Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What cycle of Clomid are you on?? any side effects?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 401-600 comments:
Everything I have read says that heating pads ar ok during preg. if applied to one sore area.  I couldn't find anything about putting it on your abdomen for cramps.  I did read that increased body temp in early pregnancy can increase the risk of neural tube defect, but it said that one heating pad for a short period of time shouldn't heat you up too much.  Kind of mixed advice, I hope it helps some and good luck!!!
Sherry, I'm sorry AF showed up :( I was like 99.99% sure you were pregnant.. your progesterone levels were SOO high!.. At least you know you're Oing. I didn't quite O this month.

RainLos27, did you end up going to the doctor? what did they say? update!!!

As for me.. I have mild cramps and I'm waiting for AF, I'm pretty sure I'm not preggers, my progesterone was 4 :(  Friday night hubby and I were talking and considered to stop trying for a while. I'm emmotianally spent. I have been overly emotional since I stopped taking BC last August and now with clomid is even worse. We don't know what we'll do yet, I think we might keep trying but...

is there anything that will help with all these mood swings? and I have cramps just about every day even if they're very mild, is that normal?
wantmy1stbaby: hey well I went to the docs office, and they did a bloodtest. the girl hurt me so badly!!  stuck me maybe 4 times. One arm didn't work then the other arm they couldn't fine a "good vein". Well this is the kicker, I did a prego test sat morning BFN, went to the office and got a FAINT positive. I dont personaly think it is a positive, but my doc sure thinks it. I go for an U/S on tuesday, since the place couldn't get me in today. I find out results either this afternoon and tommorow. I am praying I am. Haven't been feeling myself at all! So I guess it's a waiting game now!
I really don't know what to believe, I really don't know! all the signs are there, and all the sympthoms. But I am so irregular and this could just be chemical positive. I just feel like I want this soo bad! and if I don't get it I will be crushed! Honestly, this weekend me and hubby talked, and he got upset, because I told me that I really didn't want to start thinking about kids for another 4 years(this was pre him!)  because I am finishing up school, and I want to get that really done first(pre him). Well he is 3 years older then me, and I can see it in him that he wants kids so bad! So that why I am doing this! all of this, I want a baby now, I want to start my family, I am finishing school, we bought a house last June, I feel like we can do it. But like I have said before, he dosen't know what I am doing to myself everyday to make she that I am able to carry a child again, and being healthy. I just think  I want this so bad, I am making myself crazy.
I am also having horrible mood swings this month with clomid, I am trying to be patient and know that it will pass but I feel like I'm going nuts!  I wish I had some advice for you to make you feel better, but just know that it is temporary.  Has anyone had trouble sleeping with clomid?  I am on my last day today and I haven't slept well for the last 3 nights, last night I was up tossing and turning til 4 AM.

RainLos27:
Congrats, it sounds like you are pregnant!!!  It gives us all hope that it will actually happen some day.  I will keep my fingers crossed that you have good results on your ultrasound.
btpiggy: thanks! I hope this is all true, not trying to get my hopes up, but either way prego or not, still have to take care of yourself as if you are. Last two round, I was on 150 mg of Clomid, I had so many side effects this past month. And I believe my doc had stated that clomid can stay in your system for about 6-8 months with its awful side effects! I asked the pharmaist and they said no the side effects only last while you take the medication. I BEG THE DIFFER! THANKS! SSBD !!
btpiggy,  I did have a hard time sleeping at first with clomid. Mostly bc of hot flashes, I would wake up and feel soo hot and after a couple minutes I would be freezing. A couple times I had a hard time going back to sleep. I woke up at 5 am once (usually wake up around 6:30) and couldnt go back to sleep.

RainLos27, well I think that pharmacist doesn't know what he's talking about.. It's been weeks since my last clomid pill and I would still experiance hot flashes every now and then though not as bad and I still have bad mood swings. I hope you get a for-sure BFP soon. But I know what you mean about how crushed you'll be if it's not a BFP, it's harder when you build yourself up to something so I guess just be hopeful and hope for the best but know that there's a posibility for a bfn.. even though.. I bet you are :)

Dr. said I'll start clomid 100mg next month, as soon as AF shows up cd5-cd9 i think... I still feel like they should do some sort of test to find out why is my progesterone so low.. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet.

Are cramps all cycle long normal?
wantmy1stbaby: I agree with you the pharmacist didn't know! I stop having hot flashes maybe 2 weeks ago, and that was 6 wk after I took my last clomid pill. I am preparing myself for anything that happens. If it comes back BFN then be it...more bding then..lol. how was your weekend?
want!!  Yea it *****.  I thought I was also as my temps were still pretty good too. I had no warning af was comin.  Everything happens for a reason so I willl be starting round 2 clomid tonight!!  I will be makin the dh bd a lil more this round  lol.  He's gonna hate me this month :)
Wow, you don't log in for a weekend and miss so much! :0) I finished up clomid on Sat. BD'd all weekend ( I know its not time for me to O yet... just enjoy practicing lol) As far as side effects go... I get hot flashes throughout my cycle because of clomid, cramping is mainly menstrual and ovulation cramps, not a constant for me.
Sherry: I know it s*cks that AF came, I thought you and Caralea would be our good luck BFP this month, but it is DEFINITLY a good thing that AF came on her own! Those provera-induced cycles are killer!
Rainlos: I understand what its like to feel so much going on in your body and not be able to pin down why or where its coming from. I hope you get the news your looking for!
Wantmy1stbaby: Yes the mood swings are awful, and have done a number on me and DH at times. The most important thing you can do is make sure you let him know that you can't stop it, and you need him for support since he's not the one going through it, he'll have to be the one that will be your shoulder, and not take whatever happens personally.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do OPKs this cycle or just BD as much as possible.
Rain - I am so freaking excited for you - faint or not, keep positive. I know you have been trying for a while and this really does bring me excitement today (and I really need some positivity today)!

Question about opk - I've been testing for a few days now. Very very faint test line appears. Well, yesterday when I tested yesterday afternoon it was certainly getting darker, but not equal to or darker than the control line. Well, today when I tested it got much lighter. I could hardly see the test line at all. Does this indicate something? I've been handed a huge plate of stress today and I wonder if that has something to do with it. I've tried to think about the stress for a bit and put it away for good, but you all know how hard that is.

Also, who was having the butterfiles or crawling ants problem? Mine have returned over the last day or two as well. I wonder what is up with that. I have a hard time believing that it is just gas too. I've had gas a lot in my life and these past few months is the only time I have experienced the butterflies thing. Weird.
Mine never got as dark as the control line, but I had the EGCM and I just knew that was it.. cause I had never had the test that dark every. And well- guess it worked. I am pregnant from my slightly almost positive OPK. Some people dont have enough of the hormone to trigger the test. That is why RE's do the cd21 test. Mine didnt and I guess it just saved me some money!

Here I am now I only spent $4 on pregnancy tests and all positive!

But I have like 45 OPK strips left and I dont need them!
Ok so I'm kinda worried that we bd'd too much too soon this weekend, and I'm afraid we "wasted" the higher quality of swimmers too early.  I have some left over "Answer Brand OPK 20 strips" that I think I'm going to use starting tomorrow. What time of day do ya'll use yours? I was told that FMU had a lot of hormones in it, and might not be as accurate as later in the day. Also do you think bding everyday is too much? We did it ever other day last month, and missed it (I did ovulate prog. was 22.2) and I want to make sure its right on this time around. I'm also going to use more preseed than I did last month ( I only used it twice, and this time I'm using it every time we bd after cd 12) Any suggestions that I could use to help nature out I'd really appreciate it! SSBD to all of us here! :0)
hey girls.. got my second blood test results... HCG 1622 from 226 and progest 12.6 vs 13.1 (anything over 10.0 is great). I am pregnant and the baby(or babies) are doing great!
I just wrote a whole message to everyone on here and for some reason I was unexpectidly sent back a page...grrrr! Now i lost everything I said. I will try again tho.

Caralea - that is so awesome! I am so happy for you. And delighted to hear about rain's news too! So exciting on a day that i need excitement and positivity! And thanks for the opk info. I am just now at cd14, so it's possible i haven't o yet at all. I haven't had ewcm yet either. It has changed from watery to a bit more creamy, but not close to ewcm. Also, i took the opk at a different time today and that might have some influence. Do you know how long someone would show up + on the opk after ovulation? I would assume for a while considering the dr's LH test is on day 21. I've been doing the opk around 7am each day (FMU) but read that you all don't recommend that. I did one yesterday around 3pm and it was darker than ever before. Today I did one at 10am and there was really no line at all. It's probably due to the time of day I am testing. I have upped my tests to twice daily now to see any changes.

Lin - Me and dh have bd everyday since cd10. My understanding is that swimmers are fine and ready every 24 hours. Of course, more time gives them more strenght, but too much time and they start decreasing in numbers and mobility. My own personal theory is get quality by waiting 24 hours, but get quantity by bd every 24 hours. The more warrior swimmers I can collect, the better off they can attack my egg! LOL
About the preseed, I don't think more will help. I would say to only use it if you think you really need it. I did my own research on their site and they said something like (dont quote me) about 85% of swimmers make it to where they need to be on their own with your natural cm. Then, I seen a slide (again on their site) that shows sperm in no lube and crossing over to the preseed side. Only about 50% of the swimmers made it across. They do have a disclaimer saying the ones that did not make it were imbobile or dead. But doing my own math, 85% is better than 50%.
Here comes TMI - What me and dh have been doing to avoid the need for lube is we cut short the foreplay and get right to business when I am ready. (bold that "I") I tend to have decent cm on my own, but can get drier as fp continues, even if i am very excited and enjoying it greatly. Again, that is just what I am doing and will probably do so until the doc says I need cm help. If the first few cycles don't work for me, I will probably use preseed myself.
But I don't think more lube would be much more useful than some. To me it seems that more lube leaves less room for swimmers to stay in and might increase the chances of leakage.

btpiggy - thanks for the info. I think I will suffer through the cramps for a greater cause. I really hate reaching for the pad on painful days anyway. I wouldnt want to do anything to decrease my chances. A little pain never destroyed anyone, right?!
amandamae1126: to be honest with you, eveyone said that clomid would "dry the cm" I didn't think so! BUT if you feel that you need some more help you could use robitussin. When buying robitussin only buy the one with the active ingredient is guaifenesin. I think I may have written this information b4, but sorry if I am repeating myself to you. SORRY. But I have been told not to use lube because it does stop some of the sperm.
oh, had anyone ever tried any type of fertility herb? I am just saying if I am not preggo (which the doc has not called me yet) I want to see my other options. I mean, this would be my 5th round of Clomid, and I have heard about a herb called Vitex may super boost a women fertility. I dont know. Not giving up on Clomid just yet, but It been off and on with Clomid, and they doctor really didnt want to put me on any more provera for atleast another 5 months. As he states that as long as I have 4 periods a year, he would be happy with that! I WAS LIKE NO!!! I WANT A BABY! hubby said he will not let me do an IVF. He said that he wants it the old nautral way. I am just mad and upset because I am still young and he is still only 27, we have time. He just wants it now! Told you, I am preparing for the worst news. So if I find out that we are not preggo I think I may take clomid again, and if that dosen't work try other herbs? maybe? I am just really torn right now!
I'm kinda freaking out and forgot to post it earlier. I'm very good at taking my meds around the same time everyday (8-9pm) but this weekend, my last dose of clomid I was supposed to take Sat. night, and was at a friends until early Sunday morning. As soon as I got home I took them (around 1:00am) but surely its still ok, right? I mean it wasn't TOO long till I was able to take it only 4hrs later than I should have taken it.

I've also read that a lot of women that take the metformin with the clomid have the dosage increased every few weeks or month (ie they start out with 500mg once a day then move to 1000mg to 1500mg). My dr. only prescribed 500mg once a day for 3 months, and I'm wondering if it will still help since my body has already acclamated to it by now I'm sure.

Ugh... I always freak out after the clomid making sure I'm doing everything 100% by the books so I can finally get the BFP we've been waiting for! Thanks for all of you that answer all of my many questions, I know by the 5th round I should be the one answering all of the questions, not asking them, but hey thats why we're all here right! :0)
i hope this works..i thought it was cute!
nope..nvm
ok maybe I am not understanding this....if side effects can be for up to 6-8 months, that means all the side effects..soreness in the breasts, nausea, headches, ect. I really wish I can know this results, because I feel like I am about to die. My head feels like it is about to explode! then my breasts are hurting so much. If it for a good cause then ill be super happy, but if my breats hurt like this for a while, I dont know how much I can take. I feel like they are to big for me :(  LOL! TMI sorry. I am just thinking positive.

Sobie? How are you? Havent been on all day. Hope all is well!

Happy BDING ladies! Super Sticky Baby Dust to all!!!1
Taking your Clomid 4 hours later is fine, I would only worry if it is more that 12 hours late b/c that could affect your cycle, but I think you are fine.  I don't know anything about the dosing for metfromin b/c I'm not taking it, sorry.  This is my 5th cycle with clomid also, has your doctor said what the next step is if this doesn't work?  Mine has not, just curious.  Hopefully we won't need to know b/c we will have bfp this month!!!
That is great news that you got a faint positive.  How exciting :-)  I hope you get your results soon.  Quick question, When you hug someone does your breast hurt too?  Cause all I'm gonna say is that when I was pregnant my breasts were so sore that it hurt to even hug people and it happened pretty early on so I'm thinking you are pregnant :-)  Hang in there.  I know this is so hard because all the symptoms we feel could be ovulation, implantation, pregnant or AF.  No wonder why we drive ourselves crazy.  So good luck at your u/s tomorrow.  I'm sending good thoughts your way :-)

Well I'm on CD 16 and still haven't had a positive OPK.  But it could be still too early.  I have had some clear stretchy discharge not sure if that means ovulation or ovulation is coming.  I was cramping today and my breasts started to get sore.  So I am really hoping that's a good sign things are happening.

Well SSBD to everyone!!!
Alright Ladies -- Help!

I've read this whole thread, so I think I know the answer, but I'm nervous and need advice. Tomorrow will be my last clomid pill (taken on CD 5-9). My OB said to bd on CDs 10, 12, & 14. I feel like that's not very much! The only person that I know (in real life, lol) that has taken Clomid gave me this advice, "just make sure that when the Dr. tells you to bd that you do it a lot". Really? Like that's super informative and specific.

I'm thinking that starting tomorrow we should do it once a day. I will be doing the opk 2x a day starting tomorrow, one at like 10am and one at 4pm.

What do you think? I'll take any advice I can get. =]<3
I haven't been on in quite a while, trying to think about things quite as much. But if I get my period I will starting my third cycle of clomid. I'm due for period today, no normal symptoms but this happened last cycle and then came and it was awful! Not sure if its from the clomid or what. Anyone else have trouble with clomid and opk and monitors? This is second cycle that never got lh surge, but from ultrasounds and tests doc seems to think all is well. Anyways...she also said we would do 3-4 cycles on clomid then re-evulate to decide the next step. Wondering if anyone has any idea what next step is?

Good look to all!!!!!
I've had dull cramps last two cycles on clomid pretty much the whole cycle. Doc told me it's cause ovaries are tender and sore from meds. First cycle on pills they found a small cyst on left ovary. I don't think its gone away or I have more cause most of my cramping is just on left side. But unless its severe the doctor told me not to worry about. Course, I still do at times=)
i would bd cd 10-20 or 22 (just incase you O late). I started round 2 clomid yesterday.
Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone is feeling good today!

CarlisMaMa: They hurt when I lay down to sleep, I usually sleep on my side, but I have been sleeping with a small pillow under/side of my chest that way I an relieve some pain. I have never had this problem. Swollen, tender, and sore! Crazy part is this morning I was laying in bed after waking up from a dream, where I had taken a prego test, and came into the room, and it was positive! ummm!! I hope I can put this to lay really soon. Hopefully everything is ok, and its just a baby causeing this! Then I would be really happy..

Ok, I have another question to everyone....this maybe TMI to some....

When you are expecting...(assuming that this is it) or does anyone know...maybe clomid..
Does it make you more moist? I don't know for some reason I just feel a little to moist, makes me feel sluglish!

Sorry but I just wanted to ask...
Thanks, that helps :) most of my cramps are on my right side and I'm wondering if it would be a cyst or something.. doctors haven't done one ultrasound on me or have even tried to figure out what's wrong with me.. they just put me on clomid bc of long cycles and low progesterone level. I think I'm going to call and ask if they can do some more test and figure out the source of my problem.
When will you hear about your blood test? is your ultrasound today?
wantmy1stbaby: anytime now...I called the doc office 2 times already, and they didn't pick up first time, and the second time around the girl said that results have not come in yet. I go for the u/s at 4:45 today.
It sounds like you are about to ovulate, I have been ov around day 15-18 on clomid, usually your CM changes about one to 2 days before you ov.

Wannababybump:
My advice would be to start bd day 10 and do it every day or everyother day until at least day 20, maybe even longer just to be sure and doing opk 2 times a day will really let you know when you ov.

Wantmy1stbaby:
I also have cramps off and on my entire cycle and I have asked my MD about it and he kind of blew me off and acted like it is just from the clomid making things a little different down there.

Question:  Are you ladies still having a normal (pre-clomid) amount of CM, I used to see EWCM easily before clomid just while wiping... sorry TMI, but now I don't have much of anything when I wipe, do I need to be checking up there?  Or am I just not making enough?  I am taking estrodiol day 8-12 to correct the negative aspects of clomid but I am wondering if it is working?
Hey yeah, I'm sure you're right, it was only a few hours later than normal. My Dr. told me that she would work with me til June with the clomid, and if I didn't get preggo by then she'd have to refer me to an RE somewhere (theres not one in our town) for more aggressive treatment like injections, IUI, IVF, etc. I'm REALLY hoping that I don't need all of that though because I really can't afford it, and I'm afraid the RE will take one look at me and tell me she won't help me because I'm overweight. I'm y'know, with all do respect, I've see tons of women twice my size have kids, so thats not the problem!

I think I'm going to start my OPK today when I get home (5ish) do ya'll think its too late?
********************************GOOD LUCK &SSBD TO US ALL****************************
Sorry I been MIA I have been dealing with too much this week and I been on estrogne and it has bring me down. I took it for 4 nights tonight is day 4 and man I felt like I was going to die. I had even trowen up and had the shakes and was dizzy in bed all yesturday eve. I had a bad headache for the first three days of it hot flashes and just feel not like me...

I am feeling a lil better today will see what the afternoon and eve have for me. I will start OPK and BD tom and I have felt pain on my right Ov today so I know we getting close to O. But with the things that my DH and I are dealing with this week is not good for his lil swimmers STRESS is not good and I know if things dont get right soon this month will be a dud.. I hope that all works out for him.. He is dealing with baby mama stuff.

But any ways I see that all of you are moving foward and there look like  RainLos27 might be having some good news soon.  thats awesome. I am taking it easy this time around and not getting my hopes up.

I just hope and pray every thing gets fixs and that I can O and implant this time..

************************************SSBD TO YOU ALL**********************************
Sobie, I'm very sorry you are having a bad week. I hope you start feeling better and get back to normal soon. I hope this is your month!

So.. another BAD side effect.. My face is so gross, I'm getting a ton of acne I feel like in middle school again. I know make up might not be the best idea but I'm not coming to work with red spots all over my face.. Hopefully it will clear up soon. My back was killing me yesterday to the point where I couldn't even walk... no cramps today so hopefully it will stay that way.. I'm so not looking forward to af coming this weekend specially since I'll be in Mexico and at my bff's wedding. we'll see how that goes.
We all have to wait until 4:45 today (likely later) to hear your u/s results?! I can't stand the anticipation myself, I don't know how you are dealing with it and it's YOUR u/s!!! I wish you the best of luck and I have a good feeling that you will get positive news. I will keep you in my prayers (and btw, my prayers have been becoming true lately)!
Oh, I forgot to mention that my dh is on a herbal supplement and they make it for women too. I just didn't start it this month because it's my very first round of clomid and wanted to give it a fair chance. I think it is called prochieve or proconcieve. It was recommended to me by someone that was trying to get preggo for about 8 years. She and her dh both took it for 3 months and bam! She's having her first child at 34! We got it from Mother Earth - it was super cheap, $20 for a months supply (per person). I figured at the worst, it was a good vitamin supplement for him.
amandamae1126: hey girl! thanks! I just called the doc ofice again, and once again the results have not come in yet. I want to call lab corp up myself and put them in their place so they can send the results! I am sitting at work trying not to think about it. I was biting my nails and I was like NO! i just got them done! but I want to know so badly! So I am just keeping busy! I look on here every once in a while, but I always end up looking at baby things..lol!  As far as the herbs, I was thinking about Vitex. I was reading and it said not to mix with Clomid, as one people say that it is a natural form of Clomid and others say that they will undo each other purpose! So I am not sure yet.
I too am concerned about mixing things with clomid. My understanding is that you can only take clomid for so long before they make you take a break. My plan is to wait until that break and try a supplement, if I make it that far (hopefully not)!

Well, be sure to update us asap...we are anxiously awaiting your results. I feel like I am waiting for my sister's or best friend's results! I really wish you the best of luck and personally think you will get good news. Try to stay busy at work and it will make the time fly by faster! :)
amandamae1126.. I agree with you.. I keep coming back and checking to see if RainLos27 got her results.. I'm anxious for you!! And I want you to get your results ASAP bc I'm going out of the country tonight and I might not be able to check back in here! I'm so excited and nervous and anxious to hear from you :) I'm praying you get good news!!
amandamae1126 & wantmy1stbaby: Thanks girls! I am having a really bad case of nausea today :(  not good. I couldn't eat my lunch because it would not stay down TMI sorry. But as soon as I get the results I will make sure I put it on here! Thanks you girls for everything! All of the support!! You guys are like my cyber bestfriends! lol!
Thank you both sherrycoup and btpiggy! DH and I are going to start bding tomorrow (CD 10 as suggested) and try to do it every day and if not then every other.

Today I have begun to do the opk 2x a day, so we shall see!! Yesterday I did one test and it was very very VERY faint...the one I did this morning a few hours ago was faint but I could see it better than yesterday, so hopefully that's a good sign of the progression that I'm so desperately seeking!
My doctor found I had a cyst just by doing a vaginal examine. She could feel it. She said its a really common side effect from clomid and cramping just from ovaries being sore even if you don't have cyst. She said they would only do an ultrasound if I had severe cramping then they would want a closer look.

Today I got AF and cramps have been awful!!! But worse on my left side.

Good luck!!! Hopefully yours don't come back!!!
Any word yet?  I'm very anxious for you too to get your results :-)  Good luck with that.

Well I'm on CD 17 and still not a + OPK which I know it can happen even on CD 18 or 19.  Has anyone ever not had a + but did in fact O?  I'm thinking I could be one of those people but who knows.  It says to wait at least 4 hours going to the bathroom when you test.  Ok I drink alot of water and have a small bladder so that's not gonna happen for me.  So maybe I'm diluting it out of my system.  Who knows.  Now I'm not sure about all this CM and what it's suppose to look like.  I was on birth control pills for 13 years.  Then off of them for six weeks when I got pregnant with my daughter so I was not in tune with my body then to notice any change and then after my daughter went back on BCP and have been off of them the past year but no AF on my own so no O.  so not sure what things are suppose to look like.  But two days ago I had some CM and today I have some more and it looks different so I'm thinking I could possibly be Ovulating.  So I'm hoping that's the case and will just BD the next couple of days to cover us :-)  

Well Rain I'm hoping you heard some good news today!!!!
BFP!
Congrats Rain!!!
CONGRATS GIRL SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! CLOMID WORKED.... AWESOME...
CONGRATS... exciting new!!!
Woo hoo!!!  That is such awesome news!!!  I'm so happy for you. You had all the signs. Now enjoy all your aches and pains cause you have a baby growing inside of you :)
I told u! I am so excited for you! Congrat, congrats, congrats! What cycle of clomid were you on?
CONGRATS GIRL!!!! I'm so excited for you! It worked! Now you know why you feel like this, and can look forward to a happy and healthy 9 months! You give me hope that someday I'll get my BFP too. Good Luck in your pregnancy!
I got my opk+ just now! So excited to see two dark lines, even if it's not on the BIG test yet!
So now that I have gotten the +opk, what does that mean? Have I ovulated, am I about to? Do I have to wait 24 hours to bd again? I don't want to now! LOL When does the tww wait start for me?
Congrats you are about to ovulate!  You ov 24 to36 hours after a positve opk so some time today or tomorrow the egg will actually release into the fallopian tubes, make sure there are swimmers there waiting for it, I would bd now and every 24 hours for the next 3 days.

RainLos27:
Congratulations, that is awsome, it gives us all hope!!!
How do you guys all have your cycle days showing up when you post, how do you do that?
Thanks girls...
amandamae1126: I was on my 5th round...and this was my final round at that too...
Well my numbers are a little low according to the doc. On the u/s they really didn't see much they are deff in their. Oh yeah there was 2 sacs! I go back on friday for more bloodwork, the doc just said to just "chill out". He already stated that I will be high risk. Just because of what happen last year..and if it is twins (which I really doubt BUT you never know). I didn't really see the sacs, but the tech said that she did. She states that she was est atleast 5-6 wks. I am going to the docs today so ill see what happens. I am really scared more then anything. If its not Twins- fine..but I hope my baby is ok. Hope the number jump. I have to write them down, and put them up here so you guys know what they are.
Hope all is well!! SSBD to all!
and isnt that to early to see twins? I didn't like my tech..to be honest she looked like she was out of it! That is why I said I don't think they are twins. Could be a cyst or something right....I thought you would be able to see twins no earlier then like 8-10 wks? I dont know.. :(
Rainlos: That is awesome because I'm on my 5th round, so maybe I can have the exact outcome you had this month! ahhh how exciting! I'm sure your DH is just over the moon lol. It was funny my DH's coworker had to leave early yesterday to go to his gf's sonogram, and my hubby told me he was kinda jealous of him, because HE wants to do that too! lol I was like yeah imagine feeling that all day everyday and you'll be a step closer into my life hahaha, but hey it'll happen someday!

btpiggy: In showing your ticker you click on the ticker beneath the where you post comments and show your ovulation ticker.

Everyone: Ok so I took an OPK yesterday around 6ish and it was negative. Do ya'll think that's too late in the day? We did BD with preseed last night just in case. I'm thinking I'm going to get the digital ones tonight, I heard better things about them than the answer ones. Any thoughts or suggestions?
lin_z_ttc1: I am new on here but read your post. I do think the digital ones help. I have been using the Answer ones for a year and did have luck once then m.c. at 6 wks. I am new on here but have been reading to catch up the past couple of days. I had to order the digital ones on line bc they dont sell them here.

Everyone: Does everyone on here know why they aren't getting preggers? I haven't gone to the fertil specialist yet. Was just referred for the second time (1st time i was already preg after 4 yrs of trying.) I was diagnosed with endo years ago and treated but now with the miscarriage it may be back.

I just finished my 1st round of clomid 100mg per day and waiting for my LHS. Anyone have similar problems?
Oh wow that such a blessing.. No if they saw two sacs yeah its def twins and you can see it this soon same as any months along you are. Thats so wonderful I hope your numbers jump up and all will be fine, you and Caralea will be our sucess stories and twin mommy's Oh how happy I am for you.. how many MG were you on. did you also take med?
Multiples are very common with Clomid.. I wonder if we're bothing having them.. I am so excited for my visit and ultra sound.. I wanna know now what is going on!! LOL

I dont think I will be high risk at all.. but definantly no VBAC for me if there is 2.
yeah I'm not sure if I wanna finish using up all the answer brand or what. I read that once you open the container you have 30days until they expire, and I bought them like 2 months ago. I'm not very disciplined on using them the same time everyday, and I never got a + with them so who knows. I'm wondering if I should bring them to work and take them earlier.

Also I know my reasons for infertility is PCOS, which causes me to have annovulatory cycles, or no cycle at all for several months. I've been on Clomid 100mg for 5 rounds, and ovulated the last 2 but didn't get preg. I'll take one more if this doesn't work and then its off to an RE to start more aggressive treatments. I' m REALLY hoping I don't have to do that and I'll get my BFP this cycle.

Welcome to the group, we've already had 2 success stories this month and looking forward to more! SSBD
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Pregnancy-Dec-10-Babies/ONE--TWO-OR-MORE/show/1229390

I started a poll give me your opinions girls!! Thanks
Sobie: Ill scan the pic when I get home if hubby hasn't done it by now..lol! I wasn't taking any other meds then Clomid and Pre Natal.
Just a question about AF on clomid.  Last month after i took provera i had af for 4 days and this month only 3 days.  Is that normal? Not that i'm complaining  lol better than 7 days.  Just wondering if its a clomid thing or just bodyies reacting diff since the meds
Mine varies all the time. Before I had any lady problems, af would come every 28-30 days, on a Sunday, between 9 and 11am - for real it was like clockwork. And it lasted 3-4 days. Then it went away for nearly a year and af went crazy after that. Sometimes it would be 3 days, then 5, then 10, back to 5, and of course there were missing af's in there too! Then in January and February I was on bc and I bled the ENTIRE time, except on the green pill week (the week I was supposed to see af)! I can only wonder what that has done to my insides, bleeding that long. Of course I didn't get af for the 3 months before that, but I've never bled for 2 months non stop.
I was glad to shed everything out of me, but now I wonder if my lining will be too thin because of that and clomid this month. I hope not. I just keep praying and praying. It's all in God's hands now.
BTW - wanted to let everyone know that today is a full moon - CRAZY things can happen!
LOL  Crazy for you on cd16!!  Get baby dancin :)  This month I'll be makin the hubby do more bd'in!!!  I o'ed on cd 16/17 last month so hopefully will be around the same day this month.  The only thing thats ***** for me is that my job is extremely stressfull and  all i do at home is constantly think about what im forgetting to do at work.  I wake up in the night to make posted notes while i think of stuff LOL  pathetic i know.  Im trying to look for a more relaxed job but hard since hubby is outta work (he was part of the big Magna plant closure) its a little hard to change jobs Giving up 8 years of service and 4 week holidays is hard.   AHHHHHHH  I think the clomid is givivng me time to do the venting i need sometimess  hahah.  Sorry all,  I'm all good now :)
ok crazy questions...I thought when you are having mult babies, that for sure you would get a positive hpt. I am just still wondering why!?!? why i hate hpt so much! :) I dont know just crazy me thinking to much.
Everyone is different and some do not respond to hpt's well. For example, my sister did not know for nearly 3 months (and about 30 hpt's) that she was indeed pregnant. Then, my other sister did not test positive until about 6 or 7 weeks and she is having twins (due in about 6 weeks). The latest sister to get preggo found out very quickly. Her dh came home from iraq on March 19 and she found out on Easter (about two weeks later) that she was preggo.He came home the exact day she was fertile...how lucky!

I am super cramping today...very very uncomfortable. I've never had this type of cramping so soon. TMI - my nipples are so hard that you can see it through my padded bra! I stuffed with tissue, but you can still see it through my shirt! Thankfully they don't hurt yet.
amandamae1126: I just keep thinking and thinking. Just trying to think positive, and happy. My nipples hurts! Now around the sides of my breasts hurt! But then again this was happening for the past 4 weeks now. I padded them, I was wearing two tank top that have that supportive bra in them. Anything that was clothing, a touch, if I bent over to tie my shoes, I fealt like they were falling out. LOL! I found putting ice on them sometimes helped, and what I caught myself doing was taking a small pillow and putting in on my side also helped when I was going to bed. Happy BDing!
Hi everyone, I just read through this whole thread, I'm new on the site and glad to find some current conversation about TTC on clomid and other means! RainLos27, you once asked about fertility herbs and I have had four months experience with going that route. They actually worked well for me (to a degree), so I'll share my story if it will help you...
I went off the pill last March after 12 years. My husband and I wanted to let my cycle get normal and cleanse the pill from my system before TTC. From March until October everything (BBT and charts) looked like clockwork (I was O'ing etc). But then we had our first TTC month in October and AF never came. I thought YAY! I was pregnant. WRONG. I had blood tests and US and everything looked 'healthy' but my cycle just paused in mid-air. FOR FOUR MONTHS! It was so frustrating. I wanted to do everything naturally, especially b/c I felt like the pill had really screwed me up. So I started seeing a a certified naturopath doctor. She prescribed and herb called RHODIOLA and SIMPLEX F, along with a few tinctures to support my natural hormones. My cycle RETURNED in one month! That was January. I haven't gotten my BFP and my cycles have continued to be long (40 days)...AF comes and I have a late BBT shift, so I'm not sure I'm O'ing. We REALLY want to pregnant (you all know what I mean by REALLY) and so I've decided to try clomid 50mg this month. Today is the last pill. I have had no side effects whatsoever, feel really good and positive. But I'm OBSESSING(thus I'm on the site!) about BABY BABY BABY!
All in all, I am SO glad I used the herbs to get AF back, and maybe if I was more patient (I'm 33) I would let things go naturally for another year, but for many reasons I just wanted to give clomid a shot. The RHODIOLA (google it +fertility) has had good results for people and I felt like it really helped me. But you need to see a naturopathic doctor first... if that's a road you want to take.
So, that's my long intro, thanks for listening, and BABY DUST to all of us. SPRING IS HERE, time for regeneration and hope!!!
-owlbaby
RainLos, CONGRATS on your BFP and sorry about that last post, I misread who got their BFP earlier in the thread. Hope it was still interesting information :)
You give me hope!!!
I am hoping some of you can help me with side effects. I finished first round of Clomid yesterday. I felt a little off on day one and got really hungry and got sick. I then had some really sharp pains in my lower stomach area and they slowly decreased through the evening. I didn't seem to have any more real side effects. I do have to pee like 20 times a day and get hungry quite often and getting some headaches in the afternoons. Does this all sound about right? Definitely a lot of breast tenderness now for past two days. Thanks and baby dust to all!!
Unfortunately your side effects are right on the money to mine or what mine were (they've either dissappated with every cycle, or I've got used to them). Your stomach feels like an empty pit throughout the day, but be careful, my first few cycles I would munch on snack food throughout the day and it bloated me hardcore, I look like I've gained 50lbs and really its only been like 5, clomid just chunks you out really bad. I wish I could tell you the frequent urination would subside, but I still feel like I have the bladder of a drunk toddler. The headaches will ease up, the first few months are the hardest when it comes to side effects, because your body is getting accustomed to it, but it'll settle some. I still have an occasional headache after the clomid (excedrine migraine does wonders) and the hot flashes are pretty constant, just keep a fan or window unit on you while you sleep that helps alot. Also I'm not sure when you're taking it but if you take it right before bed, you will sleep through the more severe side effects. Hope this helps! Good Luck! :0)
Thank you for the reply. It is good to know that they are "normal". I did take them in the morning so I will do the next round before bed. That may help :)
Drunken toddler? You made laugh so hard and my ovaries hurt! Stop it! LOL
hi everyone. I have had a long hard day. but i have a question for all when u o do u have a light white discgarge or is that just hornyness. i know it may sound funny but i really don't know can anyone help me please?
wishing4anAngel: Thats the same question I asked a couple of days ago, for the most part :)! A couple of weeks after clomid, I kept feeling like "moist". But I wasn't horny, I would be sitting driving or in my office or in bed, and I would be like what the heck. It was white/milky/sticky just like CM would be but during the day. I haven't got an answer for this.. I am guessing it is the Clomid.ill try to look it up online. But this is what I don't understand. Clomid is suppose to make your CM dry...but then why do we have this white d/c! I dont kow
So, I got my +opk yesterday...very excited about it. But I woke up this morning with tell tale signs of a yeast infection. Everything I have looked up about ttc and yeast infections says to STOP ttc, treat with a cream (or pay $29.99 to read the natural solution) and ttc later. Personally, I am not satisfied that that answer. I DONT want to try stopping when I am so freaking close! I don't want to waste this cycle.

Here is TMI - I have a very sensitive area down there to begin with and can't use body washes, scented things, and can only use ONE specific type of tampon. I use only water and antibacterial soap there and that seems to ward off any infections. I honestly believe that this infection was brought on by the past ten days of "keeping it in" and will expect it to happen again if this cycle doesn't work.

Anyone have experieince with this? How would you suggest treating it? I used a Vagasil medicated wipe this morning in hopes that it will ward off the infection, treat the symptoms, and not interfere with my internal ph. The wipe is used completely on the outside. Do you think this is ok? Will it interfere with the swimmers if it is only applied to the outside? I did read that the infection is not likely to interfere with ttc or pregnancy (with some exceptions).

And since we've been having unprotected sex, should my dh go ahead and be treated too just to be safe? If so, how does he get treated? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I did put a call into the dr, but don't expect to hear from her for hours. If she tells me to stop ttc, I don't think I will take that advice. I guess worst case scenerio, I will just be itching and burning for three more days before I will treat with otc meds (which I do respond well to).
That is normal that is your hormones you have so much in your window of O that is how the lil swimmers have a good place to live and get were they need to go. CM makes your CM thicker so it looks like its dry up but in fact its Thick and for that you can take mucinex it will help to thin out the CM and make it to were it needs to be but get only the one that is just (guaifenesin) it will not harm you and take it only till you see a + opk then stop it. Trust me your DH will love it, mines did.. I use it and my RE even told me to use it. It works wonders..
Sorry about the yeast infection they are the worst!!!  I would say continue to use the external wipes and don't put anything up there, keep bding for the fertile time then treat internally in a few days.  I wouldn't waste the whole cycle and if you use vag cream it can interfere with the swimmers.  The other thing is why don't you ask you MD to call in some diflucan, oral one time pill to treat yeast infections, it doesn't work as well as the vag. cream, takes a few more days to work, but at least you could start it now and keep bding.  I hope this helped.  Good luck!!!
Well, the nurse just called back and thinks it might be a bacterial infection...ugh. She is gonna get with the dr and call me back. Hopefully this won't interfere with ttc. We only have like  2 or 3 more days of bd'ing left.

Until I hear back from her, I think I will take your advice and stick with the external treatment for now and maybe use the internal treatments later. Knowing how sensitive I am, I have been doing everything I can to stay extra clean down there.

I did read somewhere that infections typically happen down there beacause it's moist and warm. Logic leads me to believe that if I put a cold fan near there to dry it up, that might help or at least provide some relief. LOL Anyone ever do that?

PS - I am so excited to see the ticker change to pink and 1DPO today! LOL :)
Good morning ladies! First of all...  I thought my drunken toddler joke would get a few chuckles, my minor attempt of bringing my dream of a stand up comic to the group! hahaha lol.

Anyways.... yeast infections are the worst... but I didn't think you could get them just from "keeping it all in"  I thought that came from a UTI. The first few times I didn't go clean up afterwards I had a UTI and called my nurse and she said AZO is pregnancy and TTC safe so if I were you I would take some it definitely alleviates the symptoms quickly (about an hour or so) and you can freak DH out with your bright orange urine lol.

As for me.... I took another OPK last night around 6:30ish... it was slightly darker than the day before, but I still didn't think it was +. I gave DH a break last night because I'm planning to ware him out this weekend. I checked my CM while we were in bed and it seemed wet and slippery, but not quite ''eggwhite" stretchy. My last cycle was 32 days but it gets shorter by a day or two every month since I've started the clomid (started at 36 days) so I'm not sure when I'll ovulate. I'm hoping to get my + OPK either today or tomorrow. But plan on BDing everyday for the nexy 5 days just in case. Good luck to us all and may we all get a BFP this round!!!! :0)
Good morning everyone!
Well I am wondering if someone can help me a little on the OPK tests. I switched bands to the digital ones this month and am unsure if this is my problem or maybe it is clomid? In the many past months I have had my + OPK at day 11. I didn't get that today and am at day 11 now. I am wondering if the clomid is making it later? Or maybe I haven't been getting accurate +OPK tests the past many months? What days are "normal" for + OPK? I don't have any CM so no sign it will be soon. my cycle has been running like 31 days
So, the dr just called back and tends to think it is a side effect of the clomid. Has anyone experienced itching, burning and swelling down there as a side effect? I should mention that I don't have any weird discharge and it doesn't hurt inside, just outside. Either way, she said to not treat it right now and we can discuss it at our next appt (about 2 weeks out).

Tryingforbaby2 - I think it is normal for your opk to not show at cd11 if you are on clomid. Mine didn't show until cd16. From what I have read, getting +opk anywhere from cd11 to cd20 is considered normal when taking clomid. I would give it a few more days before getting worried.  Hope that helps ease your worries.

Lin - i am not really sure what causes yeast infections. I've never had a uti before, that i know of. Like i said, i am super sensitive down there and anything will make me swell and burn! I hope it is just a minor side effect as the dr said. I used the towelett thing this morning and it seems to have helped. I think i will stick with the external treatment until it goes away or until my next appt. I've never used this AZO you mentioned. There appears to be several forms...which specifically do you prefer?
amandamae1126: That does help ease my mind. I will just keep waiting :) I hope the YI or whatever they decide it is eases up for you- that is so uncomfortable!
Any of them work, l prefer the extra strength, or the one with cranberry extract in it. A UTI feels like you constantly have to pee but only small or none comes out. There's burning, itching feelings that come and go. AZO is the best at treating the symptoms and sometimes thats all you need. If it persists after 3 days of taking it, then you'd need to get some antibiotic from the dr. and yes they have pregnancy safe antibiotics too! :0)

I've been getting waves of nausea today and stomach cramping... I don't think its ovulation related, more something I ate probably. ugh....
If I am going to take mucinex or robitussin to thin out CM when do I take it, how many days before Ov and after?
Feeling blah today!!  Tired and just not motivated.  So busy at work needed to take a break. I will finish clomid tomorrow night!!  Yea :)  then its a bd'in for the next 2 weeks.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend !!!
Alright ladies.. I will be your cheer leader.. looks like some of your are close to Ovulation... Hope it all works out!! GO baby dancing GO!!

Everyone doing okay... so far we have a few BFPs in ths group all we need is a few more girls!!
Thanks Cara! You need to cheer on DH for me 'cause he's going to be wiped out after this weekend. I'm thinking about getting something good to drink (I'm not a drinker 5x a year at the most). Maybe wine coolers or something just to help relax and lower my inhibitions for baby dancing!!! :0)
My DH loved TTC... to bad for him it has been once in 2 weeks. LOL

That is what we did, relax a bit, send the kids away, enjoy quiet evening time alone! Stress free really helps!!

LOTS OF LUCK GIRLS!!
Yeah I'm excited, I just keep thinking this is my month, this is my month lol. I saw on your post a while back that your dr. said no more bding because of spotting? Whats that all about? Also what cd was is that you got your + OPK? I'm using those Answer Brand 20 strips and I'm not sure how accurate they are... or when I should pee on them, so I'm bding everyday from now until mon or tues. at least. Would more than once a day hurt our chances as far as him being able to replenish the swim team? Thanks again! :0)
Everyone: I have a guestion that maybe you all know how to answer...

So, when men do the sperm count it has to be 3 days and then we are BDing every day or every other day... This seems odd to me. I am not blaming my DH for not getting pg just wondering how this all works.

Also, is it better to BD every day or every other day. Every day seems you wont miss but every other day seems like maybe you would have more swimmers? Anyone know which is better?
Good morning everyone (morning for me in Hawaii)... I finished my last clomid pill last night and so am excited to move to the next level! I feel like this is a good luck strand with a few BFP so recently. I had a question for anyone...
What is the best time of day to do your OPK, and How soon should I start testing?

Also, all the talk about CM... have any of you heard of pre-seed? I did lots of reading about it used in conjunction with clomid and the success rates were much higher. It's a super highway medium for the sperm to travel in. Helps also to feed the sperm with a little glucose so they have an energy boost once they get inside. It's super gentle and perfectly balanced for women's bodies... I used it last night for a test run :) and it was really natural feeling and good. :)

amandamae: sorry for your uncomfort today. ugh. but the only YI I've ever gotten was after a week of BD and holding it in.... I'm sensitive too and I think the ph level of his sperm caused it. That was 7 days straight of BD... but I drank tons of water and kept it clean and dry and it went away on it's own after two days. Good luck!

lin: good luck this month! I used answer brand too and got accurate results last month. My MD said to let the swimmers be replenished at least for 12 hours... so once a day is probably good.

rain: moist, creamy CM is an early sign of pregnancy in some women, so that's probably what you were experiencing before you got your BFP. it might last throughout your pregnancy as well...

Thanks if anyone can help answer!

My MD said at least 12 hours are needed to replenish, but 24 is best. She said, "Have him not ejaculate for three days before your first try, then have sex every other day through the window." Sperm can live 3-5 days, so I think you'll be covered...
does anyone know what may cause oily looking urine. Sorry. I had to ask. I know acouple of weeks ago, I asked if Clomid would change the color, texture, or smell. But not it just looks oily! looks literly like oil and water trying to mix. Is this normal? Dosen't smell. This is prolly not the right place for this question but I just thought I would ask
Hey thanks, that makes me feel a little better about using them, I've been contemplating getting some digital ones but I figure hey I still have these I might as well finish them up. What time of day did you use yours? I typically use it around 5-6 at night (whenever I get home and have to pee lol) and I wasn't sure if that was too late to detect a surge...

As far as the preseed goes, I ordered some a couple of months ago. I used it a few times last month (I'm not too disciplined when it comes to doing something on a daily basis) but this month I've been using and will continue to use it every time I BD starting with day 12. I'm hoping it works! Good luck to you :0)
Ok so its really long, but I found a site that had FAQ about opks so here goes....
Q: How do I interpret results? The same as pregnancy tests?

Ovulation tests function differently than hCG pregnancy tests. A positive result (indicating an LH Surge) is indicated by a test band that is of equal or greater intensity (equal or darker) than the control band. A negative result for the LH Surge is indicated when the test band is of lesser intensity (lighter) than the control band or cannot be seen. Click here to see diagrams of test results.

Q: What is the best time of day to take the ovulation test?

Unlike pregnancy tests, morning (first morning urine) is not the best time to collect samples for ovulation tests, as LH is synthesized in your body early in the morning and will not appear in your urine until the afternoon. The ideal time to test is in the afternoon, around 2pm, though testing may safely take place from 10am to early evening.

Q: Should I take the test the same time every day?

Yes, be sure to test at the same time each day. Also, reduce your liquid intake around 2 hours before testing as a diluted liquid sample can prevent or hinder LH detection.

Q: When should I beginning testing with the ovulation predictor kit?

To determine when to start testing, you must first determine the length of your menstrual cycle. The length of the menstrual cycle is the number of days from the first day of menstrual bleeding to the day before bleeding begins on the next period. Determine the usual length of the menstrual cycle over the last few months. Then, refer to the Cycle Chart to determine on which day of the menstrual cycle to begin testing. Click Here determine when to begin testing?

Q: How long after my LH surge will ovulation take place?

Generally, ovulation will take place 12-48 hours after the LH surge is first detected (using afternoon urine samples), though 36 hours is considered to be the average length of time following the LH surge.

Q: When I get a positive on an ovulation test, when is the best time to have intercourse?

To increase the chance of conception, it is best to have intercourse the day of the LH surge as well as following three days after.

Q: Does the appearance of faint 'test band' indicate an LH surge?

A faint line (or a faint positive test band) does not indicate a positive result for an LH surge. While the presence of a faint line on a pregnancy test may indicate a positive result, a faint line on an OPK is always negative.

Q: Does taking my basal body temperature tell me the same thing as an OPK?

Basal Body Temperature only tells of your LH surge after it is over. That is why the BBT method cannot predict the LH surge. Ovulation tests will tell you - with pinpoint accuracy - when your chances for conception are greatest.

Q: Can OPKs be used as contraception devices?

Ovulation tests are designed to help facilitate pregnancy. They are not recommended for contraception.

Q: Can clomid interfere with test results or cause false positives?

Clomid may cause false positives if you test for ovulation too early in your cycle. Please consult with your doctor about how to use OPKs in conjunction with Clomid - or other fertility and prescription drugs.

Q: Does a light test line and a dark control line indicate a positive result?

Ovulation tests are unlike pregnancy tests - especially when it comes to interpreting results. The results are only positive if the test line is equal to or darker than the control line.

Q: I had a positive result yesterday and today. Does that mean there is something wrong?

Such results may indicate that your the tests detected the LH Surge on the way up and again on the way down.

Q: What if I experience a BBT thermal shift but the ovulation tests failed to detect my LH Surge?

It is possible to miss the surge. If you have a test line that is fairly dark one day then very light the next, you may have missed the actual surge. If your thermal shift occurs, you probably ovulated. It may be a good idea to test twice a day when you feel that you are close to ovulating. Another possibility is that you didn't hold your urine long enough (resulting in a diluted sample)
I was using opk at random times during the day. I noticed that I was getting super faint or no lines when testing at night. FMU was inconsistent. When I did finally get a +opk I had tested at 11, which was 4 hours exactly after my FMU. I didn't want to miss my ovulation either, so I obsessed and tested twice a day starting on day 13. But i did one test per day starting on day 10...that's when my dr suggested I start testing due to my irregular cycle. I finally gor +opk yesterday (cd16). Hope that helps some of you that are asking! :)
I had to stop BDing due to spotting while in the begining of my pregnancy. I started spotting and then got faint positive tests. So no BD for a week after spotting ended.

They figure since my numbers are great that it was just the implanting..

I have heard someone mention, spotting at the begining is a higher chance of multiples and also that my HCG levels remind them of twins as well.. any thoughts ladies?  I know clomid can cause duplicates.. but who knows yet!!
I understand the no BDing in early pg. I had spotting in the beginning with my son but it was after implantation (since I didn't know I was pg until I was 7.5wks). I know that sounds silly but I had been ttc for 4 yrs and got my referral to the specialist and did bloodwork which came back that I had ovulated... interesting... that was 5 days before I had an ultrasound saying I was over 7wks. So, I ovulated while pg? I've never made sense out of that.
Anyway, I had spotting the first few weeks after that so until about 3 months and then luckily it went away. Then at 5 months I had a low laying placenta so again no BD for me again. The DH seems to get a break after all thier hard work :)
I go back to the Dr on may6th not sure what he will do..I hope put me on something to help us get pregnant..I have normal periods and I O.well I hope I do we ran some test on use last year and everything he said was fine.has anyone been on clomid and O and had regular periods?if so how long did It take u to get pregnant?
Ok I'm not liking these OPKs.  Not sure what is happening with me.  the last few days I have had different types of discharge I haven't seen before in fact I wish I had a pantyliner on cause my underwear got wet (sorry TMI) which doesn't happen to me and I've had cramping a few days ago and a pain on my right side but no + yet.  I did call the dr and they said I should've seen a + by now so maybe I didn't O but since I had some cramping to keep testing.  Well I think I got a + today.  It looks like it but it's hard to say if I'm seeing things, my minds playing tricks on me cause I want to O so bad and I've had some symptoms or who knows.  I'm on CD 19 which is getting later but I've heard people have O this late too.  So I guess I'm really gonna have a long TWW here wondering did I indeed O or not.  I obviously would love a BFP in two weeks but i hope I at least O'd so I don't have to take Provera again and prolong everything.  Well good luck to everyone out there.  
If you think you saw a +opk then it probably was. I was having the same symptoms too...moist and wet undies from increased cm. It was like a day or two after that that i got the +opk. It's kinda weird, but i saved the +opk so i could take a pic and send it to my dh. Well, i wasn't able to take a pic right away and like an hour later when i went to take the pic, it was fading. Maybe you waited too long to check the results. It did take a full 2 minutes to see the +opk result. I was using the First Choice ones from the dollar tree. Anyway, I am confident that you did o! Get excited about it!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
How is everyone today? I am tired, cranky, and cramping...but at least it's Friday! Woo Hoo!
Im with you Amanda!! TGIF.  I will be taking my last clomid pills tonight :) then the bd'on begins for the next 2 weeks   woohooooo.
Yeah I'm getting frustrated with my OPKs too! I took it as soon as I got home and there was NO test line at all! I looked back at my other 2 and they were both fairly dark just a little lighter than the control line. I did have a big drink yesterday afternoon that I downed before I got home and had to pee soo bad... Do you think it was diluted?

Also when we bd'd last night I was kind of "tense" down there (tmi sorry) Like it felt like very very low cramping. We used preseed and it still kinda ached. I'm feeling really down because I don't want to miss my chance this month... everything has to be timed just right. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :0)
no pain no gain  lol so to speak!!   Just keep bd'in lots and you'll be fine :)
I never got a completly dark absolutly positive OPK.. I doubted my self the entire tww I had, but I was watching the signs. I had EGCM the night before my darkest OPK and poof two weeks later I had a faint positive.

OPKs are not sensitive for everyone, so just watch the other signs your body gives off.

Lots of luck girls!!
I know it just threw me off that it was pretty visible 2 nights in a row then no line at all... I shouldn't stress about it because I know that doesn't help anything, I just want to make sure I catch it this time, ya know? I'm terrible at checking my CM and CP I try to explain to DH what they should both feel like and he doesn't get it. I just haven't found any sure ways to find out when I'm ovulating. Also, since my cycle is getting shorter every month, its hard to pin point the day. Like last month it was 32 days so I ovulated on cd 18ish? the month before that I had 34 day cycle so it was around cd 20? I'm just so confused. I have hope that I haven't ovulated yet since its on CD15. I've just got to stop driving myself crazy over it, if i only knew how.
These OPKs are making us all crazy! LOL. I am frustrated with mine too. I am not getting a + and this is so abnormal for me by now. It may seem early to some but I always had it by now so maybe it's the clomid but I don't really know. I hope I get the + tomorrow or over the weekend! I have been BDn every other day just in case but Im so irritated. They are really faint lines so doesn't look even close to a +! I haven't had any other body signs though either.
Isn't the EWCM when you ovulate or is that right before?
I think my O was CD 17.. OPKs will drive you crazy and seem to not be 100% accurate. Also my cycles we're not exact- so I had no idea when ovulation was to occur.

Good luck TTC and making some babies for 2011.
Apparently we're on the same CDs. I am hoping my positive OPK comes today or this weekend too!

Today, my nipples (tmi?) ITCH! It's only painful because I'm getting the feeling of itching but I can't itch them because I'm at work and that would just be weird. haha! I'm with all of you who say TGIF!!! I'm SO ready for the weekend!!
My cycle days are never exact but usually between 29-31 days. Are you having any other symptoms? Are you doing BBT? I am doing mine fore the first cycle but they have been really odd so not sure what is going on with that either!

I cheated today and stayed home :) I need a day to recoup and relax... well that wont happen. I had a personal day I had to use or lose in June so figured today was as good as any :) But yes TGIF!
Well, this is the first time for me having a actual cycle in 4 years (never had one after stopping b/c) so I don't know what my cycle days are, but with provera and all that so I'm assuming 28 day. I've had an increase in CM, like I actually noticed it yesterday, I'm taking my BBT, I'm keeping it logged in a tracker on here but they've been kinda sporadic except for the past few days... they've been right around 97.00. I'm hoping that once I O and look back at the chart I will see what I'm supposed to have seen. Other than that, I have been feeling something going on like where I would expect my ovary to be on the right but I can't be sure of it because I've never felt it before...also yesterday I had a pain down my leg that I didn't think to associate with anything until today.

Good for you taking a day off! Enjoy, I'm jealous! =]
Yeah, def jealous of the day off! I have luckily scheduled a chiro appointment for this afternoon. A massage and adjustment should make me in a better mood and will give me at least an hour to not think about these cramps!

So i had a funky and vivid dream last night...could that be from clomid left over side effects? I rarely remember my dreams, but lately it seems like i can remember a lot of them and they are getting more and more strange!
I thought I was seeing some CM yesterday too but not sure. My cervix is still really low so not sure if I am imagining things :)

My tems were in low 97s and now are at 98 for two days so that is really confusing to me. I would think that meant I O but obviously that would be odd on day 12... who knows!
Well, my doctor told us to bd on CDs 10, 12, and 14. So it might not be too odd that you might have Oed (but who am I to know, really? lol). My temps were high during AF (98.??), went down to 96.?? and now are back up to 97.?? where I'm currently at. Took another OPK about an hour ago and was negative.

I don't know how to figure out the whole cervix thing. =/

Amanda-- enjoy your massage, I'm jealous of both of you man... I'm stuck at work for another 4 1/2 hours...but looking forward to Thai for lunch with some friends!!
Aloha ladies. Everyone sounds anxious today!! I'm not alone :) My doc also said start BD from Cd 10 to CD 17.... so Tryingforbaby you might have O'd. The low 97 to 98+ jump is a big one. And lin_z_ttc are you also charting your BBT? Has it been a clear pattern for you?

EWCM can show up 2-3 days before O; when you get the most O is within hours. That's from 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility', a book by Toni Weschler. But don't you think with clomid all the CM signs could be radically changed?

As for me... this is my 2nd day after my last clomid... Mon. I'll start the serious BD, but probably a little this weekend for fun :) I'm drinking tons of Rasberry Leaf Tea (to strengthen my uterus) and trying to remain calm. I decided to do an opk everyday just to be on the safe side. Yesterday it was faint (negative)...

Everyone enjoy their friday and enjoy your DH this weekend!!!
No I don't do BBT because I wake up several times during the night and at different times in the morning. Sometimes 6:30 sometimes 10:00 lol. I indulge in a good sleep in on the weekends, might as well take advantage of it right! lol. I'm going to keep using my OPKs and just not drink so much before I take it. Since its the weekend I think I'm going to use 2 a day to see if I get my positive this weeked. Today I've been feeling... just weird. Nauseous but not like vomitting just like there's an empty pit in my stomach and the same spot on my head will just start hurting omg it'll hurt bad, then dissappear! Oh and the hot flashes are still haunting me at work. I need to get a fan lol. Hoping for the best for all of us! :0)
The temp rise definitely seems like I O'd but I never got a + OPK and i have been taking them twice a day since day 7... Also I haven't had EWCM at all. I have been having a lot of lower back pain since yesterday and some sharp pains in the front but really nothing else. I don't know... I guess I will see how the next couple days go
LOl @ the fan - I've already got my A/C on in my office.  The guys are wondering what the heck im doin  lol.
Sorry if you have already answered this, but what cycles of clomid are you all on (lin_z, Tryingforbaby, sherry, wannababybump)?  I haven't had any side effects at all, but I'm wondering if it's because it's my 1st cycle on the med? I had a bit of pinching in my ovaries two nights ago, and I felt like: yay, something is happening in there :) The hot flashes and everything sound pretty bad, but on the bright side... at least you know it's working!!
I'm on my 5th round of clomid 100mg 2nd round using metformin as a combo med. It did work for sure last month (21 day progesterone was 22.2) just didn't catch which is why I'm stressing and frantic to make it work this time around. I know this is my last shot before my dr. gives up on me and sends me somewhere else for more expensive, invasive proceedures.
I'm on my first cycle of 50mg clomid taken with Provera to induce a period. I haven't had hot flashes (it's just hot, I'm in CA lol) or really any other noticeable side effects with clomid. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that it's not working. OB said to take 50 mg for three months and if no BPF, he will up the dose.
lin_z_: Oh, yes I really, really hope the best for you too this time. The more invasive and expensive stuff gets me worried too. Sending you lucky rainbows from hawaii....

wannababybump: You and I are on the same cycle then! I also haven't had any side effects yet... but I'd sure like the side effect of a BFP! Baby dust to both of us, hopefully we just need a small 'tickle'! That's what my MD said!

I just started my 2nd round of clomid.  First round was Provera with 100mg clomid, now just finished my 2nd round  100mg yesterday so now the bd'in fun begins LOL.  I've been very lucky I haven't had any side effects really.
I just finished my 1st round of clomid 100 mg. I am not sure if this is even what I need. I was pretty regular but with my history my dr wanted to try this and then if it doesn't work I will go for more intensive testing and treatment next month. I have a history of endometriosis and a miscarriage so we are really hoping this is all I need but I have my doubts.

All: I still didn't get my + OPK and my temp is back down to where it was a few days ago so I am still really confused. Anyone else not get a + OPK bu day 13? This has never happend to me before. I am having major lower back pain for 2 days now... any ideas anyone?
Hi Everybody!
I just finished reading the posts here.  I am new to this site and have been TTC for 10 months.  I just finished my first round of 50 mg Clomid on April 30- CD 4-9.
Has anyone noticed that Clomid changed their BBT?  Mine are higher than normal (usually 97.5 before O and now in the 98's??)

Congrats to the pregnant Mommies! Good luck to all of us!!
=)
I have also noticed my BBT is higher this time, it has been above 98 this whole cycle and I am worried that it means I am not ov this month, I am on CD 13 and my temps never dropped since the last time I ov. even when I started my period they stayed high.  Does anyone have any input about this, am I going to ov. this month?  So frustrating!  Any input would be great, I need to relax!
I'm a little worried/frustrated because I still have not gotten a +opk either. I get a line that is not darker than the control each time. My temp dropped a little this morning compared to the rest of them... but I'm not putting too much faith in BBT tracking...

This weekend has been kind of a downer, found out another friend in our "group" is pregnant, literally, I think there are more pregos than not...and in about an hour and a half I'm on my way to a baby shower. It's such a downer! I'm trying to keep the best attitude I can but there is no way that I can stop the emotions of wanting a baby so badly and seeing everyone else get my wish. I went shopping for a baby shower gift yesterday and saw a newborn onsie that said "Wish Come True". I cried. lol. I'm lame, I know, it just bloooows.

Wishin' everyone SSBD as always!
Welcome belladonna! I also just finished my 1st round of 50 mg. and my temps have been  in the 98.0-98.3 range... higher than normal. I found this on a site called FERTILITY PLUS:
Q: Are my BBTs as accurate if I am taking fertility medications such as Clomid or injectibles?
A: In a word, no . . . but that doesn't mean they don't tell you something. Clomid often causes elevated BBTs around the time of taking the medication, and it appears to be more common to have a triphasic BBT on medications without pregnancy. It is also more common to have a long luteal phase without pregnancy. Other monitoring is more reliable when on medication.
The irony is my BBT therm. broke this morning! So I guess I won't be monitoring my temp this cycle anyway.But I have noticed higher temps all through AF and then the past few days.
Tryingforbaby: Maybe this info helps you to feel not so confused as well. You say you got a +opk on 13? Isn't that right in the window of expected +? My doc said CD 8-15 for an O after taking clomid days 3-5.... It sounds good to me for BD BD BD!!!
Keep Faith!!  it will happen, just takes us longer than others.  I too found out my neighbour beside me is 6 weeks along and neighbour across the street is 3 mths.   Its frustrating for me cause we didn't have problems with baby #1 now that we want # 2 its taken a year but now Im at least O'ing on clomid so  Im hoping this is the month m=for me!!!  Im makin the hubby bd everyday cd9- 20 :)  He's gonna hate me by the end of it  haha.  Cheers!! Enjoy the rest of your night
I think we all can empathize with your feeling. I went out yesterday and saw three pregnant strangers and one pregnant friend! "The whole world is pregnant but me" syndrome! I read this really beautiful book written by a woman about pregnancy and birth traditions in west africa. She said, if a woman is having trouble conceiving, one of the best things she can do is surround herself with pregnant women or new mothers and give a gift to a pregnant woman for an unborn baby. It's a challenge not to feel the twitch of envy, but I try to celebrate that fact that seeing pregnant women everywhere is a sign that I'm in the right zone, it's a part of my reality now, and soon I'll get my turn too. You will too!!!
An admission: I'm so baby crazy I've already started making infant clothes! I have blankies and oneseys hanging in my closet! But it calms me down when I feel really anxious and it puts me in the mode of 'i know this will happen one day soon' it's just a matter of time.
HANG IN THERE! One day all those people will be coming to your baby shower!!!!
Thanks for the encouraging words, it is nice to hear and it helps us all to refocus and relax.  I love this thread b/c it is so nice to see other women thinking and feeling all the things that I do.
No, I didn't get a + OPK yet and that is what is worrying me. I had always gotten them on day 11 of the past and nothing ever happend. This is why I thought maybe I was reading them wrong so got the digital ones. Today is CD 14 and still got a - (twice). I just don't understand it. My temps is all the way back down to 97.3 from 97.7 yesterday and 98 the day before... BBT may not be the way to go for me....  Also, what did you mean by CD 8-15 for O after clomid days 3-5? Clomid on days 3-5 ? I do clomid days 5-9 so I haven't had clomid in 5 days and nothing has happend.

Wanababybump: This seems like we are on the same page here. I think we can continue sharing and keep eachother positive! I know it is hard with baby showeres, I was supposed to go to one a week after I mc... i didn't go. I haven't been to one since. I just dont feel up to it and I know maybe it is selfish but I just cannot handle it. I am too frusterated. We can do this though and it will be our turn soon!!!

All: thanks for the support. It is great to be able to get on here and vent and know that we can all count on eachother for support.
Yes, sorry for the typo, I meant if you take clomid days 3-7, then you might O day 12-17... but I didn't know you took it from 5-9. Sorry for the mis-typing:) Like I posted this morning, it seems the consensus is that BBT is erratic while on clomid, so I, too, am not putting stock in to the confusing readings I've gotten. Your two negatives are super frustrating--believe me, I know!
taking it day by day, step over step...
baby dust to all...
owlbaby - I think we are on the same cycle. Add me as your friend if you'd like - I don't know how to do that, but I know how to accept friend requests! LOL

Many of you seem to be fustrated with having no +opk yet. I was greaking out about it for days too because it seemed like everyone else was getting them, except for me! I didn't get mine until cd16. I was getting super stressed about things and it seemed like when I finally let it all go, something happend (af came on provera and +opk came on cd16).

I am about 3 or 4 dpo and now I am thinking that some people implant early and can get a BFP soon, so I want to start peeing on sticks again. But I know it's really a waste and wont give me reliable results. In the mean time I am just obsessing over every little symptom.

Currently, I am having cramping. I was cramping a few days before the +opk and it was all over cramping. Now I am having sudden sharp pains in the uterus, end of tube area. When I lean forward, it hurts more. But when i wake up or relax for a bit it seems to go away. My nips have been hurting, but it seems to be getting worse. That is the most positive sign I have so far.

My sisters are certainly making fun of me. When i finished the provera I was anxious to start af. When it finally came I was so happy...they laughed and teased me. Then when I started cramping before o I started to get excited again. Again, they laughed. Now that I have sore nips I am staying positive. They just don't seem to understand why af, cramps and sore nips are a GOOD thing! LOL

What do you all think of this consistent cramping? Having PCOS, I seem to cramp a lot, especially when af is about to arrive and I havent had one in a while. This cramping seems similar, but has started earlier and has sudden sharp pains. The PCOS pains I usually have are gradual, work up into a crippling pain, then slowly ease off (wash, rinse, repeat-lol). The pains I am having now seem to be in the same two spots - high in the uterus on the right and low in the uterus on the left.

Anyone know a good tww obssessing site? I gotta do something to keep me busy for the next 9-10 days! Owl - I love your idea of getting a head start on the baby items. It WILL happen one day for you and there is no harm in getting a head start. I told dh that I wanted to start buying diapers, but he wants to wait until we geta BFP. I can't blame him, so we will wait unitl then - hopefully its not too long.

I do have to say that this tww has brought me a lot closer to God. I've done all the work I can do and it's all in his hands now. I've got so many people praying for me, nearly my entire church! I've seen the power of prayer work before, especially recently and I just know that is the only way I will be truly blessed. We have been trying for over a year now with no sucess at all. On Easter I was planning to tell me in laws the good news about our efforts and have it be an exciting event. Well, my sis called while I was over there and explained that she got a BFP after trying for ONE DAY! I was bawling and had to tell the in laws everything that was going on in between my sobs. Well, I should have told them sooner because they are very Godly people who pray nearly every minute of the day. I feel blessed to have them on my side. I kind of feel like if I would have told them sooner, I might of had a BFP months ago!

Sorry this message is so long...haven't posted in a while and had to get out the thoughts before I drive myself crazy! Good luck to everyone and keep trying!

Oh, and I keep seeing this Bible quote - I hope all of you can find comfort in it. (1Peter:3-9 - I think) Cast all your care upon Him, for he careth for you. So, so true!
I'm on third cycle of clomid at 50mg. Suppose to be the last cycle than re evaluate. Which I'm calling doc tomorrow to see what next step is. Do you think she will just up my clomid or what?

Ugh....I know what you all mean. Everyone I work is pregnant I swear. My husband's sister is pregnant due in august, we get emailed pictures of her belly weekly! I really don't need that and she called my dh yesterday and told him she's upset because I don't support them and I'm not happy for them! It made me so so mad.  I can't believe that of course I'm happy for them, sure I'm jealous. But I can be happy for them and not call her all the time asking how she's feeling. And I always put on a happy face when talking about her pregnancy. I just can't believe she would say those things to me when she knows what we are going through.
Thanks for the encouraging words and the verse. I'm trying to trust in God's plan for us and for a baby but lately its been hard. So thanks for your reminder=)
Thank you for the positive words! It is so hard sometimes and we forget to have faith. I have to admit that I haven't  had much after the miscarriage but I know that there had to be a reason for it. I keep telling myself that anyway. Also good to hear you didn't get your +OPK until CD 16 so that will help me stay positive too. Im sorry to hear about your sister in law, that is sooo hard! They don't understand what we go through :(
Is wishing I took the week off work!!   No side effects as of yet on 2nd round clomid (thank goodness)  Happy bd'in everyone :)
I'm back from Mexico.. I'm still waiting for af. I was expecting af on Friday but since I'm on Prochieve I think it can delay my period. OB said to take the prochieve up until I had my period but I read that some people don't get AF until they stop the progesterone, so I stopped two days ago, still no AF but I took an HPT and it was negative. I don't have any pregnancy signs either and with my progesterone level at 4 on cd21 test I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant.

I think I'm going to take a month off and try to loose some weigh maybe as it might help with ttc, plus I can take any more emotions and side effects right now. I'm right at the 200lbs mark and know a lot of people get pregnant with that weight but I think it would be healthier to loose some weight. We'll see how that goes.

It was good to have a break out of routine and not think about ttc every single minute of the day. To be honest I didn't realized how I was obsessing about ttc.. I'll try to take it easy from now on.

Hope everyone is doing great and that you get goood news.
Baby dust to all!! and happy BD!!!
Went for the progesterone test today. I won't get my results until Wednesday though. It's my first cd21 testing and I hope all goes well. I did get a +opk on cd16, so I am expecting good results, but the obsessing is making me have doubts - unfounded doubts at that.

Nips are not sore today (at least not right now), but the cramping is still hanging around. In fact, the cramping woke me up last night. I can't seem to find reliable information about these cramps. I've been having on and off cramps since about cd14 (two days before +opk). I would think they would have eased up by now. But at least it is centralized cramps and not all over soreness.

How was everyone's weekend. Hope you all are doing well. Continue to keep us updated - I feel like I have found a new circle of friends here and care very much on all of you girls' progress. Keep thinking positive thoughts and know that this will happen for all of us one day soon.

Nazor and Trying - Glad you were able to find some comfort and a shot of uplifting spirit. Sometimes we all get down and it's nice to be reminded of good things. Keep the faith and know that God has a PERFECT plan for all of us!
I might have not said that in the right way. My sisters are not teasing me in a nasty way - just a lovingly, sisterly way. They think it's silly that I get excited about af, cramps, and other symptoms, but they are aware of what I am going through and give me tons of support. I am so lucky to have them, even if they all did get preggo and leave me out of the club! But I WILL soon join them! Good luck to all. Keep keeping us posted!
Good luck girls in your TWW... Waiting is the hardest part next to obsessing about getting it "right".

Also SSBD to those waiting for the O again..

11days till I know what is going on. Excited and cant wait!!
Thanks Cara, I'm cd10 so starting my bd'in now.  I hope this is my month.  Goood luck at your appt :)
Happy Monday everyone :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, it seems like my +OPK may never come. It is day 15 and still got a -. I will try again thisafternoon though and see if that changes. I don't know what is going on so will just keep hoping for it. My temp is continuing to drop... so odd! It is back down to 96.9 now from 97.3 yesterday and was at 98 two days before that. When you O doesn't it usually stay up for a few days? That was what I thought anyway so who knows! I have still not had any signs of O other than temp.

Does anyone understand how the Cervical positioning works?

I hope everyone had a nice relaxing BD'ing weekend! :0) lol. I am so ticked off at my OPKs I took them numerous times throughout the weekend and neither of the lines were very visible! I've kept all of the ones I've taken since CD12 and the 12 and 13 ones are waaaayyy darker the test line and control line were pretty close to the same. I'm so frustrated right now I have no clue when I ovulated or if I did. We've bd'd everyday since Thursday with preseed, and yesterday I had some pretty weird cramping in the lower left of my pelvic area. I wish I could know when I ovulated or if I have yet. I'm trying really hard not to stress about it and just keep on going at it till I know its passed. I've been having bouts of nausea this weekend so who knows whats going on with me lol. I could always use words of encouragement! :0) SSBD to us all, and may God ease or worries!
lin: you are two days ahead of me but I feel your frustration. Every day I feel like well to day will be my + OPK and then it isn't! I don't understand what the heck is going on but it seems like there are a few of us on the same page here. Aren't you using the answer brand? That is the problem I had with them and switched to the digital. I haven't gotten a positive on the digital yet though. They would look close on those but never really quite as dark or darker... just close. I am going to say that I think your darker ones are the ones and your body is feeling the effects of O and all the BDing :) Best of luck and I hope this sickness is a good sign!!!
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm just wondering if the lines are darker because of evap lines since they are several days old lol. If it were positve on cd13 than I guess I could have ovulated on cd14 or 15 right? I'm supposed to go to the dr. Friday for my cd 21 progesterone test (even though its actually cd22) so I'll just keep hopin and praying that it works. Its so amazing, I asked my husband if he thought it was weird that after we bd'd I'd ask God several times to make our miracle happen this month, and he said no that he prays for us to have a baby too... it floored me! I know He's listening and and keeping the faith that this is it for us! :0)
That is really sweet that your husband is on the same page as you for this. I finally got the courage up last night to tell mine that I joined this forum for support and help me understand what is going on. He didn't say much really, I know he isn't as frustrated as me yet. He still thinks because I have been pregnant that it will just happen again but he hasn't gone to the Dr appointments with me yet so hopefully in time he will get it. He is supportive and I know the MC was hard for him but not the same.

Oh, and I don't think the lines really get darker. I used to save them for a few days to compare and I wondered the same thing but who knows really. I haven't been saving these because even though they are digital they also have lines to pass through and nothing looks even remotely dark on them!
Yeah no matter how "supportive" they are, husbands don't really have a clue whats going on with us. He listens to me when I go on and on about how I feel, but he doesn't know what its like to come to work and see 3 pregos and everyone here go on and on about their pregnancies ugh. I ran into some people that I used to know  and they told me (with grave dissappointment) that their 19yr old met someone in Sept. married him in Dec. and got pregnant 3 weeks later! I'm like ok so I've been married to the love of my life for 3 yrs been together for 4 yrs, we both have great jobs, we own our own home, and we can't have kids, but 2 punk teenagers decide they want to play house and bam are now 20 weeks pregnant neither have jobs, or a house they are staying with friends.... I know everything happens for a reason, but its soo hard for me not to flip out about situations like that, which are sadly everywhere nowadays. Oh well all I can do is reassure myself that MY child will come into this world with 2 married parents that love them and have been waitting for them for a LONG time :0)
Ha ha ha, I know exactly how you feel! I get SOOOO frustrated with people and how these kids are getting pregnant. Both of my sisters had their first baby at 19 and I waited... well I waited until I was with my husband (who I had known for 14 years but dated for 1 1/2 before getting married) and we started trying right away (I was 26). I had medical problems that were against me (endometriosis) so we wanted to try immediately knowing it could take quite some time. I felt so angry as all these "kids" were getting pregnant and so many don't even want to be. It seems like no big deal to them!
Good morning! My little ticker got all screwed up because the FAM box was checked, so when I had the rise in temps, it said I had already O'ed, but that was CD6... so I figured it out, unticked the box, and it should read correctly now:  CD12. SO amanda, sorry for the confusion on that timing(!), you're ahead of me... in the difficult tww.

lin_z and tryingfor I know what you both mean. Have you seen any of those shows like 'pregnant and 16' or 'I didn't even know I was pregnant'?? It is mind-boggling to me how someone could carry twins for 9  months, deliver them in the bathroom, and claim they never knew they were pregnant! When here I am, trying every little thing, and trying to be super conscious of it all. I also knew someone who last year had 'fun' with her boss, ended up getting pregnant, getting married, etc... but they weren't ready at all for it (no house, no car, nothing)... the only thing I have thought about this process is that in a way I'm glad I didn't just get pregnant without even trying, because it has made me realize how many women go through fertility issues and it has made me grow a huge amount of compassion. If I had gotten pregnant immediately when I wanted, I would never know the pain some people go through for years... and I think understanding that makes me a more empathetic and understanding person... and most especially, when I DO have my baby, I'll cherish and love her in a way that the 'pregnant-by-accident' crowd could never understand. I think our child will hear this story of who they came to be and it will be a beautiful thing in their life.

So, this weekend I planted my garden as a sort of ceremony to kick off BD week! Planting seeds, planting seeds!!! It felt good to do something proactive and 'fertile'. I dedicated it to our baby... DH and I did it together focusing on our task this week. He is super involved and supportive, but much more calm than me. He is my strength and peace to get through this.

baby dust to all.
I know what you guys are going through. It seems to "mating" season again and everyone is drinking some sort of water we all can't get a hold of that is causing mass pregnancy for everyone excpet us! It's hard not to get mad and upset about that stuff, but I try to pray for them because raising a child IS hard work and they will need all the prayer they can get. It sounds crude, but when I encounter those situations I focus on all the bad stuff for them...late night feedings, cost of diapers, lack of sleep, getting a second job to pay for daycare. Then I think about the positive things for me...that it WILL happen one day for all of us, our child will be loved more than the "freebie" ones, how ready and prepared we are, and the next milestone in the cycle.

It's almost funny how we can get mad at others who are preggo, but when one of our own on this board gets a BFP we all cheer and clap because we are truly happy for them. I think it's because we are all in the same boat and it gives us hope.

I am now 5dpo and the sore nips are returning late this afternoon. I thought I was hungry or gassy all day, but I have chalked it up to nausea finally. The cramping is still on and off. Oh,  I totally forgot to mention that three people at church this sunday (people I don't even know) told me that I was "glowing"...that has really been getting me excited today!

Also, the message at church yesterday was one that made total sense and I hope you all can find some wisdom in it. The message was about how a lot of people don't get blessings. Well, they don't get blessings because they never ASK for them! Asking with an open heart and true faith always helps too. So, I say start asking. My preacher even mentioned that he prays for a hole in one when he golfs - and I was all "that seems like a waste of God's time" but he also said that God wants to hear about EVERYTHING, even your dumb requests for a hole in one! God knows what's in our hearts, he just wants to hear it directly from us. Give it a go!

Finally, I didn't get my +opk until cd 16, so give it some more time. From what I have read, anything up until cd 20 is normal. I think RELAXING and letting it all go made mine come finally. I will keep you both in my prayers. Stay POSITIVE that you will get you POSITIVE soon! Much love sent your way!
Did you get your +OPK this weekend? I am wondering who has gotten them now since a couple of us havne't.

Nice job on the garden :) Mine I started inside a couple weeks ago and we were supposed to get the ground ready yesterday but it decided to snow... yep May 2nd and we got snow. So, i will be getting it ready next weekend I guess :)

Because it took me 4 yrs to get my son I cherish him sooo much! He is my whole life and he is about 2 now and still sleeps with me. I get a lot of crap for that but you know what, people don't understand when you want something soooo bad you cant hardly stand being away from it! He is a little rotten but I can deal with that. I had a friend who was diagnosed with Endometriosis while I was in school and so being much older than her (I was 30 and she was 21) we talked about it a lot. She didn't do any treatment because she said she wasn't a candidate for it and she went on BC for a few months. They then decided to try and got preg after only 1 month of trying and she mc. Then 3 months later she was preg again. She says its here miracle baby and how she was never supposed to have kids... I haven't spoken to her since the baby was born because I couldn't listen to it anymore. It took me 4 yrs to get my son and now I have been trying a year again and am 32. I just don't think people realize how hard it is for us and it is frustrating. I just want to say, "You are EXTREMELY young and have some time and you got preg in a month and then again after 3 monts, you don't know what miracle baby is." But instead I have just distanced myself and she sends me pics every couple of weeks.
Thanks for the positive insight! I needed that after venting :)
Still no positive opk both over the weekend and when I took one a about 2 1/2 hours ago...I'm on CD15... I hope I get one I'm hoping I still have a chance within the next 5 days. =/ I wonder if maybe the ones that I'm using don't work for me...or I'm not going to O. I don't know!!! We are just going to keep BDing, but probably switch to every other day and hope for the best. A few days ago my left leg was kind of hurting, like more achy than painful... and now my right leg is doing it... not sure that I should relate that to any of the meds/ttc/Oing/etc.

On another note, I just got flowers delivered to work from my DH for our 4 year anniversary (it's not until Thursday but he wrote in the card that he wanted me to be able to enjoy them all week here at work =]). Put a smile on my face at least!
Don't worry most ppl O around cd 16-18.  It will come.  Just keep bd'in and all will be fine :)
Tryingforbaby: No positive opk yet, but today is CD12 so I only tested once so far -- yesterday and it was just a faint line, which I take as negative. I feel like it will be somewhere between CD14 and 18... that's just my intuition. And I am still beginning the week of BD in case the test is off or something. I miss snow in hawaii!!! But I guess it makes planting a garden a little easier :) You are lucky you do have a son, and he is lucky to have a mommy who loves him so much!

wannababybump: Hang in there, I bet it will happen in the next five days like you said. I hope the baby shower wasn't too hard this weekend. Congrats on your anniversary this week! Hoepfully you'll get a +opk for a gift!
Very cool about the flowers! What a sweet guy :)

I haven't gotten my +OPK either so we are both on the same boat. I think tomorrow should be our day for sure!!! Or maybe we are both using the wrong kind of tests (maybe I shouldn't have switched)

I haven't had any leg pains. I have had some sharp pains REALLY low like someone is stabbing me but they come and go.
Okay so sorry for the TMI but I'm noticing some pretty distinguished pain low into my pelvic area, and constipation! Oh goodness it hurts, I've tried to have a BM and just can't I'm not sure what thats about. I've decided that the most beneficial thing for me to do is just keep BDing with preseed and just have the satisfaction that whenever it is I ovulate I will have covered all of my bases. I'm continuing to wonder if I did indeed O on cd14 because of the color of both my OPK lines. (I was not kidding when I said that my past 4 OPKs were almost invisible; control and test line)

Curious as to whether the constipation and cramping are pregnancy or ovulation related? *SPRINKLING TONS OF BABY DUST ON ALL OF US* :0)
You have brought something up that I have been afraid to :) I wonder if constipation is normal with the Clomid? or maybe it is with O? I don't know. I still don't think I have Oed but I have felt constipated too for a couple days.

Also, I have had sharp pains really low and they hurt super bad. They come and go and have for about 3 days now. So, maybe we have similar issues but not sure if these mean anything?
Hey Ladies, hope all is well. Well doc just called and said that he needs to see me tommorow in the am! So I know something isn't right. He did tell me the the HCG levels went down from 1877 to 501. Not good. I know I haven't been on here all day, and I feel like I am about to lose it in a few. Just scared now! and all my feelings and my heart is about to hit the floor. I am scared to lose it! Hubby called me and said that he best friend called him to let him know that his wife it prego, and they having a girl. I was like I didn't even know she was prego. I thought I was feeling good..no bleeding..no cramping..hips hurt, and so do the tatas but that is normal? Hope all is good for everyone else!
I am totally praying for you! I am going to stay confident for you here. Maybe he just needs to put you on something to help out with the pregnancy. I am sure you are scared but the fact that you aren't bleeding and cramping has got to mean something right? How far should you be right now???
Hi Rain -- i was thinking about you this weekend wondering how it was going. My heart dropped to hear your numbers. I am sending you lots of good energy and hope. Hang on little tomato! Let us know. Big hug...
lin_z and tryingforbaby:

I, too have had the constipation from the clomid. TMI: I had a bm this morning and I was glad b/c I don't want to confuse 'sharp pains in the lower region' as intestinal pain vs O pain... Drink some "smooth-move tea" -- it's gentle and helped me in 6 hours.
I will look into finding some of that tea! I also worry about getting my pains mixed up :)
Oh my. I can't imagine how you feel right now. I am parying so hard for you. In fact, I think I will put a hiatus on my own selfish praying and focus it all towards you. Try to remain calm and do ANYTHING you can to relax! Hang in there hun and keep us updated. Much love sent your way.
Thanks Sherry.... I'm hoping so!!!

And thank you Owl. The baby shower wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be but it definitely wasn't easy especially when the table I sat at had 3 preggos, not including the person who it was for. Oh well, all of our times are going to come! I would be so happy for a + OPK on our 4th wedding anniversary! What timing, eh! Good luck with your + too!!

Trying -- you think tomorrow huh? Let's hope!! I've been testing 2x a day... I think I'm going to test again in a few hours... I'm using Answer brand, I got the 30 day pack, what are you using?

Rain -- We're all thinking positive for you darlin'! <3
I have also had cramping from around ov to the end of my cycle, over 2 weeks ever since starting clomid and all of the hormones I am taking.  Sometimes they are mild and sometimes they can be pretty intense.  I have asked my doctor about it and he reall didn't have an answer for me.  All I can say is that Clomid does a lot to our bodies so I'm thinking that it is the culprate.

Lin-z and tryingforbaby:  I have also had lots of trouble with constipation on clomid, stool softeners like colace help some and they don't cause cramping.  It is hard to tell whether all of this discomfort in my lower abd. is from constipation or ovulation or what.  Probably both.

Rain:  I will definately be praying for you!!!
I too have been testing twice a day. This is the first time I have done that... no luck anyway though. I am using the clearblue easy digital.

Best of luck tomorrow for both of us :)
I can't attest to how accurate this calendar is but I guess it's worth a shot, I found it while browsing (obsessing) over clomid... http://babymed.com/tools/fertility/clomid/  it's a calculator where you put in the day that you took clomid and it tells you when you are most likely to ovulate -- but like I said I can NOT attest to this. Just thought I'd share...
Praying for you and baby,  everything will be OK and it will just be matter of some supplements to help with the pregnancy. Please keep us updated :)
Hey Ladies,
Just got back from the docs office..things arn't looking so good. The sacs are still in there, but the doc is just really worried about my numbers. Took another blood test today, but if the number don't go up then it will end up being a m/c. I am really wishing this isn't happening, but everything happens for a reason? right? I am just praying that we don't lose this time, doc just said that if this fails he is going to want to see about going IVF treatment. Which I can't do, not right now. I want a baby but I don't know if IVF will be the way to go. I am young, we have time, we just want a baby. :(
Ok getting emotional! I hope everyone is doing well. I see many new ladies here...welcome to the Clomid Family!! Hope we get some more BFP!
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for you, ur dh and baby. I hope you get through this and that your numbers will go up. Did the doctor mention any kind of supplements? Is it the progesterone that's low? if so, he can probably put you in progesterone supossitories or prochieve. I don't have pcos but low progesterone problems and doctor said I have to be on prochieve after I O in case I do become pregnant since my progesterone will be too low to keep a pregnancy. When will you get the results? Let us know what happens. Don't stress over it since stress might affect the baby. I say you should maybe focus on things other than baby stuff today. Maybe take the day off and watch movies, go to the park, etc? Happy thoughts!

on another note... How long did it take for you to get a BFP after Ovulation? I'm on 18DPO but still have negative HPT, doctor's nurse said she will put me in provera this weekend if still no AF but I've NEVER missed a period in my life and I'm worried I might be pregnant and they just don't test and put me in provera.. I guess we'll see what happens this weekend.
I am sorry to hear that this is happing to you I am praying for you and baby I hope that all works out and that you are not m/c. I know how hard it is for you to have something you want so bad and for it to be in danger of being taken away. Hang in there and be strong pray hard and god will listen... I am hoping and praying for you that your numbers go back up and all will be great...
wantmy1stbaby & Sobie: Thanks ladies! Just going to prolly take a day or two to myself. Hubby isn't so well. So I really don't even want to talk to him, because he is just talking alot of crap. And he is just getting upset with the fact that everyone has a child..his cusins, his younger siblings but he dosen't. I am just not up for wanting to go through that with him, when he should be on my side right now. But this is why I love being on here with all you girls!
Keep your thoughts positive. Try to rest and do what you can to keep those babies in! I will keep praying for you. I've prayed about 4 times for you this morning already! I've even asked my mom to pray for you and she's really great at that!

Want - if you think there is any chance of a BFP, make your dr do a blood test before you go on provera. Some people don't show up on pee sticks - my sister didn't show nearly 3 months into a healthy pregnancy. But you don't want to delay af any longer if you are not prego so you can get started on your next cycle.

I will keep you all in my thoughts!

Still have very light cramping today. Much more on the left now than the right - it's mostly been on the right side for the past few days. Nips are sore, but not too bad today. I have stuffed my bra today so they don't say "hello!" to everyone! LOL Another 4-5 days and I will start peeing on sticks in hopes for a BFP! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please!
Well I'm not sure what to make of whats going on with me or not. The cramping is off and on, but my nose is running alot. I can't tell if maybe its allergies, or a spring cold, or something else. I'm not taking anything for it, and feeling somewhat hopeful because I've heard of lots of women that say it felt like a cold when indeed they were pregnant. As far as the constipation goes... I'm still able to have BMs just very sparce (tmi sorry). I did go ahead and BD last night, and didn't take an OPK, partially because I forgot to, and because I feel like they aren't very reliable. I'm remaining very optimistic that I will receive my BFP this month. I go in on Friday for my cd21 test so we will see. I am slightly worried that maybe I won't ovulate because this is my 4th month on this dose.

Rainlos: I am so sorry for what you are going through. All I can say is God has an understanding of things we don't. I trully believe if you put it in His hands, He will give you what your heart desires. Be strong and don't give up. Possibly ask the dr. about HCG booster shots? My thoughts and prayers are with you!
I am sooo sorry to hear what you are going through! I am praying for you and wish you the best. Please try to relax today and I know that is easier said then done. The thought of mc is scarey and confusing. There is nothing harder than that and I know. We are all pulling for you. Please keep us updated on everything.

All: Well, today is my day 16 and still no +OPK. My temp raised to 97.8 from 96.9 yesterday so another big rise and never had a +OPK. I am so frustrated now. I just keep hoping that the OPK didn't work and I really had one. I don't know what to think. I had a long night though with my DS. He had his finger in his ear a lot so we took him to clinic and he has an ear infection. He had a pretty rough night so I really just wanted to stay home with him but needed to work today.
I also have low progesterone and take crinone after oing.  The doc said I will need to stay on in until 16 wks if I do get prego to prevent MC, Rain maybe that is something to ask about, I don't know, but I cant imagine what you must be feeling.  Try to keep relaxed and positive, I know sometimes that feels impossible, but I will keep you in my prayers.

Wantmy1stbaby: make sure your doc does a blood pregnancy test before you induce period, I have heard so may stories about women not having positive hpt for a long time after conceiving and even more so when taking clomid and other hormones.

Lin_z_ttc1:  I am worried about not oing as well, I am on day 15 and I havent had as much low abd discomfort this month, a little but not like usual with clomid, usually it hurts when I try to got to the bathroom (TMI) but that isn't really happening this month, we shall see.  I am also on my 3rd month on the same dose of clomid so I wonder if that is why.  I hope we ovulate!!!
Also my bestfriend got prego on her 2nd month off bcp and she was using ovulation test and she never got a Lh surge at all but she def got pregnant and has a healthy 5 month old boy.  So we can't put too much stock in these ovulation tests.
Is crinone a gel or pills? If you start taking it after you O, does your period still come or do you have to stop taking it to see if you get your period? I have read that some women in progesterone supplements need to stop taking the progesterone in order for af to come. I stopped the progesterone 3 days ago bc I didn't have any signs of either pregnancy nor af, and my hpt came back negative.

Does anybody know if it's better to do continued clomid cycles or is it ok to skip a month and try clomid again? I'm thinking about taking a month off but I don't know if it would be better to just keep trying next month, if I do get af that is...
I checked out that website and at least it made me feel a little better. I don't know how accurate it is but it says we still have a few days so I guess maybe that is the confidence we need. My temps and OPKs dont seem to match at all
I would say to do another month and give it a try. I took a break back in dec and all it did was back track I might have been Pergos by now if I didnt take that break. I feel that I am close now and I think you should try another month and see... I wish you all the best and SSBD...

As for me my temps were going great today not so much I am also having cramps and I have alot of EWCM I know that I am not O I O on cd13 so its just crazy on why this is happening I never felt this way it feels funny (my tummy) I dont know why it feels like cramping.. I dont know but I am not stressing out over it. I am taking it one day at a time and see what happends. I go in on friday to do my cd21 test and I hope the numbers are awesome.... will see... best of luck to all and SSBD
That's what I thought, I def don't want to back track but at the same time I feel I need a break.
I say you should start bd anyway, with all these meds you never know and you might O early this month. Good luck and SSBD to you!!!
That's what I thought that I would post it... I was like heeey, maybe I'm not behind schedule like I thought I was... we shall see though!
Good luck girlies- hope you gals get some BFPs after your dreadful TWW is over.. I hate waiting... ugh 10days still and they are taking forEVER to pass by.

Praying for healthy babies- but we wont know till 5/14.

SSBD girls!!!

Keep up the BD till it works!! LOL or just enjoy it. LOL
I take it you got a -opk again today? I was like what the heck! It has to be my turn but i was wrong
I do not have to stop the crinone (gel) to start my period, my cycles are longer 34 days but I still get af if I stay on the gel til it arrives.
I just did my OPK and got another faint line.

Bum deal for sure!
Today I am feeling low cramping and some soreness in my legs... with the temp rise it seems to me like I am Oing? That is what i gather from reading other posts now. This is so stinking odd!
I just did a google search and looks like crinone is the same thing as prochieve just a dif brand name. I'm on cd 37 today.. I keep feeling like af is comming and go to the bathroom and check but nothing... I'm just now starting to have a bit of cramps so we'll see if I have af sometime today or tomorrow. If not I'll call the dr and see if I can get some blood work.
Does anyone know when the best time of day to get your progesterone checked is? I typically go during my lunch break (around 11:00) and have it done right before I eat, but I've also heard that its more accurate early in the morning after fasting? Also I've noticed my right nipple is getting some off and on tingling sensations.... not sure if that means I have ovulated and its the progesterone in my blood or what? Thanks and SSBD to everyone! :0)
I tried to google your question with little to no luck. My dr did suggest that I come in first thing on cd21 to test, but didn't mention fasting or anything. She suggested it out of convienince. I get my results tomorrow and will let you know how it went.
This tww is hard. I keep questioning everything right now and second guessing if I o'd or not. I don't like these opks. I think we put too much pressure on ourselves about them and they can make us crazy. I believe I o'd on cd 19 and I have read you can o that late. I had alot of the signs I did.  So it's in God's hands now. But if I don't get a bfp this month I don't know if I'll do opks next month. I think they make me crazy. I think I'll be less stressed if I just go with what my body is telling me and just bd all week or two. It sounds like alot of us are getting too wrapped up with the opks and they might not be for everyone. Well good luck to everyone this week either getting s + opk. Bding or getting a BFP.  Lots going on now.

Rain my thoughts are with you right now. Hopefully you can take it easy and take care of you right now and your baby :)
Viewing 401-600 comments: