FERTILITY / INFERTILITY / IVF
COMMUNITY
When does the embryo implant and how does it feel?
by Lilamy, Jun 28, 2011
Hi.  I had my day 3 et today. I'm curious to know when the embryo will implant into my lining. and how does it feel?  Is there anything I can eat or do to give it a higher chance of implantation? 3 unsuccessful iuis. First ivf, 7 retrieved, 1 fertilized, 1 fertilized with icsi, 2 transferred.

Thank you for being there :)
Member Comments (83)
by Kristine26, Jun 28, 2011
Avoid !caffine and stress! You dont really feel it you can get mild cramping and spotting 6 to 12 days later
Lots of sticky babby dust
by GrowBabyFuller, Jun 28, 2011
Hello!!!  I am not a dr but I am in my 2nd IVF cycle and that is a question that I have researched fervently.  :)  It takes 5 days for the egg to turn into a blastocyst and from there it takes anywhere from 1-4 days to hatch and implant so you should experience implantation within the next 3-6 days if you did a day 3 transfer.  I wish you the best of luck too!!!!  Hang in there!!!    I know the 2ww is a frustrating situation.
by Lilamy, Jun 28, 2011
Thanks both so much!! I plan to work from home this week and take it easy through the July 4th holiday weekend. I just found this on a site

3-Day Transfer
Days Past 

Transfer (DPT)  Embryo Development
 One The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 Two The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 Three The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 Four The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 Five The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 Six Implantation continues
 Seven Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 Eight Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 Nine Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 Ten Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 Eleven Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

by GrowBabyFuller, Jun 28, 2011
You are most welcome.  I like this chart though since it breaks it all the way down to the hcg secretion days and all.  :D  Mine is a little different because I had a Day 5 transfer.  I had a little less time to wait.  Mine was a full blown blastocyst when it was transfered so if I go by this chart I should be having hcg secreted which means I could take an hpt but I refuse.  lol.  I only have 2 more days to wait so I'm gonna do just that.  Best of luck guys!!!!  I haven't had any spotting or pregnancy symptoms but after reading through multiple forums of success stories that doesn't count me out.  I found a really great site strictly about IVF also.  It's called IVFconnections.com.  It has a wealth of information.  It has information on what not to do until when and what you can do to keep your body in the best possible place to embrace implantation.  It's a good thing you are working from home also.  The least amount of stress is said to be great.  Also...I have heard great things about meditation and accupuncture as well.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
by worththewait78, Jul 01, 2011
Looks like you already found a post similar to this.  But this info helped me a lot when I was waiting and wondering (and worrying!) after my FET:

What Happens After an Embryo Transfer?
Once you complete your embryo transfer, you will have approximately 1½ weeks to wait before a pregnancy can be detected. The following tables outline an approximate timeline for what happens during a successful pregnancy after a 3-day transfer (3dt) and a 5-day transfer (5dt).

3-Day Transfer

One
The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula

Two
The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst

Three
The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell

Four
The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus

Five
The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation

Six
Implantation continues

Seven
Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop

Eight
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream

Nine
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted

Ten

Eleven
Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

5-Day Transfer

One

Two

Three

Four
Implantation continues

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Also, FYI, I didn't "feel" anything when my embryo implanted.  And in fact, I didn't get any pregnancy symptoms until I was about 5 weeks along.  So don't be alarmed or worried if you don't feel anything at first.  I'm now 21 weeks pregnant so it's all possible!

Miracles and baby dust to all!
by GrowBabyFuller, Jul 02, 2011
I am glad you let us know you didn't have the implantation pains and spotting and that you didn't have pregnancy symptoms.  I actually just had my BETA on Thursday and which would have been day 8 on this chart.  It was a BFP!!!!! :)  The hcg levels were low though but I took an hpt to see if the levels were rising up to detect in urine and it definitely was.   Another BFP!!!!  Yayyyyyy!!!!  and....I still have very mild symptoms at this point.  I am 10dp5dt and I have frequent urination and fatigue.  That's about it.  :D  It's good to know that doesn't make my pregnancy weird at all.  lol.  Wish you the best with your pregnancy!!!!!  Happy Motherhood!!!!!!!!
by GrowBabyFuller, Jul 02, 2011
I didn't feel anything but a little lower back pain (in which I still feel) and I just found out Thursday that I am definitely pregnant so....hang on in there lady!!!!!  It's gonna be worth all the struggle and anxiety when you get that good news.  :)
by powerful5, Jul 03, 2011
I didnt feel anything at all. I bought HPT all were negative. Went to the doctor and it was BFP. I am 9 weeks and a couple of days.

I eat fresh pineapple, I read it help. Dont know how true, but i was willing to try anything. I also did accupunture.  Prays and baby dust to all
by Lilamy, Jul 03, 2011
Thanks all for the hopeful stories. I had pains after the transfer up to 4 days after. Today is day 5 post transfer and feeling better. As I wait for my first beta.  Thanks!!!