Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
You CAN get pregnant without ewcm!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

You CAN get pregnant without ewcm!

Hi ladies, well, as some of you know I got my bfp last week.  Dh and I are so excited to say the least.  We have been through a couple of losses and so far so good with this one.  I am only 5 weeks so I hope everything works out.  Anyway, I wanted to post to give hope to those of you who are ttc and arent haveing ewcm or not very much.  I know I looked for anything that might help me and a lot of you gave me encouragement.  I had what I thought MIGHT be ewcm one evening this past month and trust me I know what it looks like.  Sorry tmi...it wasnt very stretchy...just a little and that was it and it was 5 days before ovulation.  So, I dont even know if it really was ewcm. I never had anything remotely close to ewcm again and I still got pregnant!!  So, dont  give up hope.  You just never know.  Other things I did was start eating a little healthier...more veggies and such....acupuncture for a month...exercise, bbt charting for the first time and I just took it really easy during 2ww and kept my mind occupied so I wasnt obsessing...as much.  :)  I hope bfps for anyone who is reading this.  I know the long hard journey of loss and ttc so I feel for all who want a baby so badly.  Good luck and God bless
Hi there!  I am curious. My husband and I have been TTC for over three years.  We have finally started seeing a Re. Well, I was supposed to start treament (clomid challenge) this past month, but I have a large cyst on my left ovary and we have to "wait" this month to see if it goes away on it's own.

My questions is, how does acupunture play a role in ttc?  I have read several posts on this and am very curious. If it will help, I would definitely do it. I guess I just don't know enough about it.
Thanks for the update and encouragement!!  I always love to hear the tips of those who were successful.

Good luck!!
I would highly recommend acupuncture to anyone ttc...epecially if they have a history of loss or infertility.  They say it works really well for women that have hormone imbalances, ovulation problems and certain infertility issues.  I dont think it really works for tubal blockage and stuff like that but anything hormonal it seems to have great results.  It gets blood flowing to your organs and regulates you.  My acupuncture doc told me that there are women that try for a very long time to become pregnant and then come to get acupuncture and end up getting pregnant within a very short time.  I honestly believe it works and if you look it up on the internet(acupuncture infertility) you will find a lot of success stories and people that are going through what you are right now.  Also, I have a friend that had an ovarian cyst and was going to have surgery...she decided to try acupuncture first and when she went back to be checked by the doctors...it was gone and they couldnt believe it.  So, its definitely worth looking into.  I wish you the best!!!
Thanks so much for the info.  I am going to do some research and talk with my husband about it.....anything that can help!
Yes, very encouraging to hear. I haven't really been tracking anything too much but been reading the posts on this site for awhile now. Last month I noticed my CM got my AF on Feb 21 (it was lighter than normal, tested and got a BFN). This month I am not noticing the CM, but I think I ovulated on March 10th possibly 11th. I think it was the 10th though, and we BD'd on cycle days 15, 18, 19. I know you're not suppose to two days in a row but we aren't technically officially trying yet. I have to tell all of you that reading everyone's posts are so helpful though!! Nice group of girls. My friends wouldn't understand at all.....so thank you!!!! My next AF is suppose to be March 23 or 24th.
Congrats again,
? how didi you know you were ovulating and when to BD without ewcm. didi you go by tour tems or just count out 14 days past CD1?
Yeah.  I have worried I have a CM problem as some months I see it others I dont.  good luck
My periods have been long...Ive only had 4 since my last miscarriage but they were like 30 to 40 days long.  So, I just bd the whole cycle every other day or every couple of days and tracked my bbt to know when I had ovulated.  Sure enough...cycle day 21 my temps rose and we had been bd.  So, I guess that was it.