Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
YES YES YES you can get pregnant right after you get your copper IUD re...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

YES YES YES you can get pregnant right after you get your copper IUD removed!!!

Hello I am new here because i ran accrss your question.....I had my copper IUD removed on Monday November 23 and its now Wednesaday December 9th and I just took 5 Preggo test 4 diffrent types First Responce, EPT(the regular one, the EPT (digital one), and the Clearblue Digital one.........and they ALL say i am Pregnant...so that puts me at about 3-4 weeks depending on how you count it. So the answer is yes its very very possible.

This discussion is related to getting pregnant after having copper IUD removed.
Tags: Copper IUD, GET PREGNANT, iud, IUD removed, pregnant, test, copper
Thanks for that i really needed some up lifting words after reading some horror storys. My iud was removed this past saturday and hubby and i desided last night(sunday) that we would go ahead and try to get preggo! SO hope i have as good of luck as u
I thank you as well! :) I have been looking for conversations about people who had the paragard removed and their pregnancy stories. I get mine out today and my husband and I want to get pregnant as soon as possible so that is very encouraging. I have had really regular periods the whole 18 months I have had it in. Hopefully that helps! As long as all goes well I will use the Paragard again. I had a c-section after getting pregnant on the pill and needed to make sure I didn't get pregnant again until I had healed completely.
My sister had the Mirena and it took her 8 months to get pregnant after having it removed. I wouldn't reccomend it if you want to get preggo right away.
Thanks so much for sharing this positive experience! There is so much out there saying it takes a long time, I was starting to freak out. I'm scheduled to get mine out on the 28th not realizing that I ovulate already on the 30th... Yikes! I don't wanna wait another month, though I'm afraid that's what may end up happening (then if I get pregnant in Jan. my kids will have nearly the same bday)... I'll post back with this months results. Congrats on your pregnancy :)
Now two months after getting the Paragard out I am preggo! Woo! I have the flu which stinks but hopefully it will subside so that morning sickness and it won't collide. So YES you CAN get pregnant soon after getting the paragard revmoved.
I had my paragard for almost 2 years. My fiance and I had sex 2 days before my appointment to have it removed on 5/13/10. It was removed easily (only spotted for about an hour that day) Then I started feeling sick at random times durring the day on 5/16/10. I took a digital EPT on 5/21/10, 5/22/10, and 5/24/10. All came out positive, so apparently I conceived the day I had my IUD removed. Ladies, it really depends on how your body reacts to the stresses you put on it. if it is resilient then you have hope if you have trouble don't give up...but don't stress yourself out. Stress and worry are never good for TTC. Keep that hope alive and do like the energizer bunny! Much luck to you all and eye <3 ewe awl.
I feel so positive right now by reading this post.  I'm scheduled to have my Paragard IUD removed tomorrow and according to my calendar I should be ovulating till Thursday.  My spirits are up lifted right now and I'm literally in tears!!
1st time on here and just wanted to say its good to hear that it all not doom and gloom when it comes to concieving after having the coil removed!
Had mine removed straight after last period, no bleeding, felt fine .Have been ttc. Waiting for my period to start, which I thought it was going to do, all the signs moody, sore boobs, a little bleeding after sex the day before it was due, then nothing, started again today (3 days later) but not properly. Not taken a test yet, as I dont feel pregnant as all, no symptoms, breast soreness gone etc. Put it down to coil being removed then panic'd doc didnt say anything about my cycle taking its time to go back to normal after removal, so have been wondering whats going on! How longs this going to take?
Long story short, its good to get some reasurence! Thanks
I got my paragard removed this wen 5-29-2013   me and my husband had sex two days before removal and the same day and everyday since! I got my fingers crossed! thank u guys for lifting my hopes up on TTC!
That is good to know. I had my Paragard removed on 08/28 and I started that day and lasted for a week. I spotted 10 days before my removal though. I spotted again on 09/13 - 09/15 and still no period. Only BFN and I have tested 3 times with the same tests they have in the dr's office. I am skeptical at this point. Wondering if I will get pregnant. I am going to test again on 09/25 and pray it is BFP. Me and my husband or really TTC. You just gave me hope. Thanks.
Welp we dicided to try for our last kid lol. I had my copper IUD removed last Thursday the 5th I think period came right on time 2 days later....wish me luck! On my second child I got 2 rounds of the shot and was pregnant within the month after very slim odds. So I'm hoping I'm just very fertile so it won't take long.I had my iud for 5 years. Are my chances of misscarrying high?
I just got my IUD removed has sex the night before and the same day I removed it I'm so exited about having my 2nd child... can wait to find out I'm pregnant !!!