Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What does Clomid Help, and who can prescribe it??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I posted something yesterday afternoon, and I didn't get a response. I think I made my post too wordy :P Is my regular OB/GYN able to prescribe Clomid for me, and would Clomid be able to help regulate my periods, or at least ovulations? Since my miscarriage in May, I've only had two cycles, and between my Ectopic and pregnancy in May, I only had two cycles.
defini. speak to ur OB/GYN about it. Clomid is usually prescribed to women who can not ovulate on their own, however I've heard it has been prescribed to some others that do ovulate, for what? I dont know. But ask ur dr and good luck!
Yes, it sounds like you're having some annovulatory cycles, so clomid will help with that. If your obgyn balks at the idea, ask him/her to do a mid luteal phase progesterone test (done one week post ovualation) to see if you are ovulating on your own. If the level is less than 10, then you're probably not ovulating.
My cycles have never been very regular. They seem to be getting further and further apart, though. So, my regular OB/GYN can prescribe Clomid? I have an appointment to see him on the 27th of this month. I've been charting this month for the first time. So far, I'm on CD21, and no Ovulation! :-/
Another question... With my last pregnancy, the one that ended in miscarriage, I bled through out almost the entire pregnancy. Can't low progesterone levels cause this? I asked my doctor to test before I lost the baby, and I couldn't get him to test my progesterone levels, he said there was no need. I have a cousin that has had three miscarriages due to low progesterone, can this be hereditary? I've heard that it can be. I'm sorry for all of the questions. I just really want a child, and all of these things are unfamilliar to me.
Thank you guys!
I'm wondering, when is a cycle considered annovulatory? Is that just when there is no ovulation between periods? I'm having a period approx. every two and a half months.. could it be that I'm just skipping periods? Does that make sense? Perhaps that would be considered like two cycles with no ovulation between, and no period? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm still learning all of this stuff. My doc. doesn't tell me much, other than I shouldn't be so worried about having children yet, my DH and I are still young. :(
Ok, so this is CD21, and still no ovulation.. I suppose I can at least be thankful that I've been charting this month, so I know at CD28, not to go stock up on pregnancy tests again ;)
Oh, good for you for charting. Take your charts with you when you see your obgyn. That way, he can see that you have some annovulatory cycles.
I have had regular cycles and my OBGYN prescribed clomid to me b/c I haven't gotten pregnant since ttc 16 months ago. This is my first month on it and she took an u/s to see if I was O on the 14th day and I didn't. Then I had blood work on the 21st of cycle to make sure I O and haven't gotten the results yet.
Generally speaking, you can have a period without ovulating, but you can't ovulate without a period following. Does that make sense. So, when you have AF, that probably means you ovulated that cycle. When you skip AF, it's likely because that was an annovulatory cycle. Continue to chart your temps, because that will let you know for certain how often you are O'ing.