Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
anyone starting the tww this week?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 601-726 comments:
Hi Ladies just came in to see how you all are doing...

I am on my 2WW I do my progesterone ((I think)) on 12/7 and then my beta on 12/14....  

Lots of Baby Dust to all.... :-)
Hi There

Hope the pregnant ladies are doing well!

For those of us still waiting, hopefully we get our good news soon.  

Yesterday I was really down and thought that AF is on it's way, eventhough I was only on cd25.  I had funny stomach cramps the whole night which felt like my period pains.  I just felt that if the IUI didn't work, then I am giving up and not doing anymore treatment.  I didn't get my period, but think it may still come, cause I don't have clear cm...also known as pregnancy mucus.  I have had sore nipples for the last 2 days though which isn't usual for me.  Could I still be pregnant if I have white cm, does anyone know.
So you heard the heart beat during your u/s?  Did you find out if it was one or multiples??  Really glad everything looked good during the u/s!
I am going to start injectables today.  I have not every done them, but they are starting me on a high dosage, so I hope i don't go too crazy! How is everyone doing?

Sending lots of baby dust,
Risa
Hi Friend....

On what dosage did they start you on??
Hi Cleto,
They started me on 225 bravelle and 150 menopur on cd 3 - cd 8.  I go back on cd 9 to see how I did.  How are you feeling?

Risa
Hi; I am doing fine... I am 6DIUI and still feel some pain in my ovaries... Oh that is so good they started you with a high dosage... Wow I hope this will we our month...
Risa - good luck with the injectables! How do you feel? I was a little nervous about the injectables at first, but they did not hurt like I thought they would. Just make sure to ice the spot first.

Cleto - how are you feeling?

lgayle - how are you doing?

I had to take a few days off and digest everything. At my u/s last week we found out we are pg with twins. There was no mistaking it. We saw both heartbeats. Then the RE told us that given my age, etc.  there is a 40-50% chance we will miscarry at least one of them.  Which of course scared/scares me. I know that what is meant to be will happen. But that is the logical side of me and not the emotional side. Me and my DH are excited and nervous. A part of me can't help but plan for what we hope will happen, but I'm trying not to get too excited. We go back for another u/s on Wed and if all goes well then another next Wed.
The approach you are taking is a very good, but with God ALL things are possible so stay very positive and plan for what God has given you today and he is the only one that can see you through this emotional roller coaster! He has blessed you this far, so keep your faith and you all will continue to be in my prayers!
TWINS!!! I am so happy for you!! I will pray that they both grow healthy and strong and that your Wed appt goes well.

I am feeling pretty good, just sleepy.  I am very excited about Friday's appt.  I am praying that I responded well and that I can do an IUI on Saturday or early next week.  

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
I'm so excited about your news, such a blessing.  And I'm sure you won't have any problems and your pregnancy will go very smooth.  Everything is going ok with me.  They bumped up my injection doses but forgot to order me the femera.  By the time I realized, it was too late.  I still may have 4 follies (they were all around 14 today) and I go back in to check on the progress on Friday.  Four makes me both excited and nervous for the off chance all 4 mature and fertilize.  I guess with my track record I shouldn't be concerned.  We also did all the blood work and haven't received the results yet.  Last chance before IVF... fingers crossed.
Docsaf- So happy for you and your DH and your twins... I hope they are wrong and you will keep them both...

All- I went in this morning for blood and my progesterone was at 22 and estrogen was 1026... Please help what does that mean??
cleto- well i can tell you that 1 mature egg gives off about 1000 estrogen and all the other ones or little ones give off smaller amounts. and progesterone rises throughout your cycle to create a lining in your uterus for possible implantation of eggs.

docsaf- i thought you would have twins in there, congratulations! im shocked that i only have one in me as my levels were similar to yours, but at the same time happy. im sure it will be fine.

igayle-i just fell pregnant on my "last chance before ivf" cycle. i decided to have a little fun, drank alcohol and relaxed more than i had ever be able to and it worked. good luck-try and relax.

i just got back from my first obstetrician appointment where i met the midwife. had all my bloods re-done as they have to be current when pregnant. meet the actual OB on friday and he will scan me again which im looking forward to very much.
Docsaf congratulations on your double blesssing. so much of excitment.... yippeee..
Risa; igayle; cleto; kikkleh; how are you?

i have no idea what day where i am or what is happening... :)  i am lost count.. I can say its a great relief and sad at the same time....
I have finally stopped treatement no more fermara, progestron, estregone, bla bla just normal life i started to have a drink my frist in months.. Thought i would love it more than i did but nice to say i dont drink..
Congrats to all your ladies that have you bfps and hope all the other ladies have thiers soon. For me its dosent matter either way.. almost christmas time. i cant wait a christmas with some tradtional champs.. yum yum...
ssbd to all and a happy christmas....
Durban - that sounds like a great feeling. I can't remember a time when I wasn't counting days, etc.

cleto - sorry I don't know how to interpret the estrogen number during the tww. Your prog number sounds good. The first time I was pg it started off close to 30 but declined to 17 or 18. My RE was not concerned (you know I was) and said that number was good for 1st trimester.

lgayle - 4 follies is great! It is hard to imagine the problem of too many fertilizing. My RE was always very concerned about this; it was hard for me to imagine. Good luck! Your iui may be on Sat then?

Risa - is Fri your first u/s? Good luck!

kikkleh - so were you released to the regular OB? I go back 1 more time to the RE and then I made an appt with my regular OB for the following Wed. It is reassuring getting frequent u/s. I know I will miss them when they go away.

How is everyone doing?

I am staying positive. We saw both heartbeats again today. Neither of them were cooperating though for the measurements. Me and my DH have started calling them B2 and B3 - our DS was the bean when we were pg with him. B3 was hiding against the wall and then when the u/s tech tried to take a pic for us of both of them together, B2 started hiding against the wall as well which made it impossible to see either of them from the same/almost any angle. I could clearly see their h/b. That was a great feeling. I keep telling myself that I just have to make it through the 1st trimester and then the risk will go down. I'm already more than halfway there.
Hi hon, I am fine just here on my 2WW and waiting for my beta to come on 12/14/10... I went for my blood work yesterday and my progesterone was at 22 and estrogen was 1026...  IDK what that means or if I should not even worry about it...

Good to hear from you...

Lots of Baby Dust to you all....
yes, have been released to my OB-was so exciting to hear that i dont have to go to the clinic again! i havent had an ultrasound since my first but i have an appointment with him tomorrow and he will give me one then-ill be happy when i see everything is ok again! im very paranoid about something going wrong.

well we are both past the half way mark of the first trimester-im 8 weeks tomorrow, so im feeling good about it all. hope all goes well for you.
docsaf - Yes, Friday is my u/s to see if the injectables worked.  I am excited and praying that they are what I needed. If all goes well, I will do another IUI this cycle. I will see what my results are and go from there.  So happy to hear your twins are doing well.  Such a miracle! When you started this thread, you were hoping for one healthy baby and god willing you will have two this pregnancy!  

Durban - I finally and used to using injectables.  It is a lot of work for me, to mix five vials of meds and then inject.  I do feel bloated, but hopefully my Friday u/s will tell me it was worth it!  I hope your break is what you needed and you get your bfp soon.

cleto - 12/14 will be here soon!  Sending you baby dust!!!

Igayle- Hurray, four follies is a great number.  Good luck!!

Risa
Thanks... Yes 5 more days....
kikkleh - How did your appointment go?

docsaf - I have a strong feeling B2 and B3 are going to be very healthy and happy babies.  I know you probably can't help worrying (I know I would be too).  Make sure and try to relax and keep us posted!

Went in for the u/s today.  3 follies over 20, one at 18.5, and several more at 13 and 14.  So it looks like I will ovulate 3 or 4. Trigger tonight and iui on Sunday (test day Dec 26).  Ok so I have a confession.  When I realized that femera didn't get order for me like it was suppose to, I decided to do daily injections instead of every other day like the RE told me to help compensate.  I know that was probably irresponsible of me, but I felt is would be a wasted cycle if I didn't.  I actually feel really guilty by it, but if it works it will be worth it.

For those in the tww, good luck on your upcoming results.  I feel we are going to have a few Christmas presents to celebrate on here.
Hi ladies!

I just got back from my vacation and was so excited to see BFP's for docsaf and kikkleh!! Congratulations!!! That was great news to come back to. Here's to hoping I won't be far behind you two. :)

Vacation was a much-needed break for me. It was so nice to be away, but I am happy to be back. We are trying natural this month and will start with injectables + iui next cycle.

Durban - enjoy your next few months of freedom and no counting days! And have fun planning your wedding!

Risa - how are you doing? I see you are starting injectables. Will you be doing iui or ivf?

cleto - good luck! Crossing my fingers for you.

Good luck and baby dust to all!!
docsaf- U/s just too soon on cd 9, I usually go on cd 12, so I am going back on Monday.  Lining is already 8.5 mm so I am excited for that.  How are your twins doing?

BeeHappy76- I hope to do an IUI this cycle, so hopefully Monday I will have good results.  I am just getting the hang of injectables, taking bravelle and menopur.  Dr. says since af lasted until cd 6, that is probably why follies didn't grow much yet.  Probably need a few more days past my Monday appt, but we will see.  Seeing my dr who does IVF, so he will be able to tell me what he thinks for a future cycle if needed.

Igayle- Your follies are GREAT!! I am glad you did your injectables daily, I do mine daily, so I would not feel guilty at all.  Good luck with your IUI this Sunday!!

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
Well I went to the doctor yesterday and it's TWINS! Two heart beats, both strong and two sacks, so it's definitely fraternal twins! The doctor said everything looked great and I have only one more appointment with him and then released back to my OB. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. My DH must have said WOW about fifty times yesterday.

I'll be praying for everyone to get the desires of their heart and congratulations to all the pregos out their and everyone else I know your time is coming very soon!
Cleto - good luck! Your tww is almost over. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on Tues.

lgayle - those follies are so big! I never had more than 1 over 18. Don't feel guilty - what's done is done. If it works it might be b/c of the extra push.

Risa- sometimes the follies need an extra push. I hope you see bigger follies tomorrow.

LDrummer - congrats! Me and my DH are still saying wow.

Beehappy - welcome back from your well-deserved vacation.

Everything is going well here. I'm nauseous and very sleepy. But I keep telling myself these are good things. Fingers crossed. I have an u/s on Wed. If all goes well, I will be released from the RE to the regular OB.
igayle- dont worry-i did a few "naughty" things this cycle-i increased my dose without their knowledge as i was sick of getting only 1 follicle. they cancelled my cycle as i ended up with about 3-4 mature ones and i did all the trigger and booster shots on my own-now im pregnant with 1!

ldrummer- congratulations! i thought you would have twins in there! what a great month for this forum! hoping there will be lots more joining us in baby bliss soon.

i had another scan when i went to my obstetrician on friday and we got to hear the heartbeat! was amazing-i was so excited. he said everything is on track which is music to my ears. now i have to wait until the 13 week scan which is booked for 12th jan to make sure there are no abnormalities and we are out of the danger zone.
Kikkleh and Docsaf- thank you all so much, God is truly in the miracle working business and I think our BFP are just the beginning of a whole lot more to come! Blessings to all and baby dust too!
Thanks so much for your wishes and prayers.... Still having done a hpt and don't think I will..... My DH says 1 more day :-)..... I hope it's our month.... I have no symtoms (symptoms) :-(.....

Blessing to All & SSBD as well......
LDrummer - Congrats!! That is so exciting.  Twins seem like such a blessing.

docsaf - I know feeling nauseous is no fun, but like you, I wouldn't mind if the reason was a pregnancy.  I would say good luck on the u/s but I know B2 and B3 are going to be just fine and developing like crazy.  Let me know how it goes.

kikkleh - Exactly the same as me.  So tired of only one egg!  I hope my story ends the same way yours did. :)

cleto - Good luck on your test tomorrow!!

IUI went fine on Sunday.  Hurt as usual.  Couldn't find my cervix for a really long time.  Got to bring my husband along finally since it was on a weekend (or made him come along as was actually the case).  The nurse said several times that I had a lot of vaginal secretions (sorry if that's too much info) probably from the meds.  They have never said that before so I was a little embarrassed.  My DH even joked about it later.  Went in for an u/s this morning and I did ovulate 4 eggs.  Fingers crossed. Blood work came back and they did see a problem, one of which was folic acid.  I have a consult to discuss tomorrow.
Lgayle04- Thanks so much... I am so scared I hope I get a BFP tomorrow on my beta....

ALL: Today I had some very light blood when I wipe my self and again very very light pink when I went in to the bathroom again ((sorry TMI)) , I am soo scared I hope it's not AF coming... Please help any one who has gone thur this?? I am on my 13DIUI I am having my beta tomorrow morning at 7:30 am....

SSBD to ALL.... :-)
I am having an IUI on Wednesday, looks like I have two follies and good lining.  I am excited and praying this is the cycle that I get a bfp.  

Cleto- sending you prayers for tomorrow's test!

Risa
Cleto - if AF was here you would know it. Stay positive! Good luck with your beta tomorrow!

Risa - 2 follies - that's great! I read your homepage - one of them is 22. That is such a nice size. Everything is going in your favor. Good luck with the iui on Wed!

lgayle - Wow - 4 follies. That's great. Is your folic acid too high or too low? I did not even know they measured that. Good luck with the consult and the tww. I hope you get a very good X-mas present this year. My RE made the same comment about my cm before and he said it like it was such a wonderful thing.

SSBD to the 3 of you!

Everything is going well. The nausea has now turned into afternoon GI issues (after a morning of nausea) - sorry TMI. So not fun. I just hope this is temporary. If not, the longest it should last is 7.5 more months. I hopefully have my last appt (ever) with the RE tomorrow. I hope to be released to the regular OB, but there is something reassuring about the frequent monitoring I get with the RE. I've decided that me and my DH should tell our families we are pg this X-mas. (I still have to convince DH of this) Last time we waited until after we got through the 1st trimester. I'm growing so much quicker this time. And someone might ask/many will wonder if I avoid fish on X-mas eve and alcohol completely during the holiday season. We shall see. I will probably change my mind many times as I'm afraid to jinx myself.

Everyone have a great day!  

Just had my consult.  RE said I was borderline on a blood clotting disorder.  He doesn't think that is the reason for the m/cs.  It's on the lower end of the borderline so it probably isn't going to be an issue, we will test again once I get pregnant.  I am also the carrier of a single gene folate disorder.  Apparently its much worse when it's double.  I don't efficiently break down folates into the usable vitamins.  You treat it by giving yourself an excessive amount of folate.  So I got a prescription for a mega supplement.  My RE gave me a choice if I wanted to treat the borderline blood clotting disorder even though he doesn't think its the problem, he recommended we do nothing.  That sounded the most reasonable.  I really hope I'm not making a mistake.
I got a BFN!!

I got up about 5am and I was cramping really bad and also I was bleeding ((sorry TMI)), so like about 8am "AF" came :-(... I cried sooo hard, when I got the call, I guess because I am super tried already and I know I shouldn't be since this is my 2IUI...

Now I have to wait until after the new year due to my RE office being closed from Dec. 23rd to Jan. 3rd... I am sooo sad IDK what else to do....

SSBD TO ALL
Cleo stay strong. I know its hard, i also sobbed my heart out when my third iui didn't work. Your baby soul just not ready yet. Will be soon. Xxx
IUI went well, feeling really good today!  How is everyone else doing?

Risa
lgayle - not the best news, but at least the folate issue is easily fixable and your RE will monitor you closely if you get pg.

cleto - sorry to hear about AF arriving. this is an exhausting process. It might only be your 2nd iui, but I'm sure you had been TTC for several months before seeing an RE. try to relax. Trust that your RE will let you know if you need to do anything. I drive/drove myself nuts wondreing what more I can/could do to stay/get pg. These thoughts just cause more stress and don't help you.

Risa - that sounds great! Good luck!

I have officially been released to the regular OB. We saw both h/b's again. I feel pretty good, but I'm still nervous. My RE is very optimistic, but he is also realistic. He asked that we let him know how everything goes and that he thinks everything will work out fine. I would have preferred a stronger endorsement. But I am choosing to stay positive. I have an appt with my regular OB next Wed - I will be 9w. The testing then begins ~2-4 weeks later. I will have plenty of opportunities to see the beans over the next month. I will be monitored pretty closely. Hopefully by then I will feel more secure that everything will work out.
Hello ladies,  things have been going good on my end and no nausea, thank God. I go back to see my RE for the last time on 12/28 and then my OB on 1/4. I can't wait to see the heartbeats again because I don't really feel anything. Thanks for all the well wishes and congrats to all the good things going on this month for everyone. Many blessings and prayers to all!

LDrummer
Can anyone tell me how long did your RE keep you on progesterone after BNP?
do you mean the testing for downs syndrome etc? or are you having other testing done?

well im 9 weeks at the moment and still praying everything is ok. my nausea has pretty much gone away and im not needing a nap everyday-maybe every third. have to wait another 3.5 weeks til i have my next ultrasound for downs syndrome-and get the "all clear 13 week mark".
LDrummer - good luck! it is very reassuring to keep seeing the h/b's. My RE just told me to stop the prog support at my last visit - 8w. He told me to stop the estradiol at 6w. I was nervous to do so, but my DH convinced me that it was time. This whole process brings out the control freak in me, but I have to have faith, trust, and let go.

Kikkleh - yes - the first part of the triple screen. I assume that the test is the same regardless of being pg with a singleton or 2+. Last time the specialist did a 3d u/s at 13w and it was really amazing. I also had b/w and then had more b/w taken 4 weeks later (I think it was 4w). Based on these 2 tests they came up with the odds that the baby had ds, neural tube defects, etc.

The nausea is better some days and awful other days. I keep telling myself it won't last forever - at most another 7 months. I've been keeping busy with holiday shopping, etc. Not enough time to do everything... at least it is keeping my mind busy.
i see. i didnt know that they found defects in the previous one.
as you have two in there im sure your nausea has been worse! my nausea has actally stopped altogether. i basically was only nauseous for weeks 5,6 and some of 7.
now im just waiting for the 13 week scan and then hopefully ill stop worrying!
How is everyone doing?? Any upcoming HPT tests??  Well a little less than a week to go for me.  I will probably test around Christmas day.  Merry Christmas everyone!
Hey there! I am doing fine, in the 2ww.  Planning on doing a hpt on Dec. 25 and beta is Dec. 28. I decided not to take progesterone this cycle since lining was great, so if AF stays away past Dec. 26, then I will be excited.  Sending baby dust to all, Risa
Risa, lgayle: I am on a similar schedule at you, too. Christmas is 14 dpo and I will test then. Maybe we will get very special Christmas presents this year. :)

I had spotting at 9 dpo, so maybe that is a good sign. But I also had that 2 mos ago and was BFN, so trying not to get my hopes up. Good luck to all and Merry Christmas!
Sending you baby dust!  I really hope AF doesn't show for either of us!!
Risa
lgayle, Risa, BeeHappy - SSBD! I pray you each get what you want for X-mas.

I met with the OB yesterday and all went well. It was my 1st visit so she went over the tests that may/may not be done and any questions I had. I have a growth scan scheduled for Jan 4, a meeting with the genetics counsellor on Jan 7, and the first part of the sequential screen on Jan 12. And then my next monthly visit is Jan 19. So I will be spending lots of time at the OB. It's a little overwhelming b/c I am starting to worry less and am feeling more confident that everything will be all right. So now, the pregnancy does not seem long at all, but the list of things to do does. It's a good feeling to have.

Good luck to all and happy holidays!
glad to hear you are doing well. i have my bloods for the downs syndrome scan done this week and then the scan on the 12th. so im hanging on til then. my nausea and tiredness have gone away and im 10 weeks today. i just keep praying everything is going ok inside me!

to everyone hoping for a positive result for xmas GOOD LUCK! wishing you all a great christmas.
Well, I did not get what I was hoping for for Christmas. :( Instead AF paid me a visit. Hope some of you ladies got a better Christmas present than me!

But on the positive side, the timing of this cycle is good and I will be able to start meds tomorrow for an iui cycle. If the timing had been different I would have had to wait this cycle out due to the RE office being closed for 3 days over New Years. Praying that the higher dose of meds this cycle (plus it will be my 1st iui) will do the trick!
As always, this cycle was very odd.  I took a hpt Christmas Day and it was positive, although still light.  I was out of town that day visiting family.  I got back home Sunday and decided to take another test.  All I had were digital test.  It came back "not pregnant".  I usually do pretty well when I get bad news (BFN) but seeing the actual words on the test hit me hard. I had been spotting that day so I was sure AF was on the way... although I have never spotted on progesterone before.  So I didn't take my meds last night.  Today I decided to take my last digital test so I would never have to see it in writing again and it said pregnant.  I couldn't believe it.  I am not going to get too excited because I have a history of chemical pregnancies, but I still can't help being a little happy.  Should have the results of the beta test tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.
Congrates hope you got back on progesterone!! Hope your beta results are great tomorrow!!!
Risa
Congrats!! Looking forward to good news about your beta #s tomorrow!

wishing you a positive outcome.
Beta came back at 73!  Progesterone is a little low.  I'm pretty excited now, just praying it doubles tomorrow.
hey your beta result is really good...if low on progesterone i think you will need some of it to increase your level......very happy for you
AF just arrived today, so I am back to cycle 1.  Heading to Texas tomorrow, so next cycle will be without meds.  

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
Had my last appointment with my RE today and it was bitter sweet! Babies are both doing great and growing at the same rate and very strong heartbeats. DH and I are very thankful and we'll be seeing my OB next Tuesday.  

Congrats lgayle04 and blessing to all that are BFN or trying! I hope that 2011 is the year for us all!

Ldrummer
Beta was 225 today!! I was so scared when she called, half expecting bad news, that I didn't ask about progesterone.  I can't believe it might actually be happening.  I never thought it would.  I have absolutely no pregnancy symptoms yet.  u/s scheduled for 1/12.

SSBD to all!
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news! Was this a natural cycle or did you take meds?
Question about iui... For those of you who have done it before, can you tell me what to expect? I have my 1st iui next week and am nervous. Did it hurt? Was your hubby in the room?
I can answer any questions about IUI's since I have had a zillion, LOL  It doesn't hurt, it feels a lot like a check up.  A little cramping when the syringe goes in, but it is done within a minute.  The hard part is dropping off the sample and then they wash the sperm and then you come back a few hours later.   You should not bd 48 prior so the sample is good.  One of my offices say to bd that night after IUI and the other one says not to, so I don't know which one is right.  My hubby is always at work, no need for him to miss a day.  The procedure takes less than 5 minutes and then they always ask me to lay for 10 minutes before dressing and going on with my day. If you have more questions, let me know.
Risa
hi, i had a few of those too. they are nothing to worry about. the only time i was uncomfortable was when one of the times the nurse touched the wall of my uterus and it felt like a sharp cramp, but the other times it was painless. i got a small amount of spotting with them. my clinic doesnt make the girls lie down afterwards-they say that the cervix closes as soon as the catheter is taken out and no sperm is lost. fingers crossed it works for you.

lgayle- congratulations! thats fantastic news. good luck for the rest of the pregnancy.
BeeHappy76 - Not a natural cycle.  I did injections (Gonal F) and iui.  I ended up releasing 4 eggs.

I don't know if it is just me worrying or hormones, but the last two nights I have woken up at 1 or 2 am and could not go back to sleep.  I'm exhausted.  Just lay awake in bed for 3 or 4 hours.  I have never done this before.  I also started heparin injections yesterday, just to be on the safe side.  Two injections daily... :(  
Risa, kikklieh - Thanks so much for the info about iui. You made me much less nervous about it. I am going to try relax as much as possible and visualize good things! Wish my hubby could be there too but I'm not sure he can take the whole morning off work. It is kind of weird to think about possibly getting pg without him in the room! (although I guess it doesn't usually happen until hours later anyhow)

lgayle - I am doing gonal-f + iui this month too, so I hope I will have the same result as you! :) I hope you start sleeping better soon. I have heard that can be a side effect in pregnancy.
Hello Ladies,

I had a little scare yesterday, had a brownish discharge about an hour after I woke up and called my ER, he said there was nothing to worry about because it was a strong pregnancy but if I was worried since I was out of town to go to the ER and let them check. So we went to the ER and the ultrasound showed everything was normal and no reason for the dischrge. Doctor said take it easy and if it continues to return. Well the discharge stopped for the rest of the night. I just woke up and the discharge is back! Not sure if this is common or what but I didn't have this with my DD and I'm a little nervous. I go see my OB now on Monday instead of Tuesday, but can anyone tell me if this has happened to them?

LDrummer
Hello-

Beehappy76, Risa - sorry to hear that AF arrived.

Beehappy76 -  you have heard from a few people already, but I'll give you my exp as well. I had 6 iui's and none were painful. For one of the iui's, the uterus was a little off to the side more than usual. (I don't understand how it can move) so the doctor had to poke around for a little while and it was uncomfortable. That was the only time I felt anything. The other 5 times, it was quicker and less uncomfortable than a pelvic exam. My DH was not with me for any of them. His job is not so flexible that he can take off an hour (or 2) at 10 or 11.

lgayle - Congrats! Those are great numbers! I had nights when I woke up to go to the bathroom and could not fall right back asleep. For me, I was not sure if it had anything to do with me falling asleep at 8 to begin with.

LDrummer - Sorry to hear about your scare. I have not had a brownish discharge, but the last week I have had a clear discharge. I had not had this the previous weeks so I find it disturbing, but the OB said it was normal when I called.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I hope 2011 is a very good year for all of us. I am doing well. The nausea is mostly gone, but I am still exhausted. Me and my DH told the families at X-mas that we are expecting twins (my belly has popped) and they were stunned that we are pg with twins. I go back to the doctor this week for a growth scan - not sure what that is, I did not get one with my 1st pg. We meet with a genetics counsellor this week also and then i go for the 1st part of my sequential screen next week. The sequential screen is not accurate when pg with more than 1, but we will get the 1st part done anyway. The u/s may help us decide if we are at higher risk or not and whether or not we want additional tests done. The results will not influence whether or not we go through with the pg, but the info would be good in case we have to make special childcare arrangements, etc. For those starting a new cycle, good luck. For everyone, relax.
My iui is scheduled for Tues morning. Only have 1 foll (disappointed about that, since I was on higher dose of gonal-f this cycle), and several more smaller that will not have time to catch up, but lining looks good.

docsaf - Thanks for the info about iui. It is nice to know that for so many people it has not been painful.

LDrummer - how are you? I hope your spotting has stopped. I do know several people who had bleeding in early pg and carried to term - I think it is not super uncommon. (but completely nervewracking none the less)
BeeHappy76 - I hope your iui went smoothly this morning.

LDrummer - how did you appt go yesterday??

docsaf - I am really glad your nausea is mostly gone.  Is your family ecstatic?? I would love twins.  The only down side is that I would have to come clean about my fertility treatments since twins do not run in my family.  I haven't told anyone except my husband and a friend who went through the same thing (and of course you guys).

Well I had another beta test this, b/c I couldn't just wait for the u/s next week.  It makes me so nervous b/c the results could break my heart or make me super happy. I do feel fairly optimistic since I have had a couple of pregnancy symptoms.... not nearly as much as I had expected though.  Will let you know when I find out the results.  
Beta came back at 1755. I thought it would be a little higher, but I'm still happy.
Congrates, beta sounds great!
Risa
hi guys, well my bump is growing nicely-actually quite big!-everyone keeps asking "are you sure theres only one in there?" im nearly 12 weeks now-a milestone im so happy to be reaching. still sleeping everyday but it has reduced from 2 hours to about 45 mins now. have a few pains at the moment-midwife said it is the baby coming up out of my pelvis. apart from that i rarely get nausea.
i have the scan for abnormalities next wed and have asked for it to be a 3d scan so im really excited. absolutely dying to know the sex though!
iui went well today. No problems and not uncomfortable. I go back tomorrow morning for a 2nd one at 48 hrs after trigger. I was just going to do one, but sperm count was on the low side so I thought chances might be better with 2nd iui...Not sure about the timing b/c 48 hrs after trigger seems like it might already be too late, but will give it a try anyhow. Beta will be 1/18.

docsaf, kikkleh, lgayle - glad to hear all is going well for you guys!!
lgayle - your beta sounds good!
kikkleh - wow, I can't believe you are already starting to show!
docsaf - how exciting that you told everyone!

risa - hope your cycle is going well.
I was have ovulation pain on cd 6, tested on cd 7 and my monitor went to high!  Today, cd 9, it is still high, but I really think I ovulated yesterday! My temp is over 98.  I am going for u/s tomorrow, and a consultation with my dr, so we will see!!! I might be starting the 2ww already tomorrow.

Glad your first IUI went well.  Sending you baby dust of your one today!
Risa
Hello Ladies,

I'm doing better, just been going to the doctor everyday and having u/s. Had to see a specialist yesterday and get a cervical scan which she saw several pockets of blood which she wasn't comfortable with. She told me I needed to change my diet and make sure a gain at least 30 lbs with this pregnancy.  My OB also scanned me yesterday and hecsaid that he might have to stitch up my cervix in about a week or two.  But DH and I got to see the babies on the specialist u/s and it was great, they have strong heartbeats, both legs and both arms! It is amazing to see, belly picking out quite a bit but still not feeling really pregnant. Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes.
Hi everyone,
I did ovulated early, progesterone level confirmed it! So, I am already 3po.  This could be a short cycle for me since I ovulated so darn early.  Oh well, I do have a plan b if this cycle doesn't work.

How is everyone else doing?
Risa

hi everyone, am officially 13 weeks pregnant now and have announced it to the world! i had the downs syndrome scan and everything was perfect-very low chance of any abnormalities and my placenta is at the back which they said means ill feel the baby kick soon-maybe in another few weeks. they were going to tell me the sex but the little bugger had its legs crossed! i am now dying to know if its a boy or girl. cannot believe i am finally going to have a baby after all the needles and heartbreaks!

good luck to everyone still trying to get that amazing bfp-its worth all the needles and procedures in the end.
Beehappy76 - how are you doing? Your tww is more than half done. Beta next Tuesday?

LDrummer - are you going back to see the specialist? If changing your diet is all you need to do, then that is reassuring. I also love to see the babies.

Risa - Since you O'd early are you taking any prog support? Good luck with this cycle.

kikkleh - Congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester! I am about 1 week behind you. I have already popped so we have been telling people as we see them.

I met with the genetics counsellor last Friday. The one I met with when I was pg with my DS was so optimistic. She gave us the facts but also stressed that most likely everything would be fine. This one was very fact oriented but kep adding things like, "if you m/c one twin after the first part of the sequential screen then they won't be able to do the 2nd part b/c the results won't make sense. Not that this is likely to happen, but it recently happened to another woman" She said similar things at least 2 other times. As well as stressed that there are a lot of false positives b/c the results are hard to interpret. Luckily, the first part of the test (the u/s) went very well. Both babies NT measurements were well below 3 (the cut-off for high risk). Baby B (B3) is going to be a troublemaker. Baby A (B2) was kicking and punching - moving but not wildly. B3 was literally using the sac as a springboard and doing flips, spinning, etc. This is the 2nd time B3 has been seen doing this on an u/s and it makes me nervous that he/she just doesn't rest. Overall they both look great - we can clearly see the arms and legs. Both are measuring a few days ahead. I am not worrying as much as when I was pg with my DS. \

Good luck to all in the tww and to the already pg ladies.
well i think you will be fine-you have made it mostly out of the first trimester and the babies look healthy and active.
i have quite a large belly-it actually was noticed by many people who didnt know i was pregnant when i was only 6 weeks! so now i am 13 weeks it is very obvious! i love it though-i keep taking photos every few weeks of it and the change is amazing to see. when you live with your belly everyday the growth doesnt seem so obvious-but the camera shows the difference!
im sure your belly will be quite far out as there are 2 in there!

i have an obstetrician appointment on the 16th feb which is the day after my birthday, ill be 17.5 weeks then and am going to demand to find out the sex-just hope the baby cooperates!

my best friend is also pregnant, im due 22nd, she is due 27th-amazing how we managed to time that to be giving birth in the same week! does that make your due date close to hers?

ldrummer-hope your doing well, must have been scary to see pockets of blood on ultrasound. did she say what it may mean?
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I hope I will be joining you soon in the excitement (and worries too) about pregnancy.

My tww is more than half way over - tomorrow is 10 dpo. Beta is Tues. I will test before then so I am prepared when the nurse calls with the results... Will try to hold out as long as possible though.

Risa - how is your tww wait going?
docsaf & BeeHappy- Really confused this cycle, started spotting 4 dpo and thought it was a good sign for implantation bleeding. Then spotted 5dpo and 6dpo so started progesterone since it was just a spot.  On 7dpo had pink spotingt. Now, 9dpo still spotting on progesterone, so I think AF wants to arrive early?  Going to stay on progesterone for a few more days, but this might just be the shortest cycle in history for me!!!

Risa
are you on any fertility treatment? eg clomid or gonal f etc? sometimes these drugs can give you a breakthrough bleed. i got breakthrough bleeds every month i was on puragon (except the month i fell pregnant for some reason), they are only light bleeds, sometimes just spotting. the nurses made a note of it but never seemed concerned.
Had my u/s yesterday.  I was suppose to see the gestational sac, yolk, embryo, and heartbeat, but all there was was the gestational sac.  Not a viable pregnancy.  My heart is broken.  I'm not a crier and I can't stop crying.  My doctor feels like it is genetic abnormalities.  I'm starting to feel like we won't be able to use my eggs to get pregnant, and I can't even start thinking about donor eggs right now.  I'm taking a break, for obvious reasons, before I decided what I'm going to do next.  Good luck to the rest of you.
kikkleh- I am on a natural cycle, and had the worst period of my life last cycle after I used injectables.  My period ended on cd 6 and I ovulated on cd 8! I will stay on progesterone until Sunday and then do a beta and go off of it if neg.

Igayle04 - Oh no, I am so sorry! You are so young to be going though this, I hope you are wrong and you wil be able to use your own eggs in the future! We are here to help support you.

Sending baby dust,
Risa
so sorry to hear that, it must be devastating. your levels looked so good too. let yourself grieve before you decide on what to do next. best of luck.
I am so sorry for your loss. Cry as much as you need. When I went through it, watching movies or reading a good book helped distract me and make it through the day.

I hate to bring it up, but are you going to do any testing of the sac? It is something I wish I had done in my previous losses. Knowing if they were caused by random genetic issues or something else would help me with my treatment plan now. Best of luck to you and I hope you find peace very soon. Take care.
I can't believe it. I got a BFP !!! Tomorrow morning I go for a beta. Crossing my fingers that all goes well this time around.

For now I am just enjoying the moment. My last BFP was almost 2 yrs ago and after so many failed cycles I was starting to lose hope that it would ever happen. Today I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
Hello ladies, congrats to all the BFP and lgayle04 I'm so sorry to hear about your lose. I've been trying to take it easy and going to the doctor for scans weekly. I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday and the babies are doing good. My doctor did say last Friday that he was going to do the cerclage just to be on the safe side, so that procedure is scheduled for Februrary 3rd. In the meanwhile we will go to have the ultra scan this Friday and I pray that it is positive.  I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves, I look forward to hearing all the wonderful stories and BFP to come! God bless y'all and baby dust to all!
LDrummer
fantastic news! congratulations! long time coming but worth it. best of luck your betas go well and you join us in baby bump land!
Congrates! Hope your first beta is off to a good start!
Risa
Thanks everyone! My 1st beta was 205!
Praying it will double by the next test Thurs morning.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Cry as much as you need and want to. Take a break if you need to take a break. Take care of yourself - this process is hard on us.
Beehappy76 - Congrats! That is a really high beta. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Kikkleh - congrats on hitting another milestone - you are in the 2nd trimester! When I went in for the 1st part of the sequential screen  at 12w the u/s tech told us that they can usually determine the sex of the baby after 13.5w. So your OB should definitely be able to tell if you are expecting a boy or a girl!

LDrummer - what is the ultra scan? Good luck with the cerclage.

Risa - I read that you already have 3 follicles. Congrats! You are going in for b/w and u/s monitoring every other day? So maybe you will have an iui early next week? Are you having 1 iui or back to back iui's? I am thinking positive thoughts for you this month.

Everything is going well. I am 13w today. We had the 1st part of the sequential screen last week - the NT test and the 1st blood draw. All looked good. Both babies were moving around a lot. Baby A was punching and kicking. Baby B is a madman/madwoman. Baby B was bouncing off the walls of the gestational sac - somersaults, flips, turning around, etc. I asked if they could feel each other move (they are in different sacs) and the doctor said that yes - although there is a lot of cushioning between them, they can push at each other's sac. Baby B is on top of Baby A and I'm pretty sure will use him/her as a trampoline later in the pg. The first time I was pg I did not want to find out the sex of our DS (and we didn't) so I told my DH that he could decide this time. He keeps going back and forth. I would love to know - but I also loved being surprised last time. I am feeling more secure every day. In a couple of days I will (hopefully) hit another milestone.

I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the new year.
beehappy- great beta numbers! good luck!

docsaf- good to hear from you. yes im hoping to find out the sex next tuesday but we will see-i dont know what my obstetrician thinks of finding out early as most of my scans have been done at another clinic that he refers me to. also have to have the baby cooperate!

it looks like you have two strong, healthy babies in you! thats fantastic! im sure the twins will have bonded with each other inside you before you even get to meet them. not long to go for you til you reach the second trimester!

as for me im doing well-a lot of stretching going on in my uterus. had a 3d scan done just for fun and im so glad i did-it was amazing to see the baby-fingers and all in there and not just see a prawn-like blob on the screen! could see the brain plates all growing and definitly could see a considerable bulge from downstairs. im convinced it is a boy but it just wouldnt open its legs up enough for the tech to figure it out. will have to wait a little longer-can you tell im impatient!
tomorrow i celebrate as i officially reach the first day of my second trimester.
Yeah, so strange that CD 2 has 3 follies growing fast, plus one more, so probably early ovulation.  Going back for u/s on CD 7 to check out what the Fermara did to help them grow by ovulation.  Might do trigger if needed and IUI to follow. I haven't done back to back IUIs, so not sure if they would do them.  I just think it is odd that follies are big so early since I haven't been on meds since early Dec, but then I realized I have been taking Fertilaid, so that could be what is forcing follies growth and early ovulation. I won't be using Fertilaid this cycle, so let's see what happens.  

That is so great to hear both of your babies are healthy, love reading how they are tossing and turning, how cool!!!

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
2nd beta was 526! Yay! This all still feels so surreal. It is hard to believe that it is possibly actually happening! I am having AF-like cramps but no other symptoms. No more b/w or appts until 1st u/s on Feb 7. For those who are pg, when did you start feeling symptoms?

Risa - I was ready to trigger on CD9 this past cycle and it worked - that is great that you already have 4 folls!

kikkleh - Congrats on reaching your 2nd trimester! Did you find out the sex?

docsaf - glad to hear all is going so well!

Ldrummer - good to hear that you are at the 2nd trimester as well! Sorry you have to get the cerclage, but it will be worth it!

congrats, your beta numbers look nice and strong. it took me a long time to be able to accept that i was actually pregnant. after so many months of fertility stuff i didnt believe it was actually happening.
i had many many light cramps from about the time of implantation right through til about 12 weeks pregnant-they were noticeably milder cramps than i would normally get-just the uterus stretching.

my symptoms were not obvious... i definitely noticed i was getting fatter/larger at about 3 weeks (so the week after ovulation) and obviously couldnt test til 4 weeks. i also got a cold during that same week. the day before i tested (the last day of week 3) my boobs were starting to get sore and the pain increased over the next few days once i knew i was pregnant-they grew 2 cup sizes in a week! the main symptom i should have picked up on was i decided to have a couple of drinks-i had 2 weak vodkas and went green in the face and felt like i was going to vomit-that was at the end of week 3 also. i did also have aching hips and legs at the end of week 3 too.
forgot to reply to you-i dont go to my OB til this coming tuesday. believe me ill be telling you guys the sex as soon as i can find out-now just pray it has its legs open this time!
BeeHappy76 - Congrats!  That's so exciting.

I have come to terms with my condition and decided to do a little research.  I came across this site www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com.  There are a lot of cases where they only saw the empty sac around the 6w to 8w range and it turned out to be a healthy pregnancy.  It says that a tilted uterus (like I have) make it much more difficult to see the embryo during the trans-vaginal u/s.  I still think that the doc is probably accurate that I will miscarry, but just this week I started feeling nausea.  I even threw up this morning.  I went to get a beta today to see if my levels are falling yet, and I am really hoping they are still rising.  Am I completely crazy for this glimmer of hope??
I have definitely heard several stories from women who had tilted uteruses and did not see the hb until week 9. I just saw a post yesterday from someone in the pregnancy forum whose wife has a very high beta that keeps going up but they haven't seen a hb yet. Someone answered him saying not to do a dnc - that the same thing happened to them and they saw a hb at 9 weeks. I think you are very smart to get a beta before making any decisions, especially since you know you have a tilted uterus. I am kind of surprised that your doc has not been testing your beta. I thought that was standard practice when m/c is suspected. Keep us posted. I will be thinking of you.
numbers are not going down... they are over 22,000.  I will have another u/s next Friday... I didn't want to do it earlier b/c I want to be sure this time.  Praying the doctor made a mistake.
im a little concerned at the beta number you just got-thats extremely high. have they ruled out ectopic?

on the tilted uterus thing-i also have quite a severely tilted uterus-mine is retroverted, meaning it tilts away from the stomach. docs told me it can make it harder to determine the sex of the baby further into the pregnany but i have had no problems hearing/seeing the heartbeat from 6 weeks on. thought you would be better hearing my story-even if its not what you want to hear.  lets hope you do hear a heartbeat next friday. good luck.
lgayle04: I hope things go well next Friday. I am sorry you are going through this. If you want to look up those other people who had a similar experience, they are thilakrajah and diamondintherough79

kikkleh - thanks for the info about symptoms! I hope I will get more symptoms soon - it will make me feel more like I'm actually pregnant!
Hi ladies - The last few days have been stressful. I have been having spotting. Had another beta this morning and it looks like the #s are still doubling about every 36 hrs, so that is good. I just wish the spotting would stop! Praying everything will be ok...
My computer is acting up and it is driving me nuts - sometimes posting and other times just spinning its wheels.

lgayle - I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I pray that everything will work out for you. When I had my 1st u/s at 6w my RE stressed before it was done that it was unlikely we would hear a h/b.

Risa - did you have your iui? How many follies?

Beehappy - Sorry to hear about the spotting. But I think it is pretty common. I have not spotted, but I did have a lot of mild cramping with this pg. The first time I was pg, the only symptoms I felt were very sore bb's (which started the day after I started the crinone so I think it was the meds) and very tired (but the whole process sometimes tired me out). I used to get upset that I did not "feel" more pg early on. This pg I am very tired, had cramping for about 2-3 wks, I was nauseous for about 5 weeks and I have a bigger belly now than I did when I was 20+w the first time around.  I worried when I had no symptoms; I worried just as much/more when I had symptoms. I hope everything will be okay for you. When will you have your 1st u/s?

kikkleh - good luck with your u/s! Yes, the 3d u/s is really cool. I was amazed at how much detail you can see - hands, feet, mouth,nose, etc. I hope you find out today is you are having a little boy or girl. My DH is still trying to make up his mind if he wants to find out.
docsaf- I had two big follies, both around 20 mm yesterday, will trigger Wed for IUI on Thursday!  Feeling good about this cycle and my new office.  Sounds like you and twins are doing well, how exciting.

BeeHappy76- Hope everything is fine, stay positive! Keeping you and baby in my prayers.

Igayle04 - Hope everything is fine with baby, saying a prayer for you.

Hope everyone else is doing well,
Risa
well, had my ultrasound and the baby had its back to us so couldnt find out the sex. i have the 19 week big one booked for 25th feb so i should definitely find out then, just a long wait! this little thing just doesnt want me to find out yet!
My spotting seems to have stopped for now, so I am praying it stays that way and that things are going well in there. The nurse at my RE office was not very reassuring about the spotting, but I saw my acupuncturist yesterday and he was very reassuring and said it is quite common in early pg. My baby's heart should be forming right now, and if all goes well I will see a heartbeat at my appt Feb 7! Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.

docsaf - It is nice to hear that you also did not have many symptoms. It would be reassuring to have some. But you are right - there is always something to worry about. I will be kind of happy if I don't get bad morning sickness b/c I would prefer not to let anyone know at work for a few more months.

kikkleh - sounds like your baby is stubborn already! :) Hopefully you will find out at the appt in Feb!

Risa - I hope all goes well tomorrow! It all sounds good!

lgayle - Thinking of you. Hope your u/s on Fri shows good news.
good to hear your spotting has stopped-its very scary and stressful and stress is not a good thing for you or bub.

and yes- i think there is one stubborn bub inside me! first time it wouldnt uncross its legs, then it had its back to us. i just pray that it cooperates for our 19 week scan!
Thanks, all did go well.  I ovulated late Thursday or Friday.  My temp was really up today, so  I am feeling good about that.  Good to hear you are not spotting anyone.  

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!
Sending baby dust,
Risa
Well, my story doesn't have a happy ending. Although seeing the empty sac on Friday was still hard, I feel like I could move on now knowing for sure.  I feel grateful knowing hearing some of the stories of the lucky women who had misdiagnosed miscarriages.  Even though I was not one of them, it gave me just enough hope to help me crawl out of the hole of depression I was in and by the time I it was confirmed a blighted ovum, I was much better equipped to handle it. I feel very optimistic about the future, especially after talking to my RE Friday.  Thank you all for you support and I pray all of our stories will eventually have a happy ending.
lgayle -  I am so sorry to hear about your blighted ovum. :( I am glad you are feeling optimistic about the future and I hope you will get another BFP very soon!

Risa - Wishing you lots of baby dust this cycle! Sounds like everything went well!

I have 5 more days to wait until my 1st u/s on Monday. This week seems to be dragging on forever. I still have very few symptoms except cramping off and on. I am trying not to think about it too much - just have to wait until Monday to find out how things are going.
Hello ladies, I haven't been on here for a while, just taking it easy. I had the cerclage done today at 14 weeks and my OB said that they would like me to get to 37 weeks before delivering the twins. Hopefully we'll find out what we are having in a few weeks, but it's just great to know that both babies are doing fine.

Sorry to about the losses and the BFN! Stay positive and please keep trying.

For those of you that are expecting, I pray that all is going well and you have a healthy full term pregnancy.

LDrummer
hi ladies, for those who are pregnant and know the sex i have a question....i was wondering if the heartrate has anything to do with the gender. my baby's heart rate has been sitting at 150-which by the old wifes tales would suggest a girl but im convinced im having a boy. i cant wait 3 more weeks to find out!-its too long! anyone have an opinion?

lgayle-this little story might give you some hope... my best friend lost her first baby for the same reason-blighted ovum. she had fertility problems-never got a period. she fell pregnant while not even trying soon after and now has a 2 year old girl (and is now pregnant again with her second). i guess one good thing is that you fell pregnant in the first place-the next one will be a success im sure.
lgayle - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you were able to not stay too depresed - it's so hard not to lose it. I hope your meeting with the RE goes well and that he/she suggests a plan for the future.

kikkleh- The wives tale is that a high heart rate (over 140) means girl and a lower hear rate means boy. That being said, when I was pg with my DS, his heart rate was always 150-170. When I was pg with my DS I took a bunch of online wives tale tests and the results were always close 40-60, 50-50, or 60-40 on the sex of the baby.

LDrummer - Great to hear from you! Can you resume normal activity now? I have 2 friends in the non-online world who have been pg with twins. One of them carried her twins until she was 39w (2 boys) and the other just delivered at 36.5 weeks (2 girls). Although the girls were a little early, one was 7lb,3oz and the other was 6lb,10oz. I hope that both you and me carry our twins as long as possible.

Risa - how are you doing? When is your beta scheduled?

Beehappy - good luck with your 1st u/s! I cried during my first. And literally the baby looked like a circle on the screen. I couldn't help but get so emotional.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend!
good to hear from you. you must be feeling much more confident now you are further along and out of that first trimester period?!
i didnt think about doing on-line gender predictions-could be a good laugh for me.
Thanks for the well wishes. Yes the doctor said that I can resume normal activity for work, but not BDing! I hope to carry them as long as possible and not be put on bed rest.
We saw a heartbeat today!! It was just a flicker on the screen, and they did not take a heartrate, but it was definitely there. Baby was measuring 7.3 mm, which the doc said is right on track for 6w6d. So everything looks good and I am being transferred to my regular ob. 1st OB appt will be in 3 weeks. Yay! I can't believe this is actually happening!
thats fantastic! so happy for you.
That's great news BeeHappy! Congrats!

Work has been super busy lately. I am staying up late nights to work. And then get exhausted the next day and fall asleep right after we put my DS to bed. At my last OB visit, the OB told me about the testing I would have done over the next couple of months. Apparently my advanced maternal age + twins + IVF conceived births = lots of additional tests. My DS was also a larger than average baby so I have additional b/w drawn throughout the pregnancy to test for glucose intolerance - above and beyond the regular test. Tonight I go for the 2nd b/w for the sequential screen. Since the first part of the test came back good, I'm not nervous. I have been oddly un-nervous the last couple of weeks. The last time I was nervous until the day I delivered.

How is everyone doing?
well im super excited today, i felt the baby kick many times! so weird-now i know that the movement i thought i felt a week ago definitely was the baby moving. pretty early though-felt it kick the first time at 15 weeks 6 days, then today at 17 weeks 1 day.
Hi ladies - how are you all doing?

I am impatiently waiting for my next appt on March 2. It is just a paperwork appt with the nurse, but I am hoping they can sneak me in to try to hear the hb with doppler while I am there. I will be just over 10 wks. 1st OB appt is not until 12 wks. It seems like an eternity to wait, especially since I am having very few symptoms. Some fatigue and very mild nausea occasionally, but so mild that I don't think I would realize I was pregnant if I didn't know! It would be so much more reassuring if I really felt pregnant. :) I can't wait until the 1st trimester is over! It must be so nice to have the reassurance once you can start to feel the baby move, too!
Hello ladies,

We went to both of my doctors (Specialist and OB) on Friday and we found out that we are having 2 boys! My DH is on cloud 10! This is a dream come true, we now have two DD and will have two DS. I can't stop smiling and now I'm waiting to start feeling them move everyday!
Hi All,
Ovulated early, so I am back in the 2ww already.  
Congrates LDrummer on the boys, that is great news.  
BeeHappy76- Just another week and then you have your appt, that is exciting.  I am sure everything is fine. My mom said the same thing about being pregnant with me, she didn't get sick or anything..
docsaf - Hope your twins are doing well too!
Risa
drum roll..... just had my 19 week scan and its a BOY! we knew it-all the wives tales all pointed in that direction and call it "mothers intuition". we are very excited!
Hi ladies,
It has been a while... I had an u/s today, measuring 13w4d, and everything is looking perfect! Baby was moving around, and we even saw its toes! I am SO happy. :) I made it to the end of the 1st trimester!!
Hope you are all doing well.
take care, Bee
Wow, love good news! Congrates, so excited for you.  

take care,
Risa
Viewing 601-726 comments: