b/c for IVF?
We are getting ready for IVF at the end of June... I'm on birth control right now and am not completely sure why?  I was hoping someone could help :o)  I have felt awful since on them!!! I'm taking prenatal on top of b/c and I HATE taking pills!!! Please help! :o)  I think I was too nervous that we are actually finally going thru IVF that I didn't catch why I have to take them... Thx!!!
Hi rxy! God to hear from you! I haven't seen you on here in a while. I just did IVF a couple of months ago, too, and got a BFP! Hopefully it'll do the trick for you too ;-)

The birth control is just to make sure you won't ovulate and to help suppress the ovaries. You'll probably also be on lupron, which will further suppress your ovaries and hormones. Once you're estrogen is low enough, you'll be able to start the stims.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, though. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and will go away soon!

Best of luck, rxy! can't wait to hear how everything goes!

:-)

P.S. Some doctors also use b/c to control when to start the cycle. If so, the time on b/c can vary quite a bit, depending on when they want you to start.
I agree with Heather. Everything the doctor is telling you is for your own good. I went through the IVF cycles and I am now 5 months pregnant with twins (boy and girl). It is well worth it. Keep in touch and God Bless you!
It's to calm your ovaries down and prepares for the doctor to take over your cycle with the medications.  
Thx guys!  I was just curious more than anything :o)  

Heather & April Congrats on your BFP!!! I hope that's me soon!!!

Heather, ya I haven't been on in almost a year!!! Kinda gave up for a while :o)  I'm back at it though and hopefully this is it for us! :o)  I hope I get twins too!!! :o)
Hi guys, since you all were on bc when you were going through the process of IVF, I have a question and was wondering if you could help :o)  I have been spotting the whole time I've been on bc!!! I'm a little worried what that means?!?  I didn't call my Re because I figured it was a sign of bc ( I didn't know the pill had that side effect but other forms of bc do so I just figured the pill would too)  Any help/advice would be apprecaited :o)  Thx!!!