Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What do you think about PGD testing?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

What do you think about PGD testing?

Hi we're about to start our 3rd IVF and our doctor talked to us about PGD testing which is to test if the embryos are chromosomacally normal. They say it also increases the chances of pregnancy since they will know which is the best quality embryo to put back in. Has anyone done this and what can you tell me about it?

Thank you in advance!
I haven't done it, I did consider it once. In my opinion, it's expensive, and it doesn't guarantee a pregnancy. Sorry for being negative here.
Thank you! Yes they said that but it will increase the chances according to them. What we're most concern about is a birth defect like Down syndrome as someone in my husbands family has it.