Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Which insurance plan covers IVF?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Which insurance plan covers IVF?

Can you tell me which insurance covers IVF, what's the name of the plan and how much is the premium?
Thanks.
Insurance does not cover ANY type of artificial insemination!! unless u have the $$ upfront the only other way is take out a loan and i think its Chase bank that offers that if im correct!! Do u know if u have to get ivf? IUI is another type of AF and its cost much cheaper per try i think around 1K compared to IVF where thats 10K (at least in my state it is)
i am almost positive when i researched mine which is blue cross blue shield, that they paid a lot of money towards a certain amount of IVF's after a specific amount of infertility time.  You can look it up online but i swear that is what i read when ui first went to a fertility specialist.
blue cross / blue shield's PPO in PA offers $10K lifetime for infertility.  

Infertility insurance usuallly depends on the state as well as the which plan your employer decides to offer to their employees.

Hope this helps.
blue cross hmo - in texas - pays for all diagnostic tests (including sonograms) and 50% of IUI.  does not incude sperm washing.
Empire BCBS pays for unlimited IUI and two rounds of IVF.  My dh works for IBM. Good luck to you!
My plan - Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield covered up to $10,000 on fertility treatments, up to and including IVF.  The only exclusion was donor sperm.  I had to pay 10% of allowable charges after my deductible was met.  
My plan with Connecticare covers it all, IUI, IVF etc. I got 3 cycles of IUI covered w/clomid and 2 rounds of IVF covered w/meds and embryo freezing covered. The only thing they do not cover is the sperm freeze. Copay is $25.00 per visit.
Thanks for sharing! I think most east coast state has mandatory insurance coverage. not here in the bay area, ca. I have United Healthcare, but already max out my life time limit for infertility.

I called Blue Shield and Blue Cross, and they said none of their plan covers infertility. I also have a feeling that it depends on your company if they offers to employees and if you work for state too. Insurance in California won't offer this type of plan to individual directly. Sad huh..

Anyone out there live in the bay area?    
i need to get one that covers everything since we are on low income.
i had my tubes tied back in nov. of 1999, me & my hubby now wants to have kids together he never had any kids, i want to have some more too.
I also live in bay area and facing the same kind of problem, I am frustrated and angry with whole system here. Nothing really covers infertility in CA, and IVF in particular. I am stuck with Health Net, which is what I get from my job, I always had PPO thinking its better than HMO, but turned out it doesnt cover anything associated with infertility. Now I found out that Health Net HMO covers something (IUI and some tests), but you have to be restricted to see their specialists first.
I dont even know if I can get any helpful information here,  but wanted to share what I know with you and also probably get out my devastation... somehow goverment here together with insurance companies do not considers women's health and couples happiness important enough...
I have BCBS HMO of Illinois that has contracted out a company named WINN FERTILITY for the fertility coverage.  They cover up to three IVF attemps.  We did not do IVF, but they did cover all 8 cycles of IUI's at 100% and paid 100% of all testing.   I only had to pay my first copay of $15 to the RE office.  I also only had a $15 copay for injectables in which WINN Fertility mailed them directly to me.  I don't know if you can get their coverage independantly or if it has to be part of your insurance plan-but might be worth checking into.
I don't understand, I have BCBS and the Arkansas fertility clinic refused to proceed with IVF unless I could pay out of pocket.  This is so frustrating.