anyone starting the tww this week?
Looking for cycle buddies - Anyone starting the tww this week?

this is my 2nd iui TTC #2. I took Follistim CD3-9. I over-responded and had to coast the past few days while my RE monitored my b/w and follicles to see if the iui would be canceled. On Monday I had 16 measurable follies and the biggest 8 were all within 2 mm of each other. After coasting for a few days, it looks like I will release 2 maybe 3. Hopefully this is our lucky cycle! Me and my DH are blessed to have a beautiful baby boy and we would love to give him a baby brother or sister.

I'm on day 8 of 2ww  ( renamed for me, 2wt, meaning two week torture lol! ) I have to wait till September 3rd, although that is less then a week away, it seems like forever.

Good luck!
find out on the 9th sept. fingers crossed as we have been on fertility treatment for 7 months now and are running out of money. i was surprised when i asked my clinic what the success rates were for iui. they told me for 1 follicle its the same as falling pregnant naturally-about 18%. why in the hell would i pay $1500 for iui if it does not increase my chances of falling pregnant?!!! i dont understand.
Hi hopeful1970142!
I can totally relate... Eight day of my 2wt (love your abbreviation!)... Oh, even the slowest of the slow Chinese water tortures seem more humane than this!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed, and wishing us all lots of luck. Was this your first IUI?
I think the point when using fertility drugs is to get more than one follicle at a time to increase your chances.  When I did iui  my dr said he was going for 3-4 follicles.  Didn't work for me, but then again I'm 40.
Or, if it's a sperm factor that's causing the infertility, iui can help w/ that (like motility, etc).
The 18% is if everything is working properly and for those of us w/ infertility something isn't working properly so our odds are less than 18% each month...
Hi! This was my first IVF transfer. Today I started spotting and am really down. I've heard that's not alwways bad but it makes me really nervous.  BD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish my insurance covered something. But we have to pay for everything, except for part of the drug, at least the cover part of the meds.

Right now just taking 100 mg of Clomid and inter course. The in fertility is just on my side. My DH has great count and motility.
Hi ladies, Yesterday was my trigger with 2 mature folls and 1 not far behind. I don’t have a beta scheduled so will do hpt 9/10.

Esmie – I hope the estrace works for you! I also had a thin lining on clomid. I did 4 clomid cycles and it never got above 6.5. I did not get pg even though I had 3 folls each time, so they switched me to injectables. This is my first gonal-f cycle and lining is 8.4.

Kikkleh, Mnghorse, Kimber1101 – sounds like all of us are on our 1st round of injectables. I hope first time is the charm for all of us!!

Docsaf – thanks so much. I hope this will be my lucky month too. It is great to hear you had success on the first try. Thanks for starting this thread! I don’t have an hcg scheduled but will do an hpt same day as your test, 9/10. That will be 12dpo for me.

I’m trying not to obsess about the tww. Will have to find lots of things to distract me. Wishing all of us luck for this cycle!
It does sound like we are in the same boat. My lining also went up by 2 once I switched from clomid, but still is only 8.4. I hope that will be enough! This cycle is also costing me $1500 just for meds and u/s with no iui (I am in the US).

At first my RE said they always do iui with injectables because the meds are so expensive and they want to increase the chance as much as possible. But later he said since we have gotten pg naturally 3 times so know it works w/out iui, there is no real need for iui. He said iui would only increase our chances by about 1%.  So we are just doing timed BD this cycle. We have gotten pg 3 times, but all ended in mc which is why we are trying meds. Good luck. I hope this is your month!
My fertility monitor went to high today, so probably ovulated Tuesday.  Tomorrow I have an RE appt to see what size my follies are. My temp went up a little today, so cycle is doing the right thing.  Unfortunately I never go past dpo 12 so I usually have a 10-12 wait until of 14 days.  I really want this to be my cycle, so I will take progesterone.  Currently taking vitamin b 6, b50, baby aspirin, macaroot, vitex, iodine, folic acid and wheat grass.  I have a high FSH, and been trying for two years.

Sending baby dust to all!
Risa
This is my 1st IVF and transfer was done on 8/19. I only had 1 out of 6 embryo that made it. I was bummed, but focused on the 1 i had. Beta test will be 9/2. This 2ww is rough, because it seems like every little change I question my self : Preg or is that the meds. Right now i am doing Progestrone shots, Prometrium suppositories and Estradiol pills. My only advice about the 2ww, is keep busy and not think into the symthoms. Take it easy and pray that everything will work out. Sending lots of baby dust and Positive vibes to you all. Levi
kimber1101 - 8/30
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - ?
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
Risa615 - ?

kikkleh - did your RE give you a prob of success if you did not do iui? Although all of our tests came back "normal", my RE thinks there must be a reason that we did not get pg after 10 months of TTC (with opk, etc.) the 1st time around. Based on my age, he figured that without help, my chances were probably ~5%. With clomid+iui, he upped my chances to ~12%. When we started injectables he did not give me any more percentages. My 2nd round of clomid I only had 1 follie mature. I was bummed and he said something like the meds may help me produce a better follie instead of just more follies. All that being said, I don't understand why I know so many fertile people who just have to think about getting pg for it to happen and I work at it so hard.

beehappy76 - congrats on the iui! 2 mature follies + 1 slightly smaller sounds great!

Levi97 - it only takes 1! I know a few women who ended up implanting only 1 and who got pg that month.

Wow - until now I did not realize how unusual it was for my insurance to cover meds+iui - I just have to pay the copay. It still adds up since I go the RE about 10 times a month for u/s and b/w. I live in the US and I know that in my state insurance companies have to cover at least part of infertility treatment by law.  

I bought a pineapple this morning and I cut it up. I also realized that I have never cut up a whole pineapple before and I wasn't sure exactly how. i think I did ok - just wasted a bit more pineapple than i would have wanted. The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning. It's not the best way to keep my mind off the 2ww/2wt but it worked most of the time.

SSBD to all! Good luck to those testing over the next few days.
RE said iui doesnt really increase your chances at all (unless there is a sperm motility problem -which we havent got), however my clininc does iui with injectables as a package sort of thing and they dont like just doing injectables as they are so expensive.
they said normal people have an 18% chance to fall pregnant per cycle and now they have me ovulating (i have PCOS) that i have no other medical reason not to fall pregnant-i now have the same chance as a normal person.
silly thing is-i worked out that since i have been on medication it has been 6 cycles. i fell pregnant but miscarried once, so if im working on a 20% chance (18% really) then i have another 4 cycles to go til i would fall pregnant statistically. 4 more cycles and ill be a broke mum!-both emotionally and money wise.
Looks like I can do beta 9/13 since my monitor went to high today.  I usually don't go past dpo 12, so I will really know what is going on 9/11.  Starting progesterone Thursday.
Sending baby dust to all!
Risa
I am on 6dpiui, no signs of anything yet :( Still hoping..
I'm on Progeterone ( prmetrium ) suppositories and Estrace. This is so frustrating. All my symptons have went away. Maybe having little symptons is a good sign. Baby dust for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi everyone. I am On my tww as well. I had IVF last week and I find out Thursday. I'm going nuts... My back is aching. Is this a bad sign?? HELP
Hey Girl, This weekend my Symthoms are very faint now. So maybe the HCG is getting out of our systems now. Well, only time can tell...Dont think into the symthoms because if we had regular pregancy most people wont feel anything until about a month or so. Hang there, I am praying for you. Levi.
kimber1101 - 8/30
beirutbaby - ?
rmmoye - ?
bklynhopes - ?
Levi97 - 9/2
hopeful1970142 - 9/3
mich183 - 9/3 or 9/4
nshapland - 9/7
esmie1012 - 9/8
mnghorse - 9/8?
kikkleh- 9/9
tonysbabydoll00 - 9/9?
docsaf - 9/10
beehappy76 - 9/10 (hpt - 12dpo)
anya10 - 9/12?
Risa615 - 9/13

I am 4dpo and I don't feel anything. I know if I did that it would be the crinone anyway since it's too early for implantation. But, it's still weird for me to feel nothing since I'm hypersensitive to my body during the tww/twt. Actually, the one thing I have while taking the crinone is weird, vivid dreams. Anyone else?

SSBD to all! I am looking forward to seeing some BFPs soon.
Well it's yet another BFN for me.  I can not believe how hard it is to tell DH each month when it comes back neg!  I honestly think that's the worst part.  Must be because we know the problems are on my end due to my "advanced Maternal age".  (I hate that!).
So glad I still have 1/2 my meds left.  This time I'm telling my RE I want as many mature follies as possible.  No more of this we hope for 3 or 4.  I want 7 or 8!   Maybe that will do the trick.  Anyway, I'm enjoying my glass of wine tonight that I've been depriving myself of.  I wish you all the best of luck!  Bring on the BFPs!!!    
I'm so sorry : (
I agree w/ you about trying to get as many follies as possible--but my RE wouldn't do it.  They are too afraid of having an octo-mom situation which is stupid b/c I am 40 for heaven's sake.
My therapist, however, found a dr willing to prescribe higher doses of meds--she had 13 follicles at one time--she got pregnant twice doing iui w/ higher doses of meds, no twins or anything.  She was 39 I think the first time and 41 the second...
enjoy your glass of wine : )
Last time I went a little too wild and had like 4 glasses--I don't recommend that, though