Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
anyone starting the tww this week?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

anyone starting the tww this week?

Looking for cycle buddies - Anyone starting the tww this week?

this is my 2nd iui TTC #2. I took Follistim CD3-9. I over-responded and had to coast the past few days while my RE monitored my b/w and follicles to see if the iui would be canceled. On Monday I had 16 measurable follies and the biggest 8 were all within 2 mm of each other. After coasting for a few days, it looks like I will release 2 maybe 3. Hopefully this is our lucky cycle! Me and my DH are blessed to have a beautiful baby boy and we would love to give him a baby brother or sister.

Tags: tww, IUI
Viewing 1-200 comments:
bump - anyone?
I am 5 Days past ovulation. I am taking Clomid CD 3-7. I had 2 Follicles that were maturing this cycle, when the did at ultra sound on Day 13. Me and my DH and just have inter coures around ovulation time. We have been TTC #1 for just about 2 yrs. This is my second round of clomid on 100mg, tried 2 previously on 50mg, but did not ovulate! We are really keeping our fingers crossed that we won't have to do IUI. We hope just with the help of clomid with work.

Michelle
Did you get a trigger shot? when me and my DH first visited the RE we had all of the tests run (after 9 months of TTC) and the results were all  normal - we have unexplained infertility. B/c of my "advanced maternal age" our RE recommended aggressive treatment. We did 2 rounds of clomid - 1st round I produced 2-3 follies, the 2nd round I produced 1 - + trigger+iui. Both were BFN. The 3rd round we used injectables+trigger+iui and we got a BFP! I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy DS in January. We tried 2 cycles on our own TTC, BFN and then we went back to the RE. This is my 2nd round using injectables+trigger+iui. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My insurance covers 1 more iui + 3 ivf's (lifetime). My DH is terrified of ivf so I'm really hoping this works. Are you doing anything to help implantation? When are you testing? The tww is really hard...
I have gone the last 2 cycle's for ultra sounds, but it's been to early for tigure shots, so I haven't had one yet. I do not ovulate, so that is the only real problem, so far. My husaband has a high sperm count and great motility. I live in Canada and unfortunately they don't cover the cost of iui or ivf, so were hoping to go have to go that way.

What can I do to help implantation? AF is supposed to come friday ir satuday of next week.

i started the dreaded two week wait this week. i have done 4 rounds of clomid (plus hcg injections)-i responded really well-ovulated 1egg, 2eggs, 3eggs, 2eggs had a chemical pregnancy the second round but have not fallen pregnant since. the last round of clomid (the 4th) my levels did not get up as high as they would have liked and they told me to move on to another drug-puragon. had to stim on purgaon for 20 days til i got 1 mature egg. had iui for the first time and am now in the tww with hcg injections. im in australia and my healthcare does not cover iui or ivf so its costing us aout $1500 for iui out of our own pockets! not cheap. i have my fingers crossed it works this time.
i too would like to know if there is anything i can do to help implantation? or is that just up to nature?
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
kikkleh- ?
docsaf - 9/10

Welcome mich183 and kikkleh!

Besides progesterone sup/prometrium, I read the followig may help with implantation:

vitamin B6, bromelain (in the pineapple core), acupunture, omega 3, baby aspirin; particularly pineapples (only for 1-5 dpo), sunflower seeds, milk, and no caffeine

I am taking crinone 8% to help with implantation this cycle.  I am going to buy a pineapple today - the pineapple core is supposed to contain the bromelain. are either of you doing acrupuncture? I am not, but I've heard great things about it.

How do you keep your mind off the tww? Are either of you testing early? I have an appt for b/w on 9/10 if I don't get AF. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but think about when I can take a hpt. This weekend I am going to the movies and maybe to a local farm/petting zoo for a day trip on Sat.

Not thinking about ti is hard. I just try to keep busy, but I tend to think about it on the weekends when I am not at work.

I take omega 3, calcium, and my praternal vitamin every night, and I am going to star eating more pineapple.

I have wondered about acupunture, but I can have anxiety, so I don't this it would be a good choice for me.

I have an underactive thyroid so I need to know if I am pregnant almost right away, as I have to up my Thyroid meds.
hi everyone.  I just had my 3rd round of IUI/clomid/trigger on 8/25/10.  Test day is 9/8.  I've been able to produce 2/3/2 mature follies for all my cycles.  but this cycle, my uterine lining was measuring only 5.7mm so i had to take Estrace for 3 days to help thicken it.  hopefully that did the trick.   Any of you ladies experience this?  I believe clomid is the culprit and my RE agreed it's not uncommon.

Sticky baby dust to all:) Come on BFP's!!!
I have this werid feeling that I am going to get a BFN again, it wouldn't be a big surprise.

I know thinking poistive is best, but it hasn't gotten me anywhere!
Hi everyone, I hope I will be starting my tww tomorrow! This is my first cycle of injectables, I have 2 folls and everything is looking good. I have u/s and b/w scheduled for tomorrow morning to see if it is time to trigger. I previously did 4 rounds of clomid but it thinned my lining and I did not get pg.

I am in year 4 of ttc #1. Have had 3 pg, all conceived naturally, but lost all. Am trying meds, hoping to improve chances that the next pg will be successful. I am also doing acupuncture. This is the first medicated cycle where things are looking good, so I am feeling very positive, but also trying not to get my hopes up too high... It will be a long 2 weeks...
i wish i could test early but im on pregnyl injections (hcg) so it will come up positive. the day it is all out of my system is the day i get my blood test to find out. so there is no point in doing it!

beehappy76- it sounds like you have had similar treatment to myself-i did 4 rounds of clomid, 1 chemical pregancy on round 2, but no kid obviously!
am now half way through first purgaon ijnjectables cycle and in the 2ww. when i was on clomid my lining would get to about 9mm-my first round of puragon the lining got to 11! hoping that 2mm difference will help implantation.
I'm starting my two week wait today after embryo transfer this afternoon. Test date is Sept 7 b/c the office isn't open for blood work on Sun and Mon is a holiday.
mich183--I know how you feel. I know it's better to be positive but I am having extreme difficulty doing so.
docsaf: why is your dh afraid of ivf? I just finished my first one and honestly I wish I had skipped the three iuis and gone straight to ivf. I was 39 when I started and am now 40 and the odds of my getting pregnant are diminishing...ivf was really not bad. I was afraid of the retrieval but it went well and I felt nothing. The transfer is pretty much like an iui and there were more shots but you get used to them (at least I did).
BeeHappy76: you are right, it will be a long two weeks.
SSBD to all of us
I am tww too. i had 1st. iui on the 25th. I can't afford to try again so I hope it worked. I have sore bbs and feel nauseated. I'm also tired and constipated. My sister says this is normal. She would know as she has had 2 iui's with bfp's.

We did IVF for the 4th time on the 16th and are on our 2 week wait. I've gotten pregnant before through IVF but none ended in a healthy birth. We're praying for otherwise, this time.

A few days after the IVF, I would have bet my life that again this was a success due to similar symptons as with my previous pregnancies... (I get a bloody nose, pain in my lower abdomen, and breast pain).

But a few days later, none of the above symptoms exist, so now we're again waiting to see what the outcome of my blood test will be on Monday. It's both, exciting, and nerve racking.

I've written before of what we pay to do IVF ($2000 total... including the actual IVF and injections). I'm sorry that those in the states have to go through such financial difficulties in order to do IVF.

I hope and pray that not only is our IVF a success, but every other person out there going through the same has success.
gOOD LUCK LADIES! i AM ON DAY 10 OF MY TWW AND IT IS KILLING ME NO TO TEST TODAY. I have got to do something to get my mind off of testing.
on my tww as well... iui on aug 24th bloodwork on aug 31. first round of injectables with 3 follicles...

can't wait to hear everyone's results! wishing and praying that they are all bfps... Baby dust to all!

Almost at the end of my ttw.  IUI Was on the 18th & beta on the 30th.  Did 4 rounds of clomid w/ 2 mature follies ea time.  All bfn.  This is my 1st round of injectables w/ 3 follies.  Hopefully this cycle is it as I really did not enjoy the injections.  : ). Good luck everyone!

In Canada IVF cost's about $10,000. We are hoping to not have to go that far!
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - ?
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
kikkleh- ?
nshapland - 9/7
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - ?

esmie1012 - i have heard that clomid thins the lining. I don't remember the numbers, but when I first switched to injectables my RE mentioned that my lining numbers looked great. He never said that before.

beehappy76 / mnghorse - my 1st cycle of injectables was a lucky cycle - I got my 1st pg and now have a 7 month old DS.

nshapland - i am not sure why my DH is afraid. At first I thought he was afraid we would get pregnant with 3+ (I know that terrifies him). I reassured him that there is less of a chance of that happening compared to iui since our RE would control the number to implant. I know he thinks the egg retrieval would be painful for me. Our insurance will cover 1 more iui. If the current one is unsuccessful we will have to meet with our RE to discuss what will need to be done to start ivf. My DH told me I should ask my insurance co about trading 1 of the ivf's for another iui. He tells me he isn't afraid, but when I bring the possibility up, he brings up doing another iui instead.

tonysbabydoll00 - what meds did you take?

SSBD to all! It's only day 2 of the tww and I've already thought about it about 1000 times. I am going to buy pineapple today and stock up on my prenatal vitamins.
Have a good weekend!
I took clomid 100mg. My uterus lining was thin at1st ultrasound so I took bromlain and drank pomagarnet juice and raspberry tea. The second ultrasound everything was find so did iui on Wednesday. Had two large follicles 23 and 18 at 1st ultrasound. Not sure how big at second. I hope this works as I can't afford another $1200. I know to some that isn't alot of money but, it is to us as we had to borrow it. My husband doesn't work he is in his last semester of nursing school.
I'm on day 8 of 2ww  ( renamed for me, 2wt, meaning two week torture lol! ) I have to wait till September 3rd, although that is less then a week away, it seems like forever.

Good luck!
find out on the 9th sept. fingers crossed as we have been on fertility treatment for 7 months now and are running out of money. i was surprised when i asked my clinic what the success rates were for iui. they told me for 1 follicle its the same as falling pregnant naturally-about 18%. why in the hell would i pay $1500 for iui if it does not increase my chances of falling pregnant?!!! i dont understand.
Hi hopeful1970142!
I can totally relate... Eight day of my 2wt (love your abbreviation!)... Oh, even the slowest of the slow Chinese water tortures seem more humane than this!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed, and wishing us all lots of luck. Was this your first IUI?
I think the point when using fertility drugs is to get more than one follicle at a time to increase your chances.  When I did iui  my dr said he was going for 3-4 follicles.  Didn't work for me, but then again I'm 40.
Or, if it's a sperm factor that's causing the infertility, iui can help w/ that (like motility, etc).
The 18% is if everything is working properly and for those of us w/ infertility something isn't working properly so our odds are less than 18% each month...
Hi! This was my first IVF transfer. Today I started spotting and am really down. I've heard that's not alwways bad but it makes me really nervous.  BD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish my insurance covered something. But we have to pay for everything, except for part of the drug, at least the cover part of the meds.

Right now just taking 100 mg of Clomid and inter course. The in fertility is just on my side. My DH has great count and motility.
Hi ladies, Yesterday was my trigger with 2 mature folls and 1 not far behind. I don’t have a beta scheduled so will do hpt 9/10.

Esmie – I hope the estrace works for you! I also had a thin lining on clomid. I did 4 clomid cycles and it never got above 6.5. I did not get pg even though I had 3 folls each time, so they switched me to injectables. This is my first gonal-f cycle and lining is 8.4.

Kikkleh, Mnghorse, Kimber1101 – sounds like all of us are on our 1st round of injectables. I hope first time is the charm for all of us!!

Docsaf – thanks so much. I hope this will be my lucky month too. It is great to hear you had success on the first try. Thanks for starting this thread! I don’t have an hcg scheduled but will do an hpt same day as your test, 9/10. That will be 12dpo for me.

I’m trying not to obsess about the tww. Will have to find lots of things to distract me. Wishing all of us luck for this cycle!
It does sound like we are in the same boat. My lining also went up by 2 once I switched from clomid, but still is only 8.4. I hope that will be enough! This cycle is also costing me $1500 just for meds and u/s with no iui (I am in the US).

At first my RE said they always do iui with injectables because the meds are so expensive and they want to increase the chance as much as possible. But later he said since we have gotten pg naturally 3 times so know it works w/out iui, there is no real need for iui. He said iui would only increase our chances by about 1%.  So we are just doing timed BD this cycle. We have gotten pg 3 times, but all ended in mc which is why we are trying meds. Good luck. I hope this is your month!
My fertility monitor went to high today, so probably ovulated Tuesday.  Tomorrow I have an RE appt to see what size my follies are. My temp went up a little today, so cycle is doing the right thing.  Unfortunately I never go past dpo 12 so I usually have a 10-12 wait until of 14 days.  I really want this to be my cycle, so I will take progesterone.  Currently taking vitamin b 6, b50, baby aspirin, macaroot, vitex, iodine, folic acid and wheat grass.  I have a high FSH, and been trying for two years.

Sending baby dust to all!
Risa
This is my 1st IVF and transfer was done on 8/19. I only had 1 out of 6 embryo that made it. I was bummed, but focused on the 1 i had. Beta test will be 9/2. This 2ww is rough, because it seems like every little change I question my self : Preg or is that the meds. Right now i am doing Progestrone shots, Prometrium suppositories and Estradiol pills. My only advice about the 2ww, is keep busy and not think into the symthoms. Take it easy and pray that everything will work out. Sending lots of baby dust and Positive vibes to you all. Levi
kimber1101 - 8/30
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - ?
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
Risa615 - ?

kikkleh - did your RE give you a prob of success if you did not do iui? Although all of our tests came back "normal", my RE thinks there must be a reason that we did not get pg after 10 months of TTC (with opk, etc.) the 1st time around. Based on my age, he figured that without help, my chances were probably ~5%. With clomid+iui, he upped my chances to ~12%. When we started injectables he did not give me any more percentages. My 2nd round of clomid I only had 1 follie mature. I was bummed and he said something like the meds may help me produce a better follie instead of just more follies. All that being said, I don't understand why I know so many fertile people who just have to think about getting pg for it to happen and I work at it so hard.

beehappy76 - congrats on the iui! 2 mature follies + 1 slightly smaller sounds great!

Levi97 - it only takes 1! I know a few women who ended up implanting only 1 and who got pg that month.

Wow - until now I did not realize how unusual it was for my insurance to cover meds+iui - I just have to pay the copay. It still adds up since I go the RE about 10 times a month for u/s and b/w. I live in the US and I know that in my state insurance companies have to cover at least part of infertility treatment by law.  

I bought a pineapple this morning and I cut it up. I also realized that I have never cut up a whole pineapple before and I wasn't sure exactly how. i think I did ok - just wasted a bit more pineapple than i would have wanted. The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning. It's not the best way to keep my mind off the 2ww/2wt but it worked most of the time.

SSBD to all! Good luck to those testing over the next few days.
RE said iui doesnt really increase your chances at all (unless there is a sperm motility problem -which we havent got), however my clininc does iui with injectables as a package sort of thing and they dont like just doing injectables as they are so expensive.
they said normal people have an 18% chance to fall pregnant per cycle and now they have me ovulating (i have PCOS) that i have no other medical reason not to fall pregnant-i now have the same chance as a normal person.
silly thing is-i worked out that since i have been on medication it has been 6 cycles. i fell pregnant but miscarried once, so if im working on a 20% chance (18% really) then i have another 4 cycles to go til i would fall pregnant statistically. 4 more cycles and ill be a broke mum!-both emotionally and money wise.
Looks like I can do beta 9/13 since my monitor went to high today.  I usually don't go past dpo 12, so I will really know what is going on 9/11.  Starting progesterone Thursday.
Sending baby dust to all!
Risa
I am on 6dpiui, no signs of anything yet :( Still hoping..
I'm on Progeterone ( prmetrium ) suppositories and Estrace. This is so frustrating. All my symptons have went away. Maybe having little symptons is a good sign. Baby dust for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi everyone. I am On my tww as well. I had IVF last week and I find out Thursday. I'm going nuts... My back is aching. Is this a bad sign?? HELP
Hey Girl, This weekend my Symthoms are very faint now. So maybe the HCG is getting out of our systems now. Well, only time can tell...Dont think into the symthoms because if we had regular pregancy most people wont feel anything until about a month or so. Hang there, I am praying for you. Levi.
kimber1101 - 8/30
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - ?
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
anya10 - 9/12?
Risa615 - 9/13

I am 4dpo and I don't feel anything. I know if I did that it would be the crinone anyway since it's too early for implantation. But, it's still weird for me to feel nothing since I'm hypersensitive to my body during the tww/twt. Actually, the one thing I have while taking the crinone is weird, vivid dreams. Anyone else?

SSBD to all! I am looking forward to seeing some BFPs soon.
Well it's yet another BFN for me.  I can not believe how hard it is to tell DH each month when it comes back neg!  I honestly think that's the worst part.  Must be because we know the problems are on my end due to my "advanced Maternal age".  (I hate that!).
So glad I still have 1/2 my meds left.  This time I'm telling my RE I want as many mature follies as possible.  No more of this we hope for 3 or 4.  I want 7 or 8!   Maybe that will do the trick.  Anyway, I'm enjoying my glass of wine tonight that I've been depriving myself of.  I wish you all the best of luck!  Bring on the BFPs!!!    
I'm so sorry : (
I agree w/ you about trying to get as many follies as possible--but my RE wouldn't do it.  They are too afraid of having an octo-mom situation which is stupid b/c I am 40 for heaven's sake.
My therapist, however, found a dr willing to prescribe higher doses of meds--she had 13 follicles at one time--she got pregnant twice doing iui w/ higher doses of meds, no twins or anything.  She was 39 I think the first time and 41 the second...
enjoy your glass of wine : )
Last time I went a little too wild and had like 4 glasses--I don't recommend that, though
I'm so sorry to hear about the BFN. I know what you mean about telling DH. That was the hardest part. I know he doesn't feel this way, but I feel like I am disappointing him. Me and my DH have unexplained infertility, but since my advanced maternal age comes up so often, the true cause is probably related to that - or at least I think so.

I hope you enjoyed your glass(es) of wine. Last time I got a BFN, I had wine every night with dinner that weekend. I actually felt a little better. Stay positive. You will get a BFP.
kimber1101- so sorry to hear!!!

today.... bloodwork. Week one done and now week two starts. I don't have a clue how I feel at this point... just trying not to think about it!!  BD to all!

KIm Keep believing it will happen.

Hopeful i am sending babay  dust in the form of prayers your way.  U have to keep me posted as to your results.

All I got my BFP lastnight. Thank GOd. I feel so blessed right now.

Wish all of u the best. I will keep u up dated.
I go for progesterone level bloodwrok tommorrow. I'm thinking of testing either Thursday or on the weekend as AF should come Saturday or Monday.
kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
anya10 - 9/12?
Risa615 - 9/13

rmmoye - Congrats! Have a happy and healthy 9 months. Wonderful news - I hope it is the first of many this month.
Hey saw post of things to take to help? I drink several caffeine drinks a day I guess I need to cut it out ;(. I didn't know about the other things tho.I go in the morning for my first u/s then hopefully will be starting follistim.  Have previously done clomid last year ended horrible tho. Had to have surgery for cyst removal and before was rushed to hospital possible ovary  torsion.  
Congrats!

To everyone else lots of baby dust!
wonderful news! did you have any idea in the 2ww?
Congrats on your BFP! thats great news. I find it hard to hear when ppl around me fall pregnant bc sometimes I feel, why not me..however when I hear ppl on here getting pregnant I feel so overjoyed and excited. Its awesome to know that theres always hope for us out there.

I am 7dpiui I will have my beta on 9/8 but I think im going to test HPT on monday 9/6 at 12 dpiui. Only symptoms really so far I have had is metal mouth for a short time the last 2 nights.

Here's to hoping! Babydust and love to all
kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
MJinWaiting - 98/ (will try hpt on 9/6)
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
anya10 - 9/12?
Risa615 - 9/13

kimepp - it's just a list that I found online. I know people who do everything they aren't supposed to do, and they still accidentally fall pregnant. I like to think that I have some control over my fertility so I look for any little chance to increase it. I know when I was pg I was told to cut-down on caffeine, so I do it. It is hard! My office is so cold and I pretty much have a cup of tea in my hands from the beginning to the end of the day. Drinking hot water is not quite the same. Good luck with your next cycle!

MJinWaiting - welcome! I understand how you feel. I know 5 people who are due Dec-Feb. I know it's going to be hard if I go around visiting all of these beautiful babies if I am not pg myself. I know 2 people who had metal mouth during their first trimester. Maybe it is a sign. Are you taking any drugs to help implantation? I know the crinone has made me feel the pg symptoms even before it was possible. But the 1 time I felt them, I was pg so maybe it wasn't all the crinone.

I'm finally 7dpiui. Seriously, I'm not even half way through the tww/twt. SSBD to all!

Hi, I am with you, doing BETA on 9 /8 and will do POAS on Monday....I still don't have any symptoms really.

Docsaf - ANYTHING? you feel much? I just feel pain when I touch my low abdomen but that is about it...it is nerve racking...and the worst thing is that if I don't get BFP...that means, I got to start over AGAIN!!
kikkleh i had nausa, implational bleed on 8 dp iui. this was a first for me onthe iui and the implational bleed.  I am praying for u. i think it will happen.  feel free to follow all of my sympthoms on my tracker. I dont mind.

MJinWaiting and Docsaf- Seeing babies and pregnant women can be hard. maybe u will fall pregnant and it wont be so hard any more.
I am looking forward to seeing BFPs on here.
Im not taking anything for implantation. I was on Clomid then IUI. my RE checked my lining 5dpiui and they said it was 13mm so that was good, and my progesterone levels are normal.

Let me tell you, next wednesday cannot come soon enough. My bbs are just starting to get a teeny bit sore, which is normal for AF just usually not this early, or at least not that I have really noticed.

Levi97, hopeful1970142, mich183   Have any of you tried testing yet?

Here's to Hoping! Babydust and love to all
God has good timing. If i had gotten the call last week that i got today i would have cried sad tears for hours. today i was some wht sad but relieved at the same time. The baby classes place called me to tell me that i need to start classes next week. I forgot to call and cancle them after i lost the baby. She told me she would call me back in a few weeks to reschedule for the new baby.
Today I am 11dp iui #2.  I think I"m gonna take a test when I get home.  I had some cramping this morning and i'm worried its AF.  :(  Cramps are gone now and I can't wait till Fri to test.  Even though today's test could be negative.  We've been trying for 21 mos now.  Nothing wrong with either of us.  I've been on Clomid 50mg then 100mg for almost a year on and off.  I tried letrozole one month.  Had 2 mature follicles this time and my DH had a count of 178 million happy guys.  Hopefully this is it!  Thankfully my insurance covers this 100%.  They even cover 4 cycles of IFV.  I am lucky in that dept.  
Good luck everyone!
Thanks! This was the first month my lining was too thin from clomid.  The last 2 cycles were normal.  My RE did mention switching my meds if needed.  I'm assuming injectables is next?  Hopefully this cycle took:)  I'm glad to hear your lining is nice and thick with your first does of injectables. Any side effects, likes or dislikes about it? Just wanna prepare myself if I need to cross that bridge soon=P

All - I am 6dpiui today.  Not much to report.  Seems like my CM is more today than usual.

Sending everyone sticky baby dust!
On my 4th consecutive clomid cycle my lining was very thin.  Ended up w/ a 1 day AF.  Then I did a cycle of injectables - Lepori.  My lining was at 10 the day of my IUI, so it thickened up fairly quickly.  I had much better results with the lepori than clomid.  3 or 4 mature follies compared to 2 w/ clomid.  The injections were very hard though.  Not sure if it was because I was on a pretty high dose or if that's just how I react to it.  I had really bad welts that were very uncomfortable to have any clothing touch. I also had headaches & felt bloated.  I think that's it for symptoms.  I'll be starting another round with them in about a week.  Not looking forward to the welts but hoping to stim slower & end up with more follies for my IUI.  I really do think the 1st cycle is trial & error to see how your body responds.  I know that ***** but that surely is how mine went.  This next time will be about 1/2 the dose hopefully for a longer period of time.
Good luck to you if you end up going that route.
beehappy 76- i started the injectables this cycle after 4 cycles of clomid and i have put on quite a bit of weight-about 4 kgs! for someone who is usually 62kg thats a fair bit. im hoping im pregnant and will have an excuse for the weight gain otherwise the first two weeks im going to have to be a gym junkie to lose it!
we did hit a coupld of capillaries on occasions which caused bleeding under the skin and bruising-but that only happened 3 out of 22 times. -yes i was stimming for 22 days!-they were afraid to up my dose as i had 72 follicles!

MJinWaiting and Anya10, i too will be blood tested for pregnancy on the 9th. i have not had any symptoms really, however i have started to cramp lightly today and may have had aching hip joints yesterday-but they were not strong enough for me to consider them anything to do with pregnancy! (i just told myself it was my mind playing tricks on me!) would'nt it be wonderful if we all fell this time!? i cant test any earlier as i am on the hcg injections and i have tested before and the tests still come up positive the day before my period starts! bugger.

Kimber1101, my 4th clomid cycle was also a bit of a failure-my lining was fairly thin and my estrogen/progesterone levels did not get up very high-the clininc said once this happens your body basically gets a tolerance to the drug and it is less effective. they have me on puragon injections now (with iui and hcg injections).-as i wrote above i am quite bloated/fat! -due to the puragon.

rmmoye, thanks for the prayers- i really need them. have had a little cramping today so crossing my fingers. its going to be a loooong time til thursday. plus i worked out that my period is due monday or tuesday-so if i dont get it by wednesday i will be quietly celebrating.

vbcoach82,i have a friend who also has unexplained infertility and im sure it is extremely frustrating-her FE wont give her any drugs or anything as they said "what for?". she did do one iui but no luck-i think she is up to 17 months of trying (same as me)
forgot to ask-i am on puragon for the first time this cycle and i have noticed less cervical mucus-i know its a bad question but what was your cervical mucus like in the tww?
I give in and would like to join this group. I’ve been following this thread from the first day. Are you still taking on newbies? I have had IVF treatment with egg collection on 24th August with a day 5 transfer on 29th August. My clinic said I could do a HPT on 7th September (14 days after collection day) if it is positive I don’t really need my Beta levels to be tested. Do I have any symptoms? No, none whatsoever.

This 2ww isn’t too bad. I think it’s due to the past year where time stood completely still twice, first time round when we sadly lost our baby boy due to IC after 17+2 weeks after our first IVF before Christmas and then when my mum died out of the blue a few weeks later. Also work keeps me very busy these days, we are moving offices and it’s quite hectic.

I hope you are all keeping busy and relaxed at the same time!

Lots of super sticky baby dust to all!
kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
vbcoach82 - 9/3 (hpt on 9/1?)
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
MJinWaiting - 9/8 (will try hpt on 9/6)
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
Purple7374 - 9/7 (hpt)
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
anya10 - 9/12?
Risa615 - 9/13

Purple7374 - welcome! Of course it's not too late to join. We accept everyone. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I hope you get a BFP soon and get something new and exciting to look forward to.

anya10 - i feel nothing. Every once in a while I feel a little something, but I'm so hypersensitive to every twinge my body makes that I don't think I would notice if I wasn't TTC. I know I am lucky, but I wish I felt a little more b/c that would be some sort of proof that the meds were working.

Work is very busy, but this week has dragged on. The weather where I live is very hot and it is starting to get humid again. This week has been the 8th or 9th heat wave this summer. It's too hot to do anything outside (but swim and we don't have a pool), so I have been inside most of the time. It is supposed to rain here tomorrow. Hopefully that will cool things off a little and I can get outside and do things. I think too much during the tww; I'd rather spend a little more energy physically. (nothing strenuous, just walks, etc.)

everyone - do you get b/w or u/s during the tww? My RE doesn't schedule anything until 14dpiui and then just to check if I got pg. Should I ask to be checked before to make sure my lining looks good, b/w makes sense, etc?

Me RE does b/w and u/s between 5 and 7dpiui to make sure I ovulated and my lining is good and bloodwork to check progesterone levels. Then the 14 day bloodwork.

I am 8dpiui today, finally made it over the hump and into the second week. I had metal mouth again for a short time last night. I have no other symptoms really, besides some extra cm. I too live in a place that is soo hot, we are in our 9th or so heat wave..we must live close. I just keep looking forward, makes my days goes faster. LIke tonight I have to pick up my dog from the vet (small surgery) then look forward to saturday brunch with a friend, then im to 10dpiui, and I have NO HPTs in the house, so I dont break down, I will buy one late sunday night for monday morning.

Hi there!
Yeah, I have 6 days left and no symptoms at all!!! BD was very painful today, felt like sharp pain down there in cervix. Nothing in my bbs or nipples so I guess I am  not going to get my hopes up here.....No implantation bleeding either :(

My RE doesn't schedule anything until day 15dpIUI to check bw for pregnancy. That's all. If BNF, then I will wait for my AF to start over :( But I will know on Monday afternoon as I am taking POAS.
I also had trigger shot so I guess if I checked right away, I would get false positive, but the shot wears off after 11 days, so day 13 should be safe.
Last time I got preggo, I checked on day 13 and it was positive but I also had tender nipples. This time -NOTHING :(
Keep me in the loop!
Thanks so much for the feedback.  I agree with you that the first round is practice, even tho we want it to work so badly. I also only have 1 day of AF and couple days of just barely spotting.  I'm sorry to hear about the welts and the headaches.  I usually tend to get welts if I am allergic to something I ate..... Is that a common side effect from the injections and how long does it last? I'll keep you in my prayers that ur upcoming round goes as planned and you get your BFP:)

Update: felt some pressure above my cervix since last night.  It comes and it goes.  I'm hoping somethin's cookin in there:)
I have been so congested for the past couple days. Not really a cold, just congestion.

I've decided that I will do an HPT if I don't get aunt flow doesn't come.

I hate getting my hope up, but for some reason I have a feeling that it will be positive.

Fingers crossed, baby dust for all of us!
Just curious what you have been told by your RE?  Mine said no BD during the ttw.  Anyone else told the same?
I am always told to bd the same day as IUI, and nothing more.  If I take progesterone, I usually don't bd that much makes it is messy, lol
Risa
spent the day crying b/c I'm pretty sure AF is coming--I'm cramping and there was a bit of spotting and at day 11 past retrieval it's too late to be implantation spotting.  This is so hard--getting your hopes up, all the shots and hormones--it's just so draining : (
I am so sad for you!  I know the feeling oh to well.  Plus, you are right, the drugs make you super sensitive.  They also made me gain weight, so on top of being disappointed, I then feel FAT. okay, it is 15 pounds but I feel like it is 50! I am no longer taking fertility drugs except progesterone.  Taking tons of vitamins.

I have this rule, each month when AF arrives, I do something different.  So, I want to suggest the same thing to you! I found a really good natural fertility drug recipe on the web that i started two months ago and it is helping with lining and follicle growth. If you are interested, look in my journal, I posted it in early August for others to see.  

So, if AF arrives, pick a new plan.  We are all here to help you!
Risa
Hi there!

I'm too waiting for 9 Sept for blood work....Hoping for  +++++++++
stressed, thinking too much....hoping we will make it tis time....

My story:
I'm ttc past 4 years. Hubby doing good. myself march/2010  diagnose Pcos.. Had ovarian drilling, thank god no blockage or endo..everything fine..period regular now..april resting..May/june/july/2010 started with 50 mg clomid no preg.. August DR suggest for iui. So dr put me on femara 2.5 mg fr cd 2-6....cd 6 u/s found few follicles....followed by 75iu puregon injec fr cd 7-12 .finally .2 egg on right side 10mm,11mm and 2 more egg left side 12mm,13mm......fr cd 13-15 inject menogon and had u/s on cd 16 found one dominant egg 19mm fr left ovary..on that day itself dr suggest me to inject pregnyl and had iui on cd 17 that was on 24/8/2010 (u.lining 12)..hubby sperm count was 30m....

Right after iui everyday taking duphaston 10mg 2 tablets a day and folic acid 5 mg 1 tablet a day..

Not going to do home preg test...  cos waiting for hcg to clear from my body system...

So far i just feel cramping...Sharpe pain on my cervix on n off...some tingling sensation on my uterus .....  just waiting for 9sept...   5 more days...
we seem to have a similar story- i was diagnosed with pcos early this year. have done 4 cycles of clomid with hcg injections-i reacted very well to it-fell pregnant on the second try but miscarried at 6 weeks. the fourth clomid cycle my levels didnt do so well so they changed me to puragon daily injections plus hcg and iui. after washing husbands sperm was 22million, my lining was 11 and i had 1 dominant follicle-about 22mm. i am only allowed to do 1 more iui before they want me to move on to ivf!-never ever thought i would be one of those women having to go through this!
i have had a little cramping the last couple of days-but to be honest i have had this cramping when i was not pregnant and when i was pregnant! so its not really a sign. as i have been doing hcg injections i cant test early (and the time i did test it still showed up negative on 16 days after ovulation-but i was pregnant and it was an early detection test too! good luck. lets hope both of us get that wonderful news.
esmie1012 I was on injectiables Gonal F and ovdril. i had no side effects or reactions. i do have fair/ sensitive skin. it was esy to dial up. just chick to the ammount and pull the pin back stick it in and push the button. it does it all for u.

Good luck.
Hello, welcome to the september wait lol.

All,
Sooo last night I had a scratchy throat right before bed. Then this morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and extra mucus in my throat and a slightly sore throat. I have read that it is a good sign to have symptoms of a headcold, but Im hoping its just not really a headcold. Today is 9dpiui for me and I had a hard day yesterday thinking I dont have any symptoms, no IB nothing besides metal mouth. So now today Im in a better place and hoping to stay positive the rest of this tww.

Here's to hoping!! Babydust and love to all
well what i thought was AF on wed has turned into just spotting for the last 3 days.  haven't taken a hpt yet.  Gonna wait another day.  I usually spot one day before my period really starts.  I am 14dp iui.  this shouldn't be implantation bleeding right?  i have an ounce of hope but hubby and i have already discussed what our next move is gonna be. guess we just wait and see...
kikkleh dont feel bad asking. I had thick cm. I think it has something to do with the type of injections he but me on though. when he did u the u/s u could see it.  during my tww it seemed to get thicker but it could have something to do with the premetrium he put me on. 200 mg per night Vag not oral. I hope this helps.

Purple7374 WElcome. I am sorry to hear about your past year. It must have been a really hard one. God has a plan for u. I pray that everything turns around for u.

Docsaf  my dr doesnt do anything during the tww. once u have a BFP then he does 2 hcgs 2 days apart to check me.

mich183 Feel better! I am sending u Baby dust and praying for u.

Anya  I cnat wait to hear your results. Several of u will be testing soon. I am praying for BFPs.

Kimber1101 my re says bd the day after the iui and then after that it is just for fun.  WE had no restrictions.

nshapland Dont get up implational bleed can still happen this late. It is a better sign if it is brown and not red. u didnt tell the color. please dont give up hope. IF AF comes then know u r not in this alone and we will be here for u.

Now for an up date. On cd 22 and 12 dp iui i tested HPT BFP. CD23   13 dp iui Beta 152, Cd25 15 dp iui beta 428.

I am looking forward to seeing some more BFPS. I wont be on for a week starting tomorrow but i will check it when i get back.

BAby dust and Prayers to all.
rmmoye, docsaf: Thank you both so much for your encouraging posts! My past year was really hard but I've come to learn that everyone has got their own heartbreaking, upsetting or very very difficult experience(s).

nshapland: I really hope that this bleeding is not going to be AF. Implantation bleeding can indeed come very late. I had some last year on day 12 after egg collection and was crying all day because I thought that was it. Keep thinking positive thoughts and try to relax-

vbcoach82: As long as there is spotting and not heavy bleeding there is still hope. I wouln't compare too much with others, everyone is different and baybe your implantation spotting goes over several days?

MJinWaiting: I've got a cold on the way too. Hope for both of us that it stops right there before it's a full headcold! With me I do think its a cold and not a symptom, quite a few people at work have been coughing all week.

Best of luck to everyone and lots of sticky baby dust.
Thanks Purple7374, we'll try to keep up hope but its hard after 21 mos of disappointment.  :)  Its pretty brown the last 2 days.  First day was a little pink.  Not much at all, just when I wipe basically.  I had cramping Wed morning and a little last night.  Guess I should just take a test and see what it says.  Thanks and good luck everyone!!
I work from home so I am not really around too many people on a usual basis besides my husband, and he went out of town early this week and has no cold yet, and friends on the weekends. I hope its good for both of us as well!!

vbcoach82-I hope for you too that it is just late IB, I know we have heard this a thousand times but everyone is different. I need to take my own advice lol

kikkleh-I also had hcg injection so RE told me if I test to take it with a grain of salt, however from what I have read the HCG is usualy out of the system within 11 days. I took the trigger on the 23rd, so mine should be out today. I am going to test tomo just to see if its out of my system so when I POAS monday I know if its real or false.

Docsaf-whats going on with you? how are you feeling? any new symptoms or feelings today?

Hello Ladies!!!  Unfortunately, I received a BFN...So I will be looking for funding and Try again. Thanking God for this process, praying that I can give IVF another try. I will be praying for everyone in this journey on TTC...Love you lots and take care. SSBD to everyone...LEVI
Hi all, I had my embryo transfer on 27th Aug. This tww is sooo fraustrating....It was really motivating to find this forum...Now I am assured that this is normal and I am not going crazy :) Don't think I'll be able to resist the temptation of taking a home preg test...but trying hard to keep sane
Just noticed you mentioned about taking pineapples in an earlier post...My doc specifically advised me to avoid pineapples and papayas during this time....I guess it is better that you check with your doc once before manking any changes to your diet plan...
sorry to hear about your BFN, Im praying that your time is soon.

sp_excited-Hello and welcoem to the forum. This tww is definitely a tortorous one. We are all in the same boat and def use eachother as guidance. When are you planning on testing? HPT or Beta?

Thanks for the Positive Support...I am praying for your journey as well...SSBD to you,,,
I am planning for the beta test on 10th...Long long wait....

Best of luck to all!!
Hi dear,

I'm surprised... Me too past 3 days stuffy nose, flu, my body damn heaty ..but i didn't take any medicine (fear of any side effect)....today a bit okay...just now i feel nausea a bit.. Everything depend on my blood work...

lots of baby dust to all of us...
Hi dear,

when i tried with 50mg clomid my body never response well...lining was thin...So DR changed to femara with very low dosage 2.5mg bcoz of pcos...Femara suits me... All the fertility medicine was on low dosage bcoz of Pcos...Dr scared if give high dosage may cause multiple birth..Finally on iui day my egg was 21mm..only one...

Lets pray! hope god will bless us with babyyyyyyysss....

Levi97 - Sorry to hear about your BFN

mich183 - I hope you feel better soon!

MJinWaiting, Purple7374 - I did not know a headcold was a sign. I woke up with a stuffy nose this morning and that is it. My dog had a stuffy nose earlier this week and I briefly wondered if I can catch a cold from her. I'd rather think it might be a sign.

kimber1101 - my RE says to bd the night of iui or the morning after. He puts no restrictions on BD'ing the rest of the tww. But I am taking crinone, which is sort of yucky so i usually don't BD too much during the tww.

nshapland - don't give up hope. I know people who started spotting during the tww and continued for weeks. Spotting early on in the pregnancy isn't always a bad things.

sp_excited - welcome! I have never heard anything about avoiding pineapples. I have read in several posts that the pineapple core may help with implantation b/c of the bromelin. You are right, though, - I will ask my RE the next time I see him and ask.

rmmoye - great numbers!

A lot of people will be testing soon - good luck! SSBD!

For those who take hpt's (me included): The 1st time I was pg I took a hpt at 10dpiui (it was Mother's day and I thought it would be a nice gift). It was BFN. The cycle was bizarre - 1st cycle on injectables and it was a roller coaster - it did not feel right. I did not get AF by 14dpiui so I went in for b/w. I was sure that it would be BFN and that the crinone was delaying my AF so I got b/w so we could start a new cycle. My beta was 40 at 14dpiui and it was a BFP. At 15dpiui and 16dpiui (after the b/w confirmed I was pg) I took hpt's and got BFNs. I bought at least 50 hpt's TTC #1 and seeing a BFN was really upsetting so I took the hpt's b/c I really wanted to SEE a BFP. My DH then took away the remaining hpt's b/c I was upsetting myself so much. My betas rose appropriately and I gave birth to a healthy DS 9 months later. I know this isn't typical, but there is hope until AF arrives or b/w shows otherwise. all that being said, I still have 2 hpt's left over and I'm not sure I will be able to resist taking 1 next week.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a 3-day weekend and I am looking forward to a break from work. nothing special planned - a bbq on Sunday, maybe a trip to the park on Sat. Monday - maybe go for a nice, long walk.

kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
vbcoach82 - 9/3 (hpt on 9/1?)
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
MJinWaiting - 9/8 (will try hpt on 9/6)
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
meenakshi76 - 9/9
Purple7374 - 9/7 (hpt)
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
docsaf - 9/10
sp_excited - 9/10
anya10 - 9/12?
Risa615 - 9/13

I just talked to my dr and he wants me to come in today for a blood test b/c I'm spotting and he wants to come up w/ a plan for if I'm going to start my period over the weekend.  I had a 5 day transfer and he said I could test 9 days after (but that falls on a Sun and no one will be in the office--which isn't that weird for a fertility clinic)? Anyway, now it's only 7 days after 5 day transfer. Is it possible it's too soon and it will be a false negative?
I did an HPT and again it was BFN. No aunt flow yet, kinda bummed.
Maybe it's to early for the HPT. Good luck!
Purple you should still get beta check even if positive HPT as it is watched to make sure it is going up and not down. If it goes down something is wrong and if caught soon enough might be fixable.
My sister who has had two iui told me not to test before day 12 atleast as I might get a false negative. Her dr told her to wait and she did the 1st BFP after 12 days and 2nd after 16.
Well it was negative, but I haven't got AFyet.
Hi ladies,
Just wanted to say good luck to all. One more week until I test. I am trying really hard not to think about it too much, so haven't been logging on much. SSBD to all !!
MJinWaiting,hi-i actually am given the triiger injection-strength 5000, then three follow up injections-strength 1500 over 9 days-so i really cant test!  

vbcoach82, i wouldnt stress too much about spotting-my fertility doctor said that many many women think they got their period when it turns out to be a pregnancy-even my mum did years ago! the doc said usually it is a lighter period though. spotting could also mean your progesterone is low (which can threaten a pregnancy) but im sure your specialist will test you for it.

all-had some strong cramping this morning-thought it was my period but there is no sign of it. very relieved. im 13 days past ovulation so getting close to my blood test-4 days to go!!!!
hello i am a newly married woman i have 4 children and never ever had a problem with getting preg until i ha an ectopic preg andon of my tubes had to be removed now my new husband has n children and only dreams of having one with me.. Did i mention that it would be my first time having a child in wedlock s i am looking foward to have  great husband by my side.. But what do i do where do i began i don't even kno the first thing aboutl ooking for a fert doc ..Will my inscover much orwha ihave hip trough the nypd im ovulating right now  i  took the first choice ovulating test and two lines appeared humm how long have i been ovlating for? what is the best thing to do?
Hello everyone! So today is 10dpiui and i tested yesterday to make sure the trigger was out of my system and it was a BFN so my trigger is out. I will test on monday 12dpiui. I have not been feeling well since yesterday, today im exhausted, and feel a little congested and my throat is a little sore. Im hoping its a prego sign not that im really getting sick. I also still have alot of CM.

Kikkleh-Ohh yes you really cant test, that must be torture. I wish you could POAS to at least get a little releif, but at least you wont be bummed by a BFN. Youll get it from the REs with a plan for the next time.

kevlynnistaylormade-welcome! Ask your OB-GYN to refer you to a RE. They will know someone. Good luck and congrats on your marriage.

mich183: I am sorry to hear about your negative result. It is so disappointing and frustraiting at the same time. I will keep you in my thoughts.

tonysbabydoll00: Thank you for your advice. I was having the same thoughts. Now I won't have time to go to the clinic until 9th September, even though I could test on the 7th I am not sure I will do that. I will decide on the day I guess.

Also, I had a major scare yesterday. I had some bright red blood when I was wiping. But today it has stopped. However I'm having a lot of discharge. At the moment I don't know how to stay positive.

Lots of super sticky baby dust to all of us!
as i mentioned earlier i woke this morning with strong cramping but no period. i ended up with the tiniest little clot in my underwear-like 1mm in size and no blood. cramping has stopped for now. just glad no period-tomorrow is 14 days past ovulation! starting to get close to finding out for me.
I am going for my eagg retrieval tommorow I am a bit nervous. I am doing my procedure in gaudalarja mexico with Dr,Chaves he is a leader in mini ivf I had personal friend success stories and hoping to have one of my own. Please pray for me and feel free to post any questions, comments, or uplifting words waiting for my husband and I am very lonley. Wish me luck.
Lalaminiivf421 I wish you luck and will pray all goes well tommorrow.
Got my BFN yesterday : (  They had me test early b/c I was spotting.  Tested using an HPT today just in case (day 14 after retrieval) and it was negative.
Still haven't gotten AF. I feel pregnant, boobs hurt, constipation, cramping, congestion, hungry more often, urination more often, all the early pregnancy signs. Wondering if the HPT's (urine) just don't work for me. When using Ovulation predictor they didn't work, had to do a blood test to show what they were supposed to show. So I am wondering if I just don't have the levels in my Urine at all.

Going to do a blood test on tuesday if AF hasn't come. On Clomid, cycle was 29 days last month, I am on day 31 today.
Praying for some BFPs for those of you that get to test this week!

Risa
Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a 3-day weekend and it was wonderful. I love 3-day weekends - they seem so much more relaxing. Sat I went to a pottery painting place with my DS and we made my father a thank you present for babysitting this summer. And then we went for a nice long walk. Yesterday we went to a bbq. And today, maybe another long walk and a trip to the park. My DS loves to go outside and look around. I only thought about the tww about 20 times yesterday instead of my usual 100.

I felt a little crampy this morning. AF isn't due until Thursday, but last time it came 2 days early. So the cramps might be AF cramps if I get AF tomorrow. I'm trying to stay optimistic that they are just regular cramps and either don't mean anything at all or are a sign of implantation. Me and my DH decided to take a vacation day this upcoming Friday. I am going in for my bloodwork at 7. The sitter is coming and we are going to go for a day trip - bike trip, walk around a quaint town, nice lunch. We should find out if the iui worked. If it didn't then we have to schedule a consult for ivf. So this day will give us talk time if we need it.

lalaminiivf1421 - welcome and good luck!

nshapland - sorry to hear about BFN.

kevlynnistaylormade-welcome! Ask your OB-GYN to refer you to an RE or check with your insurance company as to what needs to be done and who is covered in your local area.

mich183 - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

SSBD! Good luck to all!

Hello! Happy Labor day! So today is 12dpiui for me and I tested this morning and it was BFN. I had some slight brown discharge yesterday and less today but only when I wiped (sorry TMI). I still have a head cold, and I have been having little headaches the last couple days when waking up. I usually sleep like a log but this weekend I was so exhausted and couldnt sleep well. I woke up at 7am all 3 days of my long weekend (no fun!) which is so not like me. I have been getting nauseous in the afternoons just slightly though. It feels like when I havent eaten in a while and my stomach hurts and is nauseous except that I have been eating regularly and I get nauseous a little less than an hour later.

Who knows what's to come. I have my blood test at RE on Wednesday if AF doesnt show before then.

well... tomorrow is the end of my TWW...  I as supposed to a HPT, but there is a part of me that just wants to wait some more... Crazy, I know.  Wishing all out there lots of Baby Dust.... welcome to the new comers!!!  
Good luck to all waiting for results this week!!
I will find out Thursday if we are having our iui sat or sunday!! This will be our first time with all this so I'm excited,nervous and just praying all goes very very good ;)
Prayers for all
So guys, today is 13dpIUI for me, I go  to RE on Wed for pregnancy bloodwork and I have been having lower abdominal pain for the last several days which is mild that constant..I read online that it could be the early sign of ectoptic pregnancy...does anyone know anything about it and the pain I am experiencing?
The reason I am asking is because the good part is that I took two POAS today and I GOT HTP!!!!!
So now I am scared......but I know that I won't know for sure that I am pregnant until Wednesday AND I won't know whether it is ectoptic or not until the first ultrasound (in another 4 weeks....and it could be too late).
im devastated-just got my period-16 days after ovulation. im only allowed 1 more iui before we have to move to ivf. BFN for me.
My HPT came out as negative this morning and my period just started. I don't know what to say. I was really hoping that with two day 5 blastocysts of good quality there would be a better outcome. I am so disappointed and sad.
kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - BFN
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
vbcoach82 - 9/3 (hpt on 9/1?)
nshapland - BFN
MJinWaiting - 9/8 (will try hpt on 9/6)
esmie1012 - 9/8
rnnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- BFN
meenakshi76 - 9/9
Purple7374 – BFN
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
docsaf – BFN
mich183 - 9/10
sp_excited - 9/10
anya10 – BFP! Wonderful news!
Risa615 - 9/13

Anya10 - Congratulations! That is wonderful news! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months! When I was TTC #1, I thought I would stop worrying when I got pg. After I got pg, I thought I would stop worrying after I got through the 1st trimester. And then I thought I would stop worrying after the triple screen... and then the 20 week u/s... Basically there is always something to worry about. I stopped worrying when I gave birth to a healthy baby.  I know a lot of people that felt mild constant pain when they were pg. For them, it did not mean anything. You got over the 1st hurdle - you are pregnant. Try not to worry about anything else right now - just enjoy the wonderful news.

rnnghorse - I know what you mean. At some point, taking a test becomes scary. If I take it too early then I can always use that as an excuse to not show positive. But after a certain point, I expect it will be correct. (at least the box says 95 or 99% of the time) Good luck! Fingers crossed.

AF arrived 2 days early again. I actually took a hpt when I first woke up this morning (it was clearly BFN) and AF started by the time I got to work. CD1 for me again!

kikkleh - I am in the same position as you. my insurance covers 1 more iui and then I have to move on to ivf. We will have to meet with the RE for a consultation over the next couple of weeks to discuss this. My DH is so apprehensive about ivf. We both have off on Friday and are taking a day trip. At some point we will have to discuss the next step.

Everyone who is still in the tww: Good luck! SSBD! I will check this thread regularly b/c I really want to update the list with lots of BFPs.
Well today is 13dpiui for me, I didnt test this morning but I have a started a small amount of spotting. I called the RE and they still want me to come in for a bloodtest tomo. I am feeling quite down and cranky about all this. I know that its only a 25% chance but I was really hopeful for this cycle.

Im sorry for all of those who also had a BFN this cycle.

Anya congratulations thats great!

Anya I had an etopical pregnancy two years ago. I had no symptoms though. Dr. said to watch for shoulder pain and sever cramping. Good luck. hope all is ok.
I got a BFN today but still no AF should have started Saturday or Monday. Always on time switching between the two days since May.
Hi my dear sisters......

Today 15dp iui. Tomoro my blood work since Thursday holiday... I'm so scared and stressed...having cramping on n off, hungry more often, tired and stuffy nose....Did my HPT on 5/9 results BFP.........Today again done HPT results BFP...  everything depend on tomoro's blood work.......????????

Anya10:   Congrats ....happy to hear from you... take good care.
MJinWaiting: Keep your hope.....dont worry...hope Pg
Kikkleh,purple7374 and docsaf....Sorry to hear abt BFN..keep on try...tis is not end of life...

Please pray for me....I'm sooooo scared....... Baby dust to all of us.......

So how did you know that it was ectoptic? How soon after you just found out that you are preggo? The pain is very dull but I feel bloated.. that's it. I know that I won't have my first u/s until 6 weeks and my b/w is only tomorrow.
Hey there!!
Same here, BFP so far..took three HTP , two yesterday and 1 today and all show very good 2 lines! So.,...tomorrow's bloodwork says it all..but after that, I need to make sure that it is a normal pregnancy and the heartbeat is there..it is a rollercoster! You must be excited as I am but also scared.I know the feeling, I am in the same boat. Only I have no symptoms except I am not feeling my usual self and my stomach is bloated and crampy a little. GOOD luck, let me know your numbers tomorrow!
kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - BFN
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
vbcoach82 - 9/3 (hpt on 9/1?)
nshapland - BFN
MJinWaiting - 9/8 (will try hpt on 9/6)
esmie1012 - 9/8
rnnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- BFN
meenakshi76 - BFP on hpt!
Purple7374 – BFN
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
docsaf – BFN
mich183 - 9/10
sp_excited - 9/10
anya10 – BFP! Wonderful news!
Risa615 - 9/13

meenakshi76 - congratulations!
Yes, I know what you mean about being worried all the way until you gave birth to your DS. I was the same when I had DD. She is 14 months now and I really want to have a second baby and get it over with. I was very happy when pregnant, had the best memories and felt awesome, and I want to experience it again! I hope this cycle would work for me and I will have another beautiful child! As for you, don't get discouraged , you are going to try again very soon and this time, it will work as well!!!!!!!!!
Wish me luck on tomorrow s bloodwork!
Anya
Well... after 8 years of marriage, 6 years of trying for a baby, almost a year of fertility treatments, I can finally say BFP!!!  Took a HPT this morning... followed up later this morning with dr. and they comfirmed!
Wishing everyone out there still waiting all the baby dust you need.
For those with a BFN this month, I have been there many times and I know what you are going through. I thought for sure this was going to be one of those times. But never give up hope. Have faith... your turn will come soon!
Anya10  On my first ultrasound they found a sac, on my second nothing in the womb on my third they finally found the fetus in my tube. They checked my levels also and they weren't going up.  
I go to the clinic on Thursday if still no AF. My progesterone was 43 last week. I talked to the nurse at the RE office and she told that I tested too soon. I told nobody told me anything. So please keep your fingers crossed for a BFP on Thursday.
ok, im in a frenzy today as there has been a turn of events....

i started bleeding late yesterday, rang my fertility clininc to notify them. then i got on my treadmill and ran for ages-trying to vent my frustration and lose some of the weight i had put on using puragon-i even did sit ups, leg lifts etc...
then my bleeding stopped. it started slowly again this morning and i  decided to take a pregnancy test-it came up a very faint positive! went in to have blood taken but they are teling me that i could be going through another miscarriage. (went through one 4 months ago).
i am worried out of my mind-waiting for the phonecall of my hcg/progesterone and estrogen levels to come back. please pray for me!
Congrats to all of the BFP!!! You girls give me hope!! Going in for my 2nd IUI tomorrow at 11 :) I hope that this is the one!!! Good luck to all of you!
I had a temp dip this morning and spotting today at 9 dpo. Maybe implantation? Or maybe just AF on its way... Waiting until 12 dpo to test, unless AF comes before then.

docsaf - sorry about the BFN :(

mnghorse and kikkleh - congrats on the BFP !! I hope my first round of injectables will be lucky too!!
I hope you have some good news to share soon.  Hang in there!

Risa
Hi my dear sisters,

I'm so happy, DR confirmed my pregnancy after my blood work. +++++++++...
After so much of stress, emotion,tears and pain....I,m praying hard for it to be healthy pregnancy and healthy baby in 9 months time.....Huh! more stressed than b4.....

Congrats for whoever got BFP   ......I'm thanking god for blessing us..and  protect the mom & baby for next 9 months....

I'm really sorry for whoever got BFN... Pray and keep trying....be determined ..

LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL OF US HERE
well i just got blood results back and it was negative for pregnancy. there was still some hcg left over in my body-which the hpt must have picked up, but it was not high enough to be considered a pregnancy. doctor said some people take longer than others to get rid of the hcg in their system.
so now i have gone through all of that uncertainty my period has started properly and im not pregnant.
BFN for me.
lots of pressure for this month to work for us or its on to ivf which i dont want to do!
congrats on those who got their BFP's.
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
rnnghorse - BFP! Yippee!
meenakshi76 - BFP! Yahoo!
anya10 – BFP! Wonderful news!

kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
Levi97 - BFN
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
vbcoach82 - 9/3 (hpt on 9/1?)
nshapland - BFN
MJinWaiting - 9/8 (will try hpt on 9/6)
esmie1012 - 9/8
kikkleh- BFN
Purple7374 – BFN
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
docsaf – BFN
mich183 - 9/10
sp_excited - 9/10
Risa615 - 9/13

rnnghorse - congratulations! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Overall, great stats for this month - lots of BFPs! I hope they are contagious and those who haven't tested yet catch it.

For those of us who got a BFN - I'm sorry. I try to be optimistic and seeing people who TTC for many months finally get a BFP gives me hope and reassures me that it will be my turn soon. Good luck to all of us next month!

I go back to the RE today for the baseline u/s and b/w. The nurse told me yesterday that if all looks good he will lower my starting dose AGAIN. This is my 4th injectable+trigger+iui cycle and I have responded very (almost too well) the other cycles. He wants the follies to grow very slow and steady and hopefully not have to almost cancel another cycle. I appreciate his logic - he does not want to put me in a position of too many babies and consider selective reduction. But it is a little frustrating b/c I feel like we are purposely aiming for a mediocore response (1 or 2 follies) instead of a great response (3 follies). And I find it hard to believe that so many would fertilize on 1 month, when normally none do. Okay, i'm done venting.
Hi ladies,
I went to get my bloodwork done today and still waiting for results. As far as the pain in my lower abdomen I have been having - they did an ultrasound and found two HUGE cysts on my left and righ ovaries :( I was told that they should go away at 13 weeks if I am pregnant....I hope everything else is fine. I was also told that they can't see on ultrasound YET if it is a normal pregnancy or if I am pregnant at all..so I am waiting for a bloodwork results and hopefuly its BFP! Then, I will wait for the hcg to double and have my first ultrasound where I should see a sac and a heartbeat...
It has been very stressful so I hope everything works out well!
As for those with BFN, don't you give up!!!! Next cycle can be yours!!
I strongly recommend though to see a fertility accupanture ( i did it twice before and it worked!!) right before and after IUI or IVF. Also, do yoga, it helps as well!!
Keep fingers crossed for me!

meenakshi76 - CONGRATS!!! How high were your hcg numbers?!
Well AF came last week.  I'm bummed but getting used to the bad news after 22 mos of trying.  We will be going for our 3rd IUI next week.  The Dr recommends no more than 4 tries.  Since this costs nothing to us we're gonna go for it.  Can't hurt.  I'm trying to be positive but its hard.  If the next 2 cycles don't work we're gonna take a break from all this. We need to get our lives back.  Good luck to all those that are still waiting to find out!!
Well the RE called me with the results of bloodwork and its BFN!! ugh! This stinks, its so emotionally draining. I had a major breakdown yesterday and bawled for hours. I needed it though, it wasnt as hard to hear the bloodwork results bc I kinda already had a feeling. I have my baseline on friday for our second IUI cycle. We will have 2 weeks of normalcy before we endure this emotional rollercoaster we call the the TWW.

I wish all of you good luck!! Those with BFP, keep that smile that you have right now!! thats important and were all very excite for you! Those with a BFN, just remember that without dissappointment there wouldnt be joy and happiness and were enduring this dissappointment for the joy and happiness we will have once we finally get our BFPs.

Heres to hoping! Babydust and love to all
Went in for my 3 day bw & us on Mon.  Starting round #2 of injectables.  RE said he will give me something this month so that I don't O b-4 I have several mature follies.  DH is feeling very strong about this being our last cycle. I'm not too happy about that so I told my RE I want as many as possible this time.  Hopefully one will be good & it will work this time!  :)
Well, AF came today at 10 dpo so it is BFN for me this month. I go in Friday for CD3 u/s and will hopefully start round 2 of injectables...
Good luck to all who are still in the tww!
AF came yesterday afternoon. Such a let down! I was just really light for a little while so I hoped with all my heart that it was going to stop. But I defiantly have AF now.

Congrats to all the soon to be mothers!

Seeing dr. Friday to find out what's next.
docsaf-i hear ya-here in australia we are only legally allowed to go ahead with a cycle of there are 1-2 eggs-i had a cycle cancelled as there were 3. stupid thing was that my husband and i tried anyway and still didnt fall pregnant.

MJinWaiting, i got my BFN yesterday and the funny thing is is didnt even cry-i just knew it had not worked and i think i am emotionally numb now.

Kimber1101, BeeHappy76 , mich183,- sorry to hear you are all starting again (i am too). im day 2 now and will be starting puragon injections tomorrow-a higher dose this time. this is my last chance before we have to try ivf.
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
rnnghorse - BFP! Yippee!
meenakshi76 - BFP! Yahoo!
anya10 – BFP! Wonderful news!

kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
Levi97 - BFN
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
vbcoach82 - BFN
nshapland - BFN
MJinWaiting - BFN
esmie1012 - 9/8
kikkleh- BFN
Purple7374 – BFN
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
beehappy76 - BFN
docsaf – BFN
mich183 - BFN
sp_excited - 9/10
Risa615 - 9/13

Sorry to see more BFN's.

I went to the RE yesterday and I have 4 leftover follicle structures. Three of them have already started shrinking, the fourth is still pretty big. My RE says that we can move forward with the next cycle anyway. Since my last cycle was almost canceled, he lowered my starting dose of Follistim (again). I mentioned that this is the last iui my insurance will cover and that if this cycle is not successful I need to move to ivf. I have an ivf consulation appt in 2 weeks. I have been re-assured this will give me plenty of time to have all the tests done so that I can start the next ivf cycle (the bc pills) without losing time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this month will be successful. But I am a planner and I like to have a back-up plan just in case.

To all of those still waiting to see if this cycle was successful - SSBD! Good luck!
AF came yesterday. I am so disappointed. I can't afford to do it again. I guess we will try on our own. I haven't told my husband yet though.
Oh man,
Girls, i am so sorry for all of your BFNs.....It almost never works the first cycle, but surely, you will get your BFPs very very soon!!!

As you can see, some of us got BFPs, which means there is hope!! Also, just a BFP doesn't mean a successful pregnancy so it is not over for us either.... I had one miscarrige at 7 weeks 2 years ago and when i got my BFP , I was sooo excited....SO this time around, I try to keep my cool because I am scared.
Don't you all worry, it will be fine!
I got my BFN yesterday and also AF showed up for the party:(
It is a let down, but I knew my chances weren't the greatest with clomid thinning out my uterine lining this cycle.
I have an appointment with my RE later on today to discuss new treatment.

Wishing everyone else in their 2ww lots of sticky baby dust!
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
rnnghorse - BFP! Yippee!
meenakshi76 - BFP! Yahoo!
anya10 – BFP! Wonderful news!

kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
Levi97 - BFN
vbcoach82 - BFN
nshapland - BFN
MJinWaiting - BFN
esmie1012 - BFN
kikkleh- BFN
Purple7374 – BFN
tonysbabydoll00 - BFN
beehappy76 - BFN
docsaf – BFN
mich183 - BFN
sp_excited - 9/10
Risa615 - 9/13

sp_excited and Risa615 - SSBD! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get BFPs.
Went in for b/w & U/S today @ cd 6 after 3 days of injections.  My 10 beautiful follies have dissapered & I am left with one big guy that gobbled up all the meds.  I was very concerned when I went in for my baseline on cd3 & had one @ 10.5 but the RE on duty said it was fine & within their range so to proceed with the cycle.  Now I wish I wouldn't have.  I had more than one follie when I was on Clomid & this is 100 times more expensive.  So I will be doing my IUI on cd 9 this month.  That's crazy!!  I had such high hopes for my 2nd round w/ injectables.  Feeling very sad right now & like this month was a waste.  :(   I want a re-do...
Thanks for the baby dust. AF could arrive in the next day since my temp is 98.18 today.  Tomorrow if temp dips again, then AF will show up.  Hoping not, but I will keep everyone posted!
Good to hear lots of BFPs this month.  Thanks for keeping the list going!
Risa
Thank you all for sharing your stories.  This is my first Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI (9/5). I am on 6dpIUI and the wait is tww is twt! I am 39 and and been diagnosed w/Hashimoto's.  Praying Dh and I will get lucky on 1st round.  TTC for 1 1/2 years.  

BD to all and most importantly I will be praying for us all!
Kimber1101 - Sorry to hear that you are disappointed. On injectables, I over-respond. When I was on clomid the 2nd month I only produced 1 follie. My RE said sometimes the meds just help people make a better quality follie instead of a lot more follies. It only takes one! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is what you have. Isn't it crazy how short some of these cycles are? Now that I am taking injectables, there is less time between CD1 and iui, and my luteal phase has only been 12 days. I feel like I am constantly going in for b/w and u/s.

Risa615 - fingers crossed.

BabyDust713 - I wish you lots of luck. The tww is defintely twt. Hopefully first time is the charm for you. Did you respond well this cycle?

I am on CD6 of my next cycle. I go in tomorrow to see how I responded to the injectables this month. it is a lower dose, so hopefully I responded well, but not too well and my next iui will be the Fri or Sat.

SSBD to all of us!
Hi all, got some great news to share...I got a BFP with hCG level 598. Am very excited!! My doc said the number looks like twins...Got to wait for two more weeks to know for sure....

All who got BFPs...congratulations!! what were ur hCG levels?

All who r TTC, lots of baby dust and best wishes....I pray u get BFPs next time

Take care everyone...
I had a BFP on the last day of my TWW (Sept 7) Blood work comfirmed that same day with HCG of 103.  Two days later it was 309.  Go back for more b/w on Monday and Thursday to check progestrone.  When did you have your blood work done?  

Congrats to you and all with BFPs... For thos that are still TTC, never give up hope!
rmmoye - BFP! Yeah! Congrats!
rnnghorse - BFP! Yippee!
meenakshi76 - BFP! Yahoo!
anya10 – BFP! Wonderful news!
sp_excited - BFP! Let's celebrate!

kimber1101 - 8/30 - BFN
Levi97 - BFN
vbcoach82 - BFN
nshapland - BFN
MJinWaiting - BFN
esmie1012 - BFN
kikkleh- BFN
Purple7374 – BFN
tonysbabydoll00 - BFN
beehappy76 - BFN
docsaf – BFN
mich183 - BFN
Risa615 - 9/13

sp_excited - Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Anya10 - How many times did you do acupuncture? Did you just do it the week of your iui/ivf or did you go throughout your cycle? I am getting my last iui at the end of the week or beginning of next week. I'm thinking of tyring acupuncture with it, but I don't know if it is too late.

Risa - fingers crossed for you!
About accupanture - I went in for the first visit and then I had first accupanture during my CD 3-6. Then, I had 2 done right before IUI and right after.  so it is not too late for you if you sign up right now and go for your first visit. They always do the first visit before IUI. It is pretty expensive ($90 per visit) , but IT WORKS! So after I had 2 accupanture back to back with IUI, I waited 2WW. THEN, I got pregnant and came back for accupanture (so the baby would stick and all) for next 5-7 weeks up until I turned 8 weeks pregnant and confirmed heartbeat. I had my DD :)
Coming back for second baby, I did the same thing. To start, my cycle was very weird because I did injectables and 2 cycles were cancelled because I over stimulated. The last one, same meds and I had 2 growing then they stopped so I thought, another cancelled cycle. However, my RE bumped the dose and I did more injectables for another week. All together, I had 2 weeks worth of injectables (which is rare) and had 1 good follie to go and many smaller ones. Went to accupanture, did 1 before IUI and 1 after and what do you know, got BFP !!! So, I believe that accupanture helps a great deal!!! While you are there, picture how the sperm meets the egg and the baby is developed. It helped me :)

I had HCG level of 420 to start with and today it is 2937. I am coming back next Tue for a heartbeat, I pray to GOD it is there. Also, I have 2 huge cysts on my both ovaries due to all the injectables...I hope it will go away! They are painful too....
Good luck to you!!
I am excited that we had so many BFps while i was on vacation. I am sorry to all of u who got the BFN or AF. I know it ***** but we are praying for u.

12 dp iui + hpt 13 Dp iui 152 15 DPiui 428 i go for us on the 20th.

Good luck to all of u ladies still trying. Keep the faith. God does answer prayers.
Congrats to all of the BFP!!! I'm 5 dpIUI and taking progesterone every nite. ***** because it is too messy to have sex and I feel like we are only trying to make a baby that the romance almost seems non existent. Does anyone else feel that way? I hope this time works! If not.. I'm going to ask them to check my follie size since they never have in the past!
Docsaf... Thanks for always keeping track! I will start testing a week from Wednesday :)
Congrats to all the bfp! its so encouraging!  

I'm hoping to someday see that double pink line! I took clomid for 4 months, femara for 2. I did injectibles for the first time this month and go tomorrow for my second iui.  They already told me my test date is 10/01. What is the reason for the booster hcg shot?  This is my third month of trigger shot, but first month to do the booster shot. I'm supposed to do it a week from my iui.  Thanks! Good luck!  
the booster hcg shot is used to support the second half of your cycle-if you take drugs for the first half then the second half needs to have some support too. hcg also keeps your progesterone levels up-helping a possible pregnancy "stick" . hope that helps.
It does help!  Thanks.  I wasn't sure.  They just said, do this!
I know exactly what you mean as far as progesterone and messiness.. you know, what's worse is that once you do become pregnant, you want to be so careful that no sex is allowed for the first  3 months (just to make sure that you don't bleed. I bled as soon as we started to do anything....) . Poor dh..I also feel bad, romance is gone because of that :(
Progesterone is yacki and messy and makes it worse :(
Anya, Kelly: I am on Prometruim , i am assuming it is about the same as the progesterone. It is very messy and gross. It has to be taken vag not oral. Kelly I understand the lack of romance but try to spice it up. dont tell him it is time and just dress up for him( towel, apron, lace stuff ect.). Trust me it helps. Anya u r right that some of the time u cann't have sex the first 3 months but not always. so far we are fine this time. last time we couldnt. I will tell u if u cant it does suck because it makes u very turned on. Poor Dh and poor you. It will get better in time.
I understand about the decrease in the romance dept. My DH is so exhausted after "work week" that he wants actually wants about a week break after the iui. There is very little romance during work week - we always need to bd on Mon-Wed or Tues-Thurs. By the time we get everything done, it's late at night and I have to leave the house by 6 for work so there's a rush. It's tough when we have to do it. Other weeks, everything seems much more relaxed. During the tww, if I think we are, I put in the crinone after. otherwise, I'm a bit afraid of what will fall out. My DH told me the other day that he thinks maybe we should not bd during the tww. he thinks that it might be affecting implantation.

Last time I was pg, I started bleeding at 13.5 weeks. We were not allowed to bd from week 13.5 - 20. The pelvic restriction was lifted at week 20 (I stopped bleeding at TW 16). We were able to bd until week 36. At that point my DH was afraid the baby would see/feel something or that I would go into labor and it started to freak him out.

Anya - your experiences sound similar to mine. my problem has been that I respond too well to Follistim. I am taking 58iu this time around and on CD6 I had 1X12, 1X11, and a few 10's. My RE does not think the 10's will go anywhere. This cycle, they seem to be growing much slower than before. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is successful. I will call and see if I can get an appt with an accupuncturist at the end of this week.

hollyjo4315 - welcome and good luck! I've never had the 2nd trigger. When did you have your iui? I see you are being tested on 10/1 - that is over 2 weeks away. Did you have you iui yet?

Kellykonnor - Seeing BFPs makes me happy and keeps me hopeful. Since most people I know in the non-cyber world get pg just thinking about it, it re-assures me that I'm not the only person who "works" at it. You are testing 9/22?
I had my insemination today. They said I have to wait longer because of my booster shot I take next week. Thanks for welcoming me!  It is nice to have somewhere to turn because I don't know anyone who is going through this.

I am having an issue. This was my first month on Follistim and everything has gone okay until yesterday.  I am having extreme discomfort in my stomach!  When I sit or stand or move. When I asked my doc today and he said the medication made my ovaries 3 times there size. Anyone have this issue and any advice?  I feel terrible.
Well on to IUI. Have the ultra sound on Monday to deterime when I will give myself the triggar shot and then the next day is the insemination.

So I am starting 2ww again in about a week!
Yes... Testing on the 22nd :) thanks for all of the kind words and advice about romance. We are going away this weekend alone so I'm hoping it Will be a good time for us to reconnect. I'm going to call and ask RE if I'm supposed to take the progesterone the entire 2ww. It delayed AF last time :( for those that take progesterone/ prometrium... Do your bb's hurt? Cranky?
Got a BFN, so I am the end of this 2ww wait! Going off of progesterone today and hopefully AF will arrive soon, so I can figure out new plan.  Good to see so many BFPs. Sending baby dust to all!
Risa
Prometrium give me so many side effects, sore bbs, cramps, bloating, moody, makes you feel pregnant and look pregnant.  So I told my dr and he switched me to Endomitrin, and this product is much better.  I really didn't have any side effects and it actually comes with applicators to be inserted vaginally.  I think it made me warm, so I drank alot of water and lost two pounds in the 2ww!
Risa
So sorry about your bfn.  Hang in there.
Thanks for the support, it is always so hard even when I expect it to be a bfn because I didn't really have any symptoms.  I always try to stay positive, but I am such a realistic person.  

What are you going to do this cycle to help you conceive?  

Risa
sorry about your bfn, im about a week into my last iui and its not going well-i ended up bleeding a few days ago on the puragon and my estrogen levels have not risen in a week! having bloods again in a couple of days to see if they need to increase my dose or not.
my specialist has given me the green light to try ivf if this iui doesnt work. soooo over it all-i have been living at the clininc basically the whole year so far.

good luck to everyone for this round-its our turn!
Kik: I know it is discouraging. I also know that it makes u feel like less of a person but u r not. dont give up. it will happen. I wanted to give up so many times and cried a lot but dh helped me get through it and we r here to help u get through it.

kim sorry about the bfn. It could take few days for it to show it. there is still hope until af comes.

Kelly and Risa:  I knew my bbs were sore and that i as a little emotional. I also noticed that i am showing already have been for a few weeks now. I didnt know that it was the premetrium. this is good to know. I was worred that i was gaining too fast for a healthy pregnancy. I also couldnt figure out why i had lost all of my stomic mus control.  i suck in and it goes no where.
Thanks ladies

last night i started having really sharp stomic pain. on both sides. it wasnt gas i worred every time i went to the bathroom that i was going to spot. I know that is crazy but i am still nervious. I am praying that everything is ok with this one. dh has said that no matter what we will be ok. he is so positive.

well may God bless u all.

Well I am having my ultrasound today, hopefully iui #3 tomorrow.  Good luck to those going thru it this week and those still waiting to find out!!
Hi...Sorry, missed your message...I got it checked on 10th Sep...LMP was 12th Aug...So, yes...mine was also the last day of tww....my doc hasn't suggested any more tests in between...will go for the u/s on 25th...
I had similar issue with my last pregnancy. I started to have brown spotting on week 7 and it went on for another several weeks so I was pt on pelvic rest. At that point, honestly, i didn't even want to bd that much because I really wanted to have that baby. Pregnancy before that ended up in a bloated ovum (I had dnc on week 7), but right after I found out I was preggo, we were bd for several days and I started to spot. Then we rushed to RE , he checked for heartbeat and didn't find it. SO, this time, no bd for us until it is all confirmed! Also, I have 2 huge cysts and they hurt. finally,  last time we bd (last week), I started to bleed, maybe because my vessels are very fragile and one ruptured, I don't know :( I feel aweful because I am a normal human being, you know?
I want to but I can't jepardize this pregnancy! So, my first u/s to check for a heartbeat is on Tue, pray for me! I am very scared!!!!!

I sometimes responded TOO well on follistim  and sometimes not.. Every cycle was so different! One time I had to do 58iu, another 35 iu cuz all the sudden they were growing all togther!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
rmmoye - BFP!
rnnghorse - BFP!
meenakshi76 - BFP!
anya10 – BFP!
sp_excited - BFP!

Kellykonnor - 9/22
hollyjo43015- 9/28?
vbcoach82
docsaf
kikkleh
mich183
Risa615
Kimber1101

I'm so glad to see so many new people! Last cycle there were a lot of BFP's; hopefully there will be many more this month.

Risa- Sorry to hear about your bfn.

kikkleh - sorry to hear that your cycle is not going well. At least you know if you end up responding too well that it will be converted into an ivf cycle instead of being canceled. I feel like I am always at the clinic. I counted and I was there 10 times in August. What I find odd is that although I always see the same patients in the waiting room, nobody ever talks.

Kellykonnor - I had really sore bbs the first time I took crinone. I felt no different when I took the prometrium pills. The first time I took crinone, I started feeling pg about 2 days after the iui. Realisticly I know it was the crinone b/c symptoms don't happen that soon, but I've taken crinone 3 other cycles and I have felt nothing these times so I can't help but wonder. As for cranky, this who process makes me so emotional. i don't think i can blame any 1 thing on the crankiness.

Anya10- I will pray for you. The first u/s is so exciting. But, yes it is nerveracking as well.

i went in for my 2nd u/s today and I had 1X14 and 2X13 and 8X11. The RE thinks the 14 is a leftover from the last cycle - I had 1 big leftover at my baseline u/s. he thinks my iui will be either Sat or Mon. I worry that the 8 11mm ones will catch up to the others, but he is not concerned.

actually here in australia we are not legally allowed to change from an iui to an ivf if there are too many follicles-we have such strict laws it *****. so if they overstimulate me thats it-another cancelled cycle.

i just found out that my only brothers girlfriend has been diagnosed with pcos also. my poor parents are never going to end up with grandchildren!-or thats what i keep teasing them with.
Good luck about IUI!!!
Do you remember what symptoms you had at your 5 weeks pregnant last time? I didn't put anything in my journal so I am concerned now. My symptoms are pretty much constupation, bbs are fuller but still soft (they were more tender 2 days ago), and ocasional dizziness. THAT'S IT!! I am nervous. I also can't sleep at night because those cysts worry me...they seem to be huge, even sticking out in my belly when I lay down :( My u/s is only on Tue and I am driving myself nuts here cuz I don't feel pregnant..
Well my tww starts this afternoon.  Going for IUI #3.  Had 2 mature follicles. Hopefully third times a charm!!  Hoping for a lot of BFPs this month!!!!
rmmoye - BFP!
rnnghorse - BFP!
meenakshi76 - BFP!
anya10 – BFP!
sp_excited - BFP!

Kellykonnor - 9/22
hollyjo43015- 9/28?
vbcoach82 - 9/30?
docsaf
kikkleh
mich183
Risa615
Kimber1101

Anya - The only symptoms I had were sore bbs and I was exhausted. The sore bbs went away after a few weeks - it was probably all the crinone. I did not get morning sickness at all during the 1st trimester. During the 2nd trimester I started to get a little nauseous in the afternoon if I went more than a couple of hours without eating. The only symptom I had the first trimester was exhaustion. I was taking a nap every day after work and still falling asleep by 9 at night. How big are your cysts? I have had a few leftover follie structures (I think these are cysts) the last couple of injectable cycles. Mine have all gone away before the next iui. You have less than a week until your u/s. My fingers are crossed for you!

kikkleh - I misinterpretted. If the current cycle of iui is not successful or is canceled, then you got the ok to do ivf next cycle, correct? That is my situation. I have a consultation about the ivf process next Wed. so that if this iui is not successful I will be able to start an ivf cycle next month. Good luck - it's nice to have the ivf option, but hopefully you and I will not need to use it.

vbcoach82 - Three times the charm! Good luck! SSBD!

rmmoye - I gained 9 lbs before I was 6 weeks pg last time. I gained almost half my weight at the beginning of the pg and almost half the 3rd trimester (I gained 4 lbs during Thanksgiving week). The second trimester I gained only a few lbs total. One of the OB's told me that everyone gains weight differently and she would let me know if there was cause for concern. Good to know that your DH is so calm and rational - mine is too. Sometimes it frustrates me, but during the stressful times it is really helpful.

Kellykonnor - enjoy your weekend getaway! I hope you can relax and have fun.

I go to the RE tomorrow to find out if my iui is Sat or Mon. I'm hoping for Sat, but it will probably be Monday. If it is Sat then both me and my DH are home. If it is Monday then we have to juggle our work schedules around when the RE can fit us in - and it is never first thing in the morning nor the end of the day. Last night I kept telling my big follies to grow quicker. I know it is silly, but I hope they heard. My biggest was either 13 or 14 on Wed; it would have to be 17 tomorrow morning. If you have any tips, let me know.
i find out 9-24 its very doubtful for a bfp, but 9-25 my bday so i can keep praying
Hoping and praying you can have IUI on Saturday, I know what you mean about having one on a work day, it is a little harder and stressful.  Your 14 could be an 18 on Friday, so then an IUI Saturday would be fine!
Started AF last night, so probably go in next Friday for u/s to see what is going on this cycle which would be cd 10.  It might be too early, but since AF was delayed, sometimes I o early since my body wants to stay on schedule!

Baby dust to all,
Risa
Is anyone in their 2ww?  I did my fist IUI this cycle, 2 mature follicles ovulated (on 50mg Clomid), dh sperm count 43 million with 50% good mobility.  Really hoping it works out.  This is the first time my DH has gotten excited (been trying over a year).  Telling our dogs do you want a baby brother or sister?  He thinks we are having twins, but won't get my hopes up yet.  Just keep saying it is only successful 15% of the time. HPT Sept 27
Back from the IUI.  68 million good swimmers this month.  And it only takes one!  Let the 2ww countdown begin.  I will be testing 9/30 if AF doesn't come before then.  Good luck lgayle04!  This is my 3rd try on 100mg of clomid.
My 2ww started Tuesday, but I have to wait a little over 2 weeks due to my booster shot next week. So, I can test 10/01. I'm trying not to count the days down. I really need to see that double pink line! All the negatives I have had, I deserve a positive!  We all do. I'm tired of the crying and disappointment.  Its amazing to me how some people get pregnant without even trying to. With me, it seems like the stars have to be aligned just right. Sorry for the venting. I'm sure you understand.  Have a great weekend.  
yes, ivf next cycle if this one is unsuccessful. my ovaries are still being stubborn-i have been injecting puragon for 9 days now and have only an estrogen reading on 340! they keep telling me not to worry-slowly but surely is the best way anyway. last month i stimmed for 22 days! thats a lot more needles than i would like to be having.

good luck to everyone for this round. im going to try to stay positive this time!  
I know exactly what you mean.  I hate feeling resentment when friends say they got pregnant on their fist month of trying (or not not trying).  I really try to be happy for them, but it's hard.
I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant and I have two 10 cm cysts on each of my ovaries. I was told that they should go away by week 13, however so far I can feel them when I lay down ( and it is weird, for a week it was 1 cyst on one side that I felt and saw, and then yesterday it became another side...). My first u/s is only on Tue but I am scared because on top of very painful cysts, I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy... My question is: will my cysts go away and not harm the baby? Why my symptoms for pregnancy went away? I had several symptoms (dizziness, fatigue, moody, bloatness) 4 days ago but nothing since.

I am going to post the question about the cyst in this forum because even today, it bothers me SO MUCH, it is painful.....the cysts would go away if I had menses but because I am preggo...they are painful.. :(
Thanks!
rmmoye - BFP!
rnnghorse - BFP!
meenakshi76 - BFP!
anya10 – BFP!
sp_excited - BFP!

Kellykonnor - 9/22
kimepp - 9/24 - hoping for an early b-day present
lgayle04 - 9/27
vbcoach82 - 9/30
hollyjo43015- 10/1
docsaf
kikkleh
mich183
Risa615
Kimber1101

I just got back from the RE and my iui will be on Monday. This time at least we will be able to drop off my DH's sample at 8:00 AM. Last time it was late morning and he had to go to work and then come home and back again... he finds the time crunch stressful! Imagine if he was the one who got b/w and vaginal u/s every day the week of the iui and had to give himself a shot in the tummy every night.

My follicles are being stubborn. It looks like I will release 1, maybe 2 this cycle. The other ones just did not grow much. My RE will not up my dose b/c there are so many "next bigger" ones.  

I just did the math and my beta will be on 10/4. My DH's b-day is 10/2 - it would be a nice b-day present for him. Of course, that has never worked out for me, but I'm sure I will test anyway.

I understand about the venting. I either did it earlier in this post or on another post the last cycle. I know 5 people who are having babies Dec-Feb. 2 of them "accidentally" got pg. I know they will love their babies just as much, but it feels like a jab in the stomach when someone tells me that. But, when it is time it will happen.

Risa - are you getting an iui or is it a natural, monitored cycle? I start going in for u/s and b/w on CD8 so CD10 does not sound early to me at all.

Good luck to all! SSBD! I'm looking forward to seeing lots of BFPs. Enjoy your weekend!
Ladies it sounds like several of u are starting out this tww period with good stats. I am praying fro u.

It is ok to have the feelings we have when people tell us hey i just got handed the gift u have been working so hard for with out even trying to get it or with only puting forth a little effort. What makes us so special is we see it as a gift and put our feelings aside and say congrats. Ur turn will come and u will charish it even more when it does.
Next TWW wait will be starting for me in a few days. My next RE appt is Sun morning to see if I am ready to trigger. It looks like I will only have 1 foll this month, which I am pretty bummed about since they started me on a higher dose this cycle. My next test date will be around Oct 2 or 3rd. Good luck to all!
If everything works out I can test 10/7.

My first IUI, and I am really hopefull this cycle.
Hello Ladies - I am new to this site and I'm very thankful there is a forum that is so supportive and everyone know exactly what my DH and I are going through.  We have been TTC for 5 years went thru 6 IUI's and 2 IVF cycles (one ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks).  We took a while off to get our heads together and get back to being us.  Now we are ready and started in July.  I had my 1st IUI on 9/4 (which was my 34th bday).  My TWW ends tomorrow 9/18.  I had to great follies 1@20 and 1@23 and my dr confirmed the day of the IUI that they had released.  I'm scared to take the test (as we all are) due to all the neg results I've received.  I'm also nervous bc I really haven't had any "pregnancy" symptoms.  My bbs are not sore (major tingling in my nipples), but I'm tired and there seems to be major bloating.  I've had on and off cramping throughout the tww with no spotting at all, if feels like AF is coming, but nothing.  I'm hoping for a miracle as I'm not sure how much more I can take.

I agree we are happy for those who get preggo, but its still hard to understand why it can't happen for us.  But your just push your way through it and deal.

I wish everyone all the best and sending love, encouragement and wishes to you all!!!

Thanks for listening!!
AlliQ: Welcome!  We are all thinking of u and understand what u r going through. Babydust your way. I pray that your results are positive! If u r correct and AF does come then we will be here to listen to u vent and cheer u on for the next round. Trust me it helps to have these ladies. We maynot personaly know each other but we all become friends on here.

Rmmoye
Hearing other people's sucess stories eally help you stay positive.
anyone on here from wisconsin?  its nice to know someone going through the same thing that's close by. :)
rmmoye - thank you for the support and babydust - heaven knows I need it.  I will definitely keep you posted!!!

mich183 - you are absolutely correct - its the success story that allows me to keep the faith.

good luck to everyone!!!
So, this is my 2nd injectable cycle & I only had 1 mature follie for my IUI.  It sounds like others also had better results on their 1st cycle too.  Does that seem to be the case?  
My beta is on the 23rd.  Hopefully this one had a good egg in it.
rmmoye - BFP!
rnnghorse - BFP!
meenakshi76 - BFP!
anya10 – BFP!
sp_excited - BFP!

AlliQ - 9/18
Kellykonnor - 9/22
Kimber1101 - 9/23
lgayle04 - 9/27
vbcoach82 - 9/30
hollyjo43015- 10/1
docsaf - 10/4
mich183 - 10/7
Beehappy76 - ?
kikkleh
Risa615

Kimber1101 - This is my 3rd injectables cycle TTC#2. I responded almost too well the 1st 2 cycles and coasted. For the 2nd cycle it was up in the air until the last day whether or not the cycle would be canceled. My RE lowered my dose this time and I only have 1 definitely mature follie; maybe 1 other. At my u/s on Fri I had 1X15 and 1X13 + many smaller ones. I gave myself another dose of Follistim (he increased the dose) last night and I am giving myself the trigger shot tomorrow morning. My RE was happier this time b/c he said coasting is not really good and it is better for the eggs to not have to. With me, I'm not surprised there were fewer b/c he is very conservative and worried about me over-responding. Hopefully for both of us, the 1 is better quality.

How is everyone's weekend going? Mine is going quickly, but it is nice so far. I went to my niece's soccer game, visted my grandmother, and wool/yarn shopping with my mother. My mother makes beautiful baby blankets so I usually buy the wool and she crochets them for me. 5 friends/family (4 not related to her) are having babies and we know we need 3 girl blankets and 1 boy blanket. I haven't started the tww yet and this cycle seems to be moving slowly.

Anyone have thyroid issues? I just found out that I have several small nodules on my thyroid and I have to see an endocrinologist. My b/w came back normal. My primary said that it shouldn't impact my TTC, but she also said she did not notice any swelling of my thyroid. (My GYN noticed) This upcoming week is a busy doctor week - Monday is my iui, Tuesday I go to the endocrinologist, and Wed. is my IVF consult.

Hello All,

I am currently in my ttw with injectables and timed intercourse. Last year I had four failed IUI's with my previous RE. My new R.E. seems to be a little more thourough in his diagnonsis and treatment. I test on Sept 27th. I don't have any preg symptoms but I only used my trigger shot on Sept 11th. Just a little impatient but hoping for the best. Good Luck and Babydust everyone.
I haven't decided if I will do another IUI or just be natural.  Depends what I find out on cd 10.  AF is finally leaving, so ready to figure out this cycle.
I recently found out my TSH was 3.6 and it should be under 2 for ttc conceive, so I was put on thyroid medicine and my TSH came back as 2.13 a month later.  I am also taking iodine per the request of my acupuncturist.   You should have you TSH tested on Tuesday.  Good luck Monday for the IUI and I hope your appt on Tuesday gives you some answers on your thyroid!
Risa
I also have thyroid issues & am on a very low dose of Levothyroxine.
Can I join in too?  My IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I was given my trigger shot today (at the RE office).  This is my first IUI.  I used Clomid for CD1-5 and had u/s on CD11, CD14 and today CD17.  I had one follicle at 20mm and few smaller ones.  Nice to see so many +!  Good luck to all of us!!
Yeah, I am taking 25 mcg of levothyroid,  which sounds like a form of what you are taking.   What was your last TSH?
Risa
Viewing 1-200 comments: