Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Will fibroids in posterior wall affect my ability to become pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I underwent a TVS and found that i have a Intramural fibroid.

Number of Fibroids : - 1

Size : - 1.6 – 1.32 cms

Location : -  is located in focal echogenic area in posterior wall

I am 27yrs and just married.....would like to know the following details :

Will this fibroid in posterior wall affect my ability to become pregnant ?

If i am unable to conceive then what is the treatment i should undergo ?

How long i should wait before taking a treatment ?

If at all I conceive...then what are the chances of delivery after 9 months and will I be able to give birth to a healthy child ?

Which type of Specialist Doctor will be able to help me in this regards ?

Desperately waiting for your reply........

Thank you in advance.....hope to receive your help.

Hari
I'd recommend getting a hysteroscopy to find out if it's impeding pregnancy.  Sounds like it's a very small one so hopefully it's not.  But the location is very important.  I was diagnosed with one about 3.75cm and had a hysteroscopy and was told they couldn't even see anything inside my uterus.  So either it's on the outside of my uterus or it disappeared.  So ask for a hysteroscopy and a hysterosalpingogram.  The hysteroscopy usually can't see your entire tube but only the tube opening but it's good to see the actual uterus inside.  The hysterosalpingogram can test for tube blockage.

Fibroids are usually not a problem with maintaining a pregnancy, but can sometimes keep the embryo from implanting if it tries to implant where the fibroid is.  So, yours is small so probably a less chance of problems, depending on the location.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!
Fibroids are very common.  I think around 60%.  I had two removed but only because I was having surgery for something else, so they went a head and removed them while they were in there.  I go ahead and ttc, if you are unable to get pg after a year or have trouble carry a pregnancy, it is something you should look into.  

Good luck.