Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
an I have successful Pregnancy after Laparoscopy and treament for Endom...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

an I have successful Pregnancy after Laparoscopy and treament for Endometriosis

I haven't been on this site for a while - I hope that during my absence you guys got a lot of BFP ;-)) I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and this wednesday I am going to have my laporoscopy done. I have been told that this will increase my chances to get pregnant and of course it will help to treat the discomfort I have from the endometriosis which makes my life really difficult - any words of wisdom?
Hello! well i'm sorry you got that diagnosis.. however hopefully this will help you get that sticky BFP even sooner! : )     i was diagnosed almost a year ago now with severe endo (one of the worst cases the dr had seen - great!!!) never had any symptoms besides spotting before AF... they found a huge endometioma via ultrasound.. anyhow i lost most of that ovary, and the dr didn't even clean anything else up becuase she didn't want to touch my bowels etc...however even with all that endo in there and no suppressive therapy afterwards with the help of an RE we have gotten preg twice-but mc (we also have male factor, pcos and LUFS!!) i don't spot anymore, so i think just gettting that endometrioma out helped in itself.. MANY people have great success getting sticky BFP's soon after thier laps though!  its an easy surgery to recover from, and they did a lot of work on me too..    
  one thing i've researched other ways to help endo and ttc.. i found that it seems that a wheat free diet (sounds impossible, but its really easy actually- they ahve so many gluten free options at most stores) can help with pain - even though i dont' have pain i thought maybe it would help with fertility, so i've done that since my surgery.. also took omega 3 supplements.. its thought that omega 3 decreases prostaglandins naturally, and thats what causes a "hostile" environment for conception they think.. so we have gotten preg, however genetic abnormality the first time.. and not sure wehat happened the second time.. but i'll continue on with the omega and wheat free!   GOOD LUCK! let me know if you have any questions!!  
oh i meant to say, my obgyn thought i should do lupron after my lap for three months... hwoever i researched and researched that as far as fertility goes and could not find any fertility benefits (pain=yes).. so i went to an RE and he agreed it doesn't really help with fertility, its just a toss up..femara for suppression of endo and fertility has not been researched enough yet though, but looks promising!    so we combine femara with my injections : )
I was looking at your response, and it seems like your endo was discovered via ultrasound?  Was that just a normal ultrasound, or one of those hydroultrasounds?

The reason I'm wondering is because for the past couple of months, I've had spotting starting at about 5 days after ovulation.  At first I thought maybe it was a low progesterone thing, but I had my levels checked, and they were 14, which is great!  My RE said he suspects maybe endo.  Of course, he's just going out on a limb.  I don't have any of the symptoms, but he said it could be a reason for the spotting.  

Anyway, I've had an ultrasound done and an HSG, and he hasn't seen endo.  I'm wondering if I had bad endo if it would show up on that like yours did.  Any info you had would be very helpful.  Thanks.
I just wanted to quickly say...I had my lap on Aug 28th....also SEVERE endo. Left tube/ovary completely fused to uterus (useless)...right tube 25% fused to uterus and my bowels fused to my uterus as well. They were not able to remove ANY endo b/c they were afraid that it would make the scarring worse if they tried to heal any of it by removal.
My doctor thought the best thing was the femara treatment. Right now I am on Femara/Aygestin treatment for 3 months. After that he feels either I can opt for surgery (bowel reconstruction, etc) OR TTC again using IUI/femara/injections. He states we can try that for 3 months, after that he'd move on to IVF.
I've read some good things about the femara therapy...and would be happy to share my experiences/ etc with anyone if you are interested in it as well. I don't know whether or not it will be successful, but we all know...us ladies are willing to do most anything to get our BFP!
I am little scared but this is my only hope for BFP - since I had 2 IVF's already and that didn't work ;-( So, now - this laporascopy is my only chance. The only problem is that I have blood clots and I migh have potential complications - but this is something I am aware of it...and I am put on the blood-thinning medications. So even if I got pregnant I have to stay on this medication - so I can avoid the risk.

hi all,

my lmp march10th i have irregular periods n done laparoscopy on march 20th . my doctor told me to go for iui  the next step to get pregnant. friends pls tell me the success rate n oone thing the report were normal , my husband count is 192 million