What's the difference of taking Clomid on CD 3-7 and CD 5-9?
I will be taking my second round of Clomid this month.  I took it last month on CD 5-9.  I am just curious...what is the difference of taking it on CD 3-7?  Will that make me ovulate sooner?  And another thing...I will be doing my BBT also.  My basal thermometer shows four digits.  Should I round the last two digits off?  For example:  97.59 will be 97.6?  Thanks a bunch! :-)
Not sure about the temp part of your question, but my gyn told me that the reason she has me on clomid cd 2-6 is so that it has less of an effect on my cm. She thinks if I was on it cd's 5-9 it would have more of an effect on my estrogen levels and therefore have more of an impact on cm. I assume that you would ovulate earlier, but I'm not 100% sure since I dont chart or anything. Sorry I couldnt be of more help. Good luck.
My doctor said there was a higher likelihood of mulitples on 3-7.  I also don't get trigger shots on 5-9...so who knows?
My RE switched me from CD5-9 to CD3-7.  He never really stated why except that he always did days 3-7 vs. my ob/gyn who does days 5-9. I had been on clomid for 7 months prior to the switch with no results.  I would ovulate some months and not others on the same dosage.  However, the month he switched me, I got a +OPK on CD12 (the earliest ever) and had IUI on CD13 and got pg with twins!  From my reading, CD3-7 makes you more likely to produce more follicles, which apparently I did.  I am 16 wks today.  Hope this helps.
I believe on the temps you're suppose to round down so that would be 97.5  so as to not give yourself a false high temp.  but don't quote me but try going to webwomb.com and it gives alot of good info on BB Temping  and the clomid days I think has to do with how your mens. cycle it.  I'm taking 3-9
I ovulated 5 days early when i did days 3-7 this cycle! 2nd round for me, and i did 5-7 last month. i changed myself to 3-7 just to do it because all my friends had done so and gotten BFP's...but we are all made different so who knows! i wish i could be of more help.

waitin on a BFP! hope u get one soon!
You infos are all very helpful guys! Thanks a lot!  I'm on the phone now with my OB/GYN, actually, I'm on hold.  I will try to ask the nurse on duty of putting me on CD 3-7.  Today is CD 3 for me.  So, I'll probably start today...hehe!  If I will get a chance of having twins--THAT'S EVEN BETTER!! hehe!  My husband and I want to have twins! hehe!  But of course, it's up to the BIG GUY up there to decide how much he will give us.  Thanks for the info again! :-)
I heard that if you take Clomid on days CD3-7 you will produce more follicles, more chances of concieving, however on days 5-9 it may be fewer follicles but better quality follicles - so it's a quantity vs. quality issue - it could go either way as far as your chances.
So I wonder what's the purpose of 3-9  that's what my RE is having me do.
the earlier you start clomid the more follies you get and bigger...at least that is my understanding.  i actually took it day 2-6.  good luck and super sticky baby dust
So you are taking 7 pills?  I've never heard of anyone taking clomid more than 5 days(?)  Maybe you will get quality and quantity out of it!
Actually I took 14 last month  2 a day for 7 day and this month I'm going to be taking 21, 3 pills 7 days......don't know but heck with that many surely I'll get something out of it.
I started my second cycle of Clomid yesterday.  I got disappointed because they gave me 50 mg only and still start on days 5-9.  I was not able to talk to the nurse nor the doctor because they were busy.  I am getting frustrated with them...but if this won't work this month again, I will see an RE.  I have also been starting to chart and do OPKs.  I cheated...I started yesterday (which was CD 3) and I will finish taking it on CD 7.  hehe!