Welcome to the Fertility Forum!

Welcome to the Fertility Forum! This community was created as a support forum for anyone with questions, suggestions or stories to share about conceiving, dealing with infertility or who just wants some moral support while trying to conceive! The Fertility Forum is comprised of women and men of all ages, ethnicities, countries and beliefs, and we’ve grown into a supportive, tight-knit family of people whose common goal is to conceive and have healthy pregnancies!

Please note, however, that this forum is not led by a doctor or medical professional, so any suggestions made by our members are meant as just that…suggestions. Always consult a trusted medical professional with any urgent issue you may have.

---------------------

Here are just a few of the many features available to our members:

• Asking and answering questions: To post your own question, simply click on “post a question” on the top of the page. To reply to or add to an existing post, simply open the post and add your comment under “Post Comment” on the bottom.

• Sending a personal note/message: You may send any of our members a personal note (viewable to all) or a personal message (viewable only to recipient). You may send a note through the recipient’s main page by clicking on “Leave a note for [name]” and a message through your own inbox (located all the way on top of the page, next to the logout button).

• General information: To view fertility-related health pages, including a list of commonly used acronyms (like TTC, SSBD, etc.), please go to “Health Pages” on the top right-hand side of the main page.  

• Trackers: There are a multitude of trackers available to MedHelp members. For our fertility members, the ovulation tracker is especially helpful. You may create your own ovulation tracker by going to “My MedHelp” and click on “Add a Tracker.”

---------------------

Reminder to All: The sale of fertility-related products is not allowed on MedHelp.  Our Fertility community is for people sharing experiences, ideas and advice. Any post promoting or selling products is against MedHelp’s Terms Of Use (http://www.medhelp.org/termsofuse.htm) and will be deleted by our moderators.

all: no symptoms 9dpiui all af signs. Lots of chills cold hands, feet, nose and if you know my history those all all bfn signs for me.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll still keep my fingers crosse, though...

I am definately a newbie here.  This is my first IVF cycle and I feel totally overwhelmed.  From everything I've read it doesn't look like I'll get pregnant but I thought I would at least try.  I'm 45 so the chances are slim to none, but God can overrule the statistics.  I had my 1st bloodwork and ultrasound last Friday and started Menopur shots that evening and estradiol pills.  Had a second set of tests today and my levels are still the same, so they have me adding a Bravelle shot in the AM along with teh Menopur shots I take in the PM

TJ
Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your IVF! I was on Menopur and Bravelle for my IVF, and it worked for me! Hopefully it will work for you, too! Make sure you check out the main forum for others who are going through their IVFs right now!
awaiting af lots of cramps and temps are down trying to figure out what to do next. I know prayer changes thing...and God will NEVER steer me wrong at least I have a few weeks before iui is due to decide.
Ahhh, stupid AF! I wish she would just leave you alone...at least for another 9 months or so! Best of luck with your decision!
Hello ladies...going in on the 24th for follie check and see where I am I still have not decided if I will go through with the iui plan cause things are still so shaky with dh (he has been gone 3 months today) We have been communicating a little better lately but nothing has changed as far as "the situation" just praying God gives me the answers not what my heart want cause I know he wont steer me wrong
Hi i am not sure if i am pregnant I have been feeling very nauseous the whole for 4 days now i have had diarera to and when i go to sleep its hard to sleep cos i still feel like throwing up. i thought i had a 24 hr bug now i amnot sure ? I am on my CD 22 8 DPO so hope fully i am but i dont want to get my hopes up
went to re's office this morning and as my luck would be all the larger follies 19 and 20mm are on the left side where I have no tube and the 12 and 16mm or on the right waiting on them to call not sure if I should go ahead with the iui if the larger follies are on the left or should I? I need advice. Due to my marital situation this may be the last month I ttc but I will always be here to support you ladies. I have been going through this 10 years now.
hi there thats very goodnews to hear about your follicles go for it gal this is your shot and having been trying for 10 years just go for it regardless of all the situations at the end of the day am sure you can salvage marital issues but your follicles are maturing fast you dont av many days to make a decision. close your eyes take a deep breath and focus on this baby make that your priority while saving your marriage 10 years is such a long time to just let it go down the drain
hi,i had a HSG on the 12th may and was told my right tube is blocked.
i was told not to have sex for 3 days after my HSG so on the 4th day me and my partner had intercourse. 19th may i was due my period but have not come on plus ever since my HSG the left side has been cramping ...is this normal?
thanks x
Hi Everyone.  I've had 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs.  Three unsuccessful pregnancies.... one ectopic, one chemical, one m/c after the heartbeat.

I'm in the middle of my last attempt with Egg Donor.  16 were retrieved yesterday, 15 mature, 10 have fertilized with ICSI.

I am such a mess.  With all of the losses I've had over the past 6 plus years I am praying that this works.  We cannot afford to spend any more money.  

I feel defeated at losing 1/3 of them from yesterday to today.  I find out tomorrow morning if we're having a 3 day or 5 day transfer.  I am praying we have a few to freeze.  I am so glad to have found this community.
progesterone came in at 28.0 today did not do Ovidril this month or IUI did take Clomid thinking me and dh could get along long enough to cover that but we didnt...I had o pain Friday(slight) Saturday(hard) and Sunday(hard) all on left Friday no tube there both on Saturday and Sunday did not bd (2x's) until Tuesday so not looking for anything this month just keeping you posted...also dh and I are going to counseling on the 20th to see if we can even salvage our marriage.
Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to all!
God Bless,
Beatrice
i had 2 iui.... negative....  doctor was a chinese in flushing and was very recomended. he is around 70 y/o.... his hand used to shake......lol..but i wanted to get pregnant...lol.. at the end no results and he said to me... you not pregnant ..you too old....lol..i can laughed now but i was in shock then...lol  i was 40y/o at that time.

2.  i had 2 negative IVFs with a very expensive doctor in manhattan, he went to harvard.... nothing!

3.  we give up..and decided to forget it about it and be happy with our 8 cats  and 3 rescue dogs..... and we were very happy and forgot about it.

4.  9 months later while in vacation...pregnant natural way at 42y/o

5.   my baby boy was just born 3 weeks ago, perfect child perfect health  almost 10 pounds  22 long...

6. since i was 42y/o doctors drive me crazy with all the  tests of trisomy 13, 18 21... they advice the famous amnio..so prepare yourself, the road doesnt end in getting pregnant  ...they are a lot of bumps in it...be strong!

7. prepare yourself, have family member or a friend on hand to help you...for me the last 3 months were a little bit hard, big belly, couldnt walk much, couldnt sleep at night..only 2 or 3 hours here and there during day time...

7. this is my first baby....and thats all i want just one!....
by the way  my cats and dogs love him...its so funny how they try to approach him..we are teaching them 2 by 2 to get used to the baby...we are a huge happy family now!

8. baby dust to everyone!

that was the best news av heard today am really really so happy and thrilled that the expensive doctors and all the effort that was not you time for BFP just when you resigned to your fate Gods time had reached congrats and i wish you and the baby all the best a future full of good health wealth and happiness.

i am 6 weeks pregnant 1st IVF attempt  waiting for my scan to see and hear the heart beat i pray my little baby sticks for the next 8months
dont despair be hopefull and try not to worry i felt like you when i had 12eggs retrieved and 10 were fertilised by the fifth day i had only one not very good quality embryo transferred the rest didnt make it to blastocycst  now goodnews is hear i am 6 weeks pregnant and praying my little baby hang on in there till January
Amazing News!! That's truly a blessing n miracle.  What did Dr's say was wrong with u in the past that u couldn't get pregnant??
Like they say...Science only goes so far..n then comes God!!!  =O)
congrats to you you give me hope! God Bless
Thanks girl!... when i did the IVF i though it was for sure i was going to get pregnant but i didnt understand that they can help you with the embryo but still in god hands ( or  nature) for the embryo to stick..doctors can do nothing about this,.....nothing!..at the  end its all nature..so hang in there people..eat a lot of  prunes to clean your system

****Dont eat pineapple if you are pregnant already..its a no no no...until you are 9months pregnant..

when i got the news about being pregnant the doctor told me not to have sex for the following weeks...we didnt  even look at each other for 3 months...lol  we were so scare ...lol  my husband didnt stop talking about the baby.

and then we need to go to see his heart, later blood work, oh my god!  every month is something so hang in there, eat regular, ohhh the vitamins..very important!..i got a whole botom of gummy bears at wallmart for folic acid pills..very good pills!... water !    a lot of water!.
dont stress out  for the blod test trisomy 13, 18, 21  except if they are positive and then go for the amnio...( if you are not scare of needles..go for the amnio)  its the best way and you wont be wondering for 9 months about your baby health.

So the baby is here now...and he awakes every 2 hours to eat, poop and sleep...lol  so rest a lot while you can....lol besides all the vacinnes he needs, the pediatrician visit, all the questions why he poo to much , why he stopped pooping?... why he cries?....its a total new world for first time moms...lol...it doesnt end....lol

good luck to everyone..baby dust to everyone..relax  and ohhh have quickies in the morning, everyday...do not wait for ovulation days or nights to try to make a baby... you never know!...
Congrats!! Think positive!! Let us know how it is all going.  ;0)
after seeing my baby's heart beat for the first time on friday i was so ectatic to start my antenatal today you can imagine the shock i got when they could not get the heartbeat am so shattered i woke up today and had lots of confidence my day would end well but i am crying myself to sleep at 16:32i really think its not Gods will for me to carry a pregnancy to term this time i hope He will give me a chance to marvel at His creation and let me carry my baby to term when i do another IVF cycle
I am a newbie- I am starting Clomid tomorrow- my 1st try- cd2-6
Dh & I have been trying naturally for 7 months with nothing- one false positive the first month but that was it.
Good luck everyone!
Baby dust to all
Hope u r all doing well n hanging on hopefully.  ;0)
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I've had two miscarriages myself, so I can relate. Please know that we're here for you if you need to talk.
where is everyone??

Has anyone had a problem with premature ovulation?  This is my 2nd IVF and I've ovulated before I was able to get to ER both times.
TJ
I'm so sorry to hear that. I personally do not have any experience with premature ovulation. It doesn't seem to be very common. How big were you follicles when they ovulated, and after how many days of stimming?
I so sorry to hear about  your loss.really i do not experience with premature ovulation.But my family were plain to do IVF. thanks for sharing.
Hi, I'm new to the site. I started reading through a bunch of posts here to try to get to know you all, then I saw how long it was, and it would have taken quite awhile, lol. I did notice a couple of you having irregular cycles and not ovulating, these can be signs of PCOS, which I have. It's a syndrome so no 2 cases are the same. You don't even have to have cysts to have it! For some it can make it very hard to lose weight, other possible symptoms are chin hair, no AF etc. It basically screws with your hormones. 10-15% of women have it, and it varies in severity. Some of you may want to google this to see if any of it sounds familiar. Remember you don't need any particular symptom to have it. It's very manageable, but if you don't know you may be spinning your wheels. Someone also asked about safe ways to combat constipation, and I take wheatgrass each morning. I suffer chronic constipation and haven't had to use a laxitive since! Best of all it's safe during pregnancy. Sorry this post is quite long. LOL. I'm currently 10 dpo and going a bit nuts in the 2WW. I'm on Metformin, wheatgrass, fertibella, baby aspirin, organic prenatals, Maca root, and prayers. Hope I can join your group. I'm not doing IVF or other assisted things yet, but think it may be in my future, is this for anyone TTC?
If you are in maternity live...PLEASE READ!

call your humane resources if you work or your medicaid office or just your health insurance within 1 MONTH to enroll your baby in the health insurance program.

By the federal law    ( which is stupid) if you dont  do this, your child will be uncovered until the next health benefits enrollment in your job or so.

It just happened to me... i missed the  30 days and now my baby is out of health insurance and i have to pay $190 out of my pocket per month to have my newborn cover by Blue cross blue shield...PLEASE ADVISED ALL YOUR  FRIENDS ABOUT THIS SITUATION...
hey ladies,
dh and I are now seperated so until I find someone to ttc with I will be here for the support of you all... No pitty party for me between you guys and God I will be fine :-) Lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to you all!
Where is everyone?? Hope all r well.  ;0)
Hello!
My hubby and I have been trying for babies since 2005. I am very optimistic so I've never reached that point where I felt like I would never be able to have children. I kind of always figured it would happen when the time was right.  I had endometriosis removed in April of 2009. My doctor told me to see him in four months if I wasn't pregnant because he had more tricks up his sleeve. By the time the four months came I felt irritated that I wasn't pregnant and I didn't want to waste anymore time at the clinic. I convinced myself that kids were too much work anyway and my husband and I should just vacation a few times a year instead. Well, this year my husband mentioned the possibility of adoption. I reminded him what the doctor said on our last visit. So, here I am on day 10 of Lupron injections. I start FSH on Saturday and then an IUI to follow. Hopefully this whole thing will work first time around. I'm actually a bit embarrassed because I haven't done much research, I'm trusting the doctor knows what he's doing. :o)

I am going for my first IUI next month, due to unexplained infertility, doctor perform another test on my husband's sperm, my doctor found out that my husband have antisperm antibody, but he didn't say anything as I have to go through IUI before IVF, is anyone having similar problem like us and go through IVF straight away ? I did some research on internet, those sperm contain antisperm antibody is unlikely to fertile an egg, I am a bit disappointed why doctor didn't carryout all necessary test at one go so save time and money. I need some advise from you if you have similar case like me. Thanks.
hey ladies just checking in congrats to the new mommys and the bfp's and baby dust and sticky vibes to all of us trying to get to our dreams.

afm: things have been quiet my husband wants to try counseling now that he sees the grass is not that green on the other side. We will see...I will keep you posted..I am not giving up!!!!
Hope u r all well. Join us on our new forum. Scroll above for link n click in.

Juana:
How r u??? Where have u been? Anything new?? Join us on our new forum. We miss u!

=0)
Hi there!
I'm new here.....hope you don't mind me joining your group....I'm currently 9 days post IUI and have no symptoms what so ever!!  We've been trying for 3 years with not success....please someone out there tell me that there's still hope??
afm hubby came by last night we spent hours talking and have an appt with a counselor in 2 weeks. He says its not that he does not want to come back but he wants to make sure that he will never hurt me like that agin...I told him that's an excuse. We did bd...this morning though ;-) I guess whatever it takes to get my little one but no meds this month. I had a + opk yesterday hopefully something will catch.
Baby Dust and stick vibes and congrats to the bfp's and the new mommy's!
God is good we will get there!
Beatrice
Any news? I had my IUI Aug 4, so I would love to hear that you were successful! :o)

Just joined this forum, after 8 years of trying. I am now pregnant via an ivf donor. My transfer was at day 5 last July 30, not sure how far along I am and have an ultra sound scheduled on 8/23. After the blood results on my 2nd blood test came back good, my husband asked the nurse if we could start celebrating and the nurse said not yet. Just asking for prayers and positive thoughts until my next ultra sound please.
does not seem like this forum is alive....we have to continue to support each other ladies.

AFM all natural this month...as I try and figure out which direction my marriage is heading in. Sneding out lots of baby dust and sticky vibes! God Bless!
Beatrice
Conratulations all Moms and Good Luck all Moms TO-BEs ...
My first FET on 08/08/11 and Beta expected on 19/08/11...going through many anxious moments, no symptoms and Low progesterone on day 2 and day 3
Lots of baby dust to all of you,
Cheers
P
Join us on future moms forum. We r all there!! See u on it.  =0)
I had an IUI 11 days ago.  I have been on the fertility shots and HGC trigger shot before the IUI.  I have felt tired, nausea and tender breasts all week and this morning I started bleeding....started to bleed lightly today.  I do feel crampy but I am hoping it could still be that I am pregnant.  Is this my period or pregnancy....still trying to keep hopeful that I was able to concieve.
hii every one i just join the group hope u don't mind
Hi, there!  My husband and I are on our second TI cycle following three miscarriages over the past two years.  
We are doing TI with stims. Had trigger at 945pm on Wednesday. Well since I woke up ive been in a lot of pain that doesn't go away, I'm hoping that a good sign. I only have one tube due to ectopic three years ago, husband is fine but I had to have blockage removed from my last tube we waited over six months to try stims again. I don't recall this much pain. I know I'm ovulating but hoping and praying this is it because we can't afford ivf:( wish we could because my right ovary is doing great with follicle size and five mature but on the left, the one that counts only one mature and one at 15+ so please pray for us. We've been trying for six years, one ectopic. Thanks ladies.

Me - 1 tube had blockage removed, ectopic lost right tube, secondary infertility was 1st diagnosis
Husband - good
My prayers and heart goes out to you. We are also doing stims with TI after TTC for 6+ years with only one tube. Im in my 2ww cross fingers for us and ill do the same for you!
I had transfer on 5th march. This is my second IVF. But my first fet. This is the hardest thing ever as I found last time and this time so far, during the 2ww you feel constantly like you are doing everything wrong. Good luck to everyone. :-) x