can an ovarian cyst cause a false positive hpt?
I don't know I'm just trying to think of some explanations.
I remeber you saying something about taking Clomid that you had that your doc. didn't know about...(would he not prescribe more or... if you don't mind my asking)? When was you last ultrasound - for any reason?
Corpus luteum cyst can cause a false positive.  It happened to me but it was a very-very faint positive.  When I re-tested I got BFN.
I hope your blood test will show a high positive tomorrow!!!
My last ultrasound was about six weeks ago, mid cycle during my last cycle and everything was fine then, I had two follies, but didn't get pg.  I did have some leftover Clomid and took it this cycle, only 25 mg. though.  He wanted to change the protocol and I had another appt. set for 5-6 (still have that)to discuss it, but I didn't want to waste the cycle so I went ahead with the Clomid.  
If I read correctly, your next blood test is tomorrow?  Good luck & I hope it's positive & puts your worries to rest.  I'm sure it was a looong weekend for you !  :(  Take care !
I had my second blood test on Friday and hopefully results will be tomorrow.  But today's hpt is definitely still positive, so I hope that this is not bad news.
The only info I can find on cysts giving false positives is on cysts that actually produce Hcg. If that were the case, your beta would register false pos as well. It is not your common cysts that produce Hcg. From what I am reading, they are quite rare.

It is driving me crazy trying to figure out what else could cause it. I can't come up with anything. I've looked for several hrs over the weekend. The waiting is driving me nuts, I cannot begin to imagine what it is doing to you. I hope the drs calls soon!  I'm still thinking the lab messed up. I'm praying anyway!
Yes, an ovarian cyst can cause a false positive. It says so on the pregnancy test instructions. I just went and bought one because af was due today, and is not here yet. Do you have an ovarian cyst? It says that is a rare condition though. Good luck sweetie. Did the nurse call you back yet?