Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
after abortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

after abortion

after abortion I bleed for almost 2 weeks and after that I had sex then after a week I'm starting to bleed again  for 4days and have clots passed again just like the normal period. my question is it is possible to get pregnant again??
since my period is done . I'm confused and I thought it was safe sex because after that my period is done.

please answer my question thanks,
The second bleed may have been left over from your operation or depending on how long your cycles are it may have been your period. If your not trying to get pregnant you should use protection or birth control, sperm can survive for up to 7 days inside you so there is never really a 'safe' time to have sex and not get pregnant.