anyone starting the tww this week?
Looking for cycle buddies - Anyone starting the tww this week?

this is my 2nd iui TTC #2. I took Follistim CD3-9. I over-responded and had to coast the past few days while my RE monitored my b/w and follicles to see if the iui would be canceled. On Monday I had 16 measurable follies and the biggest 8 were all within 2 mm of each other. After coasting for a few days, it looks like I will release 2 maybe 3. Hopefully this is our lucky cycle! Me and my DH are blessed to have a beautiful baby boy and we would love to give him a baby brother or sister.

Beehappy76 - how are you doing? Your tww is more than half done. Beta next Tuesday?

LDrummer - are you going back to see the specialist? If changing your diet is all you need to do, then that is reassuring. I also love to see the babies.

Risa - Since you O'd early are you taking any prog support? Good luck with this cycle.

kikkleh - Congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester! I am about 1 week behind you. I have already popped so we have been telling people as we see them.

I met with the genetics counsellor last Friday. The one I met with when I was pg with my DS was so optimistic. She gave us the facts but also stressed that most likely everything would be fine. This one was very fact oriented but kep adding things like, "if you m/c one twin after the first part of the sequential screen then they won't be able to do the 2nd part b/c the results won't make sense. Not that this is likely to happen, but it recently happened to another woman" She said similar things at least 2 other times. As well as stressed that there are a lot of false positives b/c the results are hard to interpret. Luckily, the first part of the test (the u/s) went very well. Both babies NT measurements were well below 3 (the cut-off for high risk). Baby B (B3) is going to be a troublemaker. Baby A (B2) was kicking and punching - moving but not wildly. B3 was literally using the sac as a springboard and doing flips, spinning, etc. This is the 2nd time B3 has been seen doing this on an u/s and it makes me nervous that he/she just doesn't rest. Overall they both look great - we can clearly see the arms and legs. Both are measuring a few days ahead. I am not worrying as much as when I was pg with my DS. \

Good luck to all in the tww and to the already pg ladies.
well i think you will be fine-you have made it mostly out of the first trimester and the babies look healthy and active.
i have quite a large belly-it actually was noticed by many people who didnt know i was pregnant when i was only 6 weeks! so now i am 13 weeks it is very obvious! i love it though-i keep taking photos every few weeks of it and the change is amazing to see. when you live with your belly everyday the growth doesnt seem so obvious-but the camera shows the difference!
im sure your belly will be quite far out as there are 2 in there!

i have an obstetrician appointment on the 16th feb which is the day after my birthday, ill be 17.5 weeks then and am going to demand to find out the sex-just hope the baby cooperates!

my best friend is also pregnant, im due 22nd, she is due 27th-amazing how we managed to time that to be giving birth in the same week! does that make your due date close to hers?

ldrummer-hope your doing well, must have been scary to see pockets of blood on ultrasound. did she say what it may mean?
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I hope I will be joining you soon in the excitement (and worries too) about pregnancy.

My tww is more than half way over - tomorrow is 10 dpo. Beta is Tues. I will test before then so I am prepared when the nurse calls with the results... Will try to hold out as long as possible though.

Risa - how is your tww wait going?
docsaf & BeeHappy- Really confused this cycle, started spotting 4 dpo and thought it was a good sign for implantation bleeding. Then spotted 5dpo and 6dpo so started progesterone since it was just a spot.  On 7dpo had pink spotingt. Now, 9dpo still spotting on progesterone, so I think AF wants to arrive early?  Going to stay on progesterone for a few more days, but this might just be the shortest cycle in history for me!!!

Risa
are you on any fertility treatment? eg clomid or gonal f etc? sometimes these drugs can give you a breakthrough bleed. i got breakthrough bleeds every month i was on puragon (except the month i fell pregnant for some reason), they are only light bleeds, sometimes just spotting. the nurses made a note of it but never seemed concerned.
Had my u/s yesterday.  I was suppose to see the gestational sac, yolk, embryo, and heartbeat, but all there was was the gestational sac.  Not a viable pregnancy.  My heart is broken.  I'm not a crier and I can't stop crying.  My doctor feels like it is genetic abnormalities.  I'm starting to feel like we won't be able to use my eggs to get pregnant, and I can't even start thinking about donor eggs right now.  I'm taking a break, for obvious reasons, before I decided what I'm going to do next.  Good luck to the rest of you.
kikkleh- I am on a natural cycle, and had the worst period of my life last cycle after I used injectables.  My period ended on cd 6 and I ovulated on cd 8! I will stay on progesterone until Sunday and then do a beta and go off of it if neg.

Igayle04 - Oh no, I am so sorry! You are so young to be going though this, I hope you are wrong and you wil be able to use your own eggs in the future! We are here to help support you.

Sending baby dust,
Risa
so sorry to hear that, it must be devastating. your levels looked so good too. let yourself grieve before you decide on what to do next. best of luck.
I am so sorry for your loss. Cry as much as you need. When I went through it, watching movies or reading a good book helped distract me and make it through the day.

I hate to bring it up, but are you going to do any testing of the sac? It is something I wish I had done in my previous losses. Knowing if they were caused by random genetic issues or something else would help me with my treatment plan now. Best of luck to you and I hope you find peace very soon. Take care.
I can't believe it. I got a BFP !!! Tomorrow morning I go for a beta. Crossing my fingers that all goes well this time around.

For now I am just enjoying the moment. My last BFP was almost 2 yrs ago and after so many failed cycles I was starting to lose hope that it would ever happen. Today I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
Hello ladies, congrats to all the BFP and lgayle04 I'm so sorry to hear about your lose. I've been trying to take it easy and going to the doctor for scans weekly. I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday and the babies are doing good. My doctor did say last Friday that he was going to do the cerclage just to be on the safe side, so that procedure is scheduled for Februrary 3rd. In the meanwhile we will go to have the ultra scan this Friday and I pray that it is positive.  I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves, I look forward to hearing all the wonderful stories and BFP to come! God bless y'all and baby dust to all!
LDrummer
fantastic news! congratulations! long time coming but worth it. best of luck your betas go well and you join us in baby bump land!
Congrates! Hope your first beta is off to a good start!
Risa
Thanks everyone! My 1st beta was 205!
Praying it will double by the next test Thurs morning.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Cry as much as you need and want to. Take a break if you need to take a break. Take care of yourself - this process is hard on us.
Beehappy76 - Congrats! That is a really high beta. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Kikkleh - congrats on hitting another milestone - you are in the 2nd trimester! When I went in for the 1st part of the sequential screen  at 12w the u/s tech told us that they can usually determine the sex of the baby after 13.5w. So your OB should definitely be able to tell if you are expecting a boy or a girl!

LDrummer - what is the ultra scan? Good luck with the cerclage.

Risa - I read that you already have 3 follicles. Congrats! You are going in for b/w and u/s monitoring every other day? So maybe you will have an iui early next week? Are you having 1 iui or back to back iui's? I am thinking positive thoughts for you this month.

Everything is going well. I am 13w today. We had the 1st part of the sequential screen last week - the NT test and the 1st blood draw. All looked good. Both babies were moving around a lot. Baby A was punching and kicking. Baby B is a madman/madwoman. Baby B was bouncing off the walls of the gestational sac - somersaults, flips, turning around, etc. I asked if they could feel each other move (they are in different sacs) and the doctor said that yes - although there is a lot of cushioning between them, they can push at each other's sac. Baby B is on top of Baby A and I'm pretty sure will use him/her as a trampoline later in the pg. The first time I was pg I did not want to find out the sex of our DS (and we didn't) so I told my DH that he could decide this time. He keeps going back and forth. I would love to know - but I also loved being surprised last time. I am feeling more secure every day. In a couple of days I will (hopefully) hit another milestone.

I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the new year.
beehappy- great beta numbers! good luck!

docsaf- good to hear from you. yes im hoping to find out the sex next tuesday but we will see-i dont know what my obstetrician thinks of finding out early as most of my scans have been done at another clinic that he refers me to. also have to have the baby cooperate!

it looks like you have two strong, healthy babies in you! thats fantastic! im sure the twins will have bonded with each other inside you before you even get to meet them. not long to go for you til you reach the second trimester!

as for me im doing well-a lot of stretching going on in my uterus. had a 3d scan done just for fun and im so glad i did-it was amazing to see the baby-fingers and all in there and not just see a prawn-like blob on the screen! could see the brain plates all growing and definitly could see a considerable bulge from downstairs. im convinced it is a boy but it just wouldnt open its legs up enough for the tech to figure it out. will have to wait a little longer-can you tell im impatient!
tomorrow i celebrate as i officially reach the first day of my second trimester.
Yeah, so strange that CD 2 has 3 follies growing fast, plus one more, so probably early ovulation.  Going back for u/s on CD 7 to check out what the Fermara did to help them grow by ovulation.  Might do trigger if needed and IUI to follow. I haven't done back to back IUIs, so not sure if they would do them.  I just think it is odd that follies are big so early since I haven't been on meds since early Dec, but then I realized I have been taking Fertilaid, so that could be what is forcing follies growth and early ovulation. I won't be using Fertilaid this cycle, so let's see what happens.  

That is so great to hear both of your babies are healthy, love reading how they are tossing and turning, how cool!!!

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
2nd beta was 526! Yay! This all still feels so surreal. It is hard to believe that it is possibly actually happening! I am having AF-like cramps but no other symptoms. No more b/w or appts until 1st u/s on Feb 7. For those who are pg, when did you start feeling symptoms?

Risa - I was ready to trigger on CD9 this past cycle and it worked - that is great that you already have 4 folls!

kikkleh - Congrats on reaching your 2nd trimester! Did you find out the sex?

docsaf - glad to hear all is going so well!

Ldrummer - good to hear that you are at the 2nd trimester as well! Sorry you have to get the cerclage, but it will be worth it!

congrats, your beta numbers look nice and strong. it took me a long time to be able to accept that i was actually pregnant. after so many months of fertility stuff i didnt believe it was actually happening.
i had many many light cramps from about the time of implantation right through til about 12 weeks pregnant-they were noticeably milder cramps than i would normally get-just the uterus stretching.

my symptoms were not obvious... i definitely noticed i was getting fatter/larger at about 3 weeks (so the week after ovulation) and obviously couldnt test til 4 weeks. i also got a cold during that same week. the day before i tested (the last day of week 3) my boobs were starting to get sore and the pain increased over the next few days once i knew i was pregnant-they grew 2 cup sizes in a week! the main symptom i should have picked up on was i decided to have a couple of drinks-i had 2 weak vodkas and went green in the face and felt like i was going to vomit-that was at the end of week 3 also. i did also have aching hips and legs at the end of week 3 too.
forgot to reply to you-i dont go to my OB til this coming tuesday. believe me ill be telling you guys the sex as soon as i can find out-now just pray it has its legs open this time!
BeeHappy76 - Congrats!  That's so exciting.

I have come to terms with my condition and decided to do a little research.  I came across this site www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com.  There are a lot of cases where they only saw the empty sac around the 6w to 8w range and it turned out to be a healthy pregnancy.  It says that a tilted uterus (like I have) make it much more difficult to see the embryo during the trans-vaginal u/s.  I still think that the doc is probably accurate that I will miscarry, but just this week I started feeling nausea.  I even threw up this morning.  I went to get a beta today to see if my levels are falling yet, and I am really hoping they are still rising.  Am I completely crazy for this glimmer of hope??
I have definitely heard several stories from women who had tilted uteruses and did not see the hb until week 9. I just saw a post yesterday from someone in the pregnancy forum whose wife has a very high beta that keeps going up but they haven't seen a hb yet. Someone answered him saying not to do a dnc - that the same thing happened to them and they saw a hb at 9 weeks. I think you are very smart to get a beta before making any decisions, especially since you know you have a tilted uterus. I am kind of surprised that your doc has not been testing your beta. I thought that was standard practice when m/c is suspected. Keep us posted. I will be thinking of you.
numbers are not going down... they are over 22,000.  I will have another u/s next Friday... I didn't want to do it earlier b/c I want to be sure this time.  Praying the doctor made a mistake.
im a little concerned at the beta number you just got-thats extremely high. have they ruled out ectopic?

on the tilted uterus thing-i also have quite a severely tilted uterus-mine is retroverted, meaning it tilts away from the stomach. docs told me it can make it harder to determine the sex of the baby further into the pregnany but i have had no problems hearing/seeing the heartbeat from 6 weeks on. thought you would be better hearing my story-even if its not what you want to hear.  lets hope you do hear a heartbeat next friday. good luck.
lgayle04: I hope things go well next Friday. I am sorry you are going through this. If you want to look up those other people who had a similar experience, they are thilakrajah and diamondintherough79

kikkleh - thanks for the info about symptoms! I hope I will get more symptoms soon - it will make me feel more like I'm actually pregnant!
Hi ladies - The last few days have been stressful. I have been having spotting. Had another beta this morning and it looks like the #s are still doubling about every 36 hrs, so that is good. I just wish the spotting would stop! Praying everything will be ok...
My computer is acting up and it is driving me nuts - sometimes posting and other times just spinning its wheels.

lgayle - I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I pray that everything will work out for you. When I had my 1st u/s at 6w my RE stressed before it was done that it was unlikely we would hear a h/b.

Risa - did you have your iui? How many follies?

Beehappy - Sorry to hear about the spotting. But I think it is pretty common. I have not spotted, but I did have a lot of mild cramping with this pg. The first time I was pg, the only symptoms I felt were very sore bb's (which started the day after I started the crinone so I think it was the meds) and very tired (but the whole process sometimes tired me out). I used to get upset that I did not "feel" more pg early on. This pg I am very tired, had cramping for about 2-3 wks, I was nauseous for about 5 weeks and I have a bigger belly now than I did when I was 20+w the first time around.  I worried when I had no symptoms; I worried just as much/more when I had symptoms. I hope everything will be okay for you. When will you have your 1st u/s?

kikkleh - good luck with your u/s! Yes, the 3d u/s is really cool. I was amazed at how much detail you can see - hands, feet, mouth,nose, etc. I hope you find out today is you are having a little boy or girl. My DH is still trying to make up his mind if he wants to find out.
docsaf- I had two big follies, both around 20 mm yesterday, will trigger Wed for IUI on Thursday!  Feeling good about this cycle and my new office.  Sounds like you and twins are doing well, how exciting.

BeeHappy76- Hope everything is fine, stay positive! Keeping you and baby in my prayers.

Igayle04 - Hope everything is fine with baby, saying a prayer for you.

Hope everyone else is doing well,
Risa
well, had my ultrasound and the baby had its back to us so couldnt find out the sex. i have the 19 week big one booked for 25th feb so i should definitely find out then, just a long wait! this little thing just doesnt want me to find out yet!
My spotting seems to have stopped for now, so I am praying it stays that way and that things are going well in there. The nurse at my RE office was not very reassuring about the spotting, but I saw my acupuncturist yesterday and he was very reassuring and said it is quite common in early pg. My baby's heart should be forming right now, and if all goes well I will see a heartbeat at my appt Feb 7! Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.

docsaf - It is nice to hear that you also did not have many symptoms. It would be reassuring to have some. But you are right - there is always something to worry about. I will be kind of happy if I don't get bad morning sickness b/c I would prefer not to let anyone know at work for a few more months.

kikkleh - sounds like your baby is stubborn already! :) Hopefully you will find out at the appt in Feb!

Risa - I hope all goes well tomorrow! It all sounds good!

lgayle - Thinking of you. Hope your u/s on Fri shows good news.
good to hear your spotting has stopped-its very scary and stressful and stress is not a good thing for you or bub.

and yes- i think there is one stubborn bub inside me! first time it wouldnt uncross its legs, then it had its back to us. i just pray that it cooperates for our 19 week scan!
Thanks, all did go well.  I ovulated late Thursday or Friday.  My temp was really up today, so  I am feeling good about that.  Good to hear you are not spotting anyone.  

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!
Sending baby dust,
Risa
Well, my story doesn't have a happy ending. Although seeing the empty sac on Friday was still hard, I feel like I could move on now knowing for sure.  I feel grateful knowing hearing some of the stories of the lucky women who had misdiagnosed miscarriages.  Even though I was not one of them, it gave me just enough hope to help me crawl out of the hole of depression I was in and by the time I it was confirmed a blighted ovum, I was much better equipped to handle it. I feel very optimistic about the future, especially after talking to my RE Friday.  Thank you all for you support and I pray all of our stories will eventually have a happy ending.
lgayle -  I am so sorry to hear about your blighted ovum. :( I am glad you are feeling optimistic about the future and I hope you will get another BFP very soon!

Risa - Wishing you lots of baby dust this cycle! Sounds like everything went well!

I have 5 more days to wait until my 1st u/s on Monday. This week seems to be dragging on forever. I still have very few symptoms except cramping off and on. I am trying not to think about it too much - just have to wait until Monday to find out how things are going.
Hello ladies, I haven't been on here for a while, just taking it easy. I had the cerclage done today at 14 weeks and my OB said that they would like me to get to 37 weeks before delivering the twins. Hopefully we'll find out what we are having in a few weeks, but it's just great to know that both babies are doing fine.

Sorry to about the losses and the BFN! Stay positive and please keep trying.

For those of you that are expecting, I pray that all is going well and you have a healthy full term pregnancy.

LDrummer
hi ladies, for those who are pregnant and know the sex i have a question....i was wondering if the heartrate has anything to do with the gender. my baby's heart rate has been sitting at 150-which by the old wifes tales would suggest a girl but im convinced im having a boy. i cant wait 3 more weeks to find out!-its too long! anyone have an opinion?

lgayle-this little story might give you some hope... my best friend lost her first baby for the same reason-blighted ovum. she had fertility problems-never got a period. she fell pregnant while not even trying soon after and now has a 2 year old girl (and is now pregnant again with her second). i guess one good thing is that you fell pregnant in the first place-the next one will be a success im sure.
lgayle - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you were able to not stay too depresed - it's so hard not to lose it. I hope your meeting with the RE goes well and that he/she suggests a plan for the future.

kikkleh- The wives tale is that a high heart rate (over 140) means girl and a lower hear rate means boy. That being said, when I was pg with my DS, his heart rate was always 150-170. When I was pg with my DS I took a bunch of online wives tale tests and the results were always close 40-60, 50-50, or 60-40 on the sex of the baby.

LDrummer - Great to hear from you! Can you resume normal activity now? I have 2 friends in the non-online world who have been pg with twins. One of them carried her twins until she was 39w (2 boys) and the other just delivered at 36.5 weeks (2 girls). Although the girls were a little early, one was 7lb,3oz and the other was 6lb,10oz. I hope that both you and me carry our twins as long as possible.

Risa - how are you doing? When is your beta scheduled?

Beehappy - good luck with your 1st u/s! I cried during my first. And literally the baby looked like a circle on the screen. I couldn't help but get so emotional.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend!
good to hear from you. you must be feeling much more confident now you are further along and out of that first trimester period?!
i didnt think about doing on-line gender predictions-could be a good laugh for me.
Thanks for the well wishes. Yes the doctor said that I can resume normal activity for work, but not BDing! I hope to carry them as long as possible and not be put on bed rest.
We saw a heartbeat today!! It was just a flicker on the screen, and they did not take a heartrate, but it was definitely there. Baby was measuring 7.3 mm, which the doc said is right on track for 6w6d. So everything looks good and I am being transferred to my regular ob. 1st OB appt will be in 3 weeks. Yay! I can't believe this is actually happening!
thats fantastic! so happy for you.
That's great news BeeHappy! Congrats!

Work has been super busy lately. I am staying up late nights to work. And then get exhausted the next day and fall asleep right after we put my DS to bed. At my last OB visit, the OB told me about the testing I would have done over the next couple of months. Apparently my advanced maternal age + twins + IVF conceived births = lots of additional tests. My DS was also a larger than average baby so I have additional b/w drawn throughout the pregnancy to test for glucose intolerance - above and beyond the regular test. Tonight I go for the 2nd b/w for the sequential screen. Since the first part of the test came back good, I'm not nervous. I have been oddly un-nervous the last couple of weeks. The last time I was nervous until the day I delivered.

How is everyone doing?
well im super excited today, i felt the baby kick many times! so weird-now i know that the movement i thought i felt a week ago definitely was the baby moving. pretty early though-felt it kick the first time at 15 weeks 6 days, then today at 17 weeks 1 day.
Hi ladies - how are you all doing?

I am impatiently waiting for my next appt on March 2. It is just a paperwork appt with the nurse, but I am hoping they can sneak me in to try to hear the hb with doppler while I am there. I will be just over 10 wks. 1st OB appt is not until 12 wks. It seems like an eternity to wait, especially since I am having very few symptoms. Some fatigue and very mild nausea occasionally, but so mild that I don't think I would realize I was pregnant if I didn't know! It would be so much more reassuring if I really felt pregnant. :) I can't wait until the 1st trimester is over! It must be so nice to have the reassurance once you can start to feel the baby move, too!
Hello ladies,

We went to both of my doctors (Specialist and OB) on Friday and we found out that we are having 2 boys! My DH is on cloud 10! This is a dream come true, we now have two DD and will have two DS. I can't stop smiling and now I'm waiting to start feeling them move everyday!
Hi All,
Ovulated early, so I am back in the 2ww already.  
Congrates LDrummer on the boys, that is great news.  
BeeHappy76- Just another week and then you have your appt, that is exciting.  I am sure everything is fine. My mom said the same thing about being pregnant with me, she didn't get sick or anything..
docsaf - Hope your twins are doing well too!
Risa
drum roll..... just had my 19 week scan and its a BOY! we knew it-all the wives tales all pointed in that direction and call it "mothers intuition". we are very excited!
Hi ladies,
It has been a while... I had an u/s today, measuring 13w4d, and everything is looking perfect! Baby was moving around, and we even saw its toes! I am SO happy. :) I made it to the end of the 1st trimester!!
Hope you are all doing well.
take care, Bee
Wow, love good news! Congrates, so excited for you.  

take care,
Risa