Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
bleeding after embryo transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

bleeding after embryo transfer

Hello. I had my embryo transfer 9 days ago and I just started bleeding like I'm having my period. I have 5 day day to go before my blood test and I just feel really sad and worried.
Anyone out had the same experience?
This is my 1st Ivf, but I have 6 AI. I'm 40 years old.
hi, are you on progesterone? I more than spotted when I was on that last time. I am pregnant with twins now. My level was low so they increased my dosgage and everyhting is fine. Have you told your clinic? I hope everything is okay. Will you try again if this time doesn't work? If you have any other IVF questions feel free to ask me. We went through it 5 times. The last two times worked. I have 20 month old twins also. It's a rollercoaster ride for sure! I know what you are going through. The days until the preg test just seem to drag and then when the day is finally here you are nervous and scared to hear the results. Hang in there and know that you have support if you need it.
Your IVF clinic probably has an emergency on-call advice person evenings and weekends, I'd phone them and tell them you are bleeding.  It might be normal or they might also want to change your progesterone levels, as the previous poster said.  In either case, it will make you feel much better if you talk to them! I had bleeding, and my clinic said I should lie down until 24 hours after the bleeding stops, and stay very, very hydrated, drinking up to 2 quarts of (non-caffienated, non-sugary) liquid extra per day. (My sister tells me that drinking lots of water is how they calm down Braxton-Hicks contractions, so that makes sense.)  I did all that and it calmed down.  This is not the time to clean the attic and carry heavy boxes up and down stairs!  Also, they said bleeding early in pregnancy is relatively common with IVF, even more so than for other pregnancies and it's pretty common with them too.  They said if it is the beginning of a m/c, all the going to bed in the world won't make it stop, but if it is just some of the uterine lining pulling away from the uterus (not near the baby), the lying in bed helps the uterus stop contracting (i.e., walking around causes it to contract). They also said that when they put in 2 embryos, the uterus sometimes reacts by expanding pretty fast, which might be why sometimes the lining can't keep up and you get a bleed.  If you are 9 days post transfer, when you are sending hubby to the store for many hydrating drinks for yourself, ask him to also pick up a 2-pak of ept.  You can get results in only about three or four days from now, with this test.  I got mine with ept at only 11 days post transfer, but that was unusually early even by ept's standards.  Good luck!
I had a 5 day embryo transfer on 3/13 and was to have my preg. test on 3/27 Friday...on Tues.  night I spotted...is started crying I was scared..I went to get the cheapest hpt at CVS and took it...I got a BFP......I called the nurse the next day on Wed...she said to come in on Thurs. Morning...I did...and blood test confirmed..hcg was 457!!! that is high from what I have read...that was 14 weeks ago..I can't wait to feel my peanut kick.
I am 15 days past my transfer (2 embryos) and have been using the progesterone suppositories 3x day.  I've had what I guess is the normal clear dripping from those lovely things, but I've also had a bit of cramping and am worried.  Especially worried because yesterday I started to have a discharge that was a bit more yellow and it has dark red/brown tiny specks in it.  Im sooooo worried.  Is this a bad sign...the slight cramping (no more breast tenderness- a lot before) and the discharge with specks in it?  Please help with advice or input.  I go in for my first blood test on Friday.  Thanks in advance.

Sharon
I had a FET on 3/17, they transferred two embryos. This past Tuesday I started to spot. It was a pinkish/brown and then it stopped. I noticed it some yesterday also and today again. This is my second transfer and with the first ET things were much different. I had symptoms almost immediately and this time I have had none.I had no bleeding or cramping the first time and I have this time.  I took a test yesterday which was 8 days post-transfer. Can anyone tell me if this is normal. I have my first blood test tomorrow.
I also have my first blood test tomorrow and had the transfer on 3/17.  This is our 3rd try at IVF.. The other two times I had gotten my period a few days after.  This time it has been diff.  I felt cramps initially but they have stopped.  Today I started to notice some bleeding (and although I am trying to be hopeful) I think I might be gettting my period.  I won't know for sure until tommorrow as well.  Not sure what to think anymore and the more I read the more confused I am.  
I wish you lots of luck and hope it all works out for you.
i totally understand how worrying it is when this happens i am on my first cycle of ivf and had 2 perfect embryos go back in and have had the cramps all the way through but otherwise i have been fine i am also taking the posstry things u insert very lady like NOT  twice day. i noticed i was spotting on the 7th day and ws really uset i broke down my hubby called the hospital and my doctor said spotting is not a good sign but it is not the end of it i just need to rest a few days and monitor it. 2 day is the day after still spotting very very slightly cramps are there. please does anyone have any words of wisdom or simuliar stories
thanks a desperate mum wannabexxx
I would not worry if the spotting is just a little light.  Stay down if you can until 24 hours after the spotting clears entirely.  If this is not possible, still try to stay off your feet as much as you can.  Keep hydrated, too, dehydration can cause uterine contractions.  When is your pregnancy test?
hi thanks for the advice but it became a full on period actually the worse i have had in years but no clots funny enough anyway i called the hospital the doc said it dont look very good still to take my pregnancy test on 28th may i am very disapointed i just brek in to floods of tears but like the doc said u never no i may get a very small slight chance of a surprise and i have a great surportive husband
i will post u on what happens next
luv funkyclaire
im due in 2 days for my blood test but on my 10th day after embryo transfer i started to bleed and getting cramping i have given up hope of being pregnant good luck to you let me know how you went.
dont give up hope it depends on ur bleed is it full bleed or spotting. i a sorry u have lost hope i totally no how it feel i have to take my home pregancy test tomorrow and i no its gonna be negative it was eally hard togo in te pharmisist today and buy the test knowing i am a big fat failer.
chin up girl
xxx
i had my ET 8 days ago and had two good blastocyst embryos transferred. All through i have had sore breast and cramping but this morning to my shock i woke up and I am bleeding. My period is not due until next tuesday and my blood test next monday, could i get such an early period. is this it? is it all over for me
Hi! I am 11 days since I had 2 embies transferred(for the seond time=( ). I have been very very crampy since day 9 and I started spotting (dark brown) yesterday. I am just sure this is my period but I am so hopeful. It is not a lot, just a little when i wipe. i was talking to my doc yester day and she said the progesteron can cause spotting, but i am SOOO crampy!  I took hpt on days 9 and 10 with BFN..didn't test today. beta tomorrow. stay hydrated!!! it is so important.
im at day 9 pt and started spotting its only when i wipe myself was tearful has anyone had a positive after bleeding i hope this isnt the end can anyone help
         thanks nicky
I had my first ET on 20 Nov 09 and blood test due this friday 4 Dec 09. Did HPT on day 8 and got BFN. This afternoon (day 12) I started to have some bleeding and cramping...plus I have been washing myself and seeing crinone residue coming off...yellow/brown speckled creamy stuff...Not sure if it is a sign of period but sure looks like...but sure that they will still want me to do blood test on Friday (day 14)...:(
Hey,
I am experiencing the same thing.  My blood test is tomorrow and I started bleeding this morning.  My clinic said they can't do anything right now.  I still have to wait until tomorrow to find out.  However, I did a home test and it was +.  Now I'm worried that I'm having a m/c...  I've heard that if the bleeding is very light, it could be just from the uterus lining or from the progesterone.  Not good if it's heavy bleeding.  It sounds like yours is not that heavy so keep your chin up and good luck tomorrow!!!
Would you be able to share the results of your blood test?  This is my second cycle.  My first cycle I had 2 embryos transferred on Day 5 (12 retreived, 10 fertilized, 2 transferred, 0 frozen).  I started spotting 10 days after my transfer.  It progressively got worse, and by the time I had my blood test, I was starting my flow.

For the second cycle, I had 2 embryos transferred on Day 3 on 11/25 (7 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 transferred, 0 frozen).  I also started spotting on 12/5, which was 10 days after transfer.  The spotting is very mild, but I'm also experiencing some mild cramping and back pain.  I'm trying not to worry, but can't seem to break from the thought that my blood test may be negative again, due to the spotting.

I would really like to know that the slight spotting this time around is something normal and that there are plenty of pregnant women out there who have had spotting right before their blood test.
I had my transfer on 12/01/09 and have my pregnancy test scheduled for 12/11/09 and today I started bleeding. It is both bright red and brown with clots. Is this normal or has my IVF attempt failed?? Has anyone experienced this and still been pregnant?
This is my first attemt at IVF. I very stupidly had a tubal ligation at the age of 28. Now both my husband and I want a baby sooooo bad. I had my blastocyst transfer on 12/14/09 and was not due to have my bllod test until 12/24/09. 12/20/09 I started spotting and 12/22/09 I got what appears to be a full period. I called to DR's office and was told to go in on that day for lab work and ultrasound. Of course my Dr is on vacation for the holidays and when the ultrasound tech was reading she said it looks like a period to me. Of couse I was hysterical crying and I had to go home and wait for the call. When the nurse called she said that my HCG was 60 and that my progesterone and estrodial levels were low. I needed to go back for more labs on 12/24/09 and ultrasound. I did, however I missed the call from the office. When I called back they were already clsed for the holiday. All that was left on my VM was to come back on Monday the 28th for more lab and ultrasound and to continue my progesterone, she said " i repeat continue the progesterone" I don't know what to think> I'm sooooo scared. I want this so bad. They transfered 2 blastocyst and 2 embryo's. I never had fertility problems in the past. I am going totally crazy> Has anyone else gone through the same thing and gotten positive results? Please cooment
had et on the 30th dec 09, had two good ones put back as im 38 years. was tols after i left clinic to go about my normal activities, but not to do anything strenuos. i have read that your supposed to have bed rest for 2 weeks?
Hi All

Beckboo - how did you get on?

I had a transfer (2 embryos) on the 16th June and still in the 2ww.  This waiting is so hard.  I had sore breasts and cramps before but now that I am on 9 days post transfer all this seems have disappeared.  My HPT is not due until another 5 days.

Did this happen to anyone else?
I had my transfer on 1/28, and today on 12/1 I have started to spot brown when I wipe.  This is my second IVF cycle, but 5th tranfer.  Last time I started my period 4 days before my blood test, and found that I was not pregnant.  What does it mean that I have started on day 4?
i am on the 15day after embryo transfer ,i still have cramping am scared,is it normal,has anyone experience such,
I just went through my FIRST ET on June 21st with 2 embryos put back into me and will be getting tested on June 30th (my birthday). On day 6 i noticed that i had a faint color pink spot when i wiped after urinating. Today is day 7 and noticed it was a light brown spot on my undies. Does anyone know or went through something like this and had a POSITIVE result? PLEASE!!! help:(
hi, i'm on my 1st IVF cycle...had blastocyst transfer 9 days ago, and yesterday and today, have had some light bleeding, brown in colour. Not due to have urine Preg test until day after tomorrow, but already feel totally GUTTED it hasnt worked. Called the clinic, who just saidto wait til the day of the test and take it from there. I'm so tearful and cant stand the thought of waiting 2 more days just to be disappointed. Has this happened to anyone before, and then gone on to positive test? Would much appreciate advice
Thanks,
Kisa xxx
I had my ET on July 27, 2 embryo's were transfered.  My PT is on Thursday August 5.  I called my nurse to see what time I should go in for my PT, and she asked if I had taken a hpt,( she said, if I had and it was positive, then I am more likely to be pregnant)  I had not at this time.  I have now and it was negative.  I am worried now.  I have had cramping and bloating since the transfer, and nothing else.  

I used first response hpt, my friend told me to use clear blue, as she was pregnant with her daughter and first response, gave her a negative result.  Does it make a difference what test you use?
i had FET (natural cycle) 9 days ago (Fri. 17th), 2 embies transfered, morulas though transfered on day 5.(Told that as they were frozen, growth was slightly slower...)
I didnt feel anything until 7th day, some heavy cramping which felt like I am on a period. Today the cramping hasnt stopped and I have started to bleed (Red colour).
I am NOT on any medication as its natural cycle and the bleeding has occured exactly on a day that I was supposed to,IF NOTHING WAS PLACED IN MY WOMB!
My clinic does not open over the weekend so I cant ask any question until Monday morning. I am worried that its over...
Has anyone been in a similar position and got good news in the end? Please advise.
I had my ET on 10/9/10.  If I count ET day as 0 I am on Day 9.  Yesterday.. I had intercourse... (I know).. not suppose to) and had a little blood after I wiped.  (very small).  Today, when I wiped (TMI sorry) I had a couple of brownish red drops on my underwear and a faint faint color once when I wiped.  The past couple of days my stomach has cramped up for like a couple of minutes than subsided. The same thing today on day 9. . On day 7 and day 9, I took a test and got a BFN.

This is my first cycle of IVF.  Instead of waiting the full two weeks the doc said they will draw my blood on day 12 post ET.  I just wanted advice.

I am taking progesterone shots daily and lately they have kinda seaped out, the doc wants to rotate between the leg and lower back.

I have had two grade A embryos transfered and have felt great until last ngiht when I had light brown blood. This morning I have cramps and red blood. My blood test is Tuesday, 10/26. Though I am trying to stay positive I am just so scared. I am 33 and this is my first IVF w/ ICSI attempt.

Any advice?
I had my 2 good frozen embryo transfer on the 22nd, after transfer had light bleeding when I wiped and then it stopped. first coulpe of days my lower back hurt but has stopped. havent had any cramping. Anyone else went through anything like this? Want this more then anything...

Kerry,
I am on day 11 post embryo transfer ICSI and have started bleeding (Red), :( Got bad cramping and feels just like a period. Im gutted! Taking my test on the 1st Nov. Already sure I know its not going to be good. On cyclogest progesterone twice daily. Had brown spotting 3 days ago but that stopped after a day. Anyone else had this happen and still had a good result? This is my first go and admire anyone who can do it more than once. It is so stressful and this wait is just the worst!! More so now that I have started bleeding. Ringing my clinic in the morning but am hoping with everything that it is still going to be ok. Any advice would be really helpful. x
HELP!
I've been reading your posts and nobody seems to have followed up with an answer and I'm really scared.  On my first IVF cycle, had my ET (2 almost blastocysts) 9 days ago.  I had some cramping and really tender breasts.  Today (9 days after transfer) my breasts are fine and I now have pinkish spotting when I wipe.  I'm not due to take my HPT for another 2 days and I now have serious cramping and feel like my period is going to start.  Lots of you had similar symptoms but didn't post back on of you were or weren't pregnant.  Can you help please?
hi to all on 24th oct2010 i had ET they transferd one embryo bak and i the past week ive had sore breast now im ok this morning i woke up to see bleeding i broke down in tears and am very scared my blood test is on monday 8th nov im also taking crinone once daily and its my first ivf with icsi im soo scared .
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd repost to help out others if they are reading the threads.  Well, it's been a hellish ride and I'm not done yet!  9 days after ET I had spotting, this got heavier, but wasn't a full flow.  I was told to increase the cyclogest to twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.  I did my HPT on the designated day and it was a BFN! :( Was sooooo emotional, even had the day off work because I couldn't hack it!  When I rang the clinic to tell them the bad news they suggested that I do another the following day as it re-assures some women.  Well, low and behold there was a tiny faint line, so I was like, is it really there or just there because I'm wanting to see it?  Rang the hospital and they suggested to come in for a blood test as only real way of knowing.  Waiting more!!!  So I did a third test that day and it said positive and went for the blood test after work.. Got a call on the Saturday and they said my levels were 45 which did indicate a pregnancy but was on the low side and the bleeding (was now like first bleeding day of AF) I may be experiencing a MC :(  Again, more stress.  Had to wait until Monday to have a further blood test.  HCG levels came back at 177, so was really positive as you're meant to double every two days, and they said yes, def something going on, but we need another blood test Wednesday to just check.. I was still bleeding and it was coming and going, heavier, then spotting then nothing, so confusing!  Well, bloods came back as 429 and the hospital were/are happy that my pregnancy seems to be developing well and not to worry too much.  If the cramping gets any worse or I have a heavy bleed to come back for more bloods.  (Cramping not too bad, seems to be worse when I start bleeding (red) again).  So here I am, I need to wait until next Wednesday 24/11 to hopefully see that my baby/babies are doing well. I thought the week of hell was bad, but this is far worse!  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  Just have hope and faith.  This was/is my first IVF cycle.  
My breasts were really sore then nothing.  The pain comes and goes now, all I say is BRING ON THE 24TH! :D  Hope it all goes well for you. Kx
I am brand new to this and have never posted on a forum before....However I am really scared! This is my 2nd cycle. I had 2 embryos transferred on day 3 (11/10)...now I am at day 11 post et. I noticed spotting last night and this morning I am having heavy bleeding. I was cramping all night too! I don't think I can go through all this again and just want a miracle! My beta test is Monday 11/22 so I only have a couple days to go....does anything think I still have a chance? I took a hpt this morning and it said -...not a big encouragement.  
Hi, I'm a newbie to all this, here's my personal experience of recent 1st attempt at IVF:-
Age 39 - long protocol
13 eggs collected 22 November 2010
9 fertilized
2 blastocyst transferred 25 November 2010
Following the transfer proceedure I followed all the do's & don'ts by the book;
I am taking 2 x cyclogest pessaries (very charming!) morning & evening & have done so since egg collection day.
27 November (2 days post transfer) - feelings of cramping/period like feelings, these have continued over the past 11 days, every day, and has made me think how I can last out until the blood test, with these strong cramps of AF, and therefore believe this 1st attempt to have failed, right from the early stage following transfer.
I went on to experience Slight swollen bbs 29/30 November, then nothing;
3 December - tingling/twitching and stinging pains,lower abdomen, around the ultra scan area during egg transfer,  only a couple of times, then nothing
4 December - signs of mucus with brown colour, I always have this hours before AF due to start, mild cramping during the evening
5 December - well and truly on knicker-watch!! Still signs of brown/watery substance when visit the toilet (sorry if tmi !!)
There does seem to be a common theme with us girlies going through this and most seem to experience some form of bleed, to varying degrees; however, there is no set pattern as to who goes on to a BFP or BFN - so it once again proves to me that it is just the pure luck of the draw in all this.  I am trying to stay focused and reflect on the positives throughout my treatment, especially as I was told by a Dr that she expected me to produce only 5 eggs, due to low AMH levels and I went on to produce 13, and fertilized 9!
It is Sunday today so I can't phone my clinic, however, I will frst thing Monday morning.  I want to know if it is really necessary for me to go all the way to have a blood test due on 9 December when I feel I know the outcome will be BFN due to the consistency now of the brown bleed, I know in my own mind it has not worked, what's the point of having this bleed , then going 5 days time for blood test, does anyone think they will advise me not to attend for the blood test?
I just can't see the point, I know the outcome!
Thanks for reading!
Elisa
Hi, I am on my first ivf cycle, I got the transfer two days ago, the days are dragging like crazy, but besides that no spotting, but I did read spotting is normal.  But I have cramps that feel like menstral cramps, I called the ivf nurse and she told me that is totally normal.

I am trying to take it easy, but I feel every movement I make may mess things up. This is a very nerve wracking thing to go through.

I wish everyone luck, and am praying for my test to be positive.  

Hi again, so today I have even worse cramps and I am on day 4 after transfer, I am starting to feel less positive.  Ughh, this is the most frustrating thing I have ever been through.  Its something I can not control..  

I have every normal period symptom, like even pms, is this normal?
After "sailing" through the long protocol, and surviving the 2 week wait, I wait no longer, and just as I suspected our first attempt has failed.  
I feel OK today, but yeseterday was the worse as the brown spotting changed to the familiar "flow", and because the lead up to today's blood test I experienced with 4 days of brown spotting gave me the suspiscion that all was not well as it was consistent, so it was no surprise, and my gut feeling was that this first go did not work, I just had a "knowing".
I could not have got through this time without, my husband and my dear closest friends, of whom I told only 3, as I didn't want to have to explain to everyone when the inevitable today happened; my girlie friends have been amazing.
This morning following the blood test, I had what I can only describe as a small sun-dried tomato (TMI) shape dark red, clot/bodily matter on the sanitary towel, and was advised by the fertility nurse that this was just the uterine lining coming away, and not any embryo matter.
I have a post failed-treatment Dr appt. in a few weeks, as advised by the nurse today, they want to see a couple of natural cycles before I commence the second "go", which I feel extremely priviliged to have funded and obviously I hope will have a positive outcome, and maybe the protocol will be adjusted accordingly, depending on any findings from my blood results/reaction to the treatment.
I wish you all luck on your journeys!
i did et one grade one, since i only had 2 good quality ones. This is my first ivf/icsi, my self and DH 33. i started spotting 7th day after et. on 8th day evening it was almost like AF, heavy red bleeding. I was devastated, now i'm trying to be hopeful. My coordinator advised me to do blood test tomorrow. 2 days before scheduled blood test.

I really hope and pray to God, that there will be a miracle. coz i've heard some women being pregnant even after heavy bleed. i know it's a least possibility but i'm hopeful. Please help us God
I am having slight spotting after 4 days of my embryo transfer I am on IVF cycle for my second baby and going to have blood test in other 6 days.All I can advice is you will get GOOD NEWS please dont PANIC.
I had blood spots during my first pregnancy in my 2nd month,cried so much but I did get a healthy baby who is 4 yrs now through IUI.
But Implantation bleeding may or may not be noticeable during the 2WW. This slight bit of spotting can happen when an embryo burrows into the uterine lining, implanting and continuing to grow.

Cramps, uterine discomfort or other lower abdominal sensations can indicate early pregnancy. When an embryo implants, it can cause slight cramping (and spotting, as noted above).

All the best to everyone.
Could someone advise me on this I am new in this website. Today is my day 15 after mt ET and I had my blood test taken on mon,on tue I got my results my hcg was only 5. Today I saw a bit of pinkish blood mixed with something that looked a bit like egg white and I have been having cramps at the same time.
My doc suggested that I should continue with prostegene until next week for my second blood check.

Should I be worried?

Hi I am new to this as have been a bit worried.... This is my first ivf cycle,
I had embryo transfer on 18th Feb(day 3) 1 embryo due to diabetes, can do my HPT on 3rd March, on Sat 26th Feb (day 9) started having cramps and brownish/red spotting that got worse through the day, and eventually small bleed at night. Telephoned on-call consultant and she said this is normal to have some spotting and told me to up my dosage of pessaries to 3 times a day, and isn't necessary a bad sign.

Today (day 11) had clots and a heavy brownish discharge worse than sat, also cramps worse now. This has really dashed my hopes and feel a failure, even did a hpt today and was NEG. spoke to nurse at clinic and she said i need to keep up with pessaries and rest and take it easy, easier said than done though!
still have to do my test in 3 days but have an incline of what result will be, but after reading your posts don't feel alone, please update and say how your journey has turned out as i am praying that this is jus side effects of my body accepting my embryo.

good luck all
Zoe B xx
Are you by any chance going to the LWC as that's exactly the advice they gave me. How did you get on-I hope it all turned out ok for you? I had my I embryo transferred on 28/2 and started spotting the day after with cramps that come and go and seem to be worse in the morning. I called the clinic but they said t could just be IB and not to worry too much, easier said than done. Can anyone respond who has had a similar situation? feeling very confused and alone at the moment.
Hello Ladies!
Great support you offer through this side.I am on 2nd IVF cycle, 9dpt of 5d blastocyst.Today I had brownish/pinkish spotting when I wipe and lower abdominal cramping.Two days ago I had severe cramping on the right side and ended up at the clinic.They gave me two shots of voltaren and was told that is ovarian pain after the hormones.
I was devastated today as I believe AF will come any minute.Anyone experienced the same?I am due for blood test tomorrow and dont know if it's worth doing.
Good luck to all girls expecting blood tests.
hey guys!
on day 8 post transfer started noticing spotting.. and then turned into browish discharge.. which 2 days later turned into heavy red bleeding.. exactly like a period, but with alot of cramping!!
my pregnnacy test was scheduled for tmr, but nurse called me in today for a blood test!!
waiting for her call.. but dont know what to expect.. feels and looks like a period to me!! should i be hopeful?? i dunoooo!
I am 33y old. I had my IVF Transfer with one great quality embryo on Feb 25th. I started bleeding heavily on 5dpt. Doctor said it might be Endometrin suppositories irritating my uterus causing bleeding so early. He started me on progesterone shots instead. But the bleeding continued to 11dpt (today). But it is very light now. Today I went back to the doc and he said my uterus and ovaries seem fine. So he sent my blood for BETA. I will get my results in few hours. I am so nervous. Did anyone have bleeding like this and have a positive result?

It is -ve. :(
I  posted earlier.. explained that I have had bleeding.. like heavy.. and that monday went in for my blood test.. and came out a very low positive!! level 6!! a bit hopefuly now! had another test this morning to see if these numbers have gone up!!!
anybody had this scenerio and gotten pregnant!! keeping fingers crosseddd!! still bleeding lightly!!
please prayyy!
I had my transfer done about three days ago and this morning I went to the restroom and I noticed brown cottage cheese looking discharge when I wiped....does anyone know what this is???
Hi, today is the 10th day after my embryo transfer, and I just started bleeding- it's really red. I have 2 embryos, but the doctor had said that one is more mature than the other. Do you think I lost the other one? I'm supposed to have my ultrasound to see if I'm pregnant on Sunday, I'm so scared that somehting is screwed up, because I  also started having some pain as well on my right side. I've been taking progesterone, but I don't even know if that's really working well.I have long days at work, and although, I wake up about 2 hours earlier before work to put them in, they always seem to slide out during the day. I'm so scared,...It was already a nightmare to go through the IVF, don't know if I can go through it again anytime soon....had so many complications and alot of pain....
Hello.It is a different world altogether.
Worries,appehensions.
what happened to your Beta HCG levels makeawish.
I am day 11 post day3transfer.
All these 10 days i have been having off and on dull cramps.But yesterday day10 I had bleeding more than slight spotting.I was worried and cried thinking it might be periods.I called my docto,she said to shift to IM progesteronr from vaginal tablets.No bleeding today.
Could it be implantation bleeding?Is it ok for this bleeding to be so late.
Still 5 days to go for beta blood test.
I cant do anything else.worried.
Worries,appehensions.
I am day 11 post day3transfer.
Still 5 days to go for beta blood test.
I cant do anything else.worried.
Hello, I'm very new to this.  I had my BT on 4/2 with 2 emb inserted.  Today 4/9 (day 8) I started to see faint blood.  I cried while I walked down the street, while I was sitting at my desk and almost right now as I'm typing this.  I called the on call center and they said it's possible to have bleeding even if your pregnant but there is also a possibility that I'm not pregnant.  I was supposed to go in on Tuesday to take the blood test but she told me to come in on Monday instead.  I'm going to continue to monitor my period because this is how it starts normally so if stops, I will have hope.  I'm a little confused by one of the replys were they said they went in for their blood test and it came back with low results.  What does that mean?  I thought you are either pregnant or your not?  Can anyone explain?  Thanks and good luck to all of you.  Baby dust to all!
Hi.Did you get your beta HCG?
I got it yesterday evening.It is zero.
No hopes.Is it still possible that it might come positive.
Though i did not have any bleeding after minimal one on day 10,which i wished was implantation bleeding.
Today is day 15.
Hi.Did you get your beta HCG?
I got it yesterday evening.It is zero.
Today is day 15.
Hi Girls,
We are all going through so much already and then to have to wait 2 weeks is crazy.  I'm on my 2nd cycle of IVF, my husband and I have been trying for 9 years.  I'm on day 10 post Transfer and am having menstrual type cramps, actually have had them for 3-4 days!  So scared don't go for blood test until Saturday! Good Luck to all of you!  
Zoe
Hi All,
I think we just have to stay positive. There is nothing more pleasant as hanging in there until someday there is a positive result. Someone I know went in for the 10th transfer before she got her baby dust. She did not give up. She hung in there and today she is the best mom in the world. I heard most of the time, reddish blood is not a good sign, even though with my first transfer I had bleeding for three days and echo confirmed I was pregnant. I loose it at 5weeks. When this happened I said to myself there is a reason why it happened. I will cried but I will not be depressed and I went on. Second attempt no luck. Third no luck. Ladies, I want to have positive result some day, so I am not giving up.
Can anyone tell me if this relates to them?

I had a day 3 transfer on 8/2/11 of 2 embryos.  Our pregnancy test on 8/17 which said yes we were pregnant and my HCG level was at 950...  On 8/19, 17 days after transfer I had more blood work done, HCG was now at 1275 and that afternoon I started bleeding as if I had my period (DARK BLOOD RED w/SPOTS).  Doc's worried but couldn’t' do anything until the next day and all they did was draw more blood.  That next day 8/20 my HCG was at 1286 after the bleed, wasn't sure if I lost one, both or had my period... Yes, I did have slight cramping but nothing crazy.   Yesterday 8/29 had my first sono and we found a heartbeat, yolk sac and it was surrounded with a subchorionic hematoma from me bleeding out on 8/19.  I am exactly 4w1d pregnant but I don’t know why my HCG levels are so high.  We only saw 1 sac, is there an answer that I haven't found yet for this?  Is it still possible to have a twin with these levels being so high?  

Thanks,
Jax
Hiya. Today is my 9th day after ET. No spotting, no signs of period yet. Yesterday I couldn't resist it so I did a home (urine) pregnancy test and it was negative. Feeling some cramps and slightly sore breasts. Also I am on progesterone pessaries ( twice a day).....I am supposed to take my home pregnancy test on this comming thursday but I am sooo scared and worried....has anyone experience that? Whay am I suppose to expect 9 days follwowing ET??
Thanks, and good luck to everyone
Axxx
I had a cancelled cycle prior to this IVF cycle. I had 28 for ER, 24 ICSI, 12 fertilized. 3 day transfer 2 8 cell embryos. Today is day 10 post transfer and I have a small amount of brown/clear discharge when I wipe. No blood. I went for my first beta this morning and called the Dr to tell them about the discharge. She said not to worry as brown is the color of brown blood and my beta came back as 30... anything over 6 is considered excellent. The day after tomorrow I have my second beta. Praying for double numbers. Keep your heads up ladies! Anything is possible :)
This is my 5th IVF cycle me and my partner have not been at all lucky since starting this journey, we did get pregnant on our 2nd cycle but only lasted a week sadly.

I am in the dreaded 2 week wait but luckily I only have to wait till Sunday which we are both dreading, but do feel a little hopefully as on this go we managed to get to Blast and had two really good eggs put back.

I have had some abdominal pains and cramping plus some red spotting only a little bit, which made us panic as we thought my pmt was coming.

Has anyone had this and still got pregnant??

Any help or advice would be great
I just went through my 1st IVF cycle. My husband and I have been together for 13 years and havent had a child yet. We've been trying for almost 5 yrs with all kinds of doctors, medicines, etc, you name it. He is age 35 (low count), I am age 34 with no major health problems. I do have a few fibroids and got a polyp removed prior to my IVF treatment but the dr said we shouldn't have any troubles and we're good candidates for IVF. We had 16 eggs harvested, 9 ICSI Fertilized, 2 transfered (grade 4BB and 3AB) on day 5. All went well but on day 6 we were informed that none of our 7 remaining embryos made it for freezing - it broke my heart and made me skeptical about the survival chances of my current two (I guess I didn't know that could happen). However, everything was going well. On day 9, I started estrogen patches (the only thing dif on my routine). A few hours later I began having cramps and I noticed dark thick discharge when I went to the bathroom. I knew spotting and cramping could happen after transfer and was considered normal so I tried not to think too much about it but later on that evening I started bleeding a lot (full blown heavy period with small clots), I had a huge migrain, bad painful cramps and was sweating a lot throughout the night. I freaked out because I just knew that it could not be normal. I tried to call the clinic but it was too late on a Saturday night so I knew that I probably wouldnt be able to talk to anybody until the next morning. Bleeding lasted 3 full days and the doctor order an earlier pregnancy test done on day 13 and another one on day 15. Both were negative - I am so sad, broken, dissapointed. I know there are things that are out of my control but right now I just dont understand what is wrong or why is this happening to us. Eventually I will be ok, I know but will have to dig deep to find the strength to be emotionally able to go through this again. It has been a rough yr for us. I hope there are others out there who have gone through this and have success stories to share to keep us optimistic.
I had my ET 11 days ago, today morning I have started a brown discharge which ended to red blod as period, cramps in my lower abdomen, I will be testing tomorrow, two days prior to my scheduled hcg test, anyway I have lost all the hope that I m pregnant, I just wanted to share my story as well, well I feel sad :(
You know god never puts more on us than we can bare... I just finish doing my IVF transfer 2 days ago and I'm praying for the best... This will be a long two week wait  for my husband and I but through Christ anything is possible.... just have faith
yes that is so true i'm in the same situation!!
Hi everyone. I'm 36 and had my first IVF transfer, 3 embyos, on 12-3-2011. On 12-5 I was in a major car accident. Yesterday I spent all day with what seemed like menstrual cramps. Now I'm 11 days post transfer and started bleeding some bright red, then turning brown when I wipe. I, like most of u broke down crying and called my dr. I'm supposed to do a serum hcg in 3 days but they're moving the date up to tomorrow. I don't want to lose hope but can't help to think the worst. I wish everyone the best and pray my results are positive
Correction to my previous post. I wasn't 11 days post transfer. I was 8 days post transfer. I took an ept today. I got a BFN :-( I never did the blood test the other day. The clinic felt it was too early. Tomorrow is my blood test. I should know my results by Thursday.
Hi,  I am 43 years old and started my first IVF last week.  8 eggs, 2 fertilized, 1 made it to Blastocyst on the 5th day.  So I had one egg implanted on 12/14.  No bleeding at all afterward.  Yesterday 12/19 I had some indication of blood when I wiped (TMI).   rested all day into today.  Still some slight blood,  a little better.  Doctor said it was normal but to get off my feet. I've also been drinking water like a mad man. :)  I'm suppose to have my test on 12/23 in the morning.  I will definently follow up and let everyone know how it went.  It's my first IVF and I'm 43 so we'll see.  I'm anticipating having to go a few rounds (that way I take some unneeded stress off myself).

Also, one of my friends (40) did IUI twice, IVF twice, then IUI twice (in that order).  She got pregnant the last IUI and now has a beautiful baby girl. :) .
Hi, I am 30 yrs. old and just had my first IVF cycle. I had 1 grt quality embryo transferred. On day 8 i started spotting, I am now day 11 and bleeding like a reg. period! I feel terribly discouraged, has anybody had positive results after such an experience?
should I just give up?
Hi I'm 34 and just had my first ivf cycle. I had the transfer done on 12/20 and I am going for my blood test on 12/29. When I woke up this morning I saw a little brownish/pink when I wiped. (TMI). I called my doc office and they said that it is normal. However, I am still really nervous. I have been reading all your stories all morning and it is nice to know I am not alone. Just really scared. My husband and I want a baby in the worst way. I really hope we will get a BFP. I hope all of you post your results. I know I will. Good luck to all of you. Glad to know we aren't alone.
Hey, I'm with you on this. I have my test on Friday and I'm so nervous. I have had every system possible which makes this a crazy process. My stomach feels like it is pulling every time I get up, I'm bloated, tired,  and tender breast.  tonight brown /red when I wipe, which really freaked me out. I'm praying for everyone who is attempting because this is a mental beat down.  
I am 30 yrs. old and just had my first IVF cycle. I had 2 grt quality embryo transferred. On day 8 i started spotting, has anybody had positive results after such an experience?
should I just give up?

Pls help??
Well I went for my blood work on december 29 and it came back positive. My hcg level was 99.5 which is very good and so long as it keeps doubling, everything will be great. However, I am still seeing some pink, very light though. So, when i spoke to my doc about it, he said that it is from the endometrin pills. They irritate the cervix, so that is where the little blood is coming from. So not to worry, it isn't coming from your uterus.  My husband and I are so happy. But like you all we have been on a very long journey and that journey has just begun. So stay calm and good luck. And hopefully you all will be blessed like we are.
Hi,  Just wanted to follow up on my previous post.  I did have some light spotting on day  6.  I did bed rest for a couple  of days.  By day 10 I had full blown bleeding.  Had a test on day 12 BFN.  Trying again in a month.  will let you know how it turns out.
Hi I'm 37 and just had my first ivf cycle after a failed IUI last year. I had the transfer done on 01/23. On 12 days post ET, I did a home test with BFN (oh noooo:(
I also started a very light brown spotting until this morning day 13 post ET (02/06). I dont know what to do but this morning I did a blood test and will have a result within 5 hours.
Will keep you updated about the result today. I wish all the best luck to all of us!

HI I am 42 and this is my first IVF attempt.  I had 22 Eggs collected of which 19 were fertilised.  I have had ICSI with 2 x embreyos implanted and I have 6 left to freeze.

I am now at day 10 of my embreyo transfer with 3 days to go until my blood test.  I woke up today and had a little spotting, then I started to get some cramping and then this afternoon I have been having red blood flow it really feels like my period :(  Still trying to be hopful and will be able to ring my clinic tommorrow to get advice (as today is Sunday).  Am still trying to stay posative and I must say it is really helpful to see there are so many others going through this process with the same hopes/fears and feelings.

Hi, I am 34 and this is our first attempt at ivf, we have been trying for five years to have a baby.

We had 9 eggs collected, 3 eggs fertilised and 2 embryos transferred (a grade one and a grade two) on 2nd February. None frozen.

I had cramping on days two and three and then nothing until day ten when I had a little spotting in the morning and some slight brown discharge, today is day eleven and again I had some spotting and what looked like lining, but only when i wipe myself. I have also had cramping all day and brown discharge.  Generally I feel as though my period is coming.

I have been resting for the past two days, but feel really upset and even thinking about not taking the pregnancy test on wednesday as don't think, I could cope at the moment with a negative result.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing these symptons or had these symptons? Just don't know what to do!
i had my embryo trans on Monday i started bleeding on 7day of my waiting week is that normal?any one experienced this ?
Hi I am a surrogate this is my first time I had a transfer done on march 6 and I had a little cramps but not bad and I had no bleeding is that normal over all I feel great I hope that we are pregnant we did a frozen transfer she only had three left so I said let's just try and hope for the best ...
i am on day 14 of e/t i done my test this morning it was + but 1of the lines was fant i also started to bleed today light red i dont no wat to do i hope and pray to god this is not the end x
Hi Twin mom,
   I just had my 3rd ivf and I started cramping on day 6 and bleeding today (day 8) --both of my last 2 were chemical preg.  how did you make it thru 5 times? anything you did differently for the times that worked? thanks,
hi i just read ur story i just wanted to ask you whether it was heavy bleeding or light bleeding  and how many days it last. and which day after ET it show up.
This is my first IVF cycle, 5 days after embryo transfer i started bleeding which as stopped now day 7. it was heavy like a a normal period??
Clinic has told me to still take my preg test with is a weeks time!!
Is this normal I am so worried that this treatment hasn't worked?
I had 2 ET 14days back. I m taking progesterone 2 ovules vaginal twice a day. I had periods like back pain from day 6 to day 9. then they vanished. I had a pregnancy test on day 12 with pregnancy strip which was negative. Today on 14th day my vaginal dischage turned yellowish and cramps in my left ovary. I also have endometriosis and high fsh level 21.7 and non functional tubes. my blood test is on 30/06/12. I m confused but not hopelss.
ismi
What about ur ivf results? Did u get positive?
Did u get positive results at the end?

I also underwent an embryo transfer 13 days back. Suffered with mild OHSS . Today i got my bleeding. I am scared to death, don't know if i will conceive.
I know it is emotionally draining and hurtful. It feels like other than the beautiful ladies on these blogs NO ONE in your close inner circle understands what you are going through. I went through a depression and have taken a lot of anger out on my husband, Sometimes he does not understand because he is not the one going through all the shots and physical pain. I use to feel less of a woman because I could not get pregnant naturally. I have a son who will be 18, but that was from me being a teenager. My sisters are so fertile and have lots of children not me, my husband does not have any,yet, I am trying to stay positive. I am asking God for a miracle for u and your hubby. In the bible I Samuel 1:9 Hanna was hurting because she could not have a child. She was in so much pain in her heart, just like WE are and she stayed before God and she finally got pregnant with Samuel which means ( A gift from God). Lets stay before God and speak this pregnancy into existence. Gods promises are Yea and Amen. You and your husband go before God together in prayer on your knees because it is a sign of being humble and humility. You are going to be a mother I can feel in the atmosphere. I have never commented on any other posting, but I felt your pain truly in the spirit. May God bless you with 2 bundles of JOY:}  
Hi, Cookie78, could you kindly confirm if you IVF worked and if you had one or twins. The happened to me. 3 embryos transferred, heavy bleeding, negative pregnancy test, but one month after I started having some little bright orange discharge, no period, and read in internet many pregnant women had the same.
Hope all went well with you!
Iam on my first ivf am on day 9 and is bleeding its light but is now very worried this is r only one chance because only had 1 good embro I been told to rest but is really worried that is hasn't work I was spotting blood a couple of days again then it stopped now it started again like a period but not heavy
Hi, im 24 years old and i have my embryo tranfered on the 3/09 and since yesterday which was 10/09 i have som discharge which i belv called spotting and its continouse and is dark brown in color . this is my first IVF cycle .. and i take progesterone 2x a day which 200mg each.. so now i dono if its a good sign or somthing to worry about coz i dont really know normally how much spotting is...and i have my first blood test on friday on the 14th  of this sep..plz help me with this...
Hi!  Just wanted to let all know that when I got pregnant with my twins through FET I had bleeding on day 6 after transfer and everything was good it was just implantation bleeding!  I thought I had started my period also but the bleeding stopped after a day or two.  Stay positive until your blood test!  
hi everyone this is my second try with ivf im on day 9 after transfer i had some spotting on day 7 but they have stopped im still getting period symptoms and im worried im also taking progynova which stops any bleeding from occurring just wondering if anyone had a similar occurance and can give me any advice
Am in my day 12 after th transfer and I started bleeding like menstruation with pains and in 5days time I will be  going for pregnancy test but am so scared of the result . Am new into dis site, pls advice me
Hi ...

I just yesterday I had embryo transferred but after 6 hours I
Start bleeding and it look like my period I'm so worry
That means the IVF is failed or not
I had my 3dETon 31 Aug , then I had cramps and period like pain during the days after the transfer.
had a HPT on day 8 but was negative
had another HPT today, which is  day 10 , but again negative, after that I had some spotting plus period like pain . and I just see this little pinkish bleeding when going to the loo and wiping I dare not go to toilet now I am scared . it's my first IVF , I still have no children, and no frozen embryos were left as they were not good enough qualities to be frozen . I don't know if I still have hope to be pregnant . anyone have any ideas?
God help all of us
had a HPT on day 8 but was negative
God help all of us
Hi, I'm an expatriate living in the Middle East and I've had one failed IUI, 2 failed ICSI, 3 one was a positive but then had an early miscarriage. I recently had my 4th ICSI with my first test being on this Friday, however I had brown spotting yesterday and today slight bleeding (bright red).

I don't know what to make of all this, but I'm feeling very helpless at this moment in time. I don't know whether I should do a HPT or just wait for the test on Friday.

Helpless
I am having a little bleeding today - 8 days post 5dt of one good quality blastocyst. I just did a HPT, even though I know the earliest I could get a reading is 2 days from now. Unsurprisingly, it was negative.
I'm just going to have to wait and see.
I'm sending you baby dust!
Please post again to let us know how you are now. x
Is it heavy, are bleeding or spotting? I bled as well on the 8 day after 5 day embryo transfer. And unfortunately it was a failed ivf.

But they are people who bleed and still get positive result.
Fingers crossed for you. Mine was last month oct. am going for my second ivf. All the best dear.
Hi, thank you for your kind words. I got my BFP yesterday! I've never seen one of those before!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle.
please forgive me for asking, but how did things turn out?
Thank you for posting your story. I agree, a lot of people posting but few follow-ups. Thank you for reflecting and sharing your concerns and experiences.
This is my third fresh ivf cycle. I had no luck with last three. Today I am on day 11. I had two good blastiosyst transfer. But from yesterday I am bleeding like my period. Did a urin test, which came negative. Waiting for the bloodtest on july 8th. I am crying all day cannot think positive. So scared.
Any suggesion?
Hello all,
   This is my second embryo transfer and I am bleeding really heavy. Feeling very discouraged...has this ever happened to anyone?
I am sooo sorry to hear that.  Are you soaking a pad?  I bled for the first 4 months of my pregnancy.  It's wasn't a whole lot of blood but enough to make me cry constantly and for multiple trips to the emergency room.  However, my twin girls came out fine.  What did the doctor say?

I will keep you in my prayers.