What's the difference between progesterone suppositories and the shots?
I am doing ivf - transfer is on thurs. Dr has me on the suppositories - one in the am and one in the pm. I keep reading about others doing the shots. What's more effective? I hate the suppositories, I feel like half of it comes out in the course of the day.
I think the suppositories are better .. even though they might not feel like it! I have done both and while the shots are less frequent, they raise your serum progesterone and hcg levels so you have to wait longer to get an accurate positive.

the suppositories let your body get on with producing progesterone without affecting your serum levels, they just support the process.  they are a bit messy and expect quite a few pregnancy symptoms with them but they won't interfere with you BT result.

good luck with your transfer ... how exciting!!
I've done both.  I disagree with tones99- sorry.  The suppositories are messy and can be less effective than daily shots since the medication can come out.  The shots are daily in the evening intramuscular (on your upper part of the butt).  The shots can get old after a while (I'm on week 10 of daily shots) but I would not change it for the suppositories. The discomfort of the suppositories for me was unbearable.  The shots go directly into your muscles and the medication gets disbursed timely. All results are accurate and timely.  I never had a problem with my HCG or progesterone levels.

The cost for the shots vs the suppositories is something you want to look at.  My insurance covers the suppositories but no the oil.  I pay about $40 per vial for 10 days.  

Good luck to you!