Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What if you just don't ovulate??? How do you make your body do wha...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

What if you just don't ovulate??? How do you make your body do what you want? PLEASE HELP, I'M SO FRUSTRATED!

I am a young mother of a healthy 4-year-old girl, and we have been ready for another member of the family for about 6 months now. After a few months with no luck I decided to take an ovulation test every day (literally), just to be more accurate. Since we started trying, I have not ovulated once, nor have I had a period. Normally I only have about 4 periods every year, which last for about 3-5 days each. I was on Errin birth control, a "mini pill" for two years but have been off the pill for about 6 months now.

Counter-intuitively, it seems that generally when I exercise more I have fewer cycles. Should I stop exercising as much? What are the causes of lack of ovulation? Could this be due to stress? Exercise? The "mini-pill?" How do I fix it? I had no trouble with the first one - why is it different now???

PLEASE help if you can! I'm getting so frustrated! Thank you....
Excessive exercising can cause anovulation and lack of menstruation, so can stress and being underweight. It can also take a while for your body to get back on track after being on birth control. Maybe you could try to cut back a little on the exercise and give it a few more months to see if your cycles regulate again. If they don't, I would set up an appointment with a doctor to see if there is anything else that may cause this, like PCOS. There are medications you could take that will help your body ovulate. Best of luck to you!!!
Don't necessarily go by what the opk's say.  It's possible you're not ovulating, but if you suspect you're not, you should go to the doctor.  they can check your hormone levels, which is a more accurate way of determining if you are ovulating.  Also, if you are not ovulating, your doctor can presscribe something to make you ovulate.  Exercise is moderation is good for you....of you are exercising to the point where your cycles get messed up, then it sounds like you are overexercising.  good luck
MY Re made me stop doing aerobic exercise due to the release of stress hormones.  He says walk and lift weights as much as I want. but lay off the intense stuff.  
Also, Clomid is a commonly prescribed drug that helps the body to ovulate.
Depending on your age, your Dr. may want to go ahead and start running tests.
Is all this the same as trying after soo ma.y years and stil no pregnancy??? Please help...