Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What are my chances of conception?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

What are my chances of conception?

Hi there
I am 30 years of age, and I have had active anorexia nervosa since the age of 13. Before I first became ill, i had menarche, but after the anorexia began, I've had no more natural periods. I once went on the pill for a while and had the withdrawal bleeds.
I've recently signed up to undergo IVF, which my specialist has recommended to achieve max stimulation as I have very low hormone levels and am still a little bit underweight.
I have had my AMH which was 13.2 and my antral follicle count was 6 per ovary,(12 total) (the ones on the left were smaller than those on the right).
I've heard that this is not a dire result, but I realise it isnt fantastic eiher. I also read that some follicles do not even contain eggs, so that is worrying.
I am wondering ...what sort of chances does this give me to get a successful pregnancy at the end of the day? And what does the varying size of the follicles mean?
AMH is quite promising, which implies better quality of egg. 6 follicles per ovary is lil less, but if your RE manages to retrieve any eggs, am guessing they will be of very good quality and that can give you success, if not right away in couple of attempts.

Also, repeating the levels might help, people try various herbs and stuff for improving FSH, which may not work for everyone though.

Good luck, dont loose hope. you are very young, and that implies better chances.
Hi there 'babyhope40527'.
Thank you so very much for your optimistic reply :). It is such a worrying time and I am feeling very alone and scared that it won't work, even though indicators are looking not too bad... I am focusing so much on the many things that could go wrong.
My doctor also said my age is my really positive factor and egg quality should be sound....I am going to look after myself as best I can to make sure that if i do get pregnant the baby will be in a good inubator.
How about you, babyhope40527?
I had a very low AMH of 0.46 and hence all my IVF attempts with own eggs failed and donor egg worked and am now 23 weeks pregnant with a  girl. :)

Can't still believe it though.
WELL DONE YOU! Wow, that is so amazing. Congratulations! I am so happy to hear this. Would you like to chat elsewhere anytime? I am looking to meet new friends who know what this is like and share experiences.
I wish you all the very best for your pregnancy and that you have a beautiful healthy amazing daughter! xo
I've added you as a friend, we could share personal messages through inbox.