When does the embryo implant and how does it feel?
Hi.  I had my day 3 et today. I'm curious to know when the embryo will implant into my lining. and how does it feel?  Is there anything I can eat or do to give it a higher chance of implantation? 3 unsuccessful iuis. First ivf, 7 retrieved, 1 fertilized, 1 fertilized with icsi, 2 transferred.

Thank you for being there :)
any news to share?
Hi All!  I just had the a couple of days ago and this waiting is killing me!  Just before and also just after the transfer I was feeling a lot of cramping and other symptoms that folks have described above.  It's now 2 days later and the cramping and everything has lessened significantly.  Does this mean that it's not working?  Has anyone else experienced this and had good results??
I experienced cramping right after transfer and it lasted for about 2 days.  Then the cramping went away.  Good news...I am 17wks pregnant with twins!!!  The bottom line is everyone will experience different things.  Don't worry if you have cramping or not.  Just stay positive and cheat LOL! Pee on as many sticks as you like.  That TWW is brutal.
Hi don't worry.... I also had a day 5 et and felt some cramping on and off.... on the 8th day after transfer I had some spotting with a lot of cramping.... and when I thought it was all over.... I took my beta on the 9th day after et and with little or no hope at all..... but they called me up saying it was POSITIVE..... so don't lose hope... waiting will come to an end... be happy..
So I guess I am little lost on what "day" I am on then. I had 2 embyros transferred on Sept.25th. And I had the Egg retrieval on Sept. 19th.
So when they put the embryos back in we transferred 2 blastocyst. But I am not sure when the implanting would take place?? If I can know it would be great. This is my second IVF cycle. The first cycle we did not get a good batch of eggs and it did not end up taking. This time around was a lot more positive!!! We transferred 2 really good eggs as well as we have 3 more good ones frozen.
I go in this Thursday for the blood test to see if I am preg. or not and I am driving myself crazy!! This wait is torture! I really just want a positive test but am scared as well to be let down and heartbroken if it turns out neg. :? trying not to be too worried though as I don't want ANY stress. LOL
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I loved reading the posts and seeing positive comments!
Hi Kerrie024,

Did you see the chart that Lilamy, June 28, 2011 posted?  I think that may help you decide where you're at with the implanting.  

It's nice to have this community to post with.  It makes the process less lonely.  Husbands can only be so supportive given that we will be doing most of the work!... lol!

We did ICSI and am at 10 days after 3dt (10/20/13) of 5 embryos (4 untransferred embryos did not make it to blastocyst stage so we have none to freeze ).  I have noted some symptoms, but not sure if it's just the progesterone or the onset of my period.  Mild cramping on days 2-3, some nausea, acid reflux (which I never get), mood swings and more cramping the last day or so that is worse with activity.  I don't have any breast soreness to judge by since I had a double masectomy with reconstruction back in 2005 after a breast cancer diagnosis.  
Started doing home pg tsts like a neurotic fool and have continued to do so even though they show a big fat negative since the trigger shot wore off around day 3.  My blood test is this Tuesday and I'm finding the wait to be even more difficult than all the injections!  This is our last shot at a sibling for our 11 yr old son due to budget constraints, and the fact that my age (43) and health history do not lend to good odds.  It's been an interesting journey and I do hope to have a little of bundle of joy to welcome in 9 months should God be willing.  Good luck with your test this Thursday!
Hello, am sere you have some experience because you been through it.
I have my 5day frozen  embryo transfer on 28/9/2013 . On 29th  and 30th I was having a severe stomach cramp. But today I feel very ok .i also spotted on 29th and 30th which was yesterday.

I just wonder why all this happen.
Will go for pregnancy test on 11th. Just wondering when is the earliest day to do pregnancy test.? I want to do it at home before going to the main one.
Am in a similar situation, and due my beta test tomorrow . I've been positive and I've had cramps, reading this forum has validated my positive mental attitude. Good luck
I'm so comfused am on my 5 day after 3dpt and I have no symptoms at all. should I worry?
If you are worried just test at home. It may or may not be positive because everyone is different in their experience but at least you won't be worried sick. I had 5 day blast transferred and tested positive on the 5 dpt.  I did feel cramping that first evening after transfer but nothing much after.  wishing you much luck n blessings.
Looking back I did have some cramping for 2 days lol. How quickly we forget. I'm now 26 wks with twin boys!! Still amazed and still praying all goes well. Praying for all!!!!!
Hi there,

I am new to this forum but like everyone else, I have been looking for signs and hope and to stay positive for this torturing 2ww! This is my first IVF cycle and today is my 8dpt, had a 3dt on the 28th Oct with 2 own fresh eggs.

I knew this is nothing new but I am getting more worrying as i have no symtom at all for the past 8 days .. a spotting on 2dpt but i disregarded it as i think its too soon to implant. I had a little minor backache at times but i always get that anyway. I didnt dare to raise my hope high but at the same time tried to remain positive. Only until this moment i realised how much i wanted this .. I am just wondering how many of you has positive pregnancy with no symtoms at all in the early days ?

I do talked to my 'embies' every now and then.. yes please hang on there for me, i won't charge them any rental fee to stay and grow in my womb and i will make sure they will be the healthies and happiest "embies" or babies soon .. good luck to me and my hubby ;)
I did have light spotting around day 8 and got real scared but all was ok.  I tested positive at 5dpt.  Have you done hpt?  Dont wait til your beta...test now.  Im a firm believer in know all you can as early as you can.  I think it will ease your worry one way or the other
    I had my 5day embryo transfer on 30 Nov, on 10 dec i have to go for my test, today on 9th dec I did my home pregnancy test that was positive right away, is it false test or is it true that I am pregnant.
I think congrats are in order for you!!!!  There is always a chance for a false positive, but I doubt it.  Let us all know what happens.  Sending prayers your way!
Thank you for your post above!
Today is day 4 after a 5dt and I am experiencing some cramping and spotting. Your post is giving me hope :)
You are welcome!!  I have been truly blessed with success on my first IVF cycle, I'm 32wks pregnant with twin boys praying still that all goes well.  My only wish is that everyone could have an experience like mine.  I have friends who are struggling so I definitely understand how blessed I am.  I pay it forward by encouraging and informing others about the experience and how to go about this process.  I was told by one doc that I shouldn't even try IVF and should just go straight to adoption or enjoy a life without children.  That was devastating but I was lucky to have someone who told me of another doc who was up for the challenge.  So now I am using my testimony to encourage others to not give up on their dream and I am genuinely excited for every success story.  I hope nothing but the best for you!  Keep posting and keep us updated.
Hello everyone,
I had my 3dt one week ago and have been experiencing cramping almost the whole time. These past couple of days however, especially last night and today was more intense and had back ache. Did hpt and was negative. I am s worried. Is it too early to test? Only had one 9 cell embryo transfered, second ivf.
Also have a lot of discharge from the endometrin suppositories, is my body rejecting it? I don't know, today had my second blood test for progesterone and estrogen levels and doc thinks I should continue the same meds no change. Is that a good sign? Scheduled for preg test on Monday 12/23/13.
When would it be ok to do a hpt that will show exact results?
I am currently at day 8 post transfer and constantly trying my best not to worry at every period type pain. This is my second IVF treatment the first did not work. I am praying this one does. Should I still be getting period type pains now. So scared and excited at the same time. But don't want to get my hopes up this time as was so devastated the last time.
Did you do a hpt?
Hi. 6 previous IUI cycles. I have just gone through my first IVF cycle. 15 eggs retrieved, 6 embryos fertilised. Went for day 5 transfer on Sunday 23rd March. We had 2 that had reached blastocyst stage but 1 had no inner cell mass and the other had abnormal cells. The best embryo was a stage below blastocyst. We had a difficult decision whether to transfer 1 or 2... Since it was our first transfer we went with 1. Due to do pregnancy test on Thursday 3rd April... Hate this wait!!!

Baby dust to all xx
I had my embryo transplant last Tuesday, waiting for blood test on Thursday April 3rd also . This is my first IVF cycle, 9 eggs taken, 7 fertilized, 3 transplanted, 2 frozen.  I am driving myself crazy ... Good luck next Thursday,
Hello, I have had three failed IVF (2 donor) and one cancelled IVF (donor did not produce enough eggs  to share with us). I now have embryo transfer today (31st) following blastocyst, 4 out of 8 fertilised - two slow developing and two seem to be ok. I am over 40 so my preference would be to request two embryos, not sure if they will agree. I know I should be having a good nights rest prior to transfer but you cannot help but worry, no matter what stage of IVF you are at. Sending you all lots of good luck and sweet dreams.
Hi! Just had my 3dt on Sunday! This is my second ivf/icsi procedure. I'm only 29 years old and my husband and I have been struggling to get pregnant for nearly 4 years, due to male factor infertility. I've been feeling bloated and a little crampy,and my books are very tender. Then again, progesterone can mimic preggo symptoms, so I'm trying to not get to wound up. I want to be a mum with all my heart, as I'm sure the rest of you do, and my prayers and sticky thoughts are with you all!! My pregnancy test is on April 11th! Praying my emby sticks and turns into a pregnancy!!
I meant "boobs" not books! Ugh, auto correct.
Hi, this is my first cycle and I'm 34 with PCOS, I had a 3dt on 31st March. 3 good quality embryos were transferred and I'm taking shots every 3 days as well as cyclogest sup. I also had some pain for about 2-3 days post et, but it's more bearable now. Also had some cramps, and I am bloated with sore boobs. I don't know if there's a way to tell early on if implantation occurs. I know I should be calm and relaxed, but my emotions are all over the place. It's great to have a safe place to share experiences. :)
I feel so blessed,  I had my beta test on Thursday and dare I say, this is one test I'm glad turned out positive
Hi I am new to online discussions about IVF but I have had 17 cycles of IVF in the past. To anyone thinking that they have no chance, don't give up if your doctor is hopeful for you. my 17th cycle was 4 years ago and I now have the most clever beautiful daughter you could imagine. I have just had my 18th cycle with a 5 day FET today and I have just turned 41. I think it's important to stay hopeful and relaxed, as I have a very stressful job in an emergency department and work shift and I don't think this has helped things in the past.
Good luck to everyone who is currently trying
Hi all. I'm 34 and have just had my 8th IVF transfer. There is no diagnosis as to why my husband and I have been unable to fall pregnant, and its killing me. I had a 3day frozen transfer on 24/4 and I still feel nothing. I'm convinced  agin it hasn't worked. Even the progesterone doesn't give me cramping or sore boobs, so not even false symptoms. Post transfer I usually a carry on as normal. I was ordering if anyone had any recommendations on what I should do post transfer in the future that could assist. I'm active, fit and very healthy. Down side for me is my stressful job, but this job pays for the IVF.
I was also wondering where you are all located? Anyone in Melbourne, Australia?
Wishing everyone the best of luck with their transfer, nice to read so many positive results.
I just don't understand why it isn't me.
Feeling sad :(
I know exactly how you feel. I am in Sydney, and I am an emergency doctor who works shifts, so I have had lots of egg collection where I have gone to work the next day or even that night. I had someone tell me I should just take 6 months off and relax and it will probably happen but really? I would have trouble paying my mortgage let alone pay for IVF. We finally got pregnant on our 17th attempt and had a little girl 3 years ago, and now I have just done a frozen transfer a few days ago and am waiting. I see so many people in my work who just got pregnant without wanting to, or have little cute children who they neglect and it just cuts like a knife every single time. Why is it so easy for people who don't deserve it? Wishing you lots and lots of luck with this cycle and please try to stay hopeful.
Hi SusannaL
Thank you so much for your response. It's comforting to know my thoughts are shared. Like you I'm straight back to work, often on a plane heading interstate for meetings. It's wonderful to hear you had success, even after so many tries. When I started this I never thought I would have to keep doing it. Can I ask, was there anything different about the cycle that worked? Were the meds different, did you do anything different, or did it suddenly just work? Best of luck with your latest transfer. Hopefully your little girl will have a little sibling before long :)
The last cycle we did was a short one, rather than a long one, which has to do with how much they suppress your own intrinsic cycle in order to control it, and the fact that they transferred 2 embryos instead of one. My doctor won't do that again now I've had one pregnancy it's all this blah blah risk of twins means risk of preterm delivery means risk of cerebral palsy. Like twins is going to happen, right? Other than that, I dont know what was different. We hadn't had miscarriages, we just could not get pregnant.
It's funny when you remember how you felt when you were young, when the thought of a pregnancy was the most terrible career ruining thing, and you took all those precautions- huh, the joke was on us, was never going to happen.
At least I only have one more frozen embryo and I'm 41 now so not going to do any more fresh cycles. So in my mind its this one and one more cycle and then it's finished regardless of the outcome. I think you need some sort of endpoint because otherwise you'd go mad. The funny thing is, I thought once I got my bub all this wanting and need for children would go away but it hasn't at all. My husband didn't even want to try again, he didn't want to waste the money and watch me go through the pain, and our house is too small etc. Before I had my daughter it was easy in a way to keep going because my life seemed pretty worthless without children, so the decision to keep trying every second month was already made for me. Don't know what I'll do with my time once this all ends. Anyway. Good luck, I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me.
I read Pineapple was something to avoid.  Pineapple induces labour and can actually cause a miscarriage if you have to much of it.  
Hi there
Yet another negative test for me. So month off and we will be at t again!
Hope you have had better luck :)
Yes, same here, yet another negative one for me too. Feeling very sad. I month off for me, then I'll try with my last lonely frozen embryo. Good luck with your next cycle, maybe we'll be cycling at the same time?
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like a bit of a robot this time, sad inside but nothing really coming out. Sounds like we might be cycling around the same time. Here's hoping for positive news for both of us next time. Stay strong x
I am 41 years old and I have been through 3 failed ivf cycles using my own eggs. I then went through two ivf cycles using frozen donor eggs. I was actually pregnant with twins after the second cycle using the donor's eggs. I miscarried one of them in Nov. of 2013 and during the next month, the other one had begin to develop in my tubes so I was treated for an ectopic pregnancy. Well, here I am six months later, trying it again with my very last frozen embryo. I had a day 3 transfer and is scheduled to have my pregnancy  test this upcoming Monday, June 30, 2014...please pray for me...this is my very last hope of becoming a first time mommy!
I havent heard of a transfer of more than 2.  Is it common? I just had 3dt on July 12th of two 8 cell embyos, but really would have wanted 3.This is our first IVF cycle, but we have been trying for 4 years and there is apparently nothing wrong with sperm motility and numbers and my cycles are regular and timely even though I am 37 and have never been pregnant before.
I am on my 2ww and had 3 failed ivf but not losing hope.  I will have my beta on wednesday and hoping for bfp.  Anybody whose on the same boat? May God bless us all.
Hi my name is Kailey my husband and I are about to have our FET tomorrow :) we are very excited I just want to say thanks so much for all of your advice and thoughts it's amazing to here stories keep up the great work friends and never give up on your dreams xoxo I really want to keep updated on this page so hope to talk soon.  I have turners syndrome we have 4 frozen embryos waiting so one will be used tomorrow and here's to hoping :)
Even with all these symp can ivf fail
There is always a chance that ivf will fail.  It is not full proof.

Good luck! :)
Hai All,
Embryo implanted on saturday 16-05-2015. Pray for me.
Now I feel relieved after reading your experience of early pregnancy symptoms after et. I have the same symptoms as u did and was wondering why I don't have some other symptoms like most ladies. Was getting worried but after seeing your comments and info, u have really made my day. I have pregnancy blood test on Monday. Keeping everything crossed. Thank you soooooo much......xx
Wow so what a great site to post and read success stories.  So 2 years ago I had my first cycle with 2 embryos transferred. One took.  My first internal ultrasound was a faint heartbeat and a week later there was no heartbeat and it had stopped growing.  Wait but that's not the worst part.  I had to have a d&c and then 4 months later they were considering me having another one because i still had traces of the pregnancy.  Can you say messed up?  The emotional toll this took on me and my family was awful.  I not only lost my baby but almost lost my husband and 2 stepchildren because I was literally going crazy.  It has taken me almost 2 years to be ready to try again.  I had a transfer yesterday of one embryo and am really optimistic that this will work this time but don't want to get my hopes up too much.  I guess the bottom line is you must have patience.  I've always known one way or another I'll be a mom one day but the waiting and emotions can drive you crazy!  I hope to post again soon with a positive pregnancy and a growing baby.  I give you all a lot of credit for getting through this stuff.  This is the hardest event I've ever gone through and am hopeful that it will all be a memory soon.
I'm 44 and will be 45 in two weeks. Had 2 blasts graded fair transferred 3 dpt and worried. With all the negative literature, I was hoping to beat the odds but getting depressed. My nipples are sore from meds so can't tell if I feel pregnant, but since I naturally got prego last year, I figured why not try IVF. Found out why I haven't been getting pregos last 4 yrs. Tubes completely blocked wished I would have known this 4 yrs ago. Sigh wasted time. Anyone older pregos with fair graded day 5 blastocyst and morula?
Same here- just turned 45 week n half ago. They did a 2 day transfer with 5 fertilized embryos. lol scared of multiples but they said at our age we will be lucky if one takes and a two day transfer because our womb Is the best place for embryos to grow. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'll let you know you it turns out. Jic this method may be best for women our age. Don't give up
I am on my 4th round of IVF, actually all my transfers have been frozen. I was fortunate to get lot's of eggs.  I am day 3 of my ET, and trying to stay relaxed. Ideas on ways to relax is go get your nails done, get your hair blown out, play games with family, listen to SPA music on Pandora Radio!

It's hard to wait, but I am hoping for a miracle.  Successful 1x but we lost our baby at 5 months, so the hope is not too high.  My husband & I still have some or we would not be trying...

Best Wishes to you alll....
i had 2 plastocyst embryos transferred yesterday , good quality grade AA  and 4 extra to freeze , it was my first ivf icsi after 8 months of unsuccessful natural conception , i have one blocked fallopian tube and my husband was diagnosed with  low motility spermatozoid any advice for successful chance please please pray for me i wish ++++++ for all you brave ladies

Thanks for your outline. I'm on day 9 after day 5 blastocyst transfer and today notice brown discharge. Really worried if its not the implantation causing the spotting then could it be the worst?
I had 5dt on 9/21 with one grade A blast.  This 2ww is extremely difficult.  I took a HPT this morning and it was BFN but I don't think hcg levels will show yet.  I more less wanted to see a neg to make sure the trigger shot was out of my system.  Will try another hpt in a couple days.  My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years.  4 failed IUI cycles and this is our first ivf.  We had 7 embryos but due to funds were unable to afford to freeze the remaining.  We were supposed to transfer 2 but once RE started the ultrasound they found free fluid in my abdomen and enlarged ovaries.  So I have been dealing with OHSS symptoms.  The worst symptom is the shortness of breath.