Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
When will I get Pregnant. GOD!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

When will I get Pregnant. GOD!!!

Hi All,

I was diagonised with PCOS in January This year. Which made my weight rise in 5 kilos. I am having really a hard time conceiving. I was on Microgest, Folic Acid and letrozole. I was on these meds for 3 full months. but nothing has happened. Now I am on Metformin did a cycle of Clomid and currently having a combi of Metformin and Duphoston. How long since I will Conceive? I despeartely wan to. Also, My hubby had normal sperm analysis. I am overweight by 7 kilos now. Also am TTC from 5 months.

Many thanks in advance for all your answers!!
Noush(Despeartely_TTC)
Well, it's a million dollar question you're asking :) Unfortunately, nobody can give you a definite answer, sorry! I've been TTC for 1.5 years, did 4 IUIs and 1 IVF and I am finally pregnant! Even with my husband's "super sperm" it took over a year lol :) I also have PCOS, but other than that am rather healthy. It also depends on your age (I'm 30) and general health. I don't recognize most of the names of the drugs you mentioned, but I have been on Metformin for the past year. I wish you all the best! Arm yourself with patience and don't lose hope!

Also, as to the weight, following a low glycemic diet has proven to be beneficial for women with PCOS (since the issue derives from insulin resistance). You can probably research that in more depth if you are interested, but it basically calls for cutting out all simple carbs and focusing on complex carbs, such as whole grains etc. Again, best of luck!
thanks a load hun for sharing your ideas on my situation. I really really appreciate it.
Congrats on your sucess in conceiving!!

Also, sure thing i will follow a low glycemic diet as you told and do excercise. Well in this name, I am in a dilemma, as I hve to join a Gym or Aerobics class or just buy a threadmill and workout on it??? What do you think, which is more effective in weight loss?
No problem :) I actually picked up running about two years ago, and finished my first half marathon in March! I think it really just depends what you're most likely to do... Running works for me b/c I always have a goal of training for another race :) Aerobics classes are good too if you enjoy exercising with other people. Even walking will do! I bought myself 1 lb. wrist weights for walking (decided not to run until the end of my pregnancy, will be hard!). I also have a treadmill at home, but enjoy exercising outside the most. Good luck! :)