bleeding after embryo transfer
Hello. I had my embryo transfer 9 days ago and I just started bleeding like I'm having my period. I have 5 day day to go before my blood test and I just feel really sad and worried.
Anyone out had the same experience?
This is my 1st Ivf, but I have 6 AI. I'm 40 years old.
yes that is so true i'm in the same situation!!
Hi everyone. I'm 36 and had my first IVF transfer, 3 embyos, on 12-3-2011. On 12-5 I was in a major car accident. Yesterday I spent all day with what seemed like menstrual cramps. Now I'm 11 days post transfer and started bleeding some bright red, then turning brown when I wipe. I, like most of u broke down crying and called my dr. I'm supposed to do a serum hcg in 3 days but they're moving the date up to tomorrow. I don't want to lose hope but can't help to think the worst. I wish everyone the best and pray my results are positive
Correction to my previous post. I wasn't 11 days post transfer. I was 8 days post transfer. I took an ept today. I got a BFN :-( I never did the blood test the other day. The clinic felt it was too early. Tomorrow is my blood test. I should know my results by Thursday.
Hi,  I am 43 years old and started my first IVF last week.  8 eggs, 2 fertilized, 1 made it to Blastocyst on the 5th day.  So I had one egg implanted on 12/14.  No bleeding at all afterward.  Yesterday 12/19 I had some indication of blood when I wiped (TMI).   rested all day into today.  Still some slight blood,  a little better.  Doctor said it was normal but to get off my feet. I've also been drinking water like a mad man. :)  I'm suppose to have my test on 12/23 in the morning.  I will definently follow up and let everyone know how it went.  It's my first IVF and I'm 43 so we'll see.  I'm anticipating having to go a few rounds (that way I take some unneeded stress off myself).

Also, one of my friends (40) did IUI twice, IVF twice, then IUI twice (in that order).  She got pregnant the last IUI and now has a beautiful baby girl. :) .
Hi, I am 30 yrs. old and just had my first IVF cycle. I had 1 grt quality embryo transferred. On day 8 i started spotting, I am now day 11 and bleeding like a reg. period! I feel terribly discouraged, has anybody had positive results after such an experience?
should I just give up?
Hi I'm 34 and just had my first ivf cycle. I had the transfer done on 12/20 and I am going for my blood test on 12/29. When I woke up this morning I saw a little brownish/pink when I wiped. (TMI). I called my doc office and they said that it is normal. However, I am still really nervous. I have been reading all your stories all morning and it is nice to know I am not alone. Just really scared. My husband and I want a baby in the worst way. I really hope we will get a BFP. I hope all of you post your results. I know I will. Good luck to all of you. Glad to know we aren't alone.
Hey, I'm with you on this. I have my test on Friday and I'm so nervous. I have had every system possible which makes this a crazy process. My stomach feels like it is pulling every time I get up, I'm bloated, tired,  and tender breast.  tonight brown /red when I wipe, which really freaked me out. I'm praying for everyone who is attempting because this is a mental beat down.  
I am 30 yrs. old and just had my first IVF cycle. I had 2 grt quality embryo transferred. On day 8 i started spotting, has anybody had positive results after such an experience?
should I just give up?

Pls help??
Well I went for my blood work on december 29 and it came back positive. My hcg level was 99.5 which is very good and so long as it keeps doubling, everything will be great. However, I am still seeing some pink, very light though. So, when i spoke to my doc about it, he said that it is from the endometrin pills. They irritate the cervix, so that is where the little blood is coming from. So not to worry, it isn't coming from your uterus.  My husband and I are so happy. But like you all we have been on a very long journey and that journey has just begun. So stay calm and good luck. And hopefully you all will be blessed like we are.
Hi,  Just wanted to follow up on my previous post.  I did have some light spotting on day  6.  I did bed rest for a couple  of days.  By day 10 I had full blown bleeding.  Had a test on day 12 BFN.  Trying again in a month.  will let you know how it turns out.
Hi I'm 37 and just had my first ivf cycle after a failed IUI last year. I had the transfer done on 01/23. On 12 days post ET, I did a home test with BFN (oh noooo:(
I also started a very light brown spotting until this morning day 13 post ET (02/06). I dont know what to do but this morning I did a blood test and will have a result within 5 hours.
Will keep you updated about the result today. I wish all the best luck to all of us!

HI I am 42 and this is my first IVF attempt.  I had 22 Eggs collected of which 19 were fertilised.  I have had ICSI with 2 x embreyos implanted and I have 6 left to freeze.

I am now at day 10 of my embreyo transfer with 3 days to go until my blood test.  I woke up today and had a little spotting, then I started to get some cramping and then this afternoon I have been having red blood flow it really feels like my period :(  Still trying to be hopful and will be able to ring my clinic tommorrow to get advice (as today is Sunday).  Am still trying to stay posative and I must say it is really helpful to see there are so many others going through this process with the same hopes/fears and feelings.

Hi, I am 34 and this is our first attempt at ivf, we have been trying for five years to have a baby.

We had 9 eggs collected, 3 eggs fertilised and 2 embryos transferred (a grade one and a grade two) on 2nd February. None frozen.

I had cramping on days two and three and then nothing until day ten when I had a little spotting in the morning and some slight brown discharge, today is day eleven and again I had some spotting and what looked like lining, but only when i wipe myself. I have also had cramping all day and brown discharge.  Generally I feel as though my period is coming.

I have been resting for the past two days, but feel really upset and even thinking about not taking the pregnancy test on wednesday as don't think, I could cope at the moment with a negative result.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing these symptons or had these symptons? Just don't know what to do!
i had my embryo trans on Monday i started bleeding on 7day of my waiting week is that normal?any one experienced this ?
Hi I am a surrogate this is my first time I had a transfer done on march 6 and I had a little cramps but not bad and I had no bleeding is that normal over all I feel great I hope that we are pregnant we did a frozen transfer she only had three left so I said let's just try and hope for the best ...
i am on day 14 of e/t i done my test this morning it was + but 1of the lines was fant i also started to bleed today light red i dont no wat to do i hope and pray to god this is not the end x
Hi Twin mom,
   I just had my 3rd ivf and I started cramping on day 6 and bleeding today (day 8) --both of my last 2 were chemical preg.  how did you make it thru 5 times? anything you did differently for the times that worked? thanks,
hi i just read ur story i just wanted to ask you whether it was heavy bleeding or light bleeding  and how many days it last. and which day after ET it show up.
This is my first IVF cycle, 5 days after embryo transfer i started bleeding which as stopped now day 7. it was heavy like a a normal period??
Clinic has told me to still take my preg test with is a weeks time!!
Is this normal I am so worried that this treatment hasn't worked?
I had 2 ET 14days back. I m taking progesterone 2 ovules vaginal twice a day. I had periods like back pain from day 6 to day 9. then they vanished. I had a pregnancy test on day 12 with pregnancy strip which was negative. Today on 14th day my vaginal dischage turned yellowish and cramps in my left ovary. I also have endometriosis and high fsh level 21.7 and non functional tubes. my blood test is on 30/06/12. I m confused but not hopelss.
ismi
What about ur ivf results? Did u get positive?
Did u get positive results at the end?

I also underwent an embryo transfer 13 days back. Suffered with mild OHSS . Today i got my bleeding. I am scared to death, don't know if i will conceive.
I know it is emotionally draining and hurtful. It feels like other than the beautiful ladies on these blogs NO ONE in your close inner circle understands what you are going through. I went through a depression and have taken a lot of anger out on my husband, Sometimes he does not understand because he is not the one going through all the shots and physical pain. I use to feel less of a woman because I could not get pregnant naturally. I have a son who will be 18, but that was from me being a teenager. My sisters are so fertile and have lots of children not me, my husband does not have any,yet, I am trying to stay positive. I am asking God for a miracle for u and your hubby. In the bible I Samuel 1:9 Hanna was hurting because she could not have a child. She was in so much pain in her heart, just like WE are and she stayed before God and she finally got pregnant with Samuel which means ( A gift from God). Lets stay before God and speak this pregnancy into existence. Gods promises are Yea and Amen. You and your husband go before God together in prayer on your knees because it is a sign of being humble and humility. You are going to be a mother I can feel in the atmosphere. I have never commented on any other posting, but I felt your pain truly in the spirit. May God bless you with 2 bundles of JOY:}  
Hi, Cookie78, could you kindly confirm if you IVF worked and if you had one or twins. The happened to me. 3 embryos transferred, heavy bleeding, negative pregnancy test, but one month after I started having some little bright orange discharge, no period, and read in internet many pregnant women had the same.
Hope all went well with you!
Iam on my first ivf am on day 9 and is bleeding its light but is now very worried this is r only one chance because only had 1 good embro I been told to rest but is really worried that is hasn't work I was spotting blood a couple of days again then it stopped now it started again like a period but not heavy
Hi, im 24 years old and i have my embryo tranfered on the 3/09 and since yesterday which was 10/09 i have som discharge which i belv called spotting and its continouse and is dark brown in color . this is my first IVF cycle .. and i take progesterone 2x a day which 200mg each.. so now i dono if its a good sign or somthing to worry about coz i dont really know normally how much spotting is...and i have my first blood test on friday on the 14th  of this sep..plz help me with this...
Hi!  Just wanted to let all know that when I got pregnant with my twins through FET I had bleeding on day 6 after transfer and everything was good it was just implantation bleeding!  I thought I had started my period also but the bleeding stopped after a day or two.  Stay positive until your blood test!  
hi everyone this is my second try with ivf im on day 9 after transfer i had some spotting on day 7 but they have stopped im still getting period symptoms and im worried im also taking progynova which stops any bleeding from occurring just wondering if anyone had a similar occurance and can give me any advice
Am in my day 12 after th transfer and I started bleeding like menstruation with pains and in 5days time I will be  going for pregnancy test but am so scared of the result . Am new into dis site, pls advice me
Hi ...

I just yesterday I had embryo transferred but after 6 hours I
Start bleeding and it look like my period I'm so worry
That means the IVF is failed or not
I had my 3dETon 31 Aug , then I had cramps and period like pain during the days after the transfer.
had a HPT on day 8 but was negative
had another HPT today, which is  day 10 , but again negative, after that I had some spotting plus period like pain . and I just see this little pinkish bleeding when going to the loo and wiping I dare not go to toilet now I am scared . it's my first IVF , I still have no children, and no frozen embryos were left as they were not good enough qualities to be frozen . I don't know if I still have hope to be pregnant . anyone have any ideas?
God help all of us
had a HPT on day 8 but was negative
God help all of us
Hi, I'm an expatriate living in the Middle East and I've had one failed IUI, 2 failed ICSI, 3 one was a positive but then had an early miscarriage. I recently had my 4th ICSI with my first test being on this Friday, however I had brown spotting yesterday and today slight bleeding (bright red).

I don't know what to make of all this, but I'm feeling very helpless at this moment in time. I don't know whether I should do a HPT or just wait for the test on Friday.

Helpless
I am having a little bleeding today - 8 days post 5dt of one good quality blastocyst. I just did a HPT, even though I know the earliest I could get a reading is 2 days from now. Unsurprisingly, it was negative.
I'm just going to have to wait and see.
I'm sending you baby dust!
Please post again to let us know how you are now. x
Is it heavy, are bleeding or spotting? I bled as well on the 8 day after 5 day embryo transfer. And unfortunately it was a failed ivf.

But they are people who bleed and still get positive result.
Fingers crossed for you. Mine was last month oct. am going for my second ivf. All the best dear.
Hi, thank you for your kind words. I got my BFP yesterday! I've never seen one of those before!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle.
please forgive me for asking, but how did things turn out?
Thank you for posting your story. I agree, a lot of people posting but few follow-ups. Thank you for reflecting and sharing your concerns and experiences.
This is my third fresh ivf cycle. I had no luck with last three. Today I am on day 11. I had two good blastiosyst transfer. But from yesterday I am bleeding like my period. Did a urin test, which came negative. Waiting for the bloodtest on july 8th. I am crying all day cannot think positive. So scared.
Any suggesion?
Hello all,
   This is my second embryo transfer and I am bleeding really heavy. Feeling very discouraged...has this ever happened to anyone?
I am sooo sorry to hear that.  Are you soaking a pad?  I bled for the first 4 months of my pregnancy.  It's wasn't a whole lot of blood but enough to make me cry constantly and for multiple trips to the emergency room.  However, my twin girls came out fine.  What did the doctor say?

I will keep you in my prayers.
Bless for me.
My first ET, day 12 spotting with brownish, today is day 13 found red color and the flow is more then yesterday.

Called ivf center, pull in my BT from this Friday to this Wednesday.
Do pregnancy test at hm is negative. Finger cross for me.
I had my first IVF ET 12 sep 15, after 12 days I had bleeding, if was not as much as in normal cycle, But I can consider in bleeding, today I gave sample for HCG beta test, I am too nervous. we are trying for a baby from 4 years, and we need that at any cost. I am too worried.. I can not tolerate a negative result. No pregnancy symptoms I noticed only the sharp pains which I am having after 03-04 days of ET. what does that mean. Please help me.
Hi I have the same case periods like bleeding 10 days after ET it started as spotting but became more like I have in periods dark brown and I'm due to test on Monday really crying and worried because the pain in lower abdomen same as I have in periods really have high hopes .,can I have suggestions ..really worried
Hi, am so sorry too here that, am experience the same..!! Am 10 days past embryo transfer hand 1 transfer back at blastcyst it was going so well had till Saturday too check if am pregnant but feel so stress and kept help thinking it's been unsuccessful. My first IVF cycle am only 25 :( and a private patient was my only hope.. please pray for me