Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
can you get a positive lh surge during pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

okay well i got a positive on my ovulation test on the 17th of april. i had sex the day after and thats it. now its  the 29th and i got a positive again. i was feeling a lil pregnant but now that, that happened i dont know. whats going on?

can i get a positive on an ovulation test while pregnant?
can i get to positives in one month?

ahhhh
YES! LH and HCG are structurally very similar, so an OPK can turn positive when exposed to HCG! God luck!!!
really? hmmm I better check when I go home.  But it has to be a postive result huh? like definitely darker
tea_berries: I've heard of women actually using OPKs as pregnancy tests, but I've also heard that a HPT will be much more accurate. So, even though OPKs can turn positive when pregnant, it is recommended to take a HPT to confirm. Hope that makes sense :-)
yup but I will try anyway just to see. 'Coz I have them at home and well much cheaper than the HPT's but I will check again on thursdays with a FRER to make sure
I did the Opk as an Hpt when I got my last bfp. It took about 4 days after the bfp to get a pos on my opk. It does work, it just takes longer. It does have to be as dark as the control to be a pos.  Also, not to dampen any hopes by any means, we do get random surges, too. I tested the theory and opkd every day of my cycle. There were 4 pos opks at very different times. Only one was in the "fertile window" and temps confirmed it. But, yes Hcg and Lh are almost identical in chemical makeup. I hope it's a bfp. Get an frer, it will tell you for sure :)
i dont get it. im so confused. ugh. okay well i was getting sooooooo frusteratd cause i felt a lil pregnant but i knew it was to early. i took the rest of my ovulation test and there was like 13 of them and they were all positive. does it mean im pregnant or im ovulating? ugh.
If I were you, I would just go and get a pregnancy test. If it's positive, you're pregnant :-) If it's negative, you're probably ovulating. Best of luck!
i took one the 25th at night and the 26th in the morning they were both negative. im sooooo sad. ugh.
I haven't had a period for 3 weeks but yet I keep getting a negative on my ovulation tests does that mean I've stopped ovulating or am I pregnant?