Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Will someone please give me some opinions????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Will someone please give me some opinions????

This question may seem a little odd, but I read that women who take clomid usually have to take robitussin because clomid dries the cervical mucas??? And robitussin thins out the cervical mucas...Has anyone heard of this???? I was just wondering because when I got pregnant in Sept. 06 I had a REALLY bad cold and was using robitussin (before I knew I was pregnant really wasn't  trying then) And I haven't had a cold or anything since so haven't used it, could this have helped me conceive?? I wonder if I have problems with my CM?? Any opinions would be great....And that was my ONLY pregnancy...
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
166219_tn?1267490838
sorry I dont get on till late in the day :O)  I didnt have clomid effect CM but yes have read it can.  Robitussin is suppose to help I tried it for 2 months and noticed nothing different but got preseed and loved it and got BFP  good luck
Blank
255732_tn?1318521422
What is pre seed??  I just thought it was odd that when I did take it for a cold and wasn't really ttc I got preg and nothing since...hmmm it's got me puzzled....I am on cd 15 and I have been O ing on day 19 -20 and I feel a bit more moist down there could that be why?
Blank
178698_tn?1228777938
I don't think clomid completely dries up your cm and I don't know that it is standard protocol to use robitussin when you're taking clomid.  

It's not even the robitussin that thins out your CM it's the guiafinnasin (sp?) in the medication that causes mucous to thin out...you can also use mucinex  

In any event each of those isn't dependent on the other.   Research it on the web.  Plenty of women have gotten pregnant using clomid and not using robitussin.  

The fact that you got pregnant using robitussin before is a complete coincidence.  You have down more than the recommended dosage.  

As far as preseed it's so hyped up it annoys me.   It's nothing more than a lubricant.  It does not mimic cervical mucous or replace it.   It's just an overpriced lubricant.   I wouldn't waste my money.    There are many lubricants that aren't hostile to sperm.    That's preseed's big claim.   If lubricants were so harmful to sperm , why isn't it used as contraceptive.   Don't waste your money on pre-seed.  
Blank
189192_tn?1261345228
I read that clomid effects around 25% of womens CM.  I'm sure the degree to which it is affected varies.  Robitussin is said to help CM, but you have to use the kind with an expectorant in it that breaks up and mucus.  

Good luck to you.
Blank
255732_tn?1318521422
I don't know I had just read that some dr.s have women take robitussin if the clomid does dry it up...I don't know I'm not even on clomid, just thought I'd ask...and I know tha it is the guiafinnasin that is in the robitussin...well maybe it was a coinscidence that it happend to me when I was sick and taking it, but it still just seems odd that it has been the only time the I have conceived...
Blank
I have a friend and her doc's nurse off the record said that robitussin IS suposed to help CM.  I also have another friend with unexplained infertility who took 12 cycles of clomid and now her doc thinks is testing her CM to see if the sperm are not able to swim because of drying.  I can't remember the name of the test.  Anyway, I think both theories are a little correct.  Of course, everyone responds differently to medicine.  Good luck!
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

And I agree with Yvette- preseed is overhyped. Some think it's an infertility cure-all. My RE actually instructed that I NOT use preseed.
Blank
216149_tn?1299605038
I agree with mslkpage ...pre-seed is just over done,I wouldnt try it...My RE also says no pre-seed!
Blank
I used evening primrose oil this month and  it made a huge difference with my CM.  Other post recommended it so I gave it a try a and it worked great.  Good Luck!!
Blank
255732_tn?1318521422
Thanks for all the advice
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity