Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
When does the embryo implant and how does it feel?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi.  I had my day 3 et today. I'm curious to know when the embryo will implant into my lining. and how does it feel?  Is there anything I can eat or do to give it a higher chance of implantation? 3 unsuccessful iuis. First ivf, 7 retrieved, 1 fertilized, 1 fertilized with icsi, 2 transferred.

Thank you for being there :)
  • ivf (7 replies):
    its me lateace should i take another test and if so whe...[more]
  • 3 day transfer (10 replies):
    How soon can you test after a 3 day embryo transfer? My ...[more]
  • HPT (2 replies):
    How long after embryo transfer can you take a HPT for ac...[more]
  • pregnancy test (3 replies):
    Is it possible to have a negative urine pregnancy test a...[more]
  • hpt to soon? (6 replies):
    I had day 5 blast et on 5-8-11. Took hpt on 5-11 and it...[more]
Avoid !caffine and stress! You dont really feel it you can get mild cramping and spotting 6 to 12 days later
Lots of sticky babby dust
Hello!!!  I am not a dr but I am in my 2nd IVF cycle and that is a question that I have researched fervently.  :)  It takes 5 days for the egg to turn into a blastocyst and from there it takes anywhere from 1-4 days to hatch and implant so you should experience implantation within the next 3-6 days if you did a day 3 transfer.  I wish you the best of luck too!!!!  Hang in there!!!    I know the 2ww is a frustrating situation.
Thanks both so much!! I plan to work from home this week and take it easy through the July 4th holiday weekend. I just found this on a site

3-Day Transfer
Days Past 

Transfer (DPT)  Embryo Development
 One The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 Two The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 Three The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 Four The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 Five The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 Six Implantation continues
 Seven Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 Eight Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 Nine Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 Ten Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 Eleven Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

You are most welcome.  I like this chart though since it breaks it all the way down to the hcg secretion days and all.  :D  Mine is a little different because I had a Day 5 transfer.  I had a little less time to wait.  Mine was a full blown blastocyst when it was transfered so if I go by this chart I should be having hcg secreted which means I could take an hpt but I refuse.  lol.  I only have 2 more days to wait so I'm gonna do just that.  Best of luck guys!!!!  I haven't had any spotting or pregnancy symptoms but after reading through multiple forums of success stories that doesn't count me out.  I found a really great site strictly about IVF also.  It's called IVFconnections.com.  It has a wealth of information.  It has information on what not to do until when and what you can do to keep your body in the best possible place to embrace implantation.  It's a good thing you are working from home also.  The least amount of stress is said to be great.  Also...I have heard great things about meditation and accupuncture as well.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Looks like you already found a post similar to this.  But this info helped me a lot when I was waiting and wondering (and worrying!) after my FET:

What Happens After an Embryo Transfer?
Once you complete your embryo transfer, you will have approximately 1½ weeks to wait before a pregnancy can be detected. The following tables outline an approximate timeline for what happens during a successful pregnancy after a 3-day transfer (3dt) and a 5-day transfer (5dt).

3-Day Transfer

One
The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula

Two
The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst

Three
The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell

Four
The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus

Five
The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation

Six
Implantation continues

Seven
Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop

Eight
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream

Nine
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted

Ten

Eleven
Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

5-Day Transfer

One

Two

Three

Four
Implantation continues

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Also, FYI, I didn't "feel" anything when my embryo implanted.  And in fact, I didn't get any pregnancy symptoms until I was about 5 weeks along.  So don't be alarmed or worried if you don't feel anything at first.  I'm now 21 weeks pregnant so it's all possible!

Miracles and baby dust to all!
I am glad you let us know you didn't have the implantation pains and spotting and that you didn't have pregnancy symptoms.  I actually just had my BETA on Thursday and which would have been day 8 on this chart.  It was a BFP!!!!! :)  The hcg levels were low though but I took an hpt to see if the levels were rising up to detect in urine and it definitely was.   Another BFP!!!!  Yayyyyyy!!!!  and....I still have very mild symptoms at this point.  I am 10dp5dt and I have frequent urination and fatigue.  That's about it.  :D  It's good to know that doesn't make my pregnancy weird at all.  lol.  Wish you the best with your pregnancy!!!!!  Happy Motherhood!!!!!!!!
I didn't feel anything but a little lower back pain (in which I still feel) and I just found out Thursday that I am definitely pregnant so....hang on in there lady!!!!!  It's gonna be worth all the struggle and anxiety when you get that good news.  :)
I didnt feel anything at all. I bought HPT all were negative. Went to the doctor and it was BFP. I am 9 weeks and a couple of days.

I eat fresh pineapple, I read it help. Dont know how true, but i was willing to try anything. I also did accupunture.  Prays and baby dust to all
Thanks all for the hopeful stories. I had pains after the transfer up to 4 days after. Today is day 5 post transfer and feeling better. As I wait for my first beta.  Thanks!!!
Hi all :) I just had my embryo trasfer on monday so today is my 7th day. I've been cramping a bit here and there nothing too crucial but so far what I have read cramping us sort of a good sign. My test its on the 6 n 8 so ill knw fir sure but Tru all this i've been so positive n actually very happy. The wait yeah its so long but I also heard if u stay positive it will be a go if u think negative ur body rejects it. I really want to take a hpt I guess I can wait for weds im taking progesterone shots n supp inserted so it can help more. my embryos wr high quality embies day 5 with icsi n assisting  hatcing... but I wonder do u guys do anything to kill time or any other things I might not knw all this time I just been goggling everything I can think of.. ok thank y'all good luck to everyone ;)

it is really all individual and there are no rules about symptoms that could actually point at pregrnancy. I have done the IVF 3 times. First time, we returned 2 emb, 1 & 2 grade, with 10 and 8 cell division - didnt make it. Second time, again 2, also good quality ones. One implanted, but then, I had a forced abortion because it died at 7 1/2 weeks. Now, i am waiting for the results. We returned one, grade 1, 8 cells on 25.06. and should see my beta on 7.07. this morning i did my hpt, but it was negative. Im going to do one again tomorrow, but i do not expect much because i think, if there was pregnancy, it would have shown today. good luck to all!
i didnt hav any symptoms except a bit of dizziness and 2 days ago, it felt like my period was coming, but then the following day everything was ok.
Hello lady!!!! Congratulations on completing your cycle.  :)  Now that horrible wait.  lol.  I know it is terrible.  I completely agree with having a positive attitude because last year my attitude was a doubtful one and my cycle didn't work. What I did to pass my time was join forums on *************.com.  I read success stories ONLY.  I found that when I read negative stories those bad things would plague my mind.  I made plans to do things that I enjoyed like going to get a pedicure, eating lunch with my mom, playing games with my family, etc.   Just mainly do what you enjoy and relax.  I wish you the best of luck though and please please please don't do the hpt.  I say that because my hcg levels were low in the beginning and there is no hpt on earth that could have picked up the level I had when I had my beta.  If I would have tested I would have stressed myself out to the point where I could have caused unnecessary stress to my body because I would've been thinking I wasn't pregnant when I actually was.  I know it's hard not to take one but if you do decide to make sure  you get one that detects early.  I wish you the best of luck!!!!!
positive attitutude is important as well as the husband's support. i think i didnt make it cos my period is coming slowly. hopefully more luck next time.good luck to everyone
It's good to have u gals when I need a picker upper. My beta is on the 13th so I'm almost there. I started feeling cramps today on my right side. Anyone experience this?
i went to the ER the other day due to really bad cramping, i took a pregnancy test a week or two before this happened it was positive well anyway when i went to the ER they done an ultrasound and a sonogram and said they could not see anything in the utris and they could not find signs of an eptopic pregnancy... im confused if they couldnt see anything then wheres the baby?
I'm in my 2ww at the moment after 1 failed attempt of ivf,this time it was a 5 dbt fet.I've had slight cramping which was on day 5pt and a headache I just can't shift don't know whether this is good or bad signs but I'm keeping everything crossed,for hpt on Monday.
Hey ladies, this thread is old but I just had the heartbreak of my first IVF cylce. No implatation for ME :(
Just wondering if i can ask a question? Had implant 4 days ago and did hpt this morning and negative? Is this to early. As you know its quite frustrating having to wait... Thanks
Its over one year now,pls tell us ur success story.
I had a 3DT, on the 27 th June 2012, my hcg levels have been very low, first was 5, second 15, last 30.
I feel very sad,disappointed, cos my DR is not positive about it.
Just really confused,I need to see positive stories ,am I alone in this world of low hcg level.God pls help me!
I had a successful IVF 6 years ago after 2 full cycles and 1 frozen. Now we are trying again and I know I'm not as healthy, but can that really be the only reason that I am not getting past the implantation?  I've done 3 frozen and 1 fresh cycle and really had high hopes.  What can I do now? I'll be using my last frozen and that'll be it!  I would love to hear about some easy, practical things I can do to prep my uterus.
I'm almost in the same situation, only I have had 6 unsuccessful IVF treatments. I really don't know what to do or think anymore. The only one time I had an ectopic pregnancy was November last year (2011) and it was devastating. I've been married for 10 years now and my husband and I want a baby so badly. I just had a transfer 3 days ago and Even though I'm trying to think positive I'm very worried because this is our last time trying. I have no more eggs left, no more frozen embrios or fertilized eggs. This is it!! Can any one give me some advice as of what should I do to ease up my mind or if I should buy any type of test to give me a little hope that I'm pregnant? I should add that I'm 41 years old and that we have tried 3 different clinics with 2 unsuccessful IVF treatments each
Let me ask you one thing, how many times have you tried IVF and how old are you? I can only tell you don't be disappointed sometimes your mind and body play tricks on you and that's why sometimes is harder for some of us to get pregnant. I will say don't lose hope. I hope to hear from you so we can support each other thru is long road.
First of all what is the cause of unsuccessful ivf? I think the best thing is to face the fact. If your egg or sperm is not good enough please go for a donor. If lining is the problem sorrogate mum is available if you have the cash. Stop trying if any of the above is the problem  just do the right thing and be happy. I have my first ivf and dh has low sperm. I refuse to try rather went for donor at once. Am very positive it will work and wish you best of luck
My dh and I are doing our first ivf cycle.  I had my 5 day transfer on the 6th.  Now into the 2ww.  Wondering how easy I should take it.  I haven't really left my bed.  I am very paranoid.  Should I be?
I went back to work the next day and have been "back to normal" but keep things light and easy. We are in the 2 ww together babywish, as I had my ET on 3/12. GL to you!!
With ICSI available why on earth would you run straight to a sperm donor?  With ICSI they only need a single sperm cell, so low count is irrelevant.  
i have jus had my et on thursday 21st march 2013 this is my first ivf cycle i am 24 years .I had a 5 days embryo transfer and it had started going on to blastocyst and hatching before it had gone back in the docters said that this was a really good sign .It is know saturday 23rd march 2013 and i have started getting light cramping pains and lower back pain is this normal?.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum but I need help.  I am paralyzed with saddness.  I had my 5 day donor egg transfer on sunday march 17th and I am having cramps and some spotting today march 24.  I stayed in bed for 3 days straight after the transfer but still have period type cramps.  They transfered 2 grade AA embroyes; I go in for my blood test on Tuesday but I feel I won't make it to Tuesday before my period comes.  I've been crying for 3 days because I took a home test got negative result.  I am trying to hide my saddness from my husband because I don't want to tell him that it did not work.  The is the worst thing on earth please I need some encouragement.

Today is my 5th day after 2 embryo transfer. Unfortunately, there were 6 left that couldn't be freeze for future tries. I am really depressed, and so worried that the 2 in me will not survive either. This is my first IVF cycle, and I have been using progesterone suppository. I'm 40 already, and really hope I could get pregnant soon.  It had been a struggle for me to stay positive, but did you read the previous comment from Elli83? She said

"The wait yeah its so long but I also heard if u stay positive it will be a go if u think negative ur body rejects it."

We have got to stay positive!! We've got to divert our focus, so the poison of stress will not affect our body!! Think about all the other things that you enjoy doing, read a book, listen to relaxing music, etc..
I'm on day 2 of bedrest after a 5day fet transfer. I had. 3bb and an early blast. Had acupuncture before and after and am eating pineapple, walnuts and sunflower seeds, avoiding stress, watching funny shows, and avoiding milk products, avoiding ice or anything cold and keeping my feet and belly warm. These are all things my acupuncturist said and I've read. Anyone else in my boat with the 2ww???
Hi there,

Yes i also have the 2ww. I had my embryo transfer on the 26 march 13 after 3rd day fet transfer. I have to wait until 8th April 13 before my beta transfer and im really anxious. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2008 and lost one of my fallopian tube so getting pregnant was a mission for me. Already 6 years married. Im really hoping my beta test will be positive. Already planning what to do when i am pregnant but its hard not too worry... also i have been bloated and had a period like cramp day before. hope things goes well for us all.
hi all,

Just had my ET on the 26 March 2013. Wondering how will we know if the embryo did not implant. What will happen?
I just had my fet on the 29th of Mar also. The waiting is terrible. I had successful IVF 9 yrs ago. 3 - day 3 embryos were transferred. I am 47 yrs old so I need all the prayers and support I can get. Thank you
I had my 3dt on the 1st of April and are having acupuncture they told me those things as well, it's is my first transfer 2nd cycle so it's good to read other people's situations as I have no idea what to expect. The wait is hard, so I just keep walking the dog she's getting very fit. Wishing everyone the best
Hi miffy, I am turning 42 n had my 3rd Ivf. Quality eggs 9 cell, 7 cells, and 5 cells.  In my 2ww now.  8dpt 3dt. Tested expired strip - bfn.

Now feeling a bit down. Still talk to "embies" asked them to hand on there. Don't let go of me.  Not sure if I implanted.  Breast is tender but keep thinking it is due to medicine.  Told bf tt I may be bfn.  He said its ok.  

Got another 5 frosties.  Not much expectation as they were 4 cells growth when put to freeze.

Not sure wat to feel n wat to say here. Hard to stay positive. No good reason to. Sorry, feeling down.  Need booster now n Blessing
I'm on my 3rd IVF cycle. The first time my eggs didn't fertilize. 2nd time 27 fertilized and 2 blastocyst were put back but they didn't implant. This is my 3rd and final time. Later today I'm having blasts put back again. It's all or nothing for me but I have faith. This is my season! I can feel it.

So hold your head high ladies and think positive thoughts. Catch a comedy, hang out at the park or do a little retail therapy. :) Speak life into existence!! This is all our seasons!
Glad you are thinking positive. I'm driving myself crazy with the wait. 4dp5dFet.  We transferred only one frozen baby.  It was my first ivf cycle. I did the mini ivf in a clinical trial. Ttc 10yrs. I'm 35,and biological clock is ticking. Baby dust blown up in the air and all around for all of us.  
I had 2 blastocyst transferred again.  1 was a 5aa the other a 3bb. I've had tons of mild cramping & mild headaches and I think I'm getting yeast too. ugh. I go in for my pregnancy test Sunday!

Wishing you lots of Baby Dust!
Hello, I have gone through my first cycle of IVF and often referred to this blog searching for as much information as I could get related to embryo implantation. I promised myself that once pregnant, I would post my experience in hopes to help someone else out there. Most of the comments  I read gave me hope based on what I was going through.
Well, after 2 weeks of finally waiting, I just found out that I am pregnant. Due to a freeze transfer, I am technically 4 weeks along. I experienced slight cramping and lower back pain for days after the transfer and it could have been related to the medication and procedure. 7-10 days later, I felt bloated and cramps would come and go... Finally, the missed period was a big sign but cramps became more severe so thought maybe I would have a period but nothing. I did have some spotting but nothing really heavy until finally I got the call that my levels were off the charts and now going to an ultra sound Monday so see if one or multiples.. (looking for little dots in the uterus to determine this) OMG! Can't wait. Hope this info is useful!  
I forgot to mention the most important thing, i've been doing acupuncture for the last year and a half after IUI did not work.. I took herbs and had needles once a week until I got closer to the egg retrieval and transfer I then stared going twice a week.. if you have a good acupuncturist that specializes in fertility, that's a plus. I truly believe that my embryo's implanted because of this which helped to strengthen my uterus.. I cannot rave about this enough... For any of you that have had issues with implantation and if you can, (it is costly but some insurance companies cover)  please try acupuncture for atleast 6 months prior, it really works!
Good Luck to all!
Hi everyone!  I have been reading all your stories and getting plenty of hope. I am just 1dpt5dt with donor eggs. They placed 2 good quality blastocyst and we were very lucky to have 6 good quality to freeze. I am praying hard we don't have to use those other six but grateful if we need to. My main reason for posting is I wanted to ask if anyone felt cramping immediately after transfer. My cramping started about an hr after transfer and continues today but less intense. I've been on PIO injections and estrogen and never had any cramping. I'm just wondering if this is normal or signs that my body may have rejected the embryos.
hi ,I just want to know if cigarette is bade after the transfer
any news to share?
Hi All!  I just had the a couple of days ago and this waiting is killing me!  Just before and also just after the transfer I was feeling a lot of cramping and other symptoms that folks have described above.  It's now 2 days later and the cramping and everything has lessened significantly.  Does this mean that it's not working?  Has anyone else experienced this and had good results??
I experienced cramping right after transfer and it lasted for about 2 days.  Then the cramping went away.  Good news...I am 17wks pregnant with twins!!!  The bottom line is everyone will experience different things.  Don't worry if you have cramping or not.  Just stay positive and cheat LOL! Pee on as many sticks as you like.  That TWW is brutal.
Hi don't worry.... I also had a day 5 et and felt some cramping on and off.... on the 8th day after transfer I had some spotting with a lot of cramping.... and when I thought it was all over.... I took my beta on the 9th day after et and with little or no hope at all..... but they called me up saying it was POSITIVE..... so don't lose hope... waiting will come to an end... be happy..
So I guess I am little lost on what "day" I am on then. I had 2 embyros transferred on Sept.25th. And I had the Egg retrieval on Sept. 19th.
So when they put the embryos back in we transferred 2 blastocyst. But I am not sure when the implanting would take place?? If I can know it would be great. This is my second IVF cycle. The first cycle we did not get a good batch of eggs and it did not end up taking. This time around was a lot more positive!!! We transferred 2 really good eggs as well as we have 3 more good ones frozen.
I go in this Thursday for the blood test to see if I am preg. or not and I am driving myself crazy!! This wait is torture! I really just want a positive test but am scared as well to be let down and heartbroken if it turns out neg. :? trying not to be too worried though as I don't want ANY stress. LOL
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I loved reading the posts and seeing positive comments!
Hi Kerrie024,

Did you see the chart that Lilamy, June 28, 2011 posted?  I think that may help you decide where you're at with the implanting.  

It's nice to have this community to post with.  It makes the process less lonely.  Husbands can only be so supportive given that we will be doing most of the work!... lol!

We did ICSI and am at 10 days after 3dt (10/20/13) of 5 embryos (4 untransferred embryos did not make it to blastocyst stage so we have none to freeze ).  I have noted some symptoms, but not sure if it's just the progesterone or the onset of my period.  Mild cramping on days 2-3, some nausea, acid reflux (which I never get), mood swings and more cramping the last day or so that is worse with activity.  I don't have any breast soreness to judge by since I had a double masectomy with reconstruction back in 2005 after a breast cancer diagnosis.  
Started doing home pg tsts like a neurotic fool and have continued to do so even though they show a big fat negative since the trigger shot wore off around day 3.  My blood test is this Tuesday and I'm finding the wait to be even more difficult than all the injections!  This is our last shot at a sibling for our 11 yr old son due to budget constraints, and the fact that my age (43) and health history do not lend to good odds.  It's been an interesting journey and I do hope to have a little of bundle of joy to welcome in 9 months should God be willing.  Good luck with your test this Thursday!
Hello, am sere you have some experience because you been through it.
I have my 5day frozen  embryo transfer on 28/9/2013 . On 29th  and 30th I was having a severe stomach cramp. But today I feel very ok .i also spotted on 29th and 30th which was yesterday.

I just wonder why all this happen.
Will go for pregnancy test on 11th. Just wondering when is the earliest day to do pregnancy test.? I want to do it at home before going to the main one.
Am in a similar situation, and due my beta test tomorrow . I've been positive and I've had cramps, reading this forum has validated my positive mental attitude. Good luck
I'm so comfused am on my 5 day after 3dpt and I have no symptoms at all. should I worry?
If you are worried just test at home. It may or may not be positive because everyone is different in their experience but at least you won't be worried sick. I had 5 day blast transferred and tested positive on the 5 dpt.  I did feel cramping that first evening after transfer but nothing much after.  wishing you much luck n blessings.
Looking back I did have some cramping for 2 days lol. How quickly we forget. I'm now 26 wks with twin boys!! Still amazed and still praying all goes well. Praying for all!!!!!
Hi there,

I am new to this forum but like everyone else, I have been looking for signs and hope and to stay positive for this torturing 2ww! This is my first IVF cycle and today is my 8dpt, had a 3dt on the 28th Oct with 2 own fresh eggs.

I knew this is nothing new but I am getting more worrying as i have no symtom at all for the past 8 days .. a spotting on 2dpt but i disregarded it as i think its too soon to implant. I had a little minor backache at times but i always get that anyway. I didnt dare to raise my hope high but at the same time tried to remain positive. Only until this moment i realised how much i wanted this .. I am just wondering how many of you has positive pregnancy with no symtoms (symptoms) at all in the early days ?

I do talked to my 'embies' every now and then.. yes please hang on there for me, i won't charge them any rental fee to stay and grow in my womb and i will make sure they will be the healthies and happiest "embies" or babies soon .. good luck to me and my hubby ;)
I did have light spotting around day 8 and got real scared but all was ok.  I tested positive at 5dpt.  Have you done hpt?  Dont wait til your beta...test now.  Im a firm believer in know all you can as early as you can.  I think it will ease your worry one way or the other
    I had my 5day embryo transfer on 30 Nov, on 10 dec i have to go for my test, today on 9th dec I did my home pregnancy test that was positive right away, is it false test or is it true that I am pregnant.
I think congrats are in order for you!!!!  There is always a chance for a false positive, but I doubt it.  Let us all know what happens.  Sending prayers your way!
Thank you for your post above!
Today is day 4 after a 5dt and I am experiencing some cramping and spotting. Your post is giving me hope :)
You are welcome!!  I have been truly blessed with success on my first IVF cycle, I'm 32wks pregnant with twin boys praying still that all goes well.  My only wish is that everyone could have an experience like mine.  I have friends who are struggling so I definitely understand how blessed I am.  I pay it forward by encouraging and informing others about the experience and how to go about this process.  I was told by one doc that I shouldn't even try IVF and should just go straight to adoption or enjoy a life without children.  That was devastating but I was lucky to have someone who told me of another doc who was up for the challenge.  So now I am using my testimony to encourage others to not give up on their dream and I am genuinely excited for every success story.  I hope nothing but the best for you!  Keep posting and keep us updated.
Hello everyone,
I had my 3dt one week ago and have been experiencing cramping almost the whole time. These past couple of days however, especially last night and today was more intense and had back ache. Did hpt and was negative. I am s worried. Is it too early to test? Only had one 9 cell embryo transfered, second ivf.
Also have a lot of discharge from the endometrin suppositories, is my body rejecting it? I don't know, today had my second blood test for progesterone and estrogen levels and doc thinks I should continue the same meds no change. Is that a good sign? Scheduled for preg test on Monday 12/23/13.
When would it be ok to do a hpt that will show exact results?
I am currently at day 8 post transfer and constantly trying my best not to worry at every period type pain. This is my second IVF treatment the first did not work. I am praying this one does. Should I still be getting period type pains now. So scared and excited at the same time. But don't want to get my hopes up this time as was so devastated the last time.
Did you do a hpt?
Hi. 6 previous IUI cycles. I have just gone through my first IVF cycle. 15 eggs retrieved, 6 embryos fertilised. Went for day 5 transfer on Sunday 23rd March. We had 2 that had reached blastocyst stage but 1 had no inner cell mass and the other had abnormal cells. The best embryo was a stage below blastocyst. We had a difficult decision whether to transfer 1 or 2... Since it was our first transfer we went with 1. Due to do pregnancy test on Thursday 3rd April... Hate this wait!!!

Baby dust to all xx
I had my embryo transplant last Tuesday, waiting for blood test on Thursday April 3rd also . This is my first IVF cycle, 9 eggs taken, 7 fertilized, 3 transplanted, 2 frozen.  I am driving myself crazy ... Good luck next Thursday,
Hello, I have had three failed IVF (2 donor) and one cancelled IVF (donor did not produce enough eggs  to share with us). I now have embryo transfer today (31st) following blastocyst, 4 out of 8 fertilised - two slow developing and two seem to be ok. I am over 40 so my preference would be to request two embryos, not sure if they will agree. I know I should be having a good nights rest prior to transfer but you cannot help but worry, no matter what stage of IVF you are at. Sending you all lots of good luck and sweet dreams.
Hi! Just had my 3dt on Sunday! This is my second ivf/icsi procedure. I'm only 29 years old and my husband and I have been struggling to get pregnant for nearly 4 years, due to male factor infertility. I've been feeling bloated and a little crampy,and my books are very tender. Then again, progesterone can mimic preggo symptoms, so I'm trying to not get to wound up. I want to be a mum with all my heart, as I'm sure the rest of you do, and my prayers and sticky thoughts are with you all!! My pregnancy test is on April 11th! Praying my emby sticks and turns into a pregnancy!!
I meant "boobs" not books! Ugh, auto correct.
Hi, this is my first cycle and I'm 34 with PCOS, I had a 3dt on 31st March. 3 good quality embryos were transferred and I'm taking shots every 3 days as well as cyclogest sup. I also had some pain for about 2-3 days post et, but it's more bearable now. Also had some cramps, and I am bloated with sore boobs. I don't know if there's a way to tell early on if implantation occurs. I know I should be calm and relaxed, but my emotions are all over the place. It's great to have a safe place to share experiences. :)
I feel so blessed,  I had my beta test on Thursday and dare I say, this is one test I'm glad turned out positive
Hi I am new to online discussions about IVF but I have had 17 cycles of IVF in the past. To anyone thinking that they have no chance, don't give up if your doctor is hopeful for you. my 17th cycle was 4 years ago and I now have the most clever beautiful daughter you could imagine. I have just had my 18th cycle with a 5 day FET today and I have just turned 41. I think it's important to stay hopeful and relaxed, as I have a very stressful job in an emergency department and work shift and I don't think this has helped things in the past.
Good luck to everyone who is currently trying
Hi all. I'm 34 and have just had my 8th IVF transfer. There is no diagnosis as to why my husband and I have been unable to fall pregnant, and its killing me. I had a 3day frozen transfer on 24/4 and I still feel nothing. I'm convinced  agin it hasn't worked. Even the progesterone doesn't give me cramping or sore boobs, so not even false symptoms. Post transfer I usually a carry on as normal. I was ordering if anyone had any recommendations on what I should do post transfer in the future that could assist. I'm active, fit and very healthy. Down side for me is my stressful job, but this job pays for the IVF.
I was also wondering where you are all located? Anyone in Melbourne, Australia?
Wishing everyone the best of luck with their transfer, nice to read so many positive results.
I just don't understand why it isn't me.
Feeling sad :(
I know exactly how you feel. I am in Sydney, and I am an emergency doctor who works shifts, so I have had lots of egg collection where I have gone to work the next day or even that night. I had someone tell me I should just take 6 months off and relax and it will probably happen but really? I would have trouble paying my mortgage let alone pay for IVF. We finally got pregnant on our 17th attempt and had a little girl 3 years ago, and now I have just done a frozen transfer a few days ago and am waiting. I see so many people in my work who just got pregnant without wanting to, or have little cute children who they neglect and it just cuts like a knife every single time. Why is it so easy for people who don't deserve it? Wishing you lots and lots of luck with this cycle and please try to stay hopeful.
Hi SusannaL
Thank you so much for your response. It's comforting to know my thoughts are shared. Like you I'm straight back to work, often on a plane heading interstate for meetings. It's wonderful to hear you had success, even after so many tries. When I started this I never thought I would have to keep doing it. Can I ask, was there anything different about the cycle that worked? Were the meds different, did you do anything different, or did it suddenly just work? Best of luck with your latest transfer. Hopefully your little girl will have a little sibling before long :)
The last cycle we did was a short one, rather than a long one, which has to do with how much they suppress your own intrinsic cycle in order to control it, and the fact that they transferred 2 embryos instead of one. My doctor won't do that again now I've had one pregnancy it's all this blah blah risk of twins means risk of preterm delivery means risk of cerebral palsy. Like twins is going to happen, right? Other than that, I dont know what was different. We hadn't had miscarriages, we just could not get pregnant.
It's funny when you remember how you felt when you were young, when the thought of a pregnancy was the most terrible career ruining thing, and you took all those precautions- huh, the joke was on us, was never going to happen.
At least I only have one more frozen embryo and I'm 41 now so not going to do any more fresh cycles. So in my mind its this one and one more cycle and then it's finished regardless of the outcome. I think you need some sort of endpoint because otherwise you'd go mad. The funny thing is, I thought once I got my bub all this wanting and need for children would go away but it hasn't at all. My husband didn't even want to try again, he didn't want to waste the money and watch me go through the pain, and our house is too small etc. Before I had my daughter it was easy in a way to keep going because my life seemed pretty worthless without children, so the decision to keep trying every second month was already made for me. Don't know what I'll do with my time once this all ends. Anyway. Good luck, I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me.
I read Pineapple was something to avoid.  Pineapple induces labour and can actually cause a miscarriage if you have to much of it.  
Hi there
Yet another negative test for me. So month off and we will be at t again!
Hope you have had better luck :)
Yes, same here, yet another negative one for me too. Feeling very sad. I month off for me, then I'll try with my last lonely frozen embryo. Good luck with your next cycle, maybe we'll be cycling at the same time?
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like a bit of a robot this time, sad inside but nothing really coming out. Sounds like we might be cycling around the same time. Here's hoping for positive news for both of us next time. Stay strong x
I am 41 years old and I have been through 3 failed ivf cycles using my own eggs. I then went through two ivf cycles using frozen donor eggs. I was actually pregnant with twins after the second cycle using the donor's eggs. I miscarried one of them in Nov. of 2013 and during the next month, the other one had begin to develop in my tubes so I was treated for an ectopic pregnancy. Well, here I am six months later, trying it again with my very last frozen embryo. I had a day 3 transfer and is scheduled to have my pregnancy  test this upcoming Monday, June 30, 2014...please pray for me...this is my very last hope of becoming a first time mommy!
I havent heard of a transfer of more than 2.  Is it common? I just had 3dt on July 12th of two 8 cell embyos, but really would have wanted 3.This is our first IVF cycle, but we have been trying for 4 years and there is apparently nothing wrong with sperm motility and numbers and my cycles are regular and timely even though I am 37 and have never been pregnant before.
I am on my 2ww and had 3 failed ivf but not losing hope.  I will have my beta on wednesday and hoping for bfp.  Anybody whose on the same boat? May God bless us all.
Hi my name is Kailey my husband and I are about to have our FET tomorrow :) we are very excited I just want to say thanks so much for all of your advice and thoughts it's amazing to here stories keep up the great work friends and never give up on your dreams xoxo I really want to keep updated on this page so hope to talk soon.  I have turners syndrome we have 4 frozen embryos waiting so one will be used tomorrow and here's to hoping :)