Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
abdominal pain during ovulation period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

abdominal pain during ovulation period

I juz want to know if ovulation can be sometimes associated with abdominal pain especially in the righo side of my abdpmen..at other times d pain is felt on the left side..there are months when pain is somewhat annoying, disturbing me..but it takes only more or less a day for this pain to endure..what can u say about this? Is ds normal or not? Wat steps could I possibly do to lessen d pain? I'm very conscious with dis because I really wanted to be pregnant for the second tym..thank you.
It is common and actually helpful if you are trying to get pregnant! I have the same ovulation pains every month, the day before I ovulate. It is awesome because it lets me know to try to conceive that day and the next. Some women have barely noticeable pain and others have really bad ovulation pain, but it is just a sign that your body is ovulating.
This is common and very normal. It's medical term is Mittelschmerz. The ovulation spasm/pain is a good indication of ovulation. If you are concerned about it, you can talk to your doctor.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers