Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
When should one ovulate most likely after clomid dose?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello

If I take clomid 100 mg from day 2-6. on which say I am supposed to ovulate after 5 days dose??

Please help !!
hey they say everyone is different...the earlier u take it the earlier ur suppos to ovulate...i took mine from days 3-7 and on cd14 i ovulated last month...this month im doing the same thing...i took it days 3-7 and im going in for an u/s on cd14 to see whats going on!! GOOD LUCK!
I'm just taking my 1st round. Some sites say 5-9 days and others 7-10 days after last pill.
I took clomid last cycle CD 2-6.  I o'd on CD 13 (3-4days earlier than previous months)  Best of luck and super sticky baby dust
I'm on clomid but take it cycle days 5-9.  I have does some reading about the difference in taking clomid on cd 2-6 or 3-7 or 5-9.  Most of the articles i ready didn't really mention a different o day, it more focused on the difference in follicle development.  For instance if you wait until cd 5, there will probably already be a dominant follicle, so when you take the clomid starting on cd 5, you will likely only get one or two mature follicles (this can also be affected by the dosage).  If you start the clomid on cd 2, there will probably not already be a dominant follicle, so the chance of multiple (more than 2) follicles developing increases.

There was a girl on here that was taking clomid on cd 2-6, and I asked here what her IUI treatment schedule was and hers was the same as mine.  U/S on cd 12 with trigger shot that evening and IUI on cd 14. If you are not using a  trigger shot and waiting for natural LH surge I don't know how that would affect the cycle schedule.  

At dosages at and over 100mg, many women will develop mature follicles but not actually ovulate without the trigger shot.  Is your RE monitoring your cycle with u/s?  This is very important. Best of luck to you.  

Oh, one more thing.  I think it is extremely important to bbt.  I think it is the best home method for determining if and when you ovulated.  Sorry if I babbled on too long.  DH is out of town, and I have nothing better to do.  :)
i just finished my first round oof 50mil of clomid i am on cycle day 13 and still no o-ing, i am so scared that i wont i want this so bad.i have pcos and i rarely have my periods like 1or2 a year so my dr sugestied clomid so can anyone tell me what the chances are and when i should expect the big O .........pls help me if anyone has anything that will help

***@****
I know it's hard, but try not to worry yet.  I did the same thing during my first cycle of Clomid.  I O'd a lot later than I normally did, so I was really worried that something was messed up.  The rule of thumb is that you should O within 5 to 10 days after you take your last dose of Clomid.  personally, I usually O'd on cd 16.  How are you testing for ovulation, maybe using OPK and/or BBT?  If you would happen to not O and you get to maybe cd20 or so, you could always contact your doctor.  Keep trying and hang in there, I'm sure you'll be just fine.  Good luck to you!!  :)
Hi, im on my first month of 100mg Clomid, after taking 50mg of clomid for 3 months I have had no succcess. I Have PCOS + Underactive Thyroid Syndrome.
Most women that have PCOS, do usually get Underactive Thyroid Syndrome aswell, as the two are linked.
I take Clomid on Day 2-6, you usually ovulate around 5 Days after, but Doctors told me that you can ovulate at different times, it could be the 5th day on the 10th, they said it was best to have intercourse every 2 days, so the sperm can be fully developed, and sperm can also stay alive in the body for upto 2 days!

I wish you every success, baby dust to you all!