Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
b/c for IVF?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

b/c for IVF?

We are getting ready for IVF at the end of June... I'm on birth control right now and am not completely sure why?  I was hoping someone could help :o)  I have felt awful since on them!!! I'm taking prenatal on top of b/c and I HATE taking pills!!! Please help! :o)  I think I was too nervous that we are actually finally going thru IVF that I didn't catch why I have to take them... Thx!!!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
318181_tn?1336447096
Hi rxy! God to hear from you! I haven't seen you on here in a while. I just did IVF a couple of months ago, too, and got a BFP! Hopefully it'll do the trick for you too ;-)

The birth control is just to make sure you won't ovulate and to help suppress the ovaries. You'll probably also be on lupron, which will further suppress your ovaries and hormones. Once you're estrogen is low enough, you'll be able to start the stims.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, though. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and will go away soon!

Best of luck, rxy! can't wait to hear how everything goes!

:-)

P.S. Some doctors also use b/c to control when to start the cycle. If so, the time on b/c can vary quite a bit, depending on when they want you to start.
Blank
738822_tn?1264912007
I agree with Heather. Everything the doctor is telling you is for your own good. I went through the IVF cycles and I am now 5 months pregnant with twins (boy and girl). It is well worth it. Keep in touch and God Bless you!
Blank
178698_tn?1228777938
It's to calm your ovaries down and prepares for the doctor to take over your cycle with the medications.  
Blank
361454_tn?1312058456
Thx guys!  I was just curious more than anything :o)  

Heather & April Congrats on your BFP!!! I hope that's me soon!!!

Heather, ya I haven't been on in almost a year!!! Kinda gave up for a while :o)  I'm back at it though and hopefully this is it for us! :o)  I hope I get twins too!!! :o)
Blank
361454_tn?1312058456
Hi guys, since you all were on bc when you were going through the process of IVF, I have a question and was wondering if you could help :o)  I have been spotting the whole time I've been on bc!!! I'm a little worried what that means?!?  I didn't call my Re because I figured it was a sign of bc ( I didn't know the pill had that side effect but other forms of bc do so I just figured the pill would too)  Any help/advice would be apprecaited :o)  Thx!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...