Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Who's the father?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Who's the father?

I was on depot and didn't get my period again for 9 months and ever since up until march 1st of this year did I have chaotic periods short or long cycles. Finally a full period lasting 4 days and painful cramps too. March 1st. So this is my details
March 1st  Period
April 4th.    Period (34 days apart that time)
April 13th. Cheated. Drunken sex may have been unprotected I didn't check. Lasted a few strokes til I told him to get off me bc I was grossed out. He never climaxed. This is what I remember although he can't remember at all.
April 14th sex with my husband came inside me
April 15th sex with my husband came inside me
April 17th sex with my husband came inside me
May 3rd bleeding I'm thinking maybe implantation
May 11th sono suggesting less than 5 weeks sac no yolk no pole
Now pregnant

Me and my husband been trying for months but bc my period still was so irregular I never got pregnant. Why now the week I cheat and I never cheat am I pregnant? I'm being told I ovulate somewhere around the 18th
Is it possible it could be this 1st guys kid. I'm driving myself crazy sick to my stomach. I got tested and I'm clear of VD. I'm reading pre *** May or may not contain semen. I've never gotten pregnant from precum before but this is so random. please don't judge me. Opinions would be helpful as I'm so sick I'm barely eating with the thought that this may not be my husbands child.  

I'm sure your husband is the father There a slight chance the other guy is the father Only way to know for sure is a paternity test you can get pregnant from pre*** Hoping for a good outcome for you
Thank you I'm so nervous im praying and praying .
Your welcome we all make stupid mistakes Im sure everything will turn out fine Good luck
Wow what are the odds, you finally get pregnant and it's when you cheated. I would like to think it's God playing his tricks on us to let us know we can pretty much handle it all, and his way to make yourself feel guilt over your morals.
But enough about why it happened, thing is...IT DID HAPPEN and for tha congratulations. Many of us are still trying to get pregnant with no luck and it's fkn frustrating. As far as what are the chances of who the father is, I would bet money your husband is. here's why. You started on the 4th, cheated on the 13th. Technically that's a cycle day of 9-10 days. Most people don't ovulate until the 14th or later. And although swimmers can live inside of you for up to 6 days, the chances of that aren't likely. If you state you ovulate roughly around 18, hell lets even say 16th for good measure, that's still a 6 day window and I doubt that's the case for you. EVEN if you ovulated earlier, it's not likely. BUT then again I've seen weirder things happen.
Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to clear your mind until you know for sure. You may want to find a way to do a paternity so your conscience is clear, or let your husband know you messed up. Either way this is going to eat at you but if it makes you feel somewhat better, according to my math on the information you gave me, your husband has higher chances than this other dude that it's his. I wish you the best of luck, and as the other person that commented on your post said, we all make dumb mistakes...that's definitely true.
Most likely ur husband... sometimes it sux being a woman we always have to be responsable and when we mess up?! Things like this happen! I'm sorry.. don't stress