Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Wife's pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Wife's pregnancy

my wife and i are trying to get pregnant its been 3 months since we are trying and this is the third month , her last periods started on the 24th of April and we had intercourse from 1st may on wards till 12th may every second day . recently she had spotting which lasted from almost 4 days my wife's periods are very regular . she had cramps and also she had lower back pain and some virginal discharge yellowish color she had been experiencing this since almost 1 week and now everything almost stopped .. there is nothing she feels now and her period is due 24th of may 2013 . we had a pregnancy test on 21st may and it was negative . she has never experienced symptoms like this . what do you think happened?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Spotting before expected date of periods can be due to several causes. Hormonal imbalances, implantation bleeding, fibroids, polyps, ovarian cysts all can cause spotting before periods. Implantation bleeding is usually light and lasts for a day or so .Other causes of spotting are an infection of the vagina, uterus or cervix. You have taken up pregnancy test too early. I think you should wait for a couple of days more .It is possible that your body's level of HCG is not enough to be detected.  You could still be pregnant, but with a level too low to be detected yet. You can also go to your doctor and get a blood pregnancy test done. It is more reliable method for diagnosing pregnancy. If pregnancy is ruled out other causes mentioned above should be considered. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
hi arti my wife's periods are pretty regular and never even late for a day .. her periods were suppose to be starting today (24th may 2013) but it didnt come .. i have put a pregnancy test kit in the toilet and we would test tommorow morning again with the first morning urine . i really hope for the best !! we did a test just before her last period which was on 24th april for any infections or anything by a gyn and all tests were normal and the gyn even saw my wife had ovulated last month too also she is on 5mg of folic acid since the last 2 months or so ..
we did buy the ovulation test kits and we tested every single day till ovulation but there was so sign of LH .. but then we still had intercourse . it was mentioned in the Kit that if you had intercourse it is possible for the sperm to be still present and the egg may have been fertilised as soon as she ovulated . my wife is just 24 and im 28 , she has been even on 5mg of folic acid given by the gyne since the past 2 months . she has never had spotting like this before ever in her life ... im really hoping for the best and i have totally ignored the test we took , it may be invaild because it might be too early and we took it in the afternoon not even in the morning. we tested ovulation almost from second week onwards after the last day of her period..  She had lower back ache..  Cramps like just before her period..  And of course the spotting it was brownish and pinkish sometimes she said.. And constant headache which lasted almost 5 days..  And now. She don't feelaanything..