Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
anyone spot while on progesterone suppositories?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I'm almost 6 weeks pg and I had absolutely no spotting (well, implantation at 7 dpo and on O day) until my dr put me on progesterone. This is my first pg, and the only reason I tested it is because of my sil who encouraged me to get it checked. Well, my levels were at 14.8, so they weren't too bad, but I was put on suppositories to be safe. THe day after I started the first one, I spotted, and it was reddish. I was freaked out, called the dr on call, and she said not to worry and it's common in the beginning whether on prog or not. When it prescribed to me, the nurse said it will cause spotting, but now I'm concerned. I took it really easy yesterday, and never saw red, only bouts of pink and brown, but nothing too bad. I did wear a liner, but it wasn't going through it...not even close. It just freaks me out. SO anyone else have this? My spotting was brown this morning. Thank you!
I have been on the progesterone since 2 days after my IUI.  I did spot a few days after my BFP. I think it is hard to say that they are related. You may think they are b/c you just started something new but it could just be normal spotting with pregnancy. I would try not to get too worried unless it is bright red.
Well, the nurse told me that it would cause spotting, but it was red on Saturday....very little but red.  I called the dr and she saidnot too worry yet, but I just didn't know if anyone else experienced it.
Do you think that you could be spotting because the applicator is bumping/irritating your cervix??  Just a thought, and I heard it does happen...
Well, this may be gross, but I don't have an applicator.  I have seen that the progesterone itself can be irritating, and I have spotted really since saturday, aside from a little brown here and there, but I'm feeling more confident since it's been almost 2 days now since I saw that little bit of red and I don't have cramping or anything.  I guess I just have to take it easy until the first trimester is over.
Yes take it easy =)
You girls are soooooo funny! :0)
Well take it as easy as possible. You will make the three weeks. Retail therapy thats a fancy word for shopping always makes me keep my mind off things=) But I know it is easier said then done.
I actually think retail therapy will be perfect:)  How awesome!  Thank you-  I need an excuse to go shopping anyway.  Now that I won't be working out as much, I'll have more time to do that.  YEAH!!!!  Thanks:)
Your welcome...
I wrote I have been spotting since saturday..meant have NOT been, but just now I think I had a pinkish red streak on the tp (sorry, but no other way to say it). I'm an exec assistant (fancy word for secretary), and basically sit at my desk all day.  Even getting up and going to the bathroom (that is forever away), makes me feel like I'm going to start spotting.  My dh keeps telling me to take it easy, but he's the one who wants me to keep this job until I'm halfway into my pg.  We're going to have to revisit that topic if the first ultrasound goes ok, and if I can make it three more weeks here.  They are also painting across the hall, and I'm sort stuck with the fumes...sorry to compain, maybe it's the hormones....k, I'm finished:)
I'm so glad I found this thread.  Today I'm 13 days past IUI.  Yesterday I had my blood test to confirm a positive pregnancy.  But today I started bleeding.  The nurse said it can be caused by the suppositories.  I'm still scared though I'm miscarrying.  Throughout the day, when I pee some blood comes out, but overall I've been dabbing my opening with tp and slight sposts or nothing appears.  I'm trying to stay positive until my beta test tomorrow to see if my levels have increased or decreased.  I wish they would have told me BEFORE to expect some bleeding instead of letting me totally freak out today, cry and call in to hear about the possibility and not to worry.  Right.
I am ttc and have been spotting on and off ever since my HCG shot.  I'm now on progesterone suppositories in case I would get pregnant- I'll find out next week.  Has anyone spotted before they found out they were pregnant while using progesterone?