET.  i don't really understand this, but  have been pestering him with so many questions I don't want to ask again.  Anyone know anything about this?

I am a type A control freak and the stress of all this and utter lack of control is killing me.  Any coping skill ideas?  And what's the deal with the pineapple thing????

any comments are greatly appreciated - thank you!
Ok I have yet another question for everyone.  I did IVF/ICSI in March and two weeks ago got BFP numbers great.  I go for my first OB scan tomorrow.  Now the question is can we have sex????? My RE said no sex or vaginal insertion for two weeks and they never mentioned anything after that, so it should be ok??  
I'm not sure if it differs depending on your RE and your situation, but we didn't have sex for the whole first trimester. I've had two early miscarriages, though, so I was being extra careful anyway. Maybe you could try and post a question on the main site and see what others were told...
Your cycle sounds a lot like mine. I was also on Bravelle and Menopur, had 11 eggs retrieved (all fertilized), transferred 2 on day 5 and froze the remaining 5 (3 didn't make it). And I've also had two miscarriages, one of which required a D&C.

As for the weight gain, I also gained a few lbs while on the meds, and I felt very bloated throughout the entire first trimester (I'm sure the progesterone had a role in that as well). Not really sure if there's much you can do about that. My RE wouldn't let me exercise either. AND I kept craving horrible food (both when it came to calories and nutrition). But like you said, it'll all be worth it when you get your BFP!

I'm not really sure about having intercourse after retrieval. I can't say I remember anyone telling me not to...but it's been two years now, so I can't say for sure. I'm sure you're fine, though...but you could always do a quick call and ask your RE.

As for possibly freezing the embies and doing a FET, the only reason I could think of is if they develop a little faster than expected, and they can't wait for your transfer time...but that is a total guess. Is it because of the PGD that you're **** a day 6 transfer? The standard seems to be either day 3 or day 5, although of my remaining embryos, I think 2 were frozen on day 5 and 3 on day 6...so the embryos definitely develop at different rates.

You know, it might be a good idea to copy your post above and post it on the main forum, as well. A lot of our regulars might not see it on here, but they will on the main forum. Just click on the "post a question" button on top of this page.

And lastly, I never ate any pineapple...and my IVF was successful. So who knows...

Best of luck with everything!

OK...that's pretty funny! The **** are suppose to say "doing". I must have forgotten the "i" and gotten censored.

:-)
Ok just came back from my RE's appt for my first US.  To my suprise 3 embries implanted.. I truly and honestly felt in my heart that only one would attach.. I never thought that three would.  What were the chances.. Well I'm 6 weeks pregnant, but he said out of the three one is a week behind schedule.  One is 6 weeks, the other is 5 weeks 5 days and the third one is only 5 weeks.  So he said that don't get too excited yet...i guess like my facial expressions showed him.  He said there still is a possibility that one or two might just not survive.  I pray and hope that everyone whom is still trying gets the feeling that I am feeling.. I know how hard the disappointment and waiting and hoping is.   I wish all you baby dust...Thanks for everyone's help with all my questions I needed during my waiting period...LOL you guys are great bunch of women..
I m new to all this. My first IVF cycle was yesterday. I transferred 3 eggs. Hoping for the best n wanting to learn more along the way with Y'all fine people.  Here's to many healthy babies n mommies in 2011-2012!!!  =O)
Welcome to the forum, Lisa, and best of luck! Fingers crossed for the best Christmas present ever this year!!!
Wow! All three attached!!! That's incredible! Best wishes to you and all three of your little beans! Keep us posted...

:-)

Thanks Heather!!!
Hello ladies,
I went for FSH on day 3, on April 4 2011 well it went down, from a 46.6 in Feb to a 6.0....
Yes I am very excited but I can't help to believe that something is wrong because the AMH is still 0.16. I have been checking for ovulation with the clear blue stick and nothing yet. It should of happen 3 days ago. I have the tender boobs but no big O.... What a ride!

:~(
  I am new this or to any forum, I just went thru my first IVF cycle and found yesterday I tested negative, but we still have 3 frozen embies and hopeful that they will come thru on FET. Have any of you had experience with FET?

Thanks!
Wow...what a difference from february! Best of luck this month!
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your negative test, but hopefully your FET will be successful! I don't have any personal experience with FETs...yet (I also have a few frozen embies), but I have heard that some actually respond better to FETs, since its not as harsh on the body (less meds and closer to a natural cycle). So fingers crossed!
My first ivf n after 2ww I found out I m negative yesterday. None of the 3 transferred implanted I guess n I have none frozen. Hate to start this whole cycle all over with no guarantee n I m broke. Will talk to Dr Tues about my next steps.
Hope u r all doing well.
Hello Lisa,
  I am sorry to hear about your - beta, I am on the same boat as you are, fortunetly we have 3 embies left but now I am stressed out about how many will make it thru the thawing process. We too put all our $ into this and god knows what I'll do if the next FET doesnt work. But we need to stay focused and positive, I hear your attitude has a lot to do with it, I've also como across some women who have done accumpuncture before a during the process to relax them, at this point I am willing to try anything. Chin up and good luck on Tuesday.
Thank-U..n same to u. Let me know how it works for u.
Hello ladies Im back after a long stressful break (read todays journal and it explains it all) I hope all is well as I try and play catch up here!
Welcome back!

:-)

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum.  I am on day 11 after my day 3 IVF transfer and totally going CRAZY!!  This is my 3rd IVF cycle and each time it is sooo difficult.  I need some feedback.  My numbers 4 days after my transfer were progesterone >20.0 and estadiol 682: and now 11 days later my progesterone is 13.1, estradiol 680 and HCG beta 36.8!!  I don't feel any different though.... what does this mean????  I had cramping but that's it.. HELP!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that your test was negative. Hopefully you'll be able to do another round so you can get that well-deserved BFP!
Looks like you got a positive test! Congratulations! Anything over 5 is considered pregnant.Now, you just need to wait for your second beta to make sure your numbers double. Also, what kind of progesterone supplement are you on? 13.1 is a little low (not critically low, but they like to see it a little higher). If you're on vaginal progesterone it might not matter, since the progesterone then would be delivered directly to the uterus without going through your whole blood stream first...but it wouldn't hurt to ask about increasing your dose anyway. As for symptoms, I didn't really have many either, other than the implantation cramps and feeling tired. Actually it was more like feeling like I had no energy, not the typical fatigue that everyone talks about. Best of luck with everything!
Feeling not much of anything today but a headache...no twinges still a little pressure on the left (no tube there) hoping thing go to the right had 22mm follie and a good tube on that side will have progesterone checked on May 4th
hi, i am new here.. i am 28 yrs old, and hubby and i have been trying for about a yr.. i have pcos. my gyn put me on clomid and i did not ovulate, so after this last month of 150 mg, he referred me out to a RE. I have my first appt may 23rd. iam nervous and excited. not sure what to expect at my first appointment.  
Welcome to the forum! Seeing an RE makes such a difference. Good luck with your appointment!
I hope you get the follicle on the right, too! Are you doing a trigger? If so, it should release it, as it's definitely mature! Best of luck!!!
all: progesterone came in at 23.9 had it drawn 1 day early due to work schedule and re said that is fine so now the wait really begins. Not feeling anything at this point no sore bb's or anything but praying that all is well.

Heather yes Heather triggered 1 week ago on Tuesday and IUI was Thursday Morning
re called and had me have my progesterone redrwan it made me nervous cause yesterday it ws 23.9 which  know is good and today it is 32.8 so thats realy good. I was scheduled to have it drawn originally on today but thought due to my schedule I would not have time to do it. But I am 6dpiui and having no symptoms at all...just like this over all tightness in my stomach as if I have worked out or something. Not in the lowe abdomen but above the belly button as if I did 100 sit ups...I do get a few pains on the left (where I have no tube) nothing on the right (where I have a tube and the follie was 22 mm the day of trigger) not sure whats going on in there but I pray this works.
Wow! Great numbers! Sending you lots of SSBD!!!
all: no symptoms 9dpiui all af signs. Lots of chills cold hands, feet, nose and if you know my history those all all bfn signs for me.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll still keep my fingers crosse, though...

I am definately a newbie here.  This is my first IVF cycle and I feel totally overwhelmed.  From everything I've read it doesn't look like I'll get pregnant but I thought I would at least try.  I'm 45 so the chances are slim to none, but God can overrule the statistics.  I had my 1st bloodwork and ultrasound last Friday and started Menopur shots that evening and estradiol pills.  Had a second set of tests today and my levels are still the same, so they have me adding a Bravelle shot in the AM along with teh Menopur shots I take in the PM

TJ
Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your IVF! I was on Menopur and Bravelle for my IVF, and it worked for me! Hopefully it will work for you, too! Make sure you check out the main forum for others who are going through their IVFs right now!
awaiting af lots of cramps and temps are down trying to figure out what to do next. I know prayer changes thing...and God will NEVER steer me wrong at least I have a few weeks before iui is due to decide.
Ahhh, stupid AF! I wish she would just leave you alone...at least for another 9 months or so! Best of luck with your decision!
Hello ladies...going in on the 24th for follie check and see where I am I still have not decided if I will go through with the iui plan cause things are still so shaky with dh (he has been gone 3 months today) We have been communicating a little better lately but nothing has changed as far as "the situation" just praying God gives me the answers not what my heart want cause I know he wont steer me wrong
Hi i am not sure if i am pregnant I have been feeling very nauseous the whole for 4 days now i have had diarera to and when i go to sleep its hard to sleep cos i still feel like throwing up. i thought i had a 24 hr bug now i amnot sure ? I am on my CD 22 8 DPO so hope fully i am but i dont want to get my hopes up
went to re's office this morning and as my luck would be all the larger follies 19 and 20mm are on the left side where I have no tube and the 12 and 16mm or on the right waiting on them to call not sure if I should go ahead with the iui if the larger follies are on the left or should I? I need advice. Due to my marital situation this may be the last month I ttc but I will always be here to support you ladies. I have been going through this 10 years now.
hi there thats very goodnews to hear about your follicles go for it gal this is your shot and having been trying for 10 years just go for it regardless of all the situations at the end of the day am sure you can salvage marital issues but your follicles are maturing fast you dont av many days to make a decision. close your eyes take a deep breath and focus on this baby make that your priority while saving your marriage 10 years is such a long time to just let it go down the drain
hi,i had a HSG on the 12th may and was told my right tube is blocked.
i was told not to have sex for 3 days after my HSG so on the 4th day me and my partner had intercourse. 19th may i was due my period but have not come on plus ever since my HSG the left side has been cramping ...is this normal?
thanks x
Hi Everyone.  I've had 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs.  Three unsuccessful pregnancies.... one ectopic, one chemical, one m/c after the heartbeat.

I'm in the middle of my last attempt with Egg Donor.  16 were retrieved yesterday, 15 mature, 10 have fertilized with ICSI.

I am such a mess.  With all of the losses I've had over the past 6 plus years I am praying that this works.  We cannot afford to spend any more money.  

I feel defeated at losing 1/3 of them from yesterday to today.  I find out tomorrow morning if we're having a 3 day or 5 day transfer.  I am praying we have a few to freeze.  I am so glad to have found this community.
progesterone came in at 28.0 today did not do Ovidril this month or IUI did take Clomid thinking me and dh could get along long enough to cover that but we didnt...I had o pain Friday(slight) Saturday(hard) and Sunday(hard) all on left Friday no tube there both on Saturday and Sunday did not bd (2x's) until Tuesday so not looking for anything this month just keeping you posted...also dh and I are going to counseling on the 20th to see if we can even salvage our marriage.
Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to all!
God Bless,
Beatrice
i had 2 iui.... negative....  doctor was a chinese in flushing and was very recomended. he is around 70 y/o.... his hand used to shake......lol..but i wanted to get pregnant...lol.. at the end no results and he said to me... you not pregnant ..you too old....lol..i can laughed now but i was in shock then...lol  i was 40y/o at that time.

2.  i had 2 negative IVFs with a very expensive doctor in manhattan, he went to harvard.... nothing!

3.  we give up..and decided to forget it about it and be happy with our 8 cats  and 3 rescue dogs..... and we were very happy and forgot about it.

4.  9 months later while in vacation...pregnant natural way at 42y/o

5.   my baby boy was just born 3 weeks ago, perfect child perfect health  almost 10 pounds  22 long...

6. since i was 42y/o doctors drive me crazy with all the  tests of trisomy 13, 18 21... they advice the famous amnio..so prepare yourself, the road doesnt end in getting pregnant  ...they are a lot of bumps in it...be strong!

7. prepare yourself, have family member or a friend on hand to help you...for me the last 3 months were a little bit hard, big belly, couldnt walk much, couldnt sleep at night..only 2 or 3 hours here and there during day time...

7. this is my first baby....and thats all i want just one!....
by the way  my cats and dogs love him...its so funny how they try to approach him..we are teaching them 2 by 2 to get used to the baby...we are a huge happy family now!

8. baby dust to everyone!

that was the best news av heard today am really really so happy and thrilled that the expensive doctors and all the effort that was not you time for BFP just when you resigned to your fate Gods time had reached congrats and i wish you and the baby all the best a future full of good health wealth and happiness.

i am 6 weeks pregnant 1st IVF attempt  waiting for my scan to see and hear the heart beat i pray my little baby sticks for the next 8months
dont despair be hopefull and try not to worry i felt like you when i had 12eggs retrieved and 10 were fertilised by the fifth day i had only one not very good quality embryo transferred the rest didnt make it to blastocycst  now goodnews is hear i am 6 weeks pregnant and praying my little baby hang on in there till January
Amazing News!! That's truly a blessing n miracle.  What did Dr's say was wrong with u in the past that u couldn't get pregnant??
Like they say...Science only goes so far..n then comes God!!!  =O)
congrats to you you give me hope! God Bless
Thanks girl!... when i did the IVF i though it was for sure i was going to get pregnant but i didnt understand that they can help you with the embryo but still in god hands ( or  nature) for the embryo to stick..doctors can do nothing about this,.....nothing!..at the  end its all nature..so hang in there people..eat a lot of  prunes to clean your system

****Dont eat pineapple if you are pregnant already..its a no no no...until you are 9months pregnant..

when i got the news about being pregnant the doctor told me not to have sex for the following weeks...we didnt  even look at each other for 3 months...lol  we were so scare ...lol  my husband didnt stop talking about the baby.

and then we need to go to see his heart, later blood work, oh my god!  every month is something so hang in there, eat regular, ohhh the vitamins..very important!..i got a whole botom of gummy bears at wallmart for folic acid pills..very good pills!... water !    a lot of water!.
dont stress out  for the blod test trisomy 13, 18, 21  except if they are positive and then go for the amnio...( if you are not scare of needles..go for the amnio)  its the best way and you wont be wondering for 9 months about your baby health.

So the baby is here now...and he awakes every 2 hours to eat, poop and sleep...lol  so rest a lot while you can....lol besides all the vacinnes he needs, the pediatrician visit, all the questions why he poo to much , why he stopped pooping?... why he cries?....its a total new world for first time moms...lol...it doesnt end....lol

good luck to everyone..baby dust to everyone..relax  and ohhh have quickies in the morning, everyday...do not wait for ovulation days or nights to try to make a baby... you never know!...
Congrats!! Think positive!! Let us know how it is all going.  ;0)
after seeing my baby's heart beat for the first time on friday i was so ectatic to start my antenatal today you can imagine the shock i got when they could not get the heartbeat am so shattered i woke up today and had lots of confidence my day would end well but i am crying myself to sleep at 16:32i really think its not Gods will for me to carry a pregnancy to term this time i hope He will give me a chance to marvel at His creation and let me carry my baby to term when i do another IVF cycle
I am a newbie- I am starting Clomid tomorrow- my 1st try- cd2-6
Dh & I have been trying naturally for 7 months with nothing- one false positive the first month but that was it.
Good luck everyone!
Baby dust to all
Hope u r all doing well n hanging on hopefully.  ;0)
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I've had two miscarriages myself, so I can relate. Please know that we're here for you if you need to talk.
where is everyone??

Has anyone had a problem with premature ovulation?  This is my 2nd IVF and I've ovulated before I was able to get to ER both times.
TJ
I'm so sorry to hear that. I personally do not have any experience with premature ovulation. It doesn't seem to be very common. How big were you follicles when they ovulated, and after how many days of stimming?
I so sorry to hear about  your loss.really i do not experience with premature ovulation.But my family were plain to do IVF. thanks for sharing.
Hi, I'm new to the site. I started reading through a bunch of posts here to try to get to know you all, then I saw how long it was, and it would have taken quite awhile, lol. I did notice a couple of you having irregular cycles and not ovulating, these can be signs of PCOS, which I have. It's a syndrome so no 2 cases are the same. You don't even have to have cysts to have it! For some it can make it very hard to lose weight, other possible symptoms are chin hair, no AF etc. It basically screws with your hormones. 10-15% of women have it, and it varies in severity. Some of you may want to google this to see if any of it sounds familiar. Remember you don't need any particular symptom to have it. It's very manageable, but if you don't know you may be spinning your wheels. Someone also asked about safe ways to combat constipation, and I take wheatgrass each morning. I suffer chronic constipation and haven't had to use a laxitive since! Best of all it's safe during pregnancy. Sorry this post is quite long. LOL. I'm currently 10 dpo and going a bit nuts in the 2WW. I'm on Metformin, wheatgrass, fertibella, baby aspirin, organic prenatals, Maca root, and prayers. Hope I can join your group. I'm not doing IVF or other assisted things yet, but think it may be in my future, is this for anyone TTC?
If you are in maternity live...PLEASE READ!

call your humane resources if you work or your medicaid office or just your health insurance within 1 MONTH to enroll your baby in the health insurance program.

By the federal law    ( which is stupid) if you dont  do this, your child will be uncovered until the next health benefits enrollment in your job or so.

It just happened to me... i missed the  30 days and now my baby is out of health insurance and i have to pay $190 out of my pocket per month to have my newborn cover by Blue cross blue shield...PLEASE ADVISED ALL YOUR  FRIENDS ABOUT THIS SITUATION...
hey ladies,
dh and I are now seperated so until I find someone to ttc with I will be here for the support of you all... No pitty party for me between you guys and God I will be fine :-) Lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to you all!
Where is everyone?? Hope all r well.  ;0)
Hello!
My hubby and I have been trying for babies since 2005. I am very optimistic so I've never reached that point where I felt like I would never be able to have children. I kind of always figured it would happen when the time was right.  I had endometriosis removed in April of 2009. My doctor told me to see him in four months if I wasn't pregnant because he had more tricks up his sleeve. By the time the four months came I felt irritated that I wasn't pregnant and I didn't want to waste anymore time at the clinic. I convinced myself that kids were too much work anyway and my husband and I should just vacation a few times a year instead. Well, this year my husband mentioned the possibility of adoption. I reminded him what the doctor said on our last visit. So, here I am on day 10 of Lupron injections. I start FSH on Saturday and then an IUI to follow. Hopefully this whole thing will work first time around. I'm actually a bit embarrassed because I haven't done much research, I'm trusting the doctor knows what he's doing. :o)

I am going for my first IUI next month, due to unexplained infertility, doctor perform another test on my husband's sperm, my doctor found out that my husband have antisperm antibody, but he didn't say anything as I have to go through IUI before IVF, is anyone having similar problem like us and go through IVF straight away ? I did some research on internet, those sperm contain antisperm antibody is unlikely to fertile an egg, I am a bit disappointed why doctor didn't carryout all necessary test at one go so save time and money. I need some advise from you if you have similar case like me. Thanks.
hey ladies just checking in congrats to the new mommys and the bfp's and baby dust and sticky vibes to all of us trying to get to our dreams.

afm: things have been quiet my husband wants to try counseling now that he sees the grass is not that green on the other side. We will see...I will keep you posted..I am not giving up!!!!
Hope u r all well. Join us on our new forum. Scroll above for link n click in.

Juana:
How r u??? Where have u been? Anything new?? Join us on our new forum. We miss u!

=0)
Hi there!
I'm new here.....hope you don't mind me joining your group....I'm currently 9 days post IUI and have no symptoms what so ever!!  We've been trying for 3 years with not success....please someone out there tell me that there's still hope??
afm hubby came by last night we spent hours talking and have an appt with a counselor in 2 weeks. He says its not that he does not want to come back but he wants to make sure that he will never hurt me like that agin...I told him that's an excuse. We did bd...this morning though ;-) I guess whatever it takes to get my little one but no meds this month. I had a + opk yesterday hopefully something will catch.
Baby Dust and stick vibes and congrats to the bfp's and the new mommy's!
God is good we will get there!
Beatrice
Any news? I had my IUI Aug 4, so I would love to hear that you were successful! :o)

Just joined this forum, after 8 years of trying. I am now pregnant via an ivf donor. My transfer was at day 5 last July 30, not sure how far along I am and have an ultra sound scheduled on 8/23. After the blood results on my 2nd blood test came back good, my husband asked the nurse if we could start celebrating and the nurse said not yet. Just asking for prayers and positive thoughts until my next ultra sound please.
does not seem like this forum is alive....we have to continue to support each other ladies.

AFM all natural this month...as I try and figure out which direction my marriage is heading in. Sneding out lots of baby dust and sticky vibes! God Bless!
Beatrice
Conratulations all Moms and Good Luck all Moms TO-BEs ...
My first FET on 08/08/11 and Beta expected on 19/08/11...going through many anxious moments, no symptoms and Low progesterone on day 2 and day 3
Lots of baby dust to all of you,
Cheers
P
Join us on future moms forum. We r all there!! See u on it.  =0)
I had an IUI 11 days ago.  I have been on the fertility shots and HGC trigger shot before the IUI.  I have felt tired, nausea and tender breasts all week and this morning I started bleeding....started to bleed lightly today.  I do feel crampy but I am hoping it could still be that I am pregnant.  Is this my period or pregnancy....still trying to keep hopeful that I was able to concieve.
hii every one i just join the group hope u don't mind
Hi, there!  My husband and I are on our second TI cycle following three miscarriages over the past two years.  
We are doing TI with stims. Had trigger at 945pm on Wednesday. Well since I woke up ive been in a lot of pain that doesn't go away, I'm hoping that a good sign. I only have one tube due to ectopic three years ago, husband is fine but I had to have blockage removed from my last tube we waited over six months to try stims again. I don't recall this much pain. I know I'm ovulating but hoping and praying this is it because we can't afford ivf:( wish we could because my right ovary is doing great with follicle size and five mature but on the left, the one that counts only one mature and one at 15+ so please pray for us. We've been trying for six years, one ectopic. Thanks ladies.

Me - 1 tube had blockage removed, ectopic lost right tube, secondary infertility was 1st diagnosis
Husband - good
My prayers and heart goes out to you. We are also doing stims with TI after TTC for 6+ years with only one tube. Im in my 2ww cross fingers for us and ill do the same for you!
I had transfer on 5th march. This is my second IVF. But my first fet. This is the hardest thing ever as I found last time and this time so far, during the 2ww you feel constantly like you are doing everything wrong. Good luck to everyone. :-) x