Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Why still a period when infertile?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Why still a period when infertile?

I can't get pregnant, but I still get my period every month at the right time. Why do I still get a period even though I cannot concieve (conceive)?
Have you seen a doctor for your challenges in fertility? There are many factors that can lead to difficult conception...but does not mean that you are infertile or un able to get pregnant, you just may need a little help.
Here are a few helpful things if you have not tried them yet.
Have you started using ovulation predictor kits? they help you determine when your most fertile days are so you can increase you chances of conception. If you are not trying to conceive on your most fertile days, that can stand as a big barrier, but very easy to fix.
Stay hydrated and limit your caffiene intake.
After intercourse, prop your hips on a pillow for 10-20 minute to allow the sperm more time to reach the egg.
When trying to concieve (conceive), have intercourse starting 5 days before ovulation and continue through the day after ovulation to increase your chances of conception.
Remember, for most couples with no fertility issues, there is only a 20% chance of conception each month. It is normal to take up to a year to conceive a child.
If you are recently off and IUD or contrceptive use, it can take up to a year for your cycles to adjust and also to be able to conceive.
If you have been trying for a year without success, you should see a fertility specialist. They can run blood work and imaging to see what may be going on. There are many treatment options available if there are any fertility issues.
Hope this helps
Have you spoke to a doctor and maybe he can run some test, best of Luck
Hope this helps
I'm also wondering how you know you're infertile.  Periods indicate ovulation, do you have blockages and scar tissue that would prevent the egg from coming down the tube?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers