Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What cycle of Clomid are you on?? any side effects?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 1001-1200 comments:
Happy Monday all!!   Got the pool set up yesterday so will be nice to go in when i get home from work :).  Also got a nice job offer this morning closer to home :) Things are lookin up
MMMMM the pool sounds nice Sherry. I had to work today too, WTF was all I had to say about that. lol  But today and tomm are my ovulating days per Dr. so I came home on lunch break since hubby was off today. I am sure you can guess what we did. Hoping this week will surly be better than last. The good news is, horrible Monday is over and we are on to Tuesday which leads to my fav, HUMPDAY. Hope everyone had a good holiday and relaxed! SSBD to all~
Well, evil af showed up full force today :(  But the good news is, in 3 days I'll get to start clomid again and start this whole thing all over!  AND, it looks like I'll be ovulating right over our anniversary, so maybe we'll do something special and devote the entire weekend to BD-ing!!  Hope everyone has a great week!  SSBD to us all!!!!!!
Sorry I was out over the weekend - no notice either! Due to the dumb leasing agent, we had to move to our new place early - some nice things about it, some terrible things too, but we can work through them. I have a POOL now! So exciting - we used it some this weekend, but moving was the priority. And this may be silly, but I was excited to have a big bathroom now too. It's not super huge, but it's twcie the size of any thing we've ever had! I put all the stuff away under the counter in the bathroom and had so much space left. I showed dh my great work and he said "why don't you put those bins in here?" Then he closed the bathroom door and behind the door was another freaking closet! You mean I can put everything behind closed doors AND keep my towels in the bathroom?! Sorry, but I got really excited about it.

It seems like not too much happened over the weekend for many of you - besides af showing her ugly face. That *****, but at least you all can move on to the next round. I started having some terrible cramps this weekend - had to leave dinner with out of town guests it was so bad. I can't even explain the pain it was so bad. I wanted to go to the ER and get some morphine or something because it was so bad, but I was able to sleep it out for two days....of course after I spent the day moving! My stuff still hurts, but this is regular bad af cramps, so I can deal with that!

So I did something silly...I did opk yesterday right before I took the second day of clomid pills. The opk was very clearly showing that I was ovulating. I know clomid can mess with those tests, do you think that was the case? It's hard for me to tell and I took the test because I bled the whole time on provera and this should be about the time I would o if I did not take the provera. I am gonna test the next few days and if it keeps showing +opk, then I will def know it was because of the clomid.
Yep, clomid can def. affect those opks and so can provera b/c they can pick up on progesterone.  Good luck this cycle SSBD!

I have my first appointment with an RE on Friday so we will see what the next step is for me and DH
Sorry I been MIA I have stoped my clomid all together, I am taking Vitex is the same as clomid but its an herb. I have been on it for two weeks and I feel awesome. I have more energy then ever before I also sleep good at night and I have been way less moody I am more active, even joined a gym and started working out. I stop taking the clomid because I was on it for 6 rounds and out of them six I only O once. So it was it for me. I am on the Vitex and will see if it helps me to get my BFP I took an OPK on CD 40 and it came back + I am not saying I am in my TWW but I will def see what happens the rest of the week. This is the frist time on them but I hear many sucess and great stories about them. I hope and wish you all a good cycle and tons of Baby Dust..
Sherry congrats on the pool I really want one so bad but I have to wait.
I got my + opk today!!!!  Wow the digital is so much better. Plus I loved seeing a smiley face. I'm earlier this month. Which actually I thought my cm seemed alittle different and I did have cramping yesterday. Well I am excited and I even took a picture and sent it to my dh :). So the next two nights should be fun :). I really hope this is my month :)

sherry sorry af showed up again. I agree with owl. I wouldn't change what you are doing. Good luck this month. 3 times a charm :)

camdyn. Sorry af came. I was hoping it was too early and it was implantation.

Jenna I hope this is your month. I'm right with you. Hopefully we get our bfp together :)

Amanda you are too funny :). Glad your move went well and who knows if it's a true +. I think clomid can affect it. But glad to hear you are starting clomid again

sorry if I missed anyone. Happy Tuesday everyone!!!
Congrats on the +opk - I know that was a topic of issue last month, not being sure if you o'ed at all. So glad you def got a + this time! Good luck girl!
Hi everyone! I had a wonderful 3 day weekend with friends and family. I feel so much better and more optimistic than I have in a while. My friend came up to visit me (I live 4 hours away) and we drank spome wine, played some games, played by the lake, rode the Rhino and quads and just had a good time. Things are going smoothly. Still no word on HSG. Temps have been crazy still but i was having some major night sweats this month so thinking maybe thats why. It was better last night and temp dropped a ton today so hoping to move on from that. No other side effects really but did have some bad stomach cramping on Sunday but gone when I woke on Monday.

Sobie: Glad to hear from you. Sounds like this may work better for you.

Camdy: I am sorry af showed up :( I am hoping and praying for a better round for all of us this month!

Sherry: I am SUPER jealous of your pool!

Amanda: Glad it sounds like you got moved in okay. Sorry to hear about the bad cramping.
congrats carlis on the + opk! Have fun over the next few days! SSBD to you!!!

amanda: yay for a big bathroom with towel closets :) It' is nice to feel organized and civilized!!! Your cramps sounded pretty bad though, hope everything is okay. Is that normal for you?

sobie: I've heard great things about vitex as well. I hope it helps regulate your system and your body responds to it better than clomid. Goodluck and keep us posted!

btpiggy: good luck at RE's visit. Hope they have some answers or at least tangible steps to move forward. Let us know...

everyone sounds pretty much in high spirits! I had a great weekend, enjoying the beaches and jungle :) Everything (in my body) feels strangely calm... I know it's only day 3 after my last clomid pill, but it feels very peaceful. I hope that's a good thing. I definitely don't have the angst and emotions about babies that I had the last two weeks of my last cycle. I have to believe it was all hormones. I hope this cycle works though... god I hope it works. My DH is traveling to visit his 85 year-old grandparents (they raised him his parents passed away) so they are really like his parents. He is going in August and more than anything, I hope to send them the news of a pregnancy! His grandfather is not very well and before they die, I just want to give them this gift SO BADLY. I pray for a positive cycle for the sake of the generations of his family. It's something that weighs on me timing-wise.
Have a good day everyone!
hey ladies! Well it sounds very positive on this page today, which I am really glad to hear! So again my body is being a little crazy! Do I got a + on May 22. Then on the 26 I bleed a little bit not much but I had to put a small pad on which only lasted about 2 hours (ovulation bleeding?? I dont know maybe?) then again yesterday I was about to BD and I saw a spec (VERY SMALL) brown d/c? Now I really dont know?? Now last month my AF was a light flow for 17 days. IF I do get my AF this month I should get her within the next 9 days. thats IF she comes by herself. But if the ovulation kits worked...she should come...
Now I have been having some lower back pain..and a headach..and my soreness not much on the breast...they come and go OH and almost forgot I have been crying alot!oh and the big one!!! I am just getting hot so easly! sweating!! yucky!! i think hotflashes are back! wonderful!! . So now sure...but I am really learning on how to read my body! I am feeling great!! I really feel like I am taking care of myself..eating good meals..not drinking cola..alot of water..and taking my pills. I am feeling really good!! So I guess Ill wait to test toward end of next week. What do you ladies think????

SSBD TO ALL!!!!
rain: sounds good to me!!! lots of good signs! let us know as soon as you test! with everything your body has been through, I know that you are extra fertile... fingers crossed!
Owlbaby: Thanks honey!! even if this month is a bust..i feel as though I am getting somewhere. I am feeling very good about myself and this is suck a great feeling!!!

Well I have been doing alot of reading..informative..and I have read in book for example: "Getting Pregnant" by Dr Niels S Lauersen MD that Clomid DOSEN"T effect ovulation kits...then I bought another getting prego book and it said thte same thing! then!! it said something about first morning urine is ok? Maybe I should write to these author/doctors and let them know what I have read..then I can gather information about positive ovulation test for 4-5 days +. I know they are just human but umm....now I am just thinking.

I guess it is just in Gods hands..(or whomever you believe in). Just a little confused..but I am reading about what to eat to boost your fertility and what vitamins to take..and what herbs are good for you. I have taken Vitrex before but it wasn't for very long. I am  thinking since they have said that Vitrex is the nautral form of Clomid..WITHOUT all the side effects..I may be trying that again. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOWER BACK PAIN!!!! RRRR!
Your post made me laugh... reason is my Dr told me last month that she wasn't going to have me take Clomid another month because I got a +opk and that means I O. Well, everything I read says that isn't true, your body can send out the hormones to get an LH surge but then not actually O. I was frustrated by this but what can I say, I am not a Dr.
Well, ladies I finally decided to go to the ER tonight because the pain was so bad. Sat there forever, DH came and left. But I had to call him back up there because they are not sure if i have a cyst or eptopic pregnancy, but either way, I am preggers. It's hard to be excited about it because of the posibility of eptopic. But it's hard to NOT get a bit excited because of the potential. I am supposed to follow up with ob gyn tomorrow. I do feel terrible for taking the provera for 9 days - i kept saying to you all that I should have stopped it! Next time I WILL listen to my body. I have also taken the clomid 100 for 2 days now. I hope the cramping is due to taking those hormones against my better judgement or from cyst and NOT from eptopic. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers! I could really use them! I am not sure if I want to tell my family yet because they will be all excited and will forget about the possibility of negative things and it might be too emotional for me....any thoughts? Would you tell your parents and sisters at this point or wait?
Haven't been on here in awhile ladies. Hope all is well, trying to catch up by reading some posts.

Went to doctor yesterday, and I will start taking metformin with my clomid today. Anybody...how did you feel on it? Side effects? Just wondering....

If not pregnant in three months then it will be to see another specialist who comes in from a bigger city=)

So on to another try for few months and will see what happens.

Good luck to all!! Baby dust!!!! Lots!!!!
Tryingforbaby2 : That is the first time I have heard of a Doc say that since you got a + they will take you off Clomid. There are several research being done as to what happens with PCOS women take Clomid. I still say that Clomid can give you false positive and false negitives. But to take you off because you O! that I am not sure about that! I think that there are some docs who don't perform the test they need to when some women are on Clomid. Like my doc has never given me an U/S to see about cysts or anything! So I think that I am going to be changing doc because I am not having a good vibe with this Dr.

amandamae1126 : Ok am I reading this right or am I late on the news that you are Prego? If you are I am sooooo sorry I am late!!! I hope you feel better. And if anything just think positive and act positive!!!
Thanks much

Rain: you have to give the Vitex time to work it helps alot I have been in such a better mood now on Vitex then ever before. I like it cause it helps you with PCOS and to get your body on track. I have also been taking it with Red Raspberry tea. Here is some info on it that I have found and why is that I started taking it.

The benefits of drinking a raspberry tea, brew before and throughout pregnancy include:

~ Increasing fertility in both men and women. Raspberry tea is an excellent fertility herb when combined with Red Clover.

~ Preventing miscarriage and hemorrhage. Raspberry tea tones the uterus and helps prevent miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage from a relaxed or atonic uterus.

~ Easing of morning sickness. Many attest to raspberry leaves' gentle relief of nausea and stomach distress throughout pregnancy.

~ Reducing pain during labor and after birth. By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery, Raspberry tea eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.

~ Assisting in the production of plentiful breast milk. The high mineral content of Raspberry leaf tea assist in milk production, but its astringency may counter that for some women.

~ Providing a safe and speedy pariuntion. Raspberry tea works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It does not strengthen contractions, but does allow the contracting uterus to work more effectively and so may make the birth easier and faster.

and here is some info on the Vitex:

How does Vitex or Chaste berry work?
Vitex or Chaste tree berry acts on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands by increasing luteinizing hormone (LH) production and mildly inhibiting the release of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). This results in a shift in the ratio of estrogen to progesterone, with a rise in progesterone. The ability of chaste tree berry to raise progesterone levels in the body is an indirect effect, so the herb itself is not a hormone.

Lack of menstruation or amenorrhea caused by a lack of ovulation, suggests that the body is producing enough FSH to stimulate the ovaries, and that the ovaries can develop follicles. But here the body is not secreting enough progesterone that they may release that egg. In such women, follicular production of estrogen is sufficient to cause the lining of the uterus (endometrium) to grow and that the sloughed endometrium is able to pass through the cervical opening and the vagina, causing menstruation. Therefore it’s possible that the problem is a dysfunction in the hypothalamus or pituitary glands. Vitex or chaste berry can be used in such women to alter the hypothalamus or pituitary function for treating amenorrhea (infertility).

Chaste berry is useful for reducing high prolactin levels. High levels of the hormone prolactin are commonly associated with leutal phase defect can also be treated with Vitex. It inhibits prolactin release by the pituitary gland, especially when you are under stress.

Vitex is a Natural Clomid and it helps get your body back on track without all the harm and side effect that Clomid give.

SSBD...
Good luck this month girls!!  Sorry Sherry & Sobie it still hasnt happened.. I am praying for you.
Amanda: Hopefully everything works out for you. I still worry about how mine is progressing even though the dr. seems to think everything is moving along as it should. I would say you should request a vaginal ultrasound. Not very comfortable, but they can take a look at your uterus and tell you if a gestational sac is there or if it is in one of your tubes. I'll pray that this is a normal healthy pregnancy for you with no complications. As far as sharing the news... I told everyone the day I got my BFP before I even went in for a beta lol. I was sooo excited to tell everyone. Of course it looms in the back of my head the "what ifs" but honestly should the worse case happen, you might appreciate your family's support.

Nazor: I took metformin with my clomid for 2 cycles and I truly believe thats what helped my body respond to it so well. There was no comparison on how my progesterone levels shot up with it. I will say that there are some gastrointestinal side effects... stomach cramps, and diarhea (diarrhea), but they will subside as your body gets used to it. If you eat healthier than you are less likely to suffer from it (take it from a fast food junkie lol)

***GOOD LUCK LADIES! WAITING ON LOTS OF GOOD NEWS FROM ALL OF YOU!***
Hey sweetie! Stay positive!!! When I was Pg with my ds I went to the ER twice in one week because I was so sick. When they finally told me the news of being pg I couldn't help but be excited, heck i had been trying for 4 years!!! The Dr said "I don't want you go get to excited, it may be eptopic so lets get you to in for an ultrasound." They took me in the ambulance to the hospital that did the testing and I found out I was 7wks 4days and the baby was right where he was supposed to be! There is hope!!! You can tell your family, they will  be a lot of support! I told all my family the day of because well, I was in the ER and had been sick so they were wondering what was up. Keep us posted!!!
Good luck, you will be in my prayers, how can you not be excited, we are all excited for you too!  Keep us posted.
AMANDA: WOW! I can't help but be super excited for you and bypass the worry... but I know the worry is real. I just hope you can get an US today and be relieved of your angst! So the only real symptoms you've been having is cramping, right? Let us know what happens! Not sure if you've already told people, but I guess my feeling is a little different from the other ladies (they would know better though bc I've never been preg) but I would just want to keep it under wraps until I knew for sure. I don't like explaining myself, so that's just my personality... but if you want to tel them for support, I understand too. I'd probably tell my mom and DH (of course) and that's it...

sobie: thanks for posting all that good information. I went down the natural path for four months and I was able to get my cycle to return to normal because of herbs and supplements. So I KNOW it works...

everyone else: LETS GO LADIES!!! LOTS OF JUNE BFPS!!!!
Im so happy I don't get side effects on clomid!!  Gonna be interesting to say the least now. Hubby starts a new job tomorrw night 7pm - 7 am , so by the time i get home at 5pm he'll be just leaving and I'll be gone in the morn before he gets home  SIGH i willl only get to see him fri night, saturday, and maybe a couple hours on sunday:(   This does not help me if I O in the middle of the week!!!  Not sure what to do.  I might take a break after this round until we can sort things out.  The only hope for this month is that cd 15 will be a Friday and I usually O on cd 16 or 17 so hubby will be home .  
So I had to make an appt with my regular dr today but the pain got so bad again that i went in immediately without an appt. She did another ultrasound (this is two within 12 hours and 3 within the past 3 weeks)! It is still too early to see a sac or where the baby is located. She advised that it is either 1) eptopic, 2) miscarriage, or 3) normal pregnancy with pain. I go in tomorrow to get more bloodwork done and see how my numbers are doing. Considering they were around 855 last night around 9pm she wants to see them around 1100 to 1400 by tomorrow morning. I will test again on Satruday and hopefully by next week we can see what is going on. I am praying so hard that this is not eptopic or a miscarriage.

Anyone ever have a UTI? I have been told those can be pretty painful and thought maybe that is what I could be experiencing. The dr's didn't seem too concerned that I was bleeding because it was minimal and mostly old and dried blood.
Thanks for the advice. So...i should start packing a lunch like I always say I'm gonna do inside of getting fast food! Lol

Glad to hear your success with it, helps to hear a positive story!!

I'll pray for healthy pregnancy for you!

The symptoms I had were super sore boobs for about 3 weeks now - unbearably sore but I thought it was because of late af. I could have swore that I had seen a tiny bit of implantation bleeding too. I've been super picky about food - I will bring lunch to work (a yummy one) and then end up ordering out. I also noticed that I started to not like my favorite foods, specifically hot wings from Rib City...yummmmm. I was super tired too...but Im always tired. I have been taking naps in my car for about 2 weeks now at lunch time...now I know why!

The only other symptoms I've had were bleeding (I hope that was just from taking the meds I didn't need) and pain (and I hope that is from a UTI). I did get a pimple in a really weird spot on my face and I don't normally get pimples, especially on that spot (middle of cheek).
So happy to hear about the prego, but sad to hear it could be mc or eptopic. You are in my prayers and I am hoping for the best!!!!

Sherry- Glad to hear your not having any side effects on clomid. Mine were insane. lol  Praying you will O on the days hubby is home! Good luck hunny~

Sobie- Thx for all the info on the herbal stuff, def something to try!!!

And I am with Owl on this one- Hoping for LOTS of BFP this month!!!  :o)
amanda: oh yes, I DO remember all those symptoms you were having!! I am so excited for you. A UTI is awful.. but it feels very specifically like "YOU HAVE TO PEE ALL THE TIME BUT YOU CAN'T" and when you try, it KILLS. I mean, you feel like you have to go so badly you can't concentrate on anything else. It changes from that into severe cramping ONLY after you have days of the "have to go pee" pain. Does this sound familiar? It's pretty specific to the bladder.

all: my afternoon kinda` bummed me out... just really tired all of a sudden today and feeling kinda` low. Is this ever going to happen?? I just want it to happen this cycle so badly. This morning I went to a hindu temple on the island (really beautiful) and just meditated. It helped me get centered and at the end I felt a real confident glow about month... but this afternoon I just feel tired and a little down. All of us on here and all of us trying... I just wish I had a magic wand.
Amanda ~ I am praying as hard as I possibly can for you and the little one inside of you.  Hoping, hoping, hoping everything is okay!

Owl ~ I am so with you!  One minute super positive and the next minute wondering if this will ever happen for me.  I keep telling myself some day it will be worth all of this we are going through.  If you ever find that magic wand, please share that baby dust :)

ALL ~ Did any of you have clomid side effects a long time after you took clomid?  For the last three days, I've been having terrible headaches (today was the worse) and nausea.  I didn't have any side effects during the five days that I was on clomid, and I'm actually going to be starting it again tomorrow.  So do you think these are side effects from the clomid I took a few weeks ago or just menstrual pains?  I'm having a lot more bleeding than usual, which makes sense because with this clomid, my progesterone levels were a lot higher than normal.  I guess it doesn't really matter what the reason is, I'm just a little worried that my s/e this second cycle are going to be terrible.
Camdy: Yes, you hit it on the nose. Higher progesterone, longer and heavier periods b/c f thicker lining. My head ache lasted three days in the middle of my AF. I started clomid with still a bit of a headache, but went back to no side effects (like the first)... everything is peaceful and steady. A little bizarre... TOO peaceful... but yesterday lots of O achey (achy), so that's good. Don't worry, I bet your headache will go and your 2nd round will be fine.

You're also exactly right about moods... confident one minute then hands up in the air, like, "I don't know".  

Good luck on your round two (that goes for all of us!!!)
Good Morning ladies!!
Amanda: I am praying for you! I hope you and the babyhave a happy and healthy 9 months! And we'll still be here hopefully with some more BFP but if we still TTC just keep in touch with us! Paying for you mama!

Well I have been having some really intense cramp like right in the middle of my lower abdom for the last couple of days Also lower back pains. I really not intrested in food, but I have been eating healthy..fruits..and veggies. I took a OPK strip yesterday afternoon and it was -. So I guess I really did O last month...or atleast I think. But my bloodwork did look good! So I am suppose to get AF on the 7th. BUT i hae a question for everyone...
They say women who O usually get the AF 12-14 days after..had anyone O but had to use Provera to get AF the next month? My AF is irregular so not sure..but them cramps make it feel like her ugly face is coming!

SUPER STICKY BABY DUST TO ALL!!!
That's a really good question about Provera. I was under the impression that if you O then you should get AF. I thought I O'd last month (got a positive OPK) but then never started my period on my own so I started Provera. I never have a period on my own, so that's not out of the ordinary for me, but I think it would be nice to know if it's always the case that when you O you're going to get AF... that will definitely be a question I will ask my Dr if I don't get pg after 2 more rounds of clomid and I make my appointment to go back in to see him.

((Just to let you know what I did. On 14 DPO I went in for a blood test and it came back negative, so on 15 DPO I started Provera. I don't think that a blood test could be wrong at 14 DPO, right? I just wanted to start the process over asap because I didn't want to wait... if it didn't work the first time I know for me I O'd later than most people and have to take provera for 10 days to even get AF so it's quite a process it seems for me and the longer I wait it seems like the farther off our dream of having a baby is.))

There has been so much news on this thread. I've been keeping up but not posting, just been busy and had an even busier weekend. Congrats Amanda... like all of the other ladies I'm really hoping and praying for you that everything turns out for the best.

Hope all is well with everyone and everyone has a wonderful daaaaaaaay! <3
I hear ya. This is such a big emotional roller coaster. One minute I am so happy and excited and the next I'm the complete opposite thinking this is never going to happen. Plus this pressure of having to bd on certain days have been hard for us. Well I'm on the tww now. I was so optimistic this was going to be my month but now I'm having doubts. I was so happy to get a + opk but I wish it was today or tomorrow. The past two nights have been stressful for both of us. I had a promotional exam yesterday and my dh has a big interview today that he was working on last night. We didn't bd until this morning which might be too late :(. well all it takes is one little guy to get through :). But I told my dh at least my body is getting more regulated so I'm positive it'll happen soon. I just want it so bad right now!!

Well hope you are all enjoying your roller coaster. I wish I didn't have to wait 2 wk and could just know now. Oh well. Not much I can do now but just wait :).

Happy Thursday!!
Thats what I thought..if you O you will get AF. WEll I am not due for another 3 days that is according to if you get your O u get AF 14?-16? days later? Did you do bloodwork to confirm O last month? I am getting a little stressed..but just trying to stay postive. Just like CarlisMaMa said I wish I could have it now!When I went to get my bloodwork at i was at 13 days after AF started...but on the 22 of May I got 3 + ..and still continued to test till it is negitive! But according to my bloodwork I would have Oed 48 hours later...which according to the kits that was correct. So we shell see.. OH by the way...you said you have to take provera for 10 DAYS! wow..I thought only 5...but hey everyone is different. I took provera umm last year for 5 days..and my AF never came....so I thought that was weriod..when its suppose to induce AF.

CarlisMaMa: I am on the same boat with you! I want it now..I wish I could BD today and have a baby next week. I think prego women are so cute! I loved the feeling of being prego. :(!!!!!!!!!  I say keep positive and in time our wishes will come true!

So want to know something crazy...for about oh 10 years now...ever since I got my first Mariah Carey CD, I said when she has a baby I will have a baby. I never thought she would have a child...now look!!! she is all over TMZ, and the radio saying that she is prego! is this a good sign? LOL! I wish. Not feeling so hot today. I am really nausea, and I am not able to keep alot of food down :(. Lets go Monday!! I have the first response test..but I am scared to take it..but I hate BFN! and if so just want Af ugly face to show.

SSDB to ALL!

ps: Amanda, I hope your feeling better!! You and your family continue to be in my prayers!

wanna & rain: In normal situations, AF comes 12-14 days after O... but there are many non-normal situations (as we all know!) And it is possible to O and not have a shedding. I know that it is one of the problems with PCOS... when you O it really helps to change the hormones and after your leutal body disinegrates (the place the egg came out) and the progesterone stops being produced, you should have a shedding. But sometimes there is problems with the hormone signals and your body doesn't get the cue. So they have you take provera to induce.  But good look rain (mariah carey and your cramps and back pain might be good signs!)

carlis: I know it can be stressful to PLAN so specifically... I'm headed towards the BD week and we have a guest staying with us right now and it makes it difficult. Hoping that this is your month and one little guy got through!
owlbaby: LOL! i just thought that was crazy because what is funny that my parents are cleaning the house where I use to live and they were in my old room and they found my old diary, and it said in there when Mariah Carey gets pregnet I will to!! That was funnY! I was like OMG! How is the weather?

It is sooooo hot! well atleast to me! my coworkers think I am crazy! I hjave a fan on my desk and on the floor near my feet! rrr!!!! Since again...I dont know if these a side effects or just cause I AM SOOO HOT!!! Burning!! Again for the last couple of weeks...hubby is in bed with winter covers, and I am sitting there in a tank top and the AC unit and fan going. UMMM  :(!!!!

But I hope either AF comes by herself in a timely manner..not 55 days later like she has be coming. Or that we get prego!

SSBD
rain rain go away!!  needs some sunshine!!  The rain makes the day go by so slow at work.  On the other hand I was thinking that the new Twilight Eclipse movie is coming out at t he end of this month!!  yea  something to look forward to.  I will start my bd next friday - cd15 , sat cd16, sun 17  cause those arre the only days dh is home :(   Anywhoo....  time to go home.  Have a great night everyone
sherrycoup: I am acuatlly reading Breaking Dawn right now as we are talking..and in the book Bella just found out she is prego. LOL!
well, all, not good news. The dr appt this morning revealed that i do have a uti. i started to get excited becuase i thought that was the pain i was experiencing. but when i went back later the dr said my numbers are falling and she believes it to be eptopic. but either way, the baby is not thriving. due to the increased risk of eptopic, she wanted me to terminate the pregnancy on the spot. i refused and asked to have dh with me. i guess we will be going in tomorrow or saturday to do this. please pray for me. this is the hardest thing i've ever done. i hate the thought of killing my own baby on purpose. it's tearing me apart and I can't stop crying!
I'm am so sorry to hear that Amanda. I could not even imagine what you are going through. Please though, don't think of it as you are killing your own baby. You're removing cells because if you don't, it could endanger your own life and you wouldn't want a baby to grow up without you!! Literally the cells can not survive... you are not killing anything.

I don't know if that makes things any worse or better for you but be strong as I know you are and know that you have the support of many women on this site.
Oh dear. My heart aches for you. I am so sorry you are going through this, after feeling so positive, I just can't imagine your emotions right now. But Wannababy is 100% right. This is not killing a baby. This is cyst-like cluster that would never develop and only cause your body damage. Thank goodness for medical technology to discover it early and remove it safely. I am thinking of you and know you can get through this. What a month - your cyst and now this. It is all preparing you for being able to have a healthy baby one day soon. Be brave and know that you are doing the right thing.
I cannot imagine your pain right now. I am so sad for you but please take Wannababys advice. She is so right and said it so well! You have to clear this out of the way and prepare your body for next time. Remember that this is the right thing to do no matter how hard it is. Thoughts and prayers are with you!
Ladies, I am new to the site and all of your stories have been great.  I had a miscarriage about a year ago and I had been trying to get my doc to put me on Clomid for the longest but he never did.  I went to another doctor, he presribed Clomid and last Wednesday, and went to get my US and the doctor told me the Clomid was working and for me to jump on it.. and I did.. Literally. LOL.  I am going to test on 15 June if my cycle doesn't come.  I am praying I am preggy....  I will keep you all posted.  Baby dust to you all..

Toya
Welcome Toya!! Good luck on your clomid journey!! =] From what I understand about Clomid, it doesn't help someone who already ovulates on her own... which is probably the reason why the first Dr. didn't prescribe it to you. If you had a m/c then you are obviously ovulating but maybe not every time so I'm soooo excited that your Dr. says that it's working for you!!

All the ladies here are AHHHHmazing and so resourceful, I'm glad that you found us!!
Amanda- So sorry to hear the distressing news!!! I cannot imagine how difficult this has to be for you. My prayers are with you!

Toya- Welcome!!!  Glad to hear clomid is working for you, hoping you get a BFP this month.  I was ovulating Mon and Tues of this week and I as well jumped on it, lol.  I am testing next Friday. Oh how I hope it is a bfp-

Rain- Things are sounding good for you!!!! Woohooo- I have a feeling this month is gonna be a good one. And I hadnt heard about the mariah prego thing- lol thx for the heads up. hahaa

Owl- Glad you got some meditation and relax time today. I am sorry to hear you were feeling crappy this afternoon though. And yes this whole journey with fertility is INSANE and so emotional. Keep your spirits up girlie- sending lots of SSBD your way!!!!!

Amanda ~ your post instantly brought tears to my eyes.  I am SO sorry.  My miscarriage was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through.  It really helped me to name my baby and to buy a little angel plaque so that I have something tangible in her memory.  Take time to grieve . . . this is your BABY and although some people may not understand what you are going through, this is a BIG DEAL to you and you can always talk to us!  We understand and are definately praying for you and your dh.  And I agree with the others . . . do not let yourself feel guilty.

Toya ~ Welcome :)  This group has been amazing.  Ask us anything.  Nothing is tmi and we've probably already asked anything you are wondering!

Rain ~ got my fingers crossed this is your month!! (and everyone else's)

Owl ~ I hope this is month and you are able to share a little one with your father in law.  And have FUN bd-ing creatively while you have company :)  It might just make it more exciting!!

I start round 2 of clomid tonight. My 4 day long nausea and migraine have finally left. I am so optimistic that this is my month!!!

Good luck everyone!  SSBD to all!
thanks everyone for your support - it really means alot. and sorry i cant contribute nice thoughts and encouragement to the group right now. i might be mia or on and off for the next week or so...just need time to get through this but i am anxious to start this up again even tho it is a crazy roller coaster of emotions. if any silver lining can be found it is that clomid does work for me and i can get pregnant - it's just hard to focus on the good right now! but i know god has an ultimate plan for me and this was just not my time....wish i knew when the right time was!
Hey honey, I know how hard it is, and you should take as much time as you need. The emotions of a m/c is hurtful..and I know how it is. You are strong and I know that you are going to be able to pull through this. It will not me today, maybe not tommorow, and maybe not next week..but you have your DH, your family and everyone on here to support you. We are all you friends(cyber space) but friends that support and care about you. Cry, scream, love and take care of YOU! We will all be here when you want to come back. I pray for you and DH. God does some intresting things first before he gives up something wonderful!
TOYA: Welcome and good luck! Hope your clomid helped stick that egg! Let us know what symptoms you have, if any?

Not having any impending O signs, but I went back on the thread and read my posts from last cycle and I also didn't feel much until later. Hoping I O about the same time which would mean Sunday-Wednesday.... also much less CM this round. Thank goodness for preseed. Anyone with less CM on the later rounds of clomid?
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!  im going to  enjoy some quiet time with family this weekend. Sit back and enjoy a glass of wine!!!! I will start Bd on wednesday :)
Ok, so I am suppose to take a prego test next Friday per Dr. I was O this past Monday. And as of right now my lower back hurts, my boobs hurt and I have cramping.... Ugh. It has been like this for 2 days now. I am feeling confused. It doesnt feel like AF cramping... I am not sure what it feels like. And this is coming from someone who has not ovulated or had a regular period in prob 4 years. So at this point I am wondering are these signs of AF or signs of something else? Any ideas?
jenna: hey there. I just re-read your history on the thread because I couldn't remember which days you took your shots and all that. You've had a lot of cramping it seems through the whole process... I think you have great chances of being preg. with all your symptoms, but I'll also say (from my last round) the higher amounts of hormones really gave me false preg. signs... including cravings and nausea. I also had strange sensations (pulling, not really men.cramps) in my uterus area. I have high hopes for your test on friday... the trick will be getting through this whole week without going NUTS!
SSBD to you lady!!
Your story brought me tears, I am so so sorry you're going through this.  No one should ever go through this.  But look on the bright side okay, at least you know you're able to conceive and get pregnant.  For a lot of us, including me, we've been trying with no positive.  So it's just a matter of time.  Just hang in there, and do what is needed so that you are safe.  If you're not safe, you will not succeed in the next cycle.

We all support you and pulling for you.  Stay strong and lean on your DH for love and comfort.  

well I'm still riding the emotional roller coaster today except I'm more positive and optimistic today :-)  I actually did some research on getting pregnant the day after ovulation and it can happen :-)  Plus it said you're more likely to have a boy after ovulation which I thought was very interesting.  I of course want a happy healthy baby but I have always wanted one of each so I thought that was neat to read.  So time will tell.  I'm just going to sit back and wait and hope I can give my dh a really good Father's day present :-)

Owl I did notice alot less CM this month.  I had so much last month for the whole week building up.  I started to get some on Sunday which I thought was the start of it like last month.  However I actually thought it looked more like ewcm but I thought it was too early.  Well since I got my + opk on tuesday I figure it was actually ewcm.  So I didn't have the week long cm like last month.  Interesting. Plus this month my hot flashes were stronger and the last two days I have had a headache.  Not a bad one but I've had them.  So I can tell my body is reacting different to the hormones.  Plus I've had alot of cramping today.  I just keep telling myself it's all a good sign that things are happening :-)  

Toya welcome to group and hope the clomid works for you :-)

well hope you all have a great weekend!!!  SSBD to al!!!
Well, ladies my appt today went better than expected. I am def losing the baby, but my dr is now leaning towards a regular mc rather than eptopic because my numbers are falling pretty quick. It may sound stupid, but i feel so relieved that it's just a miscarriage. I really didn't like the idea of doing the shot. I am not clear and out of the park yet, but I am heading that way. She said I will have to do weekly blood tests to make sure the numbers are going down, but as long as the pain doesn't get worse and the #'s do go down at a good rate I should be clear to ttc within 3-4 weeks, if I am emotionally ready. I have felt like a black cloud has been covering me for days, but now I almost feel on top of the world! It still ***** to have a mc, but that seems easier for me to process rather than taking the shot route, if that makes any sense.

And I really want to thank all of you for your support and kind words. Hearing it from others really doesn't seem to help, but you all are in the same boat as me and it really does mean alot, especially from those that have gone through it before. I feel so blessed to have you all with me. Much love is sent your way!

So now that I am feeling more sane, can someone give me a quick update on how everyone is doing? Seems like we have a new group member (welcome, by the way), who is in the tww and who has o'ed already? Since I am pretty much past my own tears, I can start praying for you all again!

I feel like I can breathe again.....praise the Lord!
Getting up on a Saturday morning to read that you're doing so much better than yesterday, just made my Saturday so much better.  Really.  I hope the numbers drop dramatically and it's just an MC.  

As for me, I'm 2dpIUI.  I couldn't help myself this morning and did a HPT. I wanted to see whether it's true that you'll get a positive because of the Hcg shot, and really to see whether it's out of my system.  It was so nice to see a faint positive since I've never seen one!!! But I know it's due to the HCG shot.  :(  

I've been feeling really nauseated and dizzy, especially when I get up from the couch. My abs are still a little sore, unlike the day of O, the pain was much worse.  Now it's just a waiting game.  I pray every night.  Thanks for listening.  
Amanda- So glad to hear you are doing better!!! Even though MC is not easy new to swallow, I can def see it being alot easier to deal with- and don't worry, God has a great plan for you girlie!!!! XOXOXO

Miracle- I took an HCG shot this past Sunday too and the wait is killing me!!! Not suppose to test until next Friday... But how badly I want too, lol. At least I am not alone in that boat~  I bet it was so great to see the positive even though you knew why it was positive. I am praying this is your month and you will get a BFP. When did you have your HGC shot? They say depending on the amount of your shot would depend on how long to wait to test...

Carlis-  Glad to hear today is a happy day for you!! When are you gonna be testing for a BFP?

Owl- Yes the wait is making me insane. lol  The cramps have subsided. But my back and boobs are still hurting. :o(   This next week will be torture. At this point I just wanna know- and if its a positive I will be elated! And if its a neg I can just start another round.
And I can def see with all these hormones that all of us are on that it could def fool our bodies into thinking we are prego. Still gonna hope and pray for the best~~  I have a feeling this is gonna be a great month for a bunch of us!!
Hi Jenna, I had my hcg shot 4 days ago, last Wednesday.  I had 10,000 unit of Novarel. They say it takes about 14 days to get out of your system.  that doesn't help because 14 days is when you do the bw! hehe.

I feel like testing every day, just to see whether that paint positive decrease or increase, but that would be insane, or should we say obsessive..haha.

I'll have to endure the wait.  You have to keep me posted on your status!  I am sending you tons of baby dust and lets hit it time around!!!
Well, I am supposed to be doing some homework while my DS sleeps but had to check in on everyone this morning. I am so glad I did too. I had a long night with my DS. He woke up at 3am with a 102 fever! We faught it until the clinic opened just to find out it is viral and nothing they can do :( He is resting on motrin and tylonal now though thankfully. I don't know why I still haven't gotten my +opk but just trying to stay positive still.

Amanda: You made my whole day knowing you are feeling better. I have been thinking about you non stop and all you are going through.

Carlis: It is strange that we all had different symptoms and cm on our second month of clomid. I guess we will see how this all turns out soon enough.

Toya: Welcome and good luck in you tww!

amanda: so glad to hear your update -- both in terms of what the situation is and what your feelings are about it. You are a lioness! So brave for the sake of her family!

miracle: welcome to the thread, I'm glad you found us! Interesting that you and Jenna are almost in the same boat in terms of timing. I hope your BFP (the real one!) comes SOON. Obsessing on peeing on a stick is something we all can relate to!

trying: no + yet? Hmm... don't worry, it will come. Your signs were really good. Have you continued to have them today? Sorry to hear about your DS-- get better soon! You were right, by the way, about the CM pattern for me this cycle. Yesterday evening it picked up from being totally dry and I've now had EWCM... so I'm a bit relieved.

Sherry: enjoy your family this weekend!

jenna: Good news is sailing towards you!! I have all the confidence! Give us that BFP, girlie!

carlis: thanks for you info about CM. Interesting, I feel mine is following that same pattern. And you can definitely get preg the day after O... an egg can live 24 hours (give more or less) and so actually all conception would have to take place literally AFTER O...
you have good chances! prayers to you.

have a great day all!
Owlbaby: thanks for the warm welcome. I will keep you ladies posted on my status.
Today I feel better than the few days before. Less of the nausea and gaggin affect. My first IUI, first Clomid, first shot and hopefully first baby.  

My boobs does not ache but I do notice once in a while I getting this shooting pain through it.
Any of u ladies feel that?

Hey girlie-  Don't have any shooting pain in my boobs. Just constant discomfort, especially with the nipples.  Hurts to lay on them and I was reaching in the washer today to get the clothes out and throw em in the dryer and sure enough squishing my boobs as I was reaching in. The pain was ridiculous! Needless to say hubby was stuck reaching to get the clothes at the bottom. haha

But glad you are feeling better today!!! That is a good start! :o)
Did anybody have sharp pains in your ovaries while on clomid?  This headache I was expecting, but not this sharp pain and nausea!

I hope everyone's having a good weekend!  It looks like I'll probably O right over my anniversary weekend :)

Amanda ~ I'm glad you're doing better and I'm so relieved that you won't have to go the shot route.

SSBD to all :)
camdy: yes on the sharp pains... and I had two days of nausea. The pain in the ovary always make me feel happy, like its working. Also, the achey (achy)-ness in the whole region... all the symptoms only last a few days, then shift and change. Except the boob-soreness, that lasted for me for about a week.

Got an almost + OPK yesterday, so probably today I'll get the full one... same exact days as last cycle. BD here we come!!!! PLEASE send me your good energy and prayers ladies. I really need it.
Have a nice day! GO LAKERS!
Owl ~ happy bd-ing!!!  Now get off of here already and get busy!!! LOL :) SSBD ~ praying that this is your month!
Cam and Miracle, I did have shooting pains in my boobs and ovaries on clomid too - along with achyness that lasted a few weeks. Seems normal at this point.

Owl, glad you hear you are o-ing! Get to dancing and I WILL send good vibes your way!
Hey Ladies...Happy Monday to all! Good Luck to everyone testing this week! I am due to AF today..so if she dosen't show up by Wednesday ill go ahead and test...BFP to all!

amandamae1126: I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. I know it isn't an easy thing, but with love and support from you DH and family and friends..I am sure that you will be able to pull through it. And depends on how you feel you can try again in a couple of weeks. I know that it may sound heartless to some people, but you know what...they dont know how it feels to loose something that you have been waiting for, and wanting for a long time. I am glad that you are doing better, and also know that I and everyone here are here for you!!

Tryingforbaby2 : Hope you DS is feeling better, being sick during the summer isn't fun!

owlbaby: Hope you have been BDing!!! Have fun and SSBD!!!

So I have been getting some achy hips pain, lower back pain, and then cramp like...ummm haven't had a headach in a couple of days. I have changed my diet to a much more healthy and rich diet. I wanted to do my all liquid diet for a week to drop a couple of pounds..but when reading all these books it said DO NOT DO LIQUID DIETS...so I am just being more mindful about the foods I am putting in. So now that I am taking Metformin, I am trying some diet they recommend with TTC and Metformin. If AF dosen't come and I get a BFN, I am not sure if Ill be using Clomid this month. (Which I prolly will be) but I think this would be my last cycle for a little while, since my history and how long I have been on it. They said you can stop using for 4 months then start is back up. So we shell see... Happy Monday to all....lets get this week started off right!
Hi Miricle, I just had my first visit with RE and she recommended letrazole(Femara) and IUI.  I am a little aprehensive about doing IUI b/c I'm not ready to get rid of the hope of getting prego the old fashioned way.  I think we may wait a few months to try IUI, my dh is currently attempting to quit smoking so that will give us better chances and healthier sperm.  How has the process been for you?  Was this your first try with IUI, how about the cost?  Good luck to you!

Amanda:  I missed a few days on here and reading your posts broke my heart.  I am so glad that you are having an easier time and I totally understand where you are coming from with the m/c being easier to handle.  I think I would feel the same way.  I know that none of this is easy, but like you said at least we know you can get prego and can try again soon.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hi btpiggy,

Yeah, I had the same consultation about 2-3 weeks ago.  My RE is very aggressive and recommended that I go through with the Clomid, Hcg shot or Clomid with the gonadtropin shots.  I told him that I only wanted to be on Clomid and try to conceive naturally.  Then I thought about it, I'm 36 and time is clicking for me, so I decided to go ahead with Clomid/hcg shot.  You know, it doesn't hurt to get some help, as long as we conceive a healthy baby that is all it matters.  I had the same ideology as you BT, try the old fashion way, since it's only been 8 months for us.  But 8 months is still a long time, in my opinion.  

We both fall under the "unexplained" category.  All our numbers are good, but it's just not happening for us.  

I think I can endure the 2ww, but I can't endure the thought of not being able to  conceive.

As for the cost, I have medical insurance, so I pay 50% of the cost as my copay.  This whole process has cost us about $1000 so far.  It's like $200 bucks every time I go in for an U/S.  And it's $200 for the IUI.  

If you still have time, then do it the old fashion way.  But if you're like most of us in this forum, 35 and up, then we have a different mentality.  Good luck to you!
so this tww is no fun :-(  I feel like I second guess everything and I over analyze everything.  Well I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but this weekend I had alot of cm and I almost thought it was ewcm so of course I was questioning my + on Tuesday.  Then yesterday I had some af like cramping.  today, sorry for tmi, but I felt very wet and my underwear was wet.  Then I had some discharge and it was a brownish color.  Well of course I got excited that it was implantation :-)  but I'm only 5 dpo so i think it's too early for that.  So in the meantime I guess I get to wait.  Oh well just another 10 days or so :-)  This time I am going to try my hardest to not test until af is late.  We'll see how that goes :-)

I hope everyone is having a great Monday.  Mondays are hard.  I'm glad the work day is over :-)  SSBD to everyone!!!
Well, ladies - my sister had her babies today! Surprisingly, I was able to take it pretty well. That was something I had compartmentalized and dealt with quite a while ago. Actually the only part that made me cry (besides hearing them cry over the phone for the first time - joy) was that my dad wont go to see them - he lives 5 minutes away and it made my sister cry that he is so selfish that he cant go see them.

CarlisMaMa - your tww symptoms r sounding good...a lot like mine but my implantation bleeding was pink and VERY little. I have a good feeling for you this month...go check my posts because i said the same thing to caralea and look at her now! I know the tww is so hard, but its worth it! relax, be patient and take time for yourself - yeah right, easier said than done!

Owl - i hope u havent been on today bc ur bd'ing!

btpiggy - thanks for the kind words. u all have no idea how comforting it is to get support from you all. i really believe that you all are more helpful than my real life friends at this because ur in the same situation as me - trying so hard with emotions flying everywhere! And its awesome that ur dh is trying to quit smoking...its so hard so be easy on him.

rain - thanks to u too for the kind words. If i remember correctly, u went thru this last cycle? i am feeling a bit guilty that i am ready to try again. almost feel bad for compartmentalizing and moving forward, but I have recieved a lot of support and am feeling better every day about it. i still have moments of tears or high emotion, but i am not sure that will ever go away. the dr said i could try again when i am ready, physically and emotionally. i am not sure anyone can be emotionally ready to go thru a mc, but i think i would have a normal reaction to it (cry, tears, sadness, questioning god's intentions and so on).

Anyway, rain, i hope af doesn't show her face for u this cycle. I have heard of the liquid diet too, but never tried it. the lady I work with does it once or twice per year but only for a day or so. she says it helps her with the nerve pain she gets because it clears the toxins out of her body. if u were going to do it, i wouldnt suggest more than a few days and i don't know the effects on ttc, but i definetly would NOT do it during pregnancy. if you really wanted to do it, maybe try a few days at the beginning of your cycle if u think it would be safe...could always ask ur dr too.

and while i am on here, i do want to give a shout out to my dr. I was seeing a fertility specialist for about 2 years and got nothing but birth control. my new dr (just an ob gyn, but she does do deliveries and c sections) is so understanding, listens well, remembers me everytime, and has no problem answering phone calls. she really is a great dr and felt terrible for not catching my pregnancy - not that i want her to feel bad, but that seems like a normal reaction. i've had a rocky past and she seems to have forgiven that and is helping me move forward. when i called her office today with a question, the nurse called me back and let me know that dr. krauss had filled her in on my situation and the nurse was so glad i didnt have to do the shot too...i really feel like they care and are watching out for me. i hope all u ladies have a great dr like i do!

sorry for the long message today - just have a lot of thoughts going on! I also wanted to mention that we should all make a pact to NOT appologize for TMI because so much of the information provided, we all want to hear. and ladies that can talk about cm, wet underwear, sore boobs, urination, other bodily functions, loss, gain, periods, lubricants and other taboo stuff have no real reason for appologies! i think if u get offended by tmi, you might need to find a more conservative group! LOL :)

finally, for those that have dealt with loss and could use some spiritual uplifiting, check out this site - it really, REALLY helped me (i put spaces in so it will post hopefully)
http:// net-burst. net/ hope/ baby_in_heaven .htm

good nite med help world!
Carlis ~ sounds promising!!  My fingers are crossed for you!!  Everybody is different - maybe your egg knew what she wanted, found him, latched on and settled in early :)  We can only hope!!!  I think implantation is typically between CD6 & 10, so it's not too far-stretched!

Amanda ~ so glad to see you're doing well!  Still praying for you!  And YAY for good drs!  I recently switched drs and LOVE my new one.  My old one didn't think there was any problem at all that I have only gotten pregnant one time (ended in mc at 10 weeks) in six years.  He wouldn't do a thing about it.  I just switched drs. in February and she immediately did tests and put me on clomid.

ALL ~ well, I'm feeling really optimistic about this cycle!  Last cycle I didn't have any side effects with clomid, but this cycle I've had a terrible headache since af came and I've been really nauseous and have sharp ovarian pains.  It makes me think it's really working this time!!

QUESTION ~ I was reading somewhere that they like to see 3 mature follicles in a CD13 u/s so that the sperm at least attaches to one.  Last cycle, I only had one mature follicle and my dr. was really happy about that so she didn't increase my clomid.  Now that I've read that, I'm considering asking her to increase it to 100 mg for next cycle (if there is a next cycle).  What do you guys think?  Has anyone else read anything like that?
well im about to start my "busy week" tonight!!   I have absolutley no sie effects from the clomid - makes me second guess that its working but I have O'ed the last 2 round.  Im praying this is it cause its been a long year and a half and dh is starting to get tired of trying and performing on a "whim".

Happy tuesday all!!!!!!!
Hey Ladies! Hope all is well! Well no sign of AF. I have been having AF like cramping mostly on the right side, and HIPS have been achy. Not sure what thats about. But then again last month I did bleed for 15 days, then stopped, 16th say I got a positive O test, and then on the 27th I was bleeding again for a couple of hours. When these cramps have been going on for about 2.5 wks now. So fingurs crossed! Keeping positive! If AF comes then she does and we go again, if not..well we will just see what happen!!
SSBD TO ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
Hi everyone! Didn't make it on the thread yesterday b/c I'm Oing like mad!!! (JUST KIDDING!) Actually, I still haven't had my full +opk yet, which is a little disturbing as I am already at CD17 and last time I got it on CD15. .. but we still have this house guest and I really feel like it delayed me a few days. DH and I have BD'd since CD15 just in case, and despite my no show +, I feel optimistic. Maybe all your good vibes are raining down on me... it sounds like several of you are feeling good this round: carlis, camdy, rain, jenna ans sherry! And amanda: loved your long post! I'm so glad you love your dr and feel like they are on your side. It's a lucky, lucky find!

Sherry: good luck BDing! What day did you get your + last cycle? I remember it was a little late... hoping that bodes well for me :)

Camdy: I think your doc. will prescribe the 100mg if you need it, but overdoing the mg if 50 works for you (even just one follicle) can have the opposite effect. It's not like the more clomid the better chances... I think there's a delicate balance and more might mean less success for some. But I would definitely talk it over with your dr if you just want to cover your bases. Personally, I would do at least four rounds of 50 before asking for higher... just my 2 cents!

Thanks again for all you + vibes... hoping my big opk+ turns BRIGHT pink today....
Hello All...So I am new to the forum and it has been very helpful!!! I am on my first round of Clomid right now. I am on cd17 and haven't O'ed yet, at least I don't think so. I have only been testing once a day but I heard you should test twice a day because you could miss it? I have had a few side effects from the clomid, like hot flashes and some pain near my ovaries.

Good luck to all and God bless!! :)
Sobie!!!  I o'ed on cd 17 1st month and last month was cd18 so if all goes well I should O this weekend!!!  Im hoping this is both our month  :)

Lash:  Welcome this is a fantastic place to vent, laugh, cry.  Lots of info and experience here!!
Welcome!
I got my +opk on CD17 last month and CD18 this month. Some on here have gotten it as late as CD20 so you still have time. When I get close and have more symptoms like EWCM then I start testing twice a day. Your side effects sound like most of our, mine too. I hope you have success with Clomid! SSBD

All: Thanks for the kind words. My DS is doing much better. His fever is gone and his sore throat I think is easing up as well. He is starting to eat again and drinking tons!!! Even though I didn't get my rise in temp this morning I am starving today which I also did right after O last month. I think this is Clomid. I hope everyone is having a great day and this will be a successful month for us all!!! SSBD
Hi Cam,

My first IUI and first round of Clomid, and my doctor prescribed me 100  mg off the bat!  I was like, isn't that strong? But he is an aggressive doctor I guess.  I took it for 5 days and had three mature follicles.  So I guess it depends on how aggressive your doctor is also.  

Hope that helps.
Hey ladies- alots going on, whewwww. I am still feeling kinda funky. Haven't had any cramps for 2 days now, but the boobs and lower back are still killing me. Last night I woke up at 3 am in HORRIBLE pain from my frickn boobs. So bad it woke me out of a sound sleep. I don't know what is going on. I did some research to see if that was a side effect of my menapur shots or HCG shot. But it said it wasnt. UGH Gonna test Saturday, so we shall see. I truly do not know what to think at this point... I just feel confused.
GOT MY big +opk this afternoon! Super darker than the control line! I posted a photo on my page! HIP HIP HURRAY! Thanks ladies for all your support! TIME TO BD like MAD... well, I was already doing that lol!!!

jenna: sorry you feel funky but I think your signs sound great. Can't wait for saturday!

lash: welcome! today is cd17 for me too (!) and I just got my + this afternoon. I only was testing once a day around 3pm, but I know lots of ladies test twice and are glad bc they would have missed it otherwise. SSBD to you!

trying: you were right. thanks for pointing me in the right direction (patience+faith). I bet your temps will rise in one or two days... fingers crossed...

sherry: yes.. 17 must be the magic number :)

hurray!
Owl ~ WOOHOOOOOO!!!  Now get off of here!  No breaks allowed ~ you have a job to do!!  And GOOOOD LUCK!!!!  Praying for a happy meeting :)  Also, my dr. is only willing to let me do 3 rounds of clomid, so I don't have 5 cycles to try on 50 mg.  Did any of the rest of you get a limit on how many cycles your dr. will let you do?

Miracle ~ Is this your first cycle of clomid?  And you had 3 mature follicles??  I am for sure asking my dr. to increase  my dosage to 100 mg.  She can always say no, but it doesn't hurt to ask!  (Hoping there won't be a next cycle, though :) )

Lash ~ WELCOME!  You found an incredible group with a wealth of tried and true knowledge :)  And I would definately do your opk twice a day ~ you don't want to miss out on an entire day!!  This only comes around once a month!!

Sherry ~ Happy BD-ing :)

My DH and I are taking the night off tonight, then we'll start BD-ing every other night until my +OPK ~ then it's EVERY night for us:)  I go in on Friday for my follicle study u/s to find out if I have any mature follicles.  Praying for at least one!!
Big fat congrats on your +opk! Dance the days away!

Lash - welcome, your progress sounds normal. hang in threre.

trying - glad ur son is doing better!

rain - i thought we were already friends on here, but we must have overlooked that one! thanks for inviting me! I accpeted of course. :)

DH is listening to loud and annoying ringtones online right now...i feel like suffacating him with a pillow...is that normal?! LOL I guess I will keep him around....but the sound on his computer might "accidentally" get broken soon!

Well, good night all...tomorrow i go in for HGC testing. Unfortuanely, let's hope my numbers go down a lot so we can move forward soon. My bleeding was so light today I think i might almost be done...i hope so because this is physically exhausting.
my Ob is letting me do 6 rounds then refer me to an RE (but hopefully I won't need to do that!!)

YEAH Sobie!!!  Happy bd'in :)
Camdy: I only get to do 3 rounds of Clomid but I have endometriosis so Clomid can worsen it a lot if I do too much. My Dr. started me at 100mg right off the bat though.

Owl: Yeah!! BD BD BD! I had to take a break last night. My DH was starting to feel like  a piece of meat, Hahaha! My temp did go up mildly but not where I wanted it so hope tomorrow to see even more increase. Time will tell!

Amanda: I am so glad your spirits are up. You are very strong and positive!

Lash: Did you get your +opk yet?
Cramping...but no bleeding...and my temps have been high(but i don't believe that), and lower back pain. AF was suppose to be here on the 7th. But then again..I did bleed for 16 days last month (which I have heard it is normal to bleed longer or and shorter on Clomid). Ill think I will be testing soon. I wish to wait till Monday but I dont know if I can wait that long. Oh and my tatas are hurting to get really sore....maybe AF..maybe prego. Well see..
I did o last month of the 22-23...so the timing? I dont know..maybe all in my head. But still feeling great!
Ooh your symptoms sound great so I hope that this is it for you! Let's get a BFP for June!!! Keep us posted. I would be testing! Aren't you more than 15dpo? You are strong for holding out!!!
16dpo or 17dpo. I supposly oed on the 22nd of May. Should I test..or should I wait a week after a missed period..since my AF are reallly crazy...
I would test but that's just me. You are already more than 15 dpo and a couple of days late so should be pretty accurate. Let me know what you decide :)
rain: ooohhh... so tempting to test!!! Your signs sound good, but I understand why you are hesitant. Either way, pleas let us know!!! Maybe test on fri or sat???

camdy,amanda,trying,wanna: thanks for all your cheering from the side lines!!! I hope its working! Feeling really good! My temp creeped up today to the coverline, so I'm not sure if that means I already O'ed (last night). Does anyone know, is it possible to O in SHORTER than 24 hours after a +opk? I'll be doing another opk test today, so I'll see if it's still +...
Wow, that is so confusing!! I think the 1st round of Clomid was easier for me to read than this round. I am so lost this month :) I am just trying not to obsess as badly as I did  last month and then we will see. I think it is possible, THANK GOODNESS you were practicing the BD early so at least you know you are covered. I am anxious to see what your opk is today!!!
yeah, the one thing I can say is I had a glass of champagne last night... so perhaps the last two temps (wine and then champagne) are upping the temp a bit. I agree with you, first round of clomid much easier to read.
So I think I may test tommorow just to see whats up...my lower back pain feels really bad. So during lunch I got this sandwich, and I opened it smell it and was like oh HECK NO! But I just eat this type of sandwich last week. UMMM. I think  it maybe in my head but I am going to test tommorow in the AM.

So Ladies, I am kinda feeling down, the 25 of this month one year ago I started having complications with my son. I dont know why I am beating myself down, and I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I just feel that all of you have been their for me in ways that my own girlfriends that live here have been. As the weeks go, I just feel like what if? what if I didn't stress out so much, what if I didn't pick fights with hubby..what if...and these what ifs..are just making me and breaking me to cry. I started to feel like this yesterday. And I got hubby that I really didn't want to talk about it at all. I told him just to leave me be. This is a very hard subject to talk about with him, for several reason. I somewhat BLAME him for what happen. I found out about some cheating and some other stuff that happen, and of course he said he didn't but honestly deep down in my heart, I really feel like he did. And now that it is a year later..i just think i could have my son here. I would be a mommy! I know that everything happens for a reason. But I just feel sad right now. And I haven't wanted to cry this badly for a really long time. My son will forever live in my heart, and I swear that on everything. If I do get prego this month, then I know what I am blessed. I am sorry ladies, I just had to write this here.
amandamae1126 : I am right here with you! Stay strong..and I hope you are feeling better!!

owlbaby : HAPPY BDING!!! cover all grounds..hope and pray this is your month!

Tryingforbaby2: I think I am going to test in the AM. I am praying!!!
I haven't had a a LH surge, but I do think I have just missed it. I checked my CM today and it was very stretchy. We have been BDing already just in case I did miss it, but we didn't last night. Now that it's stretchy does that mean it's to late or do I need to call my DH and tell him to come home right now :)  
I understand your pain with your loss. This month has been particularly hard for me as well. I was due to have my baby this month from my last mc. It frustrates me to think that I would be preparing for a new one right now and I cannot stand that it was taken away from me. A girl at work is due next month so every time I see her I think about how I would be having my baby in the next few days. It is so difficult to go through a mc. My DH tries to understand but it isn't the same. I know that I am ready for that 2nd baby but for some reason God didn't think so. I don't want to go through that loss again.

Try to stay positive about the present and not let this loss bring you down. I know that it's not this easy. I hope that you get your BFP tomorrow and you can move on. I have an angel that sits on my desk that I got from a teacher when I mc. I worry that this baby is an angel and won't come back to me. It is so hard. We will get through this though, I am sure of it.
This month I got my +opk the day after I started getting the stretchy so you may get it tomorrow. I wouldn' t panic but I would for sure BD tonight and then you may get that +opk tomorrow. Last month I thought I got them at the same time but I didn't keep as good of track. Good luck and BD!!!!
Owl, i think u can o as early as 12 hrs after +opk and as late as 36hrs or so after. I think you are still in the clear.

Rain and Trying - there must be something going on with the moon right now. I have been fine for the past few days and all of a sudden, today I started crying again on and off. It's tough and seems to get easier each day, but we all have our moments. I think it's just important to get the feelings out and cry if you need to. I like trying's idea of getting something to remember the mc by. I plan on getting a piece of jewelry representing the month my baby would have been born. I started calculating my estimated due date today and I figured it would have been around Jaunuary 16, which is the very first day I ever started my period and also my brother's birthday. Since my brother and I are not talking right now, I have a feeling the day will be super sad for me. Trying, I am also so sorry that you have to see someone else close to you getting what you should have had because that must be really hard for you. I will def keep you in my prayers. And rain, don't worry about getting those kind of feelings out in the forum - it helps all of us heal in a way. Personally, i don't feel so alone today knowing you ladies are feeling the same way as me today. And thanks to both of you for sharing your story - it really does help pull me out of my dark cave. :)
camdynrae- my doc said three months on just clomid, i just went in cause my three months were up and she ended up putting me on clomid along with metformin for the next three months. After that she said i would have to be done with clomid.

Everyone---anyone have experience with metformin? I've been feeling really wierd, like shaky i thought maybe the pills were making my blood sugar low but i went to my mom's (she's a diabetic) and used her monitor to test my blood sugar and it was actually 164 which my mom siad was really high. I'm exhausted too. I haven't had the diarrhea from it but have been constantly naseau and thrown up a few times. Anything that will help this?

I'm on day 13 started bding everyother til get me +

Baby dust to all!!!
Amanda, Rain and Trying,

It hurts me to read all your posting, I am so sorry for the way you all feel.  I myself is feeling the same way right now, but it's not because of the baby thing, it's WORK.  I hate my work!  I'm an attorney and today was the worse day of my life.  I had a fueling with the opponent attorney whom I thought was also a friend, and in times of need, he would back me up, but he double crossed me today and I will remember it for the rest of my life.  Pay back is a *****.  Then in the afternoon I got into it with a client.  I never lose it with a client but this one has a huge attitude everytime I talk to her about a case, so I had enough and I gave her the same attitude right back.  I didn't care if she fired me off the case, in fact, I wished she had.  On top of that, I'm 8 dpo, I'm cramping down there, feeling like I want to throw up all the time, feel so bloated.

I know stress can cause miscarriages and not being able to conceive.  So, I despise my job for making me feel this way.  I cried all day today everytime I talk about it.  Of all the time in the world, why today.  Why now? Life is so rough on me.  I just want to quit my job!!  

Thanks for listening ladies, I know it's not baby news, but I needed to let it out before I explode.  
rain: I'm sorry you are really feeling the loss today. I know that a big part of healing comes from allowing yourself to grieve, so I won't say anything to 'try and cheer you up'... sometimes just feeling sad and being present with the loss is the way out.  I love this quote:
THE ONLY WAY OUT, IS THROUGH. I think it applies to a lot of us. We just have to continue the walk. Big hug to you.

trying: I didn't know your previous due date was so soon. I feel for you having to see someone else at nine months right now... but I know your perfect baby is coming to you and to your DS and DH.

amanda: I love the idea of getting a piece of jewelry or something to commemorate the due date. You know, it is a Hawaiian tradition to plant something when you have a mc... it shows that you still have faith in the growing process and is also something that is alive you can tend to. I'm not sure if you have a yard to plant something, but a friend of mine who lost her baby at 20 weeks last month lives in an apartment and she planted a baby tree in a big pot on her balcony and a year from now she will take it into the forest and plant in the wild. I liked that idea.

nazor: i'm sorry you are feeling so sick -- I haven't had any experience with met. but your symptoms do sound a little strange. Have you called your doc? You would want to catch an allergy before long...

miracle: being an attorney has its highs but definitely has it's complications -- always being in conflict (as you job description) makes it hard, but when your colleague makes it harder? UGH. Can you take tomorrow off, or even just the afternoon? Go get a massage or pedicure... you DO need to relax (for the sake of yourself, your baby and even your clients!)
ALL: sorry I've been on here a lot... I just always get a lot of energy around O and I care about you ladies!
nazor, i took met a while back and it did the same thing to me. i was sick constantly. i couldnt east pasta, bread, chips, anything with carbs, deserts, sauces and dressings, milk cheese, yogurt, juices, or nearly much at all. i could only eat a small salad, oatmeal, carrots and celery. I think I was able to eat a small amount of tuna or chicken, but not too much. the only fruit i could stomach was about half an apple. i was so jittery and sick all the time. i evenutally had to stop taking it because it was making me so sick all the time. even looking at other foods made me cramp up so bad.

miracle, sorry you had a rough day at work. last year i had a happy bunny calander with funny quotes....one of my favorites might apply to your clients and your day "suck a butt!"

owl, glad to see you are on here. the tww does make you full of energy! feel free to jump on here anytime!

alright, I have to get ready for work medhelp world. See you later!
Good morning ladies!!!  I see alot of you are having "off" days recently.  Its extremely harder on us because of the problems with ttc on top of everything else.  Some days I just feel like a basket case and ttc has taken over my existence.  Its all I think about and hard to concentrate at work.  I too hate my job and have for about 6-8 months.  I've had to start looking elsewhere because I am too stressed here.  HArd to leave as Ive been here for 6 years but I have to do whats best for me.   Anywhoo, Im happy for the friends Ive made on here, you make it easier for me to digest all of this.  That being said...

Happy BD'in everyone and GL to all in their tww :)
Well, my dr called today and said my numbers are going back up slowly. This means I have to go in and do the metho shot after all. This is perhaps the worst news right next to I lost the pregnancy to begin with. Looks like this is the beginning of a new depression for me. I go in today at 4, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.
I haven't updated in a while.  So I just thought I would say that I have been reading and keeping up on everybody.  What a hard journey this is that we are on.  Trying to keep my spirits up but it is so hard because you never expect to have to go through all of this.  I am praying and thinking of all of you daily.  

As for me AF showed up yesterday so I start 100mg of Clomid Tomorrow  to Tuesday.  Hopefully this cycle will work.

This is a great outlet for all of us.  I am so thankful to be able to vent when I need to.  Happy BDing to all of you!!!
I cannot imagine how difficult that is. I am thinking about you today and praying for you to get through this all. It is hard to mc but to have this in your hands has to be so much worse. Try to think of it is preparing your body for a good successful pregnancy next round. Take some time to rest and take care of yourself.

kacallihan: Good luck to you on your next round of Clomid. I hope this one works for you.

Sherry: I hope you are successful in finding a new job that is less stressful for you.

Miraclebaby: I hope that you have a better day and are able to relax some. Stress is so bad for us especially ttc but it seems impossible to avoid sometimes. I have been getting stressed out a lot the past couple of weeks myself and keep telling myself to relax. Between work and taking classes I really think I should have taken the summer off but I needed to keep my mind busy. These quick summer courses are really difficult though.

SSBD to all and lets get through the next couple days so we can spend some time relaxing over the weekend!!!
Amanda I am so sorry to hear you have to have the shot. I can't imagine what you are going through. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

I am sorry alot of you are having bad days. It's hard enough to deal with daily life then I think it's harder for us cause we have to deal with ttc also. This tww us killing me. I swear I have googles everything I can. But I still have another week. I hope I can get thru it and get my bfp. I really want it this month. My grandma is not doing well and I really want to be able to tell her I'm pregnant. When I had my daughter I stayed with her a few days before my dd was born. I live in Sacramento but was 5th generation born in San Francisco. So I thought it would be great to have my daughter born there too. So I stayed with my g-ma. It was great. I want to do it again so it saddens me that she is not doing well. Ok I just want to cry. Hopefully being emotional is a good sign :)

well hope you all have a great day. I'm very thankful for this forum :)
Amanda, you are in my thoughts and prayer, please be strong and you will pull through.  Take very good care of yourself too.  

Carlis Mama - Hey we are on the same track as far as the 2ww, I think or at least very close.  I'm 9dpo.  I have a lot of symptoms going on, lightheaded, dizziness when I stand up from a sitting position.  I'm bloated urinating every 10 minutes!!  Cramping and achy down there too.  Lets hope for the best.

Owl, how are you doing my lady? Hangin in there?

Everyone, thanks for all the support, I will keep you posted on my status.  I'm 9dpo.  Did 100 mg Clomid / 10,000 unit Hcg/ and IUI.  My first IUI.  
I'm so sorry to hear your news.  This has been one struggle after another for you and I am deffinately keeping you in my prayers.  Just remember that we are all hear for you throughout this process.
I'm very sorry about your news today. You will be in my prayers. I can't imagine. I'm so so sorry. Take care of yourself, God does have a plan for you even though its hard to see it or understand what he is doing.

Thanks for replying! I did call the doctor today just to be safe. But she seems to think its just my body getting used to the pills. I hope it doesn' continue cause it will be a full week tomorrow that i've been taking them and its not getting any better yet. Next week I"m suppose to start adding a pill! Now I have that nasty metillac taste in my mouth too! Yuck!

Happy BDing!!!!!!
Hey ladies~  Tomorrow is Friday and I took a vaca day from work, YAY!! Boobs are still hurting (getting a bit ridiculous at this point) Still have not started AF. If I was gonna have one it should have come a few days ago, so who knows. But I have made a final decision to test Saturday morning. I am suppose to wait till Sunday, but oh well...

Amanda- Ugh, sorry the news was not good, you are still in my prayers. Be strong and know that we are here for you!

Owl- Hope you been busy getting some BD on. So hoping this is your month!!! And we are always glad to see post from you girlie- there is no such thing as Too many posts. haha

Miracle- Hmmm, things sound positive for you as well. Hopefully that first IUI will be the only one you need and you will end up w a BFP.

kcallihan- Sorry to hear your AF showed up! Best of luck on this next round of clomid, I hope it works for you.

Carlis- I so hope you get your BFP so you can share it with Grandma!!!

All- Yes this journey we are all on is quite a stressful one. Life itself is already stressful. Then you add work, DH, family and everything else and it's like whoah! But I do agree with you ladies, I think this is a great outlet for all of us. I am still praying there are a bunch of BFP this month- that will take one of the biggest stresses we all carry off!

Sending bunches and bunches of baby dust to all~
I everyone...So I took my O test today and it was kind of confusing. Test like was pretty dark but kind of lighter on half of it. And the reference line was the darkest I've seen it, it was very close to what the test line looked like. Not really sure what to think at this point. I will prolly still test. I go to my OB tmrw so I will ask her what she thinks. My DH isn't feeling well tonight so no bding for us tonight. :( Maybe tmrw :)

Baby Dust to everyone!!
Oh, Amanda, SO sorry to hear your bad news.  I am definately praying for you.  Sometimes I wonder if this is all worth it!  But I know that God is good and one day, when we finally hold our own little one in our arms, we will hold onto that precious little baby and be the absolute BEST mommies in the world . . . we will NEVER take our children for granted because we know what a blessing they really are.  God bless you . . . this, too, shall pass.

Owl ~ it's good to see you took the day off of here . . . it must mean that you are using every bit of "O Time".  Lol - we miss you, though, so make that little happy meeting in the tubes and come back to chat with us!

Sorry to hear that so many of you are having stressful work issues right now.  Not only do we have the added stress of infertility, but we are taking a hormone medication that elevates EVERYTHING to seem to be a bigger deal than it really is.  Since the rest of you are sharing, I will, too :)  We are going through some construction at the Assisted Living I work at and beginning in the next couple of weeks, the administrator and I will be sharing an office for a couple months.  Both of us have VERY strong personalities and I'm very concerned as to how this will work out.  Not only do I plan to be extra hormonal, but it is VERY hot and "our" office-to-be is very tiny.  The good news, though, is that after the construction, my new office will be twice the size of my current one.  If I can just make it through the next 2 months without killing anyone . . .

I hope everyone has a good weekend.  If last cycle is any indication, I will be O-ing on my anniversary (Sunday) . . . so happy anniversary to me and hubby ~ we will be having a dancing marathon! LOL  I go in tomorrow for my CD13 follicle study u/s, so send up good vibes that I have a few mature follicles!  Thanks for listening once again!!
Sounds exactly like me last month.  I was getting discouraged that I wasn't going to O or I missed it because it was getting so late and most people were getting theirs by CD 17.  On CD 19 that's what mine was like and I thought I got a + that day when in fact based on when af came I think if I tested on CD 20 I would've gotten my clear +.  So I would definitely test tomorrow.  Good luck.  It is very confusing.  I went to digital this month and go my very obvious + smiley face on CD 17.  
Well got my + opk this morning. So looks like We'll be bding all weekend!!!

TGIF girls!!! Hopefully we can all have a good weekend a break from all the stress!

SSBD
still waiting on my smiley face hoping to get tomorrow or Sunday!!!
I just thought this was an interesting perspective since we have all been a little stressed out lately.  My RE said that psycologists looked at the emotional stess that people face when they are dealing with infertility and found that it is comperable to how people respond to being diagnosed with cancer.  That just puts it in perspective the amout of emotional stress we are all dealing with.  So, we all need to go easy on ourselves and make sure we give ourselves some downtime to just recharge and let it all out.  SSBD to everyone and hopefully this process will go quickly.
Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while, but I have read every single post every day. I totally understand the stress' of ttc, and job, and dh, its soo difficult. You just have to keep focused on why you are putting yourself through all of this hell. Personally I suggest tossing the OPKs, the BBT, all of that and just get some preseed, and bd everyday or everyother day from the day after AF until she doesn't show up again, thats what we did :0)

As for an update on me... I had my ultrasound yesterday, it was phenomenal. I measured 7wks 2days, and got to hear the heartbeat it was 148. I am fighting morning sickness at night I've lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks lol. Its soo hard to be excited when so many of you are right where I was less than a month ago. Just please don't give up, and if you have any questions I am always here!!!
*************PRAYING EACH OF YOU JOIN ME VERY SOON! SSBD**********************
linz: oh, that's so wonderful! How exciting to go in and see everything is going well. Thanks for checking in on us (not forgetting the little people :) we'll all join you soon. Sooner than later is my big prayer.

btpiggy: good point about stresss. The cancer comparison is pretty amazing... infertility is strange because I feel it's kinda` hidden. You have all these tv shows about pregnancy, delivery, accidental 16 y.o pregnancy, 'I didn't know I was pregnant' pregnancy and you're just like GEEZ. This forum is so great b/c you can feel pretty alone. You never 'hear' about infertility. I think it adds to the stress big time. Any symptoms for you at 9dpo?

sherry: GOOD LUCK on your OPK this weekend. I really hope it comes so that you and DH can get this done before your schedules go crazy.

nazor: excellent! SSBD to you! GO MAD!!!

lash: yes, these opk's can be confusing. what did the test look like today (friday)? I got one of those half dark lines last cycle and the next day I got the full one... but I know some people take that half one to be the +.... BD either way just in case!

jenna: I'll be coming online tomorrow to hear about your test. Good luck... oh , i SO hope you get this!!

camdy: good luck this sunday -- hope you get a nice anniversary gift of a big fat O! are you already testing? faint lines?

kcallihan: kiss your pills -- good luck this round. Doesn't starting fresh feel good?

ALL: Ah, so this is what the TWW feels like... yes, I remember now! Time just stretches out... have to find ways to keep myself busy over the weekend. I have been having the occasional 'sensation' in my tube (right side) and uterus area. I also have had two nights of screwy sleep. I'm not claiming these are pregnancy signs, more like post O and a little clomid. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm feeling very positive, so I'll just go with that for now :)
Owbaby, good luck to you.  You did clomid and IUI?  I pray for you girl!!!  I'm 8dpIUI, and just test BFN but now I know the HCG shot is out of my system.

6 more days to go before I take the real test that counts.  

Good luck everyone!!! Baby dust all over!
I had my Dr. appointment today and it went pretty good. She did say it was kind of late in my cycle for the CM, but that all my symptoms point to Oing. So if I do get prego this month she wants me to come in to test my progesterone (sp?) I also had my blood work done today to see if I am Oing. But...the good news is that I did test when I got home and I got the clear +  for my LH surge! We are celebrating our birthdays this weekend with lots of BDing :)

Thinking and praying for everyone!!

miracle: No, I just am on second round of clomid (nothing else)... thanks for your good energy!

lash: YAY! Happy birthday and Happy BD-ing!
Hi Ladies,

I just started my second round of clomid 50mg yesterday.  Only side effects for me is major O cramping and temps go up during the time I'm taking the meds.  So far, that's all the effects i've had.  I do ovulated on my own so mabe that's why I don't get as many effects as others.
Hoping for a BFP this month.

SSBD to all.
I went in for my CD13 follicle study u/s.  No mature follicles :(  She didn't give me any hope, but she did say I do have a dominant follicle, it's just not big enough, so I'm trying to stay positive and hoping (and praying!) that it will still release, just a lot later this month.  I SO don't want this whole month to be a bust!  I got a -OPK last night, which makes sense.  Any positive vibes/thoughts/prayers would be greatly appreciated!!  I plan to ask her to increase my clomid to 100 mg next cycle . . . especially if I don't O at all this one.

On a side note, these follicle studies are vaginal (for those of you that don't do them) and the lady I got today was really rough.  It hurt like crazy and now I'm bleeding from her "stabbing" my ovaries so hard, plus it still hurts :(  The good news, though, is that she looks like she's about 8 months pregnant, so hopefully I'll get someone else for the next couple months.

Lash ~ have fun dancing your b-day away!!
I have just noticed some slight cramps and feeling bloated, my boobs hurt a little but I feel like these are all just pre period symptoms, kind of pissy today b/c I always start feeling this way about this far along in my cycle then af shows up about a week later.Not feeling very positive for my chances this month.  Good luck to you this month, I hope you are implanting any day now!!!
Hi everyone! Im Renee... Owlbaby found me and directed me to this group! Im happy to see everyone! I have done 3 clomid cycles since last Oct 09. Unfortunately I have RPL and while I *did* become pregnant each and every cycle(including a set of twins) I lost them all :'( I had a D&C in Dec(@ 9weeks twins) and then I had a chemical pregnancy in Feb and an early m/c in April. My Re did a RPL work up and hysteroscopy but so far my losses are for unknown reasons! UGH! Anyway we have moved onto injectables but I hope you all dont mind me posting here anyway! I can answer clomid questions too! (o;
I am starting Bravelle tomorrow 150 IU (2amps) and will do that every day for the next 8 days and then Ill have another ultrasound and hopefully the trigger shot and IUI soon after! I will also be on asprin, progesterone suppositories and Dexamethasone.
<3
well girls, still no smiley face today!! hopefully tomorrow.  The only positive news I have is that my hubby was supposed to start his night shift this week and it was put off so he will still be on a day shift YEAH!!  that means when I O in the next few days we can still bd :)

Welcome Renee!! And happy bd'in Lash!!!

Raining good here in Toronto today - looks like a good cleaning day and the hubby took our daughter to grammas so no distractions :)
Welcome, this is a great community to join with lots of great support, Good luck to you this cycle, I am going to be starting IUI within the next couple of months, I have completed 5 cycles of clomid with no luck, now we are just taking a slight break from all the hormones and and saving up some money for the next stage of this journey.
dreaming: WELCOME! I'm so glad you found us! Wow, you have been through a lot. I'm so sorry to hear about your multiple mc's... I'm sure you already know this, but it is a good thing to know you can at least get pregnant and the dr's will just help getting it to stick. You  must have a very special baby waiting for you! Do you want us to call you renee or dreaming?

sherry: HURRAY! I'm so happy about the work change of your DH. That really brings a sigh of relief. I hope it's permanent. When you told me the hours I thought, geez, not only is it hard on the whole BDing and baby goal, but isn't it hard not to be together until the weekends? I hope it gives your egg time to hatch!

camdy: I'm sorry to hear about your dr visit but... you only need ONE!!! I hope that dominant follicle just steps up and grows up a bit! Just try to be positive. I think visualizations really help.

jenna: waiting to hear about your test!!!

all: lots of gassy  and bloating (btpiggy, is this a clomid effect?) last night and through the night. I know it's odd b/c I never have gas THROUGH the night. Also waking up so much more than normal. I had these symptoms last cycle too... not a fan of the bloating feeling! Hope everyone has a good day today :)
Hey everyone- so I took HPT when I woke up at 7 this morning and got a BFN~  Not sure what too think at the moment. Still have not gotten AF and boobs are still hurting. I am going to call RE on Monday and schedule to have a blood test done to confirm. I don't know if I tested too early or what. I ovulated on May 31st, so I would assume my AF should be starting by now, right?? Ugh, the frustration. I still have hope though bc I haven't started AF, so until I get my AF or blood test comes back negative I am gonna keep the hope alive!
I did have lots of bloating with clomid, not so much gas but I was constipated while I was on it, hopefully it will all be worth it for you!
Im so sorry girl that you got a BFN. I was really hopeful for you. Please let us know what your RE says. Hopefully it is just to early!

Dreamingofblue: Welcome! You have been through a lot.

All: Well, I don't have any symptoms really. Had a little minor cramping off and on but nothing to really to maek me think anything is going. I am now 5dpo and feeling tired but that is normal for me at this time. I am not sure when to even expect af because of O bing later this time. I am anxious to see a new Dr next week and see what happens there. I do have a question for you. My HCG and Progesterone test last month was not covered by my ins. Has anyone ever heard of that? I was really suprised by this.
Need a lot of support and this group is so good at it!  My sister is going to be induced Monday morning with her first child.  While I am so happy for her I am trying so hard not to be resentful.  She is 22 and not married and still living at home.  At the beginning of her pregnancy there was talk about maybe us adopting the baby but then she decided that she would try to care for it the best she could.  I am truly happy to have a nephew but Monday is going to be hard for me. It doesn't help any that I am taking my Clomid and I am extremly emotional anyway!

Dreaming:  Welcome this group is so supportive.
Jenna:  So sorry for your BFN.  Keep your hopes up.   Its not too late yet!
Sherry:  Hope you get your smilie face soon and very SSBD!
no smiley face today :( on cd 17.  So I guess I'll start bd'in this week starting tonight and hope i get the surge tomorrow
kcallihan: Good luck on Monday; what a difficult situation. We all know how the twinge of envy attacks, and especially b/c she's so young and your sister. But your baby is coming too and in the long run, your family will have fun all growing up together. I once said this on the thread but I don't think you were here yet, in traditional culture, the best fertility charm for a woman ttc was to give a gift to a newborn and new mother... try to look at it as strengthening your own blessing!

sherry: hmmm.. you were a little late last month too, so don't worry. It will come. Good idea to BD anyway! SSBD!! Are you testing twice a day? Or at least in the afternoons?

Jenna: It's early hun, but I'm still dissappointed for you. Damn. It's awful to see that lonely single line. It's a good sign not to have AF... perhaps your numbers were just below detecting? You still have time!

trying: i can't wait to hear about the new dr from vegas... I bet you'll have a really positive visit.

Hi all! Another restless night but tons of energy when I wake up... lots of lotion-y CM (LOTS) yesterday and today. Just enjoying the hope and fantasy... no room for doubt right now. I had a beautiful dream last night as well -- of holding my little angel and staring into her face. It was incredible. Have a good day all -- world cup + NBA game five!!!
ps. I made another outfit for baby yesterday, using this vintage embroidered linen that DH's grandmother gave to me last time I we were in Brazil visiting them. It's so beautiful. Maybe I'll post a pic!!!
testing first thing in the morning. I don't have anymore of the cheapies so only once a day.  I had to buy expensive ones :( im hopin it comes tomorrow
How long do you ladies keep bding after your surge? We were doing every other day til surge showed up friday, have done every day since then.

My surge showed up on Friday too! And I had my Dr. appointment that day. My OB said that every other day was enough, but if you felt you wanted to do it every day that would be good. Just don't need to do it more then once a day, it can actually deplete stuff. She also said to BD for about 3-4 days after your surge. Good luck!!!

Welcome Dreaming!! :)
Nazor, two or three days after should be good enough. I think I bd three days after and although it didnt work out in the long run, i did get preggo.

All, sorry i haven't been on here lately, but i did want to give an update before i disappear again. I had to do the shot on Thursday at 4:00. Sadest day of my life so far. About 12 hours later all the nasty side effects starting happening. I have been feeling absolutely terrible since then. Thank GOD my dh has been so supportive for me. The cramps, bleeding, nausea, tiredness, and general crappy feeling is way over rated and I am so ready to be done with it! But I leave in a few hours to go on vacation and spend some time with family. I might be able to check in once or twice in the next week, but dont worry if you dont hear from me. As of right now, i am feeling much better....actually i physically feel the best right now since the shot. I hope it stays this way.

ladies in the tww...sorry time is not moving very fast....this sure is a trial of patience for you! when you all plan on starting to test? good luck to you all...i will be praying for you!

and finally, welcome to our new group members...glad to have you with us!
amandamae- sorry for your awful week. Sounds like little vacation will be good for you. I hope you are able to really enjoy it. Thanks for the bding advice.

Lash17! We should be cycle buddies!!!! We bd on last time last night. Let's hope our waiting pays off this time!!!! Baby Dust to you!!!
Hey Everybody.. I've been gone for about two months, but I needed to take a break from all this ttc! Including thinking and talking about it. Well, it went okay, I tried my best but I couldn't keep from counting days and that but at least I wasn't so obsessive.. I also took a break from clomid and will pick back up again next cycle. I would truly recommend a break for those who have been trying for a couple months and this is all they can think about, it was refreshing not to have clomid side effects :)

Amanda, I'm sorry for what you had to go through, nobody should ever have to got through that, I'll keep you on my prayers. Have fun in your much needed vacation.

Anyway, like I said, I couldn't keep myself from counting days, but I wasn't so harsh on hubby about timing bding and all. For the last couple months my cycle had been 32 days steady.. last month I was on prochieve gel which delays my period and had a 37 day cycle. Today is day 41  for me, still no period but I tested Saturday and got a BFN.

Is it possible i can be pregnant? I don't want to call dr and make a big deal about it and then end up feeling dumb. I don't have any pregnant signs either but also have no cramps. A couple weeks ago I was craving random things like I never had before but it only happened like 3 or 4 times and that was it.
What do you guys think I should do?
Hey Ladies, I have been MIA for a couple of days, just getting myself together. I just feel like I am beating myself up after everything. But I am still feeling cramping..but AF is still late..one week today. I oed on May 22..so I THOUGHT I would have had AF come by herself this time. My cycles have been kida of crazy..coming whenever she wants to..so I am not sure. But I am happy to see we have new memebers..welcome.

lin_z_ttc1: I am glad to hear everything is going well. Don't forget about us..we love to hear the wonderful new and all of the progress that is happening.

amandamae1126: Hey girly! I am glad to hear that you are doing better. As you kow I know that you will have your days..but at the end of the day ur DH is supporting you and that is the best feeling in the world. You may have fealt like you let him down..(I know I did both times I m/c) but you have a good man for sticking in and supporting you. Have a wonderful time with the family! and keep up the positive mind.

owlbaby : you know what the say about dreams? when you are TTC..if they are vivid that is a good thing. Stay positive! and in good sprit! Have you put the pic up yet I would love to see it!

Well on Thursday I had a BFN! I have an appt on the 22nd. I dont know if I should take the provera to get AF started..or wait to see how the appt goes. I have been having ALOT cramping and headches and just last week my boobs have been getting sore. I think I am going to hold out of the provera for right now. And just see what happens. I really just don't want to having AF during the 4th of July. But the cramping is what is really bothering me. It dosen't feel "normal" not like AF cramps..and but it is all far past Ovulation cramps..and I took a OPK last week for the heck of it..and it was totally negitive. So now sure what to make out of it. Could it be cysts?

Happy Monday to all!!

Amanda: So good to hear from you! I hope your vacation goes well and you get some time to relax and regroup. You have been through so much the past couple of weeks!!!

Rain: I hope things start feeling better for you. Painful cramps are awful to go through. I would call my Dr and ask questions.

I am just 7dpo and my temp dropped today to the cover line. If it doesn't go back up tomorrow then I know this cycle was a bust. I am pretty sad over this. Last month it took so much longer to get my drop in temp so I am upset and frustrated. I am hoping for better news with new Dr this week.
Amanda I am sorry for what you have been through. I am glad you get to take a vacation. It will be good for you to get away. :)

well I'm on 12dpo so now it's more like a less than one week wait :). I really hope this works. I'll wait to test on Friday if af hasn't shown up. I figure we'd or Thursday she's due. So we will see. I've feel fine overall some cramping and weird pains below. Alittle lower back pain but boy have I been emotional. I saw my grandma yesterday and between seeing her and my aunt giving me a saint of pregnancy statue and prayer I just broke down crying. I don't just cry like that but I was just overwhelmed with emotion. So now that I think of it I hope that's a great sign :)

well I'm sorry for those who have gotten bfn. I hope people waiting to O get their + and good luck to those on the tww. It's a hard long wait!

Happy Monday everyone:)
well im on cd18 and still havn't seen a smiley face yet :( .  I have been testing first thing in morning but i think I will test this afternoon.  Im hoping i finally get it today. This is the last week my hubby is on days at work :(  so if this month is a bust then we will stop ttc for a while til we can figure somethin out.  I was using the cheapies for the past couple months so I was able to test 2 times a day but i was all out this month so i bought the CB digital.
Keep in mind they say LH surge usually takes place after 10 am so if you are testing earlier than that you may not catch it til the next morning. I personally do test 1st thing in the morning just because that is easiest for me but when I get to where I think I may get my + I start testing FMU and at 2pm. Past 2 months I have gotten a -opk in FMU and the a +opk the same day at 2pm.
wow...my boobs are soo sore! and heavy! I am hoping this means that AF is on her way..because I know if I am testing now..and it is coming back neg then more then likey it is a BFN! Not sure why it is taking so long for her to come...ummm
HAPPY  MONDAY ALL!

wantsmy1stbaby: Of course its possible! I have heard people who take a month off of clomid and thinking so much and get pregnant... I have also heard that the month you go off of clomid your period is delayed (cycle elongated)... so I'd just do the hard thing. Wait and See. At least for another week. Either you are pregnant or your AF will come, right?

rain: glad to hear from you! Hope your AF comes and relieves you of your sore bbs and cramps. Sounds like she's right around the corner. But I agree not to take provera just in case there's a growing bean in there...

trying: You've had an intuition about this cycle for a bit now... I'm sorry to hear your AF symptoms are showing up one by one. I really thought you had this month. :( I hope you're wrong, or at the very least, your new doctor will have a new attitude and method for you to try. I know how you must be feeling today -- just down and numb and frustrated and defeated all at once. Big hug lady. I still have hope for you...

carlis: sounds super good. You're really hanging without an AF yet... Good Luck! If you're on 12dpo, will you test sometime this week??? Which day do you think?

Sherry: Glad you got clear blue. Test in the afternoons like trying said. But i"m confused, I thought you said your DH got his work sched. extended for at least a few more weeks? The new one sounds SO hard. You guys will just be passing each other -- will you even see him until the weekends?

ALL: Are any of you on any pre-natal diets or supplements? I assume you're on pre-natal vitamins and omegas but I was just wondering how many of your doctors gave you any other guidelines? Anyone?

I've been trying to UP my protein intake and have a really healthy breakfast because it's my weak meal. I don't like eating in the morning. I wonder if when I'm preg. I'll wake up hungry. I  hope so because I have to force myself now.

Also what about caffeine for you ladies? Are you already off it completely?

Owl:   He will be on days for training so not sure how long - then he will go to nights.  I will only see him on fri and sat then:( so the ttc will be put on hold I guess if i don't get a bfp this month.
I do flinstone vitamins because 2 a day is equivalent to what you need in prenatals and prenatals have always made me sick. My Dr told me with my son this was great. I also have been doing the Omegas for about 3 months now.
As for protein, I am thinking you are a vegetarian? I know there are certain things you can do for that, a friend of mine who is a vegetarian gets recipes from a book that gives here some great ideas for protein especially now that she is pg.
As for caffiene, I was completely off for a month. This month I failed to follow through with that. I am again having a cup of coffee in the morning but nothing else. With my DS I quit shortly after I found out I was pg but had a soda once in a while. I didn't start drinking caffeine again until he was only nursing right before bed so I could feel sure it was out of my system.
Also, you will eat when you are pg, don't worry! I was hungry all the time and you usually fill up quickly but you will want to eat I am sure. I always had to have a glass a juice as soon as I woke up and sometimes even saltine crackers before I got out of bed or I would get sick.
OH MY GOSH!!!  So I couldn't sleep last night and I have been having some cramps and bloating and my boobs hurt so I deffinately thought af was just around the corner.  I decided to test this morning just to see and I got a BFP!!!!!!  I still can't believe it.  It has been a year and a half and I was starting to think it would never happen.  I am so excited and a little scared b/c I am having some mild cramping (does anyone know if that is ok?)  I have an appointment for blood test tomorrow so hopefully I will have good numbers.  I just cant believe this, I hope it is really true, I did not even take any clomid or anything this month, it just happened, I think, I am just too affraid to believe it yet.
owlbaby: I have been taking pre-natal vitamins ever since I have been TTC. I have heard of "diets" to boost your fertility. Since I am on Metformin now..I thought I would start to eat breakfast. And I CAN"T STAND eating early in the morning. I am trying to control my weight which is another reason why I am eating food that are healthy and that would allow my body to be prepare for a baby.  According to the U.S. Department of Health, they say that:  a woman’s body needs about 2,100 calories a day to function properly. Just before conception you should be consuming about 2,500 to 2,700 calories a day. And as far as proteins in your diet you should be eating  two hundred calories daily. Because this increase your developing baby’s birth weight and may protect you from premature delivery.  Also to add more complex carbohydrates such as whole grain breads, fruits, vegetables and pasta, while also reducing you intake of simple carbohydrates such as white bread, cake and sugary snacks. New studies have shown that this may promote more efficient functioning of neurotransmitters, the biochemical messenger that carry hormonal signals and other reproductive date from your brain to your body.

Carbohydrates: 45 to 55 % Recommended daily allowance: about 1,200 to 1,400 calories daily
Protein: 12 to 14% Recommended daily allowance: about 45-50 grams or 200calories daily
Fat: 30%  or less about 50 to 60 grams or 500 calories daily
Sodium: 1,000 to 3,000 mg daily
Cholesterol: 300 mg daily

btpiggy: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy and healthy 9 months to you!!! I hope you get great news! and let us know how things are going!
            ! ! ! ! ! ! ! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Are you just bursting with excitement??!!!! That is SO awesome! DPO 12 right? Thanks for sharing with us! When is your appointment? Have you told DH yet? What brand test did you use? Was it faint or really pink? I'm just SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

Thanks Rain and Trying for the nutrient advice. I'm actually right in the zone with the daily recs. you posted, so that makes me happy. Rain, I was a veggie, but started eating meat in December b/c I got cravings for steak (hadn't had any for seven years) -- now I eat fish and meat a few times a week, but continue with my normal beans and whole grains etc... I don't think I've had a sip of soda since I was 11 years old... and I don't like cake or white sugar or anything like that. My doc had me gain 5lbs to try to get my period back (I'm not super skinny, 5'4 and 112lbs -- I was around 107 before) -- I gained the weight just by adding a handful of Brazil nuts and two glasses of juice or kefir a day. I'm still drinking tea in the monring (one cup) and occasional latte (on weekends)... I have to eat my pre-natals with food or I feel sick too. Anyway... thanks ladies.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is EXTREMELY exciting, I'm so happy for you!!
For Vegetarian Diets and fertility, they say that if you are currently on a vegetarian diet, and careful meal planning is nescsary if you are trying to conceive and deliver a healthy child. Often vegetarian diets are low in calories and sometimes deficient in complete proteins both of which can lower conception odds. In addioion, stric vegetarian diets can sometimes lack four important fertility nutrients normally founds in meat, fish and poultry: zinc, Vit B, iron and folic acid. (thus be the reason why a pre-natal vit is good to be taking) Also to make your neg diet work for and not against your fertility TAKE THE PILLS! :)
In addition, to make a special effort to praise the protein levels of the foods you eat by mixing and matching, in as many meals as possible, complementary food sources from a complete balance...example would be: Legumes and grains, Legumes and nuts, or grains and dairy foods. Also you should simply eat more food, and more often. By increasing your intake of complex cardohydrates and grains you can add substantial carloies to your faily diet. Eating six or seven smaller meals a day can help you take in more calories than if you try to eat three large meals.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooooo excited for you!!!!
Keep us posted and let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  That is so exciting for all of us :)  Praying for a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

ALL ~ Still no sign of O for me :(  I'm starting to get pretty discouraged.
Yea!!  got my smiley face this afternoon :) looks like i'll be bd'in for the next few days

CONGRATS btpiggy :)  Exciting news.  All the best.

SSBD to all in their tww I'll be starting mine as well
Thanks guys for all of the congrats, dh was in the bathroom when I took the test this morning and I just started screaming, I used a digital clear blue test and it just poped up "pregnant" I made dh look at it and tell me what it said b/c I couldnt believe it then I just burst into tears, this was all happening while I was still sitting on the toilet with my pants down, not a pretty sight but I will remember it forever.  Dh is very excited, my appointment is tomorrow morning so I'm hoping for good news.  Good luck to all of you this cycle we need lots more BFPs this month!!!
Rain: Thanks, but like I said, I'm not a vegetarian anymore so I'm pretty good with my current protein levels. And of course I've been on omegas and pre-natals for the past year... but thanks for all the info.

Sherry: HURRAY!!! Good day for good news here! BD BD BD away!
btpiggy CONGRATULATIONS!!!  That is awesome!!!  Well I really hope I'll be joining you soon :-)

Sherry congrats on the + opk.  Have fun!!

So I have felt very weird today.  I felt very light headed, and really bloated and I totally felt like I had pregnancy brain today.  Someone told me something at work and I went back to my desk to research it and then went back to the person asking almost the same thing and she was like I already told you the answer.  I was oh I am so sorry you did.  Very weird but it's also Monday :-)  I did random stuff like that when I was pregnant.  This is hard because I have been pregnant so I feel I should know what it feels like.  However I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon so I wasn't looking for anything this early on.  I started to get a headache today and then felt some cramps which are usually signs af is coming.  So I guess I'll know in a few days.  I want to test so bad right now but would be so sad if I got another bfn :-(  so I am holding out.  i have to buy some tests so it helps not having them available right now.  

Well hope you guys are all having a great day!!!
WHOOO HOOOOOOOO YAYYY congrats!!!! Finally a BFP for the group... lol  

Still have not started AF yet. Called RE today and he said to wait until Tues or Wed to test since I ovulated on 31st-1st. (hopefully those 4 days will make a difference) So I will be taking another HPT on Wed morning and if it still says negative and I have not started AF then he wants to do the blood test. But def sounds like things are going good for the group here, lots of O and some good potential prego signs. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that we have a lot more BFP this month.
Not sure if tis the clomid or after my first child but I find sex to be very painful now.  Is it just me?  I finally got my pos opk so im bd'in the next 2 nights.

Happy bd'in everyone and lets get some more BFP's in here :)
Looks like you girls are on about the same CD as me, so hopefully we will have a few more BFPs in a few days, good luck girls.

Sherrycoup:  I had very painful sex with clomid b/c it hyperstimulates your ovaries and they produce multiple mature follicles so they get bigger than they normally would.  Just try some dif positions, that helped some for me.
It sounds like a lot of people are still waiting for that BFP, I am positive we will get a few more this month soon. I am out already at 8dpo. I am a wreck trying to come to terms with this though I didn't have much hope this month. I haven't felt many symptoms so had a feeling it wasn't going anywhere. My temp dropped below the coverline and since yesterday it dropped to the cover line I know it's over for me. Maybe I will get some good news from my new Dr this afternoon. It is going to be a long day of waiting.

Carlis: You are so strong to hold off testing. I would be going crazy!

Bt: I cannot wait to hear your results of appointment today!!!

Those who are still waiting.... SSBD!!!
Congrats btpiggy!!!

I still haven't had AF, I've had some mild cramps and keep thinking, ok, tomorrow is the day for sure, but still nothing. Wondering whether I should go in for a blood test or not...
I think we are all on the same boat! I have been having cramping..my breast are now KILLING ME, and I am having headaches. I dont think it is the Clomid because the cramping started after I oed, and well my breasts they started yesterday. To the point now I am like CUT THEM OFF!!!! And I keep preparing myself, bring pads with me and wearing clothes that I am confortable in...but NO! AF isn't here...I don't want to take another HPT again, because I took one on Thursday and I hate seeing just one line. So I guess I am going to get a bloodtest. Have you taken a HPT yet??

Fingers  N TOES Crossed!!!!!!!!!!
yes, I took an HPT last Saturday and one the Saturday before and it was BFN... I keep thinking it's coming and nothing. The way I feel today I want to say AF will show up FOR SURE tomorrow, but then again, I've been thinking that for over a week.. but I really think this time is for sure, cramps are a bit different today and have lower back pain. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and if I don't have it in the morning I'll go get a blood test. Doctor is not returning my calls though so it's a bit frustrating.
What day are you on today? How long do your cycles last normally? The longest I've had to wait was 38 days so I'm way past that already.
Ladies, wish me luck. I am starting round 2 of clomid 50mg dosage. I will go in for my follicle check next week friday. Until then and after, I need all your love and support and prayers. I don't know what I have done if I didn't have you all in my life for support. I am really emotional these days and praying to my Lord to give me strength.

His is the will, after all.

Thank you for all your love.

Pray earnestly for me.
Well my cycles have been very crazy! Anywhere from 32-39 days. I was suppose to start June 7th. I oed on May 22. But on the 26 I had some spotting? So not sure what that was from. So I am about 10 late...BFN on the 10th. Really not sure....I have been cramping with lower pain back and hip pain for a couple of weeks. So I keep thinking she is coming but not sure. Do you take provera to get AF started???
I guess we're pretty close, I was supposed to start June 6th (that's counting on a 32 day cycle as that's how it normally lasts) I didn't have any spotting or anything. I am taking a break from Clomid so I should be drug-free this cycle. I took clomid and prochieve the cycle before. I've never taken provera to get AF started bc it's never been this long. So I'm not sure. I am also scared to take some bc what if I'm pg? I feel like even if I get a blood test and it comes back negative I won't know for sure until I get AF on its own or an ultrasound.. but I don't think my doctor feels the same way. They haven't suggested provera, they just said to wait until it comes but that was on Friday, the last time I talked to them.
I hate it bc the longer AF takes to show up the more hope I get about being pregnant. Then I start fantasizing about it which means it will be even more heart breaking to get AF. But I'm just so ready to find out either way. I would love being pregnant, it would so perfect timing too, I'll see my parents who live in Mexico over the 4th of July weekend. It would be their first grandchild so I day dream about being able to tell them in person instead of over the phone.. it would be sooo perfect.

When are you getting your blood work done? Have you talked to your doctor?
Good luck on your second round of Clomid! I will be starting my 2nd round as soon as I get AF, IF i get it that is. My first round was 50mg but Dr decided I should take 100mgs next round.
Woke up this morning and started AF! UGH  Not the news I was hoping for.... Called the dr. I have an appt on Thu to have my 3rd day ultrasound. At that point he will decide if I should do more hormone shots w trigger shots or if I will move to IVF. How long will this punishment last....
Im so sorry af showed up today. I think I will be right behind you now like maybe thursday or friday. Well, SSBD to you for the next cycle and whatever it may bring. Was this round 2 of clomid for you?
I'm sorry, I think we all know the feeling. If it helps at all, I was reading one of my daily blogs today, just a design blog but she had this post and while she was talking about actually going into labor, I think we can all benefit from the verse she listed there. It made me feel a BIT more calm to stop and think that it will all come together at HIS time not mine. I often forget this. http://jonesdesigncompany.com/baby/do-not-be-anxious/
Hey ladies - just want to introduce myself. I have been meaning to do it for a while but now I am officially joining you girls.

Here is my history - Had a healthy child 7 years ago by natural pregnancy. In the last 5 years, I have been pregnant 2 times and miscarried at 5 weeks. Ran tons of tests and the closest thing doctors can think of is a hormonal imbalance. Everything looks good for the most part but I am slightly overweight, so I MAY have slight pcos symptoms. No cysts.

FSH, Thyroid everything looks good. So, after no luck in trying on my own, I opted for clomid to restart my cycles. I have been irregular but I do have a period every month and longer cycles.

First month on clomid - 50mg
a) shorter cycle
b) opk positive on cd 17
c) follicle size was 16mm on cd 16
d) uterine lining was 6.8mm (thinner)
e) Cd 31 progesterone test was 0.6 (low)

So, this is where I am at currently. AF did show up after first cycle on clomid but was only 3 days long at the most. I am now at day 5 starting round 2 of clomid. Wish me luck and please please pray for me. This has been a really long journey for me and I am always thinking of giving up but something makes me pick up and move forward. I pray a lot and have been getting very good dreams. That is my only saving grace.

I just need to hear tons of positive stories to keep me motivated, especially of those on clomid. I pray that I too will share good news with you soon. God bless..
No I did 2 rounds of clomid already, and neither round even made me ovulate. I could not do any more clomid bc I have endometreosis. So then my RE put me on Menopur shots in my stomach every night which I had to do 2 rounds of to get my follicles where they needed to be. (And that was $800.00, just for the actual shots) lol  Then once my follicles got to where they needed to be from the week and half of nightly shots then gave me a trigger HCG shot to start ovulation. Then I O'd on 31st and was hoping for a pregnancy this month, but that didnt happen.  So I will either go on another round of shots again or I guess start the process of IVF or IUI.

But thx for the supportive words ladies. Trying I hope you DO NOT get AF and get a BFP this month!!! heheehe  And loved the blog wanting1st, it did make me see a different angle.

XOXO
Thanks for the support but had a 2 day drop in temp already so I am done this month. I also have endo... great to have someone to compare notes with! I haven't been to an RE yet. Its been a long process for me. My endo has been pretty inactive or so I thought. I had it real bad a few years ago and did all the treatments for it. I then couldn't get pg and when I did I mc. Then 3 yrs later I got pg and found out when I got referred to the RE. Endo came back again but was able to get pg again after 14 months and mc again. Now it has been 10 months and still no more BFPs. I have had to change Drs twice due to moving so now I am going to start seeing Dr 3 today. I was told 1 round of clomid, then 3 rounds so I have no idea what to expect next. I was told if it is the endo stopping the process then IVF is my next option. I just worry that with the mc that I will pay to have it all done and then mc anyway. Have you ever been able to get pg?
I finally got a call from Dr and she said to wait until day 50 and if I still don't have AF then I need to start provera. I will have some blood work done the day before just to make sure I'm not pregnant. Dr also prescribed metformin and I will start taking that today. When af comes I'll take 100mg of Clomid cd5-cd9.

Has anybody taken metformin? what are the side effects? does it work?
wait til day 50??  that seems long.   I don;t take metformin but I know some ppl who do.  Its very hard on your stomach apparently but it does help
yes, til day 50! I asked her if I could just go ahead and get the blood work in and if it was negative just go ahead and take provera, but the nurse said NO, that the DR wanted me to wait longer.
I don't really know how I feel right now. I dont want to put myself through yet, another drug and it's side effects..
Okay so I just got the results of my blood work and it said no ovulation :( It is just so confusing because I had the EWCM and on cd20 I got the + on my opk. That is also the same day I had my blood work. So now she is upping me to 100mg of clomid this cycle. So hopefully AF comes sooner then later. I almost feel like I don't even want to use the opk again.
wants ~ I take metformin.  At first I had diarhea (diarrhea) really bad and stomach cramps so I started taking it just at breakfast until my stomach got used to it.  Then I started taking one at supper.  The s/e really only lasted a week or so and now I don't even realize I'm taking it unless I just eat a really small breakfast or eat something greasy or fattening.  Just make sure you don't skip doses.

Lash ~ I think I'm in the same boat as you :(  My follicle study showed no mature follicles and I still haven't ovulated.  I was trying to stay optimistic b/c it did show there was one that was a little bigger than the rest, but so far, only -OPK.  I go in Saturday for my CD21 bloodwork.

Mango ~ Welcome to our group!  These girls are amazing - an awesome group for encouragement or just to vent!  We understand :)  Your first cycle looks a lot like mine!  Good luck and lots of prayers :)
Nope, never have even gotten prego...
So it sounds like we've had a few disappointing blows today. :(

jenna: so sorry, really was thinking you might have it after the shots you went through and all. Do you feel like this AF is much heavier b/c of all that?

camdy: Hope your bloodwork gives you some positive news. It might just take a few rounds of clomid to get your follicles up and running. Hang in there :)  

lash: that is so crazy. I can't believe it b/c your ewcm and opk was timed all perfectly together... how could that be?! How confusing and frustrating.  I hope the 100 works better for you, and just pushes you over the edge with eggs!

wants: day 50?! Are they just seeing if your body can start on its own? That seems really long.. I'm surprised b/c usually western docs are really quick to push the meds to speed things up. I hope you can get a better explanation so you feel more at ease with the decision. My one 90 day cycle had me going nuts, the longer it went on the more I was convinced I was preg.... I know how you feel (just wanting to know either way).

mango: welcome! :) your story sounds a little like mine... opted to take clomid b/c things just seemed not to be hapening on my own, though I O'ed on my own and got my AF to return... my cycles had been long though 40 days... now I'm on 2nd cycle of clomid and I've felt it's been much better this month. Hoping for good news soon!
It is so confusing. What I don't understand is how in my blood test it can say that I did not ovulate. I feel like of course it didn't say I Oed because at that point I hadn't. After my blood test later that afternoon is when I got the + on my OPK, which then you O 12-48 hours after that. So I guess I just don't understand the blood test. I think deep down inside I am hoping it's wrong.

I am on cd 24 and am feeling very bloated, with some stomach cramping. It's a different kind of cramping though it's like my stomach feels tired, like I did a bunch of sit - ups. I am pretty sure that is a common side effect of the clomid.

Everyone - Those of you that have done more then one round of clomid and increased it...Did you have more side effects with the increase?

Baby dust to all!! :)
well I finally started the tww.....  this is the worst part.  At least Im on hoildays next week trying to keep my 4 yr old active or I'd go nuts.  Today is our anniversary - weird that O happened right at that timing  :)  I'll take it as a good sign :)  Happy Bdin all and ssbd to all in theit tww
So AF didn't show up? Well no sign on AF right now..so I guess I will just wait until the 22nd(which is my doc appt) to get some test done. So I guess all this goes back to my question...I thought when you get a positive opk/bloodwork your AF was suppose to come natural. Well I know I did O last month..but AF still hasn't come. When I spoke with my doc she asked me why I would want Af to come if I bleed for like 16 days last month. I told her the truth! My clock is ticking..and the longer I wait for AF to show up...my days are passing to have a baby!! that is how I feel! I don't want to take the provera yet (and funny she told you that because didn't we just talk about this yesterday) because I feel like AF is coming, lower back pain, headaches, hip pain, sore breasts, cramps ext. I think i may chill out on CLOMID this month. I am on Metformin, and I have been on it since May 5th. And I feel great. Like camdynrae said it does have it side effects which arn't so pleasent, but I have heard it works wonders for people. I hope we are some of those lucky people!!

I hope AF would come...or I get another sign of Prego!
Sherry: I am confused on that too. My Dr wants to do my test on CD 14 to check my lh leel and fmh level? I said I haven't been O til like CD18-20 though and she said that my tests are wrong... very confusing!

Well, had an interesting Dr appt yesterday and looks like we are going to do the HSG and test for PCOS. She said she want to find out what is going on and why I mc so it is nice to have someone aggressively testing me.

Anyone go from 100mg to 150mg of clomid?
Hi everyone, I am sorry to hear that it sounds like everyone is having such a hard time this month.  I am keeping all of you in my prayers, this is the hardest thing a lot of us will have to go through and I just try to remember that it is in Gods hands and God does answer prayers.

Lash:  I def had more symptoms with higher doses of clomid and the got worse with each successive round of clomid, I took it for 5 cycles, and the worst part is that even when you stop taking it you can still have symptoms for up to 8 weeks after your last dose.

I went to the doc yesterday and don't really have any news, I just had blood work and a pap, I have to go back tomorrow for another beta HCG to see if the numbers are going up then I will know things are happening, fingers crossed.  Unfortunately I wont get any results til Friday and it is killing me.  I am overanalyzing every symptom and so worried, I am even having trouble sleeping b/c I'm so stressed and I know that is bad but I just can't help it.  I wish that I could just skip ahead to Friday, this whole process is all about waiting and I am not good at that.  I love to walk outside and the doc told me that I can't do that anymore b/c it is too hot outside.  Now I have to find some other way to relax and vent stress.
I am glad that you are happy with your new doctor.  It is always nice to know that our money is going to a good doc that will listen, and help us with the problems we are having. When or did you already do the bloodwork? Is she also doing an U/S? I have gone from 100mg to 150mg. I Oed on 150mg. I have a question.. why did she say that the test were wrong? Because of the poss PCOS? Clomid is suppose to make women O a litte later then normal..CD 16-22. I have read that and have heard that before. I know that OPK kits themselves have it written on the box that women with PCOS or taking feritilty medications are advice to speak to their docs because we have a natural high level on LH in our bodies. BUT i say that if I take a test right now it will come out negitive, I have always wanted to ask a doc why do they say not to test with first morning urine. I mean I played around and tested in the morning ALWAYS came out positive. (last month was my first time testing) but once I just stop test in the morning and just tested in the afternoon I didn't see pos in the afternoon urine after I know I already Oed.
No AF yet.. I was SURE it was going to come today haha..
I know what you mean, that's just how I feel, I just want to get it over with and I'm ok with AF coming but I don't want to wait another week for it to come, if I'm not pregnant I just want to take the provera and start my next cycle. I told the nurse this, and she said, NO, the doctor want you to wait until next week. I have a lab appointment on the 21st for blood work but I won't see my doctor. If it comes back negative I'll start provera on the 22nd.

Since you're on metformin, would you recommend taking a day off work the first day I take it or at least work from home? I don't want to be at work and be running to the restroom and feeling sick and all that.

I hope we both either find out we're pregnant!!!! or at least get AF on its own before next week!
Sherry, Happy Anniversary!! I hope your tww goes by quickly!

btpiggy, everything will be fine! I guess no matter where we're there's always something we have to wait for and be anxious about.

Lash17, the day 21 test should be done around 7 dpo, so if you had it before that it could be negative even though you ovulated. Most doctors want to schedule the test on day 21 of your cycle assuming your cycle is regular and that you will ovulate day 14, if you ovulated later then the blood work on day 21 won't pick it up.

RainLos27, I don't know for sure if I ovulated this month, I didn;t take clomid/OPK/or blood work..  I did have ovulation pain, as I always do.. I actually asked the nurse about that and she said sometimes I can feel ovulation pain but I might not be Oing right or soemthing like that.

Nice to have someone around my cycle, and we are having some of the similar problems. Well no AF here yet either! And I am just waiting and waiting. It is sad to say that I would be happy to see AF. I am having another test (MAYBE) on Thursday or Friday. But I already got a BFN so I don't want to keep wasting $$$ (darn things cost so much) I keep looking at my Provera bottle and I am like should I?? But not going to take any chance! I just hate about Clomid leaves you with the side effects. But I just really started having most of the side effects within the past couple of days that point to either AF or Prego. RRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I wish I could sit and give hubby a "father's day present", hey we having a baby" would be so nice!!!!

Metformin: Everyone is different but I mean I wouldn't change your whole life around just cause of the pills. I would say just to follow the docs advice. Not to eat greasy foods and stuff with ALOT of sugar. BY THE WAY: why did she put you on Meformin? Was is because of recent A1C levels or was it because everything is pointing to PCOS? It really has nasty side effects. And i HATED when I first started..I don't like using public restrooms or work bathrooms like I do my own hoe one. TMI! sorry! How do you have to take it? I am taking 500mg 2 times daily. I think they maybe uping it this month.

You test the 21st and I am testing 22nd....I am going to pray that everything is OK and that we get some good news, even if it mean Not pregnet..we get to try again!

OH! by the way! I have heard alot! of successful women who have taken Clomid and Metformin together. Women who don't O on Clomid alone with with Metformin and Clomid!!

SSDB!
wantmyfirstbaby!!  Thanks its our 3rd anniversary  and my two peak days were monday and tues(yesterday) so I hope that brings me luck.  This is also my third round of clomid!!! I hope this is a sign.  As my hubby is starting on nights next week I wasn't going to try a 4th round but "if" i have a 34day cycle like last month that would bring me to peak days on the weekend July 17/18!! So I might give it a try depending on what my cycle ends up being this month OR I get preggy and don't have to think about it anymore  Either way im in good spirits and looking forward to taking a vacation next week.
MOrning ladies. Well I'm on 14 dpo and still no AF. So I'm getting alittLe excited. Last month I had a 35 day cycle and today is cd32 but I O'd earlier this month by 3 days. Last month on 14dpo I started spotting and not sure if I had cramps but my boobs were sore. I don't have any of that today. So not sure if that's good or bad. I have felt light headed the past two days. I fell asleep yesterday at 5:30 for an hour I was so tired. But I'm always tired and I have been tossing and turning at night the past few nights so I'm just tired. I definitely feel different this month over last month. But it could be the hormones. I'm still getting hot flashes. So I need good thoughts my way. I'm still holding out testing because I want to make sure I have missed af. I don't think I can take another bfn. I really hope this is my month

hope you are all doing well !!!!!
Viewing 1001-1200 comments: