Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
blockage tubes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

blockage tubes

i hv done HSG and doctor said both my fallopian tubes were blockage..related to this problem,can i be conceive?what are the best treatment or any suggestion tyo be conceive?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I can explain you more accurately after knowing your complete medical history and clinically examining you. In   hydrosalpinx the blockage causes the tube to dilate and fill with fluid. The major cause for distal tubal occlusion is PID, due to an ascending infection by Chlamydia or gonorrhea. Laparoscopic surgery is performed to remove scar tissue but the success of the surgery depends on many factors like the patients age, the area of blockage and cause of blockage. In case of thick, multiple adhesions and scaring IVF treatment is the best option. Do clarify your doubts with your doctor. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!