Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
abdominal adhesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

abdominal adhesions

i have just found out i have adhesions in my tubes which the surgeon cut the majority away, has anyone ever conceived naturally after having these removed, or is IVF my only option? Please help me
How did this happen?  Did you just have surgery?
yeah i had my laparoscopy today andthe doc found adhesions he said if my right tube was any worse he'd have removed it.  now i don't know wat my chances are of conceiving without IVF
Did your dr tell you now that adhesions were cut away, that things look good for getting pregnant? did you have a previous c section or abdominal surgery that caused the adhesions?  I had lapro last august and the dr found some adhesions on my abdomen and my left tube but he said he fixed everything and there is no reason i shouldn't get pregnant. I had a subsequent HSG months later and dye flowed through so no problems but who really knows because I am still not pregnant! I had my son 2 1/2 years ago (conceived naturally without problems after the 3rd month of trying) when he turned 1, we tried for #2. almost 2 years later, still not pregnant ( also did one IUI 2 cycles ago and am currently in the 2ww for my 2nd IUI but don't feel like it worked as i'm having AF cramping) and i have had all the tests done and everything comes out fine... part of me thinks it could be the c section and maybe the adhesions did damage etc. but wouldn't the docs tell me that?
I had lap to unblock my tubes and I also had adhesions..I was told that anytime you have any type of surgery in that area that your at an increase for an ectopic pregnancy..I did get preggo 3 months after my Lap and unfortunetly it was ectopic..I had surgery to remove it and was able to keep my tube.
Then after having to wait 3 months after the surgery I got preggo again in Sept but it ended in MC..then I got preggo again in Nov..which again ended in MC..
So it is possible to get preggo after the surgery...
Also the thing that helped me get preggo was using the OPK's..when I used the line opk I never got preggo but everytime I used the digital ones I got preggo!
Good Luck!
thanks guys, no i've never been preggo so don't know how i got the adhesions, doc told me he cut away most of it but my best option to get preggo is IVF, he said my tubes were too thin and the dye wasn't going through quick enough there is also still a slight blockage near my right ovary