Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Why is there so much pain almost 6 years after tubal clips were put on?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Why is there so much pain almost 6 years after tubal clips were put on?

After my youngest was born I had clamps put on my tubes. I wanted them cut but the doctor performing the surgery refused. I was worried about my ovarian cycts history and when asking if that would affect the clamps was told, "You didn't graduate Med School, so you really don't know what your  talking about." Mind you wasn't stating something, was asking something. Moving on..for the first year and a half after having the clamps put on I felt the horrible almost like pinching feeling, sometimes stabbing. Randomly it would feel as if my uterus was on fire. I talked to my regular Doctor and he was puzzled because any and all test he ran came back fine and he couldn't understand why I would be feeling a "pinching" feeling...As time went on I started to deal with the pain a little better and can grin and bear it for the most part. Menstration is another story...I have never ever had cramps before, or during a period until the clamps were put on...they are terrible. My legs are weaker, its hard to walk long distances or stand for long periods of time (which my job requires me to do) I cannot get comfortable at all, sitting, standing, laying, heat doesn't help, midol, tylenol, advil, nothing helps. For a good 18-26 hours I am usually doubled over in pain, and sometimes vomiting from the terrible pain that radiated up to my stomach, chest, and neck, all the way down to my toes. I curse the day I had these clamps put on, because I have never ever felt this much pain in my life, and mind you I had three children, without any drugs...Have had a cyst the size of a golf ball burst while running in gym class over 10 years ago...and those were like a walk in the park compared to this. Why would this be happening? and Why can't anyone figure out why it is? If it was an allerigic reaction wouldn't we have noticed right away? I don't think I can live with this daily pain anymore. And it is daily. If I stretch right it feels like my cervix is going to snap in half. If I sit down too fast, or sit for too long my utreus feels like it is going to expand and burst. When I stand I feel the pinching and can't really ignore it, but can deal with it. And if no one will just remove the clamps for me...why can't I just say okay, take everything but the cervix out then? I'm really hurting, and in some serious need of a possible new answer than, "I'm not sure, but lets keep an eye on it" I don't want to keep an eye on it anymore...I want it gone.
Tags: Tubal ligation, tubal clamps, tubal clips, constant pain
If it was an allergic reaction I think you would have known it by now. Tell them exactly what you're putting on here and demand answers. Have you gotten an U/S to check for anymore cysts or to check on the clamps? I would definitely request a more in depth analysis, or get a second opinion from an OB/GYN, the constant pain is NOT normal, and it's not something you have to deal with!