Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Your Thoughts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Your Thoughts?

Hi all! I've been trying to conceive for 20 months so almost 2 years. Well went to fertility specialist on Friday and was recommended taking birth control pills for 1 month. I have a cyst on my left ovaries. Have you been told this before or know anyone who experienced this and got pregnant shortly after?
Avatar dr f tn
Ovarian cysts are a common gynecologic problem in females. It has been observed that women who use OC pills have fewer chances of ovarian cysts so birth control pills may be effective in decreasing the size of these cysts. Painful cysts or very large cysts are removed surgically.Endometriomas and PCOD are associated with decreased fertility. It is best to clarify your doubts with your gynecologist. Hope it helps.
Take care and regards!
yes girl to keep the cysts gone you will need metformin!
also cysts form when there is not a proper ovulation! GOD bless you! I knwo its hard but your blessing is closer than you think :)