Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
bleeding after hpt and blood test positive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

please any one help, i am in a state.had blood test done 12dpt positive, did test today hpt positive but have started bleeding, no cramps but bleeding, am i having a mc, got clinic app tom, so worried and frightened i'm losing embie, has anyone else had this? please help  
US meaning ultrasound. I did have pain with my mc and there were some clots. It was confusing becauase the first day was just a little blood but it was red and that scared me so I stayed in bed. I was convinced I was still preg though at that point. Then that night it got worse and I bled a lot the next morning and looked like there were some small clots. I then went to the ER and the pain got bad and they did blood work and US and found the baby was gone.
Like I said, I bled with my son a little though too but with the mc it was much more and yes painful.
Hi Mel, well I personally have never had this issue but I can tell you my sister bled for the first 3 months of her pregnancy, my neice is now 3.  Try not to stress too much until you know what is going on!! You may want to make a trip to the ER if you are too worried.  Maybe to set your mind at ease the not knowing is the worst.  I will keep you in my prayers, keep us posted and good luck!
thank you , i have heard it may be implantation bleeding or hormonal as it would be when i'd be getting my normal period. will do the clinic hpt tomorrow and hopefully will still be positive, go from there, heres really, really prayingxx
been to clinic, test still positive, told to keep eye on bleeing, they sed lots women bleed early pregnancy also could be (as i'm due for period) a sort of period as hormones might not be ahead of the hcg ? also could be breakthrough bleeding, it ould ofcourse be early miscarriage so told to do another test at weekend, i pray things will be okxx
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.  Did they do a urine test or a blood test?  It might be helpful to know what your numbers are if they do a blood test.  Just try to relax, get rest when you can.  Good Luck sticky thoughts and baby dust

Tracy
Best of luck and lots of baby dust! I bled early in my pregnancy with my son, off and on the first 3 months. It can be very scarey but I didn't bleed much. I had a MC after him and bled a LOT and had bad cramping at only 6 wks so maybe that will help a little. Just relax and don't do anything stressful!!! I hope it all works out well for you
thank you for that, bleeding much lighter today(day2) no clots and def have had no cramps or back pain. will wait till end week and do a digital test, it will tell me if i'm further on than 1-2 weeks preg(means 3-4 wks as you go by the first day of your last proper period) if it says 2-3 weeks preg the hcg is obviously rising, heres really hopingxxxx
Digital tests work great. I took 5 regular tests and got faint positives, everyone told me that meant positive and I didn't believe them. I then sent my husband to the store to get a digital and I took it and it was a BFP! I was so excited and I was only about 4 wks so they do pick them up early. When you MC you get a negative within a few days once the levels go back down.
How long have you been bleeding and is ir bright red? That seems to be a key also. I had an US done many times with my son when I was bleeding and all were ok. With the MC they did the US and then blood work and my levels were low and baby was gone.
it is red, just like a period but it would be if its what they call a "hormonal bleed" the bleed when your hormones arent strong enough to fully stop your period after falling pregnant.i bled on and off yesterday, not heavy only used 2 pads all day. today much lighter, used 1 pad all day, just changed for the night.i'm trying to be optimistic and hope things will be ok. whats a us? did you have pain with your mc?x
I am sending lots of sticky baby dust your way. I bled for a few days with my dd and know of many others who bled and had a nice healthy baby. Hugs!
thank u for that, its nice to hear some positive posts that make me feel more up. xx