can you get pregnant after getting your tubes tied and burned ?
I had my tubes tied and burned almost 3 years ago. Now I have missed almost two periods. I have the cramping, lower back aches, hot and cold spells, mood swings. Everything for a period but nothing is happening. Can I be pregnant ? Or do you have a idea on what is going on ? I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. But I can't wait. i am going nuts waitting. Can you help me out on some answers ?
A pregnancy test will tell you if you're pregnant. Have you done one?
Not from personal experience, but not one, but TWO of my employees have gotten pregnant after having their tubes tied.  Weird statistics....
Actually the statistics are closer to 1/150 people get pregnant after tubal ligations.  Extremely high failure rate.  Most end up as ectopic pregnancies.
I toke 2 pregnancy tests and they both came back neg.
Sorry it's 1/350
well, my aunt mary jo was one of those 350!
how old are you could it be menopause sounds like those symptoms hot and cold flushes ect.goodluck
I know someone who had her 3rd baby after having her tubes tied and burned. Never even knew she was pregnant til 4 months along! :)
i myself have had my tubes tied/burned now for 6 yrs almost seven and i am now a week late. some cramps, light bleeding only when wiping. am i just having a weird period or could i be pregnant?
The U.S. Collaborative Review of Sterilization (CREST) found the failure rate for tubal ligation (all occlusion methods) to be 1.85% after 10 years.

for some reason, they say that if you get your tubes tied during a C-section they tend to fail at a slightly higher rate.

since you only had your tubes tied less than 3 years ago, Id say chances of pregnancy are lower.  The longer its been, the better chance they come undone.  That said, I have a friend who had her tubes tied and got pregnant twice afterwards, however, they were "tubal" pregnancies... it all depends on the method and the expertise of the doctor doing the tubal.  

Again, Id say the chances are slim, but it's good you have a dr. appt tomorrow.  Here's a pretty informative "article" on tubals:

http://health.ivillage.com/gyno/gynoreprohealth/0,,5l9d,00.html
I am just about to have my 2nd child and I am also having my tubes tied afterwards...what I was todl by several doc.( I wanted to talk to more then 1) was that nothing is 100% but it is 99.9% effective...1 in 400 women become prego after having this done.
Most of the time if you do end up getting prego it is a ectopic one and you have to have it ended :( For your safety.
A prego test should help you to find out what is going on. They told me if I ever though I was prego to get a test and call my doc. to double check.
Hope that helps some.
A women that I work with had her tubes tied clip and burned she only have 4 boys and to her miracuosly miracle she had a pin hole in her tubes and now has a little girl with her husband so it can happen. Also my aunt works at the hospital and been there for over 20 years she works in the baby ward so you know she has seen some things. My aunt said that they are delivering babies from women who had their tubes tied clip and burned. God works in mysterious ways uhh!
i believe i ahd mine clipped & burned  this was 9 yrs ago & now i feel deeply that i could b pregnant i had intercorse the 1-17-08 and just almost 2 weeks i have started to feel nausea ,tender breast, & i am cureently bleeding what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!
after i had my son i got my tubes tied i feel bad about doing it though cause i wanted another one but it's to late
Well ladies i have had my tubes tied for 7 years and i missed my period in February and i feel flutters in my stomach, but i had a period in January could i be pregnant
I had my tubes clipped March 2007, I am now 6 or 7 weeks pregnant, I wish they had at least a one year warranty on this. I'm 37 and already have 3 kids, the baby is starting school this year... My hubby is the one "glowing" right now, he is very happy, wish I could say the same for myself... but life has it's way of surprising us sometimes, I just wish it would of been with a winning lottery ticket....
I had mine cut ties and burnt 6 yrs ago And i feel as if I am preg nauseated stomaches is getting bigger and breast gettinf larger I have wanted to get preg almost since I had my son could this just wishful thinking on my part i had per. last month and something was weird about it I only went for 3 days when usually it is a week and a half and then 2 days later this slimy stuff was ther it was a little dark weird huh took preg test but was neg maybe to soon to tell could you please what it was like
i had my tubes tied back in august 2007 and i just skipped my second period could i be pregnant?? i don't feel nauseated or anything just cramping a little.
sorry to hear of your surprise hun.i myself must buy a pregnancy test.i have 4 children,12,7 and twins of 3 but am 2 weeks late which is not like me.i had my tubes tied when had c section with twins as did not want anymore at the time but the longer i go without having a period a small part of me wants to be pregnant again x
Well mistybolen, it's just like any of my other pregnancies. Stomach getting bigger, my breast are sensitive (I can't even look at them and they hurt), getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, not hungry, TIRED, I'm all for an afternoon nap on the weekend, emotional...I thought I was beginning pre-menopause!

Oh and the home pregnancy test showed positive before the indicator started showing... I'm going for an ultra sound on Wednesday March 12...
I'm 44 not hungry breast tenderness backache face is breaking out really emotional but had my tubes cut and burned could it be that I'm pregnant
Hi I'm 26 years old. I had my tubes clipped in 2003.  I'm almost 2 months late. I have no insurance or I would have laready seen the doctor. I'm freaking out. I have taken 4 tests they keep saying negative. I have to pee more frequntley. I'm always tired. I'm freaking out. What are the odds that i'm pregnat. They clipped each tube in 2 places with gold clips. Anyone please. My husband is laid off I'm the only one working. Please any advice I would appreciate.
Show what happend at the ultrasound.I had my tubes tied 12 years ago. And now I'm late and my hair and nails are growing(they never grow). I am really worried that I might be pregnant. My baby is 12 and I will be 39 on March 14. I love kids but I am ready for mine to move out(I have 6 kids in all 4 are mine and 2 stepkids).4 of the 6 are teenagers
I had my ultrasound today... the baby is the size of a peanut and it's in the uterus where it's suppose to be. Due date November 3rd. So here I go again...
ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET PREGNANT WITHOUT TUBAL REVERSAL??? I HEARD TO TAKE FOLIC ACID AND GERITOL EVERYDAY, BUT DOES THAT REALLY WORKS?? I HAD MY TUBES TIRED IN 2000, ME AND MY HUSBAND WANTS ANOTHER ONE??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME??????
***@****
HELLO SO HAVE YOU FOUND OUT IF YOU CAN GET PREGNANT  WITH OUT TUBAL REVERSAL  I AM WOUNDER THE SAME THING CAUSE I  REALLY WANT A BABY TO PLZZZZ  EMAIL ME..  ***@****     THANKS
I to had my tubes tied in 2005, after a c-section delivery and would love nothing more than to get prego again I knew I had made the wrong choice before I left the hospital! It seems the ones who regret it are the ones who will never have that oops and become preg. and the ones who do not want another child are the ones who get the oops. Who knows what my future brings but does anyone have a recomendation on a Doctor who performs TR? I live in Tn but am willing to travel a little.
i just have surgery on feb.20th to see how my tubes were tight to get  my tubes untight, i found out there one tubes tighted , i want to get pregnant, but how can i get pegnant with the chance of have a ectopic pregnancy, please tell me what i can do to get pregnant soon?
I have had my tubes cut tied burned all the good stuff... I tottaly regret it. BUt my period has been weird the last 2 months1 I started late last month and only had it for 3 days... Now I am late again... I have the same white discharg...... took a test alast month and It was neg... I just feel like I might be... I though I ws done but knowing that I cant have any makes me want one even more... It sucks seeing prgo women...  well sorry for all of you who seem to be in a jam.... I hope that things turn out for all of you.
Hello please help i want a baby reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad and i have my tubes tied but i heard that you can take GERITOL to help you get pregnant does anyone know about that please help me if you know anything thank you ... baby bust to all and   .                                                                .HAPPY EASTER
have you thought about having your tubes untied
Im 44 had my tubes tied in 1997after my fifth child many gaps between them , eldest daughter just turned 27 youngest my baby a son just turned 11, starting to think omg Im preg I have all the symtoms, my second eldest daughter thinks its great cos she is due to have her babe in july, Im about 3 weeks late with period NEVER been late ever before unless preg. so well who knows I will keep it in gods hands, and maybe a little help from my , Mum,Dad, and 2 brothers who are all passed away.
yes i have but dont have the money to do it yes i made a big mistake doing it but there is a lot of people getting preg now and just wanted to know what they are doing and how its happing ..thank you..
Well...I'm 7 weeks 4 days pregnant and I started going threw miscarriage yesterday. The baby was find last week...had a heartbeat and all, but it stopped growing and no more heartbeat, started bleeding a little and cramping. Doc said it should all come out in the next couple of days, if not, will need to get it removed...nice emotional roller coaster ride.

I'm so tired now...
I had my tubes seared 5 months ago when I gave birth to my son via c-sec. My periods have been fine and regular till this month... I had cramping without period and now I'm having constant nausia and sensitivity to smells!? Is it possible to get prego this soon after getting my tubes seared???
Well Jennymum, I think at this point everything is possible. I've been reading and reading about getting pregnant after a tubal legation for weeks now, and reading testaments  of so many women, and basically don't take the word of a Doctor or surgeon for granted. They might have the big diploma in their pockets but it seems that the body has a mind of his own. Our instinct of survival and the women reproduction system is stronger then any technology existing at this point.

BTW: From what I gathered, the chances of getting pregnant are greater if you had a legation done via a c-section...

Get a home pregnancy test done and good luck to you!
I AS WELL WANT ANOTHER BABY REALLY BAD THROUGH TUBLIGATION DONE IN SEP. O4. BUT I THINK THE BEST METHOD IS TO JUST PRAY ABOUT AND I KNOW ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST! SO NOW I'M JUST WAITING ON IT TO HAPPENED.
Does anyone know about GERITOL please let me know suppose it helps you get preg...
hey sorry to hear about the baby,god has his reasons for everything hopefully you will be ok, it has to be a terrible thing to find out ur expecting then to lose it. i had my tubes burned in 01, ive wanted another baby girl for awhile and its so depressing when friends have one and i dont, but hey im 1 week late maybe it will be good news. when you started to gain weight anyone whos become preg  did the poundes go up or did ur pants just get tighter thanks
Thanks flowers78,

I'm just waiting on what mother nature has in store for me at this point. Will see.

I've never gained weight when I was pregnant, no kidding. My pants got tighter (and are) at the waist, but that's it. I always weighed less after giving birth then when I actually got pregnant... BUT I would gain 50 lbs after the delivery just eating the stress out!

Hello sorry about the lose. i was wondering if you heard about geritol and ferilaid if you have please let me know i have had my tubes tied for 7 years and want a baby really bad last month i only had my period for two days so maybe its time and the baby is comming please prey for me thanks...
FYI on the Geritol:

Will the use of Geritol® increase my sex drive or fertility?
There's no evidence that Geritol® can increase fertility and we don't make that claim. We're not sure how the rumor got started, but there's no truth to it.
hi my name is jenn i got a c-section at 22 and only on tube was tied because for some reason the doctors couldnt find the other tube i want to have another baby can anyone help me?
I have 3 boys - I'm 24 years old and just had my tubes tied feb.20, 2007 via c section - and now fill sick to my stomach , always tired , never hungry just like with my 3 boys - i am now 6 days late-------
No one ever told me that i could get prego after getting my tubes tied - I was born with double cervix, uterus, and vagina on the inside but only one set of tubes and ovaries - but hell - after reading this stuff beginning to think maybe I am prego - anyone know how long i should wait before getting a prego test ???????    Concerned about having another kid , but  glad that it could be the little gurl I always wanted- but my gosh my hands are full with 3 boys ! Dono what to do!!!!!!!
Please someone give me some advice--PLEASE!!!!!!
I forgot to add before that I was told in the begining I could never get pregnant- when I was 14 going for my first pap smear - then had a baby at 16 - I now get tired of being different Doctors Expieriment- I'm a person not a test object !!!
I had my tubes tied 6-16-08 and wish I did not do it. I would love to have a baby. but don't know if I can. Help.
I am sorry done on 6-16-06 2 years ago.
hello all we have to do is pray some day are dream will come true that is what i am doing and hopefully god will bless me with a baby .. baby dust to you,,,
I had my tubes tied in August of 2006. I havent had my period yet this month. I have been nausous, peeing alot! eating everything, boobs are tender! The whole nine yards... I wish I never did the TL. I want another child. I did find out that the procedure they did can be reversed... they were only clamped.
i'm about to get married to a wonderful man, i had my tubes tied in 1998 and wish no pray i could have another child for him.. praying does wonders... i've been praying for a miracle. hopefully it happen soon
I dont know I am in the same boat a little, I had my tubes tied I thought in 2001 { just found out that they where cut,tied and burnt} a year ago in Feb my period stopped for 9 months for no reason, went to the doctor she said I was fine and she gave me pills to bring it on which in 30 days it came back. My period was normal again, maybe not as heavy, it was coming like clock work again. I could tell you the day it was coming and it would. I was to get my period on Feb 28th and it never came and still hasnt. I took 2 pregnancy test praying for postive but after 5 days late negative after 9 days late still negative. Havent tested anymore but have signs that I could be pregnant. Just to stressed out to test again its driving me crazy, in case you ask I am only 41 years old dont think its change of life.
I had my tubes tied, burnt, etc in 1997 after a c-section with my youngest son.  Since then and before then I had never missed a period, always regular and on time.  BUT, I had a period in February, missed in March and haven't had one so far this month either.  I am now 3 going on 4 weeks late.  I have taken a home pregnancy test and it came back negative.  Now, I'm going to the doctor.  What's the odds of being pregnant after so long?  In the back of my mind I'm hoping I am, but I know in my heart there's no way.  I am going to the bathroom more often, eating a little more than usual and getting a sick feeling from time to time.  But I also know that these symptoms can come along with wishful thinking.  Any info would be great!
Hi i am 33 years old had my tubes tied and burnt 7 years ago. And the past 5 days i have been spotting and cramping, But took a test yesterday and it was negative i have been feeling very tired. Can someone help me with this? I do want another baby but didn't think that the chances of that were high enough. I had my period like a week and a half ago and now 2 days after i am spotting.
I have been reading all of your letters and am shocked at how many of you have been going through the same things as I am. I had my 4th baby in 2005 he is what we call our "bonus" baby. I had my tubes cut and burned during a c-section. I just had my period on 4-1-08 it normaly last for 7 days but only lasted for 4 and yesterday I started having a dark brown discharge with soe clotting. Don't really think I am pregs but after hearing all of you am begining to wonder.
I have been reading all of your letters and am shocked by all that I am reading. I had my tubes cut and burned during a c-section in 2005. He is our 4th baby, we call him the bonus. I had my period on 4-1-08 and it only lasted 4 days the norm for me is 7. I am now having a dark brown discharge. I didn't think I could be pregs but after reading all of you I am beginning to wonder if I could be. I would be happy but my husband would not!
Hello everyone,

I too had my tubes cut, tied, and burned in September of 2002.  Within the last week I have been having a lot of nausea..not vomiting, being really tired, tender breast..I am only a week late for my period but I am never late.  I am kind of concerned.  I have three children of my own and three step children.  I do not really want another child but would gladly welcome one.  I can not believe that people actually get pregnant after having their tubes cut, tied and burned.  

Oh yeah I want to add that I am very emotional.  I cry over every thing and I mean everything.  And I do not usually cry.  

I am going on 43 yrears old.  I had my tubes tied and burned 21 years ago and I now have missed two periods and have all the symptoms of being pregnant.  I am going to get a test this weekend and see.
I am 47 years old.  I had my tubes tied in July 1992 after my 4th son was born by c-section. I have had normal periods ever since, until now.  My last period was the second week of January. I am now 3 months late.  Is it possible that I may be pregnet?  Will be picking up a home pregnacy test I just have a bad feeling. Will let you know the out come.

Tutz

I am 33 years old i have 4 beautiful childern and a wonderful husband and a few days ago he said he wants another child and now i would like one also i know that our family members will think that we are crazy if we told them but we would like another child.Oh and 4 years ago i had my tubes burnt. Hopefully we get pergant once more but its in Gods hands. Tra472
hello,
i just had a baby 3 in a half month ago.... i had my tubes cut and burn. i havent been breastfeeding  since my baby is lactous intolerant. I am 26 years old.  Is there any stories of somebody getting pregnant not after getting there tubes tied but after getting them cut???  please let me know. thank you
i had my doughter in nov of 07 and had my tubes tied feb 11 of 08 and iam still having my periods they are just havier and lasts about 2-3 days less then they were, but sometimes i feel little flutters and i think movements in my stomach ive taken a couple tests and they come back neg. also was doing really good at loosing the weight from having my doughter and now its like all came back. what should i do
I just a baby in November 2007 and my tubes tied at the same time.  My last period was the last week in March 2008.  And I haven't started my period yet.  I am now worried.  I don't have a doctor's appointment until the 21st of this month.
have you taken a home preg test yet. if not id go ahead and do that.
Can you have a reversal after you had your tubes tied and burned? If so whats the cost? I have 4 children and I dont want anymore right now but in maby 4-5 years i would maby like to have one more, so i was just wondering. Another question thats been on my mind if your tubes are tied and burned  having sex with no birthcontrol pills or no protection at all cant make you pregnant can it.....because we just assumed we didnt need any protection scence there tied...is that right?
I had my tubes tied and cut Sept 06.  I have POCS.  I started birth control March 23rd 2008 for the pain from my cyst.  For 3 weeks now my breast have been really sore.  I also get a tingling feeling in my nipples.  I have also noticed some vaginal discharge the past couple of days.  I took a home pg test and the first one came out very faint pos.  I took another 2 days later and it was positive.  Then the next day I took a blood test and it was neg.  when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter I took a blood test and it was neg so a week later I took another one and it was positive.  I dont know what to think anymore.  I really want to know if I could be pregnant of is it my pills.  
seriously...I keeping reading all these women that 'think" they are "feel" they are prenant after having the tubes tied and burnt...has ANYONE come up preganant after having the tubes tied and burned??? It's apparnet LOTS of people THINK they are. But I haven't read one that it has happend too.
i have had a tl done in june 02 and since then had only about 4 periods. i always feel tired,nauseated,and i doubled my weight. my fiance and i want a child of our own but the doctors say it could be early menopause. have you guys ever thought about that.
I had a tubal legation done March 2007 and I was pregnant March 2008... saw the baby, had a heartbeat...but had a MC at 9 weeks... so it is true. My gyno told me that 3 to 5 women out of 500 who had some type of TL will get pregnant...the proceedure is not 100% garanteed.
Well I had my tubes tied 4 years ago in March with my baby girl whom i delivered via c-section...i skipped an April Period but around the 3 of May i had some slight bleeding..alomost like spotting but a lil more than when i get preg..but it stopped after 3-4 days..my normal period is heavy and lasts 5-7..never shorter than that or that light..im wondering myself if i could be preg..i use condoms prob 95% of the time but we did have 2 or 3 slip ups in the past 2 months..im not having any other preg symptoms tho..exp being tired...
I've heard of getting pregnant after a tubals.. but NEVER after they've been BURNT & Tied?? Anyone ever heard of that???? How could that even happend???
I am 32 yrs old, tubes tied after csection of my 2nd child 7/04 (i believe they were clamped, even though the paper I signed said they would be cut & burned).

With my first child I took a pg test ONE day being late & with in secs it turned postive. With my 2nd child I knew before I took the test, sore breasts, craamping, tired, etc. Took a test after ONE day being late & within seconds it turned positive again.

My cycles are about 24-26 days long. I keep track of them at cyclespage.com(log & dates of ovulation & menstration). Within the past 6 months I have started cramping, having sore breasts, fatigued, massive headaches & horrible irritability a week before I start.

According to Cycles Page I should have ovulated between 5/1-5/5 - but I believe I ovulated between 5/8-5/11. (i had very thick discharge one day w/ bad cramping & bloating)  That weekend my hubs & I had sex.

Also on Cycles Page I should have started on 5/18. But have not yet. I know it's only 2 days, but as you see with my other kids I was only 1 day late with them.

I called the dr & they said to take a home pg test. It could be I am irregular this month.

I have cramping, sore breasts, headaches, irritability, etc..........no spotting.

My question(s) I guess are .........if I ovulate later, that will make my period later, right? Just so I understand correctly.

I plan on taking a test on Sunday if I haven't got my period by then. And either way (neg or pos) I plan on making a dr appt  - only because ever since I have had my tubal I have pain during ovulation that brings me to the point of passing out and I need to get back on the birth control to stop that (if no baby).

Do you think I am making the right decision by waiting a week? How late were some of you before you took a test to find out you were prego?
I am 34 and in 2004 I delivered twins and had my tubes tied clipped and burned. I found out around a month and a half  ago that i was pregnant. I have 5 kids, Granted I want another boy (I have 4 girls and only one boy) but my health wont handle it. I was hoping, I know this sounds snobby but I was hoping to pay to have another baby in about 4-5 years. My boyfriend is 8 years older than me and we are not ready to have another baby, he has no kids. My oldest is 16 years old which is my only boy but they are telling me that I have a rip in the sack but I have not miscarried and my boyfriend is not ready so the doctors asked me to have a medical miscarriage. Knowing I am highly against abortion What do I do!!???!!! I am also about to become a, in not so many words a grandmom????

Please give me some advise
I had a tubal done 5 years ago, my last period was april.11th, and now sitting here with all these pregnancy symtoms i'm confused, a couple of days ago i had some brownish pink discharge when i wiped and now nothing...it only lasted 3 days...so i don't know whats going on i have a doctors app. on fri..hopefully i get some answers!! thankx
I had my tubes burned around 3 years ago , and have regreted it every since . But I am almost 2 weeks late on getting my period , and today I noticed that my breasts were leaking this yellow looking fluid . Im a little tired , breast are not sore , my lower back has been given me fits . Im sorta wondering if I could be pregnant .
But here is the thing ... My husband to be went on a 33 days trip for military reasons in April .. April 12th -May 15 th .. My last Period was on April 21st  . Im I doing the math wrong here , cause there is no way I could of got pregnant while he was gone . But it does not seem normal to me to have leaky breast this soon if I am pregnant . The urge to go to the bathroom is also more frequent . Please someone help me answer these questions I have . Im planning on taking a PT test if I dont get my period within the next week and a half . Thank you all so much for any advice you may have for me .
You decesion is a personal one. But personally speaking I would not advise you to get abortion and no one should force you to get one. It is a life that grows inside of you. If you take your baby's life you can't change your mind and bring it back.
Hi , just wanted to know if anyone can help me . I had my tubes tied , cut and burned in  August of 05 after having my last child via c-section . but now I am starting to think I am pregnant . I have been feeling tired , sick feeling to my stomach some not much , no brest tenderness , but the area around my nipples seem to be getting bigger . I have not missed my period yet should have it on the the 20th of this month ( june ) . I took a test on saturday morning and there was the dark neg. line but a very very faint post. line . like almost not there .. then on sunday morning I took another one and it was a for sure neg. with my other child I knew I was within like for day of getting pregnant . I could just tell ya know . I am so up in the air about what to do ..so I not worry about or should I wait and take another test if I miss my period . If anyone can help me please let me know ...thanks so much
help me i'm going to marry my boy  that i have had for a year and we would like to have a baby of our own, but I am clamped and cut could i still have a baby.
i would like to have anouther baby with my soon to be husband, but my tubes are clamped and cut. what can i do to have anouther baby? C an it be revirceed or what?
i had my tubes cut tied and burn 17 years ago now my stomace is swell gain 20 pounds in amonth breast is getting big could i be pregant had period last 3 days in came early usely last week or 2
I have  had my tubes tied during a c-section 7 years ago. My youngest is 6 years old who will be turning 7 this year. I was told by my doctor just to continue to have sex and I will get pregnant. Well, I am doing that. I know that I am suppose to be happy for my friends and family that become pregnant. But I am wishing it was me that is telling the good news that I am. I thought about getting my tubes untied but it is so costly. I am willing to try anything to get pregnant. I just miss the idea of caring for a baby and feeling the baby growing in me. Sometimes I am very late with my period but eventually having it. I am try the Geritol to see what happens. I will come back to post.
I HAD MY TUBES CLAMPED IN NOV. 2007 CUZ AROUND HERE THEY DON'T CUT AND TIE ANYMORE BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR MINDS AND REVERSALS ARE EASIER WITHOUT THEM BEING BURNED. I AM 3 MONTHS PREGNANT, BABY DOING WELL ...LADIES THEIR IS HOPE FOR REAL! I WAS IFFY ABOUT ANOTHER CHILD I AM 23 AND GOT 4 KIDS ALREADY, BUT GOD BLESSED ME WITH A 5TH MIRACLE. SO DON'T GIVE UP  HOPE IT CAN HAPPEN. MY DOC SAYS THEY LONGER YOUR TUBES HAVE BEEN TIED THE EASIER IT IS TO BE PREGNANT. P.S. MY MOM HAD HERS TIED AFTER MY SISTER AND A YEAR LATER SHE GOT PREGNANT WITH TWIN GIRLS--GRANTED SHE HAD TO HAVE A HYSTERECTOMY AT 23 YEARS OLD---BUT HER TUBES WERE CUT TIED AND BURNT....THAT WAS IN 1990 AND TECHNOLOGY HAS CHANGED BUT STILL THERE IS HOPE FOR ALL OF YOLU...GOOD LUCK ,WITH LOVE,HOPE IT WORKS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
hello, i had my tubes clipped in March 06 and was pregnant again by June 06.  i had an abortion and then decided to try again i felt so bad. i then got cold feet and had the tubal done again with clipped, cut, tied, burnt.  not sure what to think reading all this.
Hi everyone, I gave birth via c-section in Feb 08, I had my tubes tied, cut, burnt. I breastfeed my baby who is now 6 months old. I have not had a period at all, I did the regular bleeding thing for about 7 weeks after I had her but nothing since then. Last month I began to cramp as if I was having a period, I had a discharge of clear jelly stuff, but no period, what could be wrong with me? Is this normal? Please Help.

Jamie
In March of 2001, I had my tubes tied after my child.  Its been since then I have never used protection with my love. The first of August we had sex when it was the last days of my period. Sept comes around and I have an abnormal period. I have gained a lot of weight for myself in this amount of time. My stomach is swelled and looks just like it would when your preg. I am sleeping about 3 to 4 hrs a day after my children go to school.  I am very fatigue.  Last Saturday afternoon I got sick so bad I didnt stop till that night.  I feel sick almost everyday now. My breast are sore and I just dont know what to do.  I dont have insurance and I dont know if this is possible by having the tubes tied and having an abnormal period. I have not had sex with him since the August time.  I have been to worried. My mood is terrible.  One day happy and the next is bad.  If there is anyone that can help, please let me know.  
Thanks to all and GOD bless all of you....TJ
Hi,  Every stat I've read says the chances are 1-2/1000.  Nothing I've read, even remotely says 1/350 or whatever.  My dr said 1-2/1000 as well.  Where are these other stats coming from?  Thanks.
Please if yall had your tubes "Done" in whatever fashion and your trying to have babys, keep trying don't give up hope!! And for those of you who are thinking of having you tubes done please think about it, there are other methods that are not so harsh and expensive to get done. Im 33 years old have 3 kids and have gotten my tubes done.... except i dont know how they are if they r cut tied and burned. Anyway i have been trying for 3 going on 4 years to have another baby and i think i just may have didi it!! Im not sure yet. Oh and something else If you had ur tubes done most of the time if u r pregnant it wont show on a home bought test u got to go to the doctor at least thats what i hear!! Good Luck to all who r trying may god be with yall!!! LOVE Trish.
Why won't it show on a home pregnancy test? I myslef had my tubes tied 3 years ago. I've been having cramps for about a week, my boobs are sore and I've been peeing a lot more. I hope I am pregnant!!
I had my tubes tied almost 5 yrs ago. I has a heavy period for 2 days, then nothing. I have been tired alot more than normal and alittle more moody. I dont know what to think. could I be pregnant?
I'm in the same boat as you. My husband and I (last wednesday) were having intercourse and I at some point durning it I was bleeding. I haven't had any bleeding since just a lot of cramping and symptoms of pregnancy. My period isn't due for another week. I'm driving mysrlf crazy!!
Thats when my bleeding stopped.It was after intercourse that I just stopped. I am so confused but I dont wanna jump the gun so to say. I just dont know if that is normal.
I hear ya about not wanting to jump the gun. I have already. I have four children with my ex husband and now my new husband and I would like to have one together. I truely hope I am. You can always go and buy a test to see if you are or not or call the doctor.
I am in the same situation as a lot of you.TR's are to expensive to have done .I Know my God sits high and looks low so there is nothing to hard for him!!! I know I will have my miracle on the way before this year is out. You have to speak things as if it was already so. So I will pray for all that Gods will be done in all of your life ,until then continue to be blessed and prosperous and baby dance to all
So I dont know if its just me wanting it or something else, but last night out of nowhere I wanted to throw up, then this morning after being up about 2 hours, I threw up. I dont want to tell my boyfriend because hes upset that I cant have anymore and he wants one. I dont want to get his hopes up. Still confused.
The only thing I can say to you is find out first, then tell him.Don't stress out because when you do ,you only get let down.So relax don't wreck your nerves over it.
                                              Blessing and Prosperity to you

No matter what you are facing God has it all in control!!!
Thank you. I am just going to wait and see what happens.  I can only hope and pray at this point.
my tubed have been tied for 7 years now . i want another baby so bad now, i ordered some clomiphene online to increase my chances of getting pregnant do you think i di right or should i leave it a
lone

sign

in need of answers
i got my tubes clipped and burned almost six years ago after a c-section. Now i am a month late and don't know if i should get a pregnancy test. I'm cramping really bad but no bleeding. Maybe i should wait a little longer to see what will happen.
I am 27 years old have three kids (two from birth and one adopted) When I was 21 I had TL. Which way they did it I have no clue but I do think it was a cut, tie and burned. I have been doing nonstop research the past couple weeks and what I have been finding out is that it's way more then 4/1000 women get pregnant. I have been writing down every women I read about and so far I am at 1938 women have been pregnant with TL being done. Now that's just from the websites I have read that doesn't include those that have no posted, asked questions or gave answers on sites I have not been on. So, I personally think the chances are higher then what the doctors are saying. Plus, I found out from a local clinic is that if you had your TL done before the age of 25-27 you have a higher chance because your body does not stop growing completely until the age of 25-27.
I will say that I started researching because last month I had a very weird period. Spotting, light bleeding and only lasted half the time. So, I thought I'll take a test. It was negative. Then my mom said I might have taken too soon. Since then these are my symptoms.
Nausea, small headaches, lower back ache, bloating, gas, irratation to everyday smells, tired, white discharge,Emotional,moody, nails have grown in the past two weeks like no other, and well just the feeling of not feeling right. I mean I don't feel sick I feel like there's a change in my body. And last night my husband noticed something I didn't and that was I have started holding my stomach like if I was.
He keeps telling me he thinks I am. But, I am not sure. With my two other my armpits would hurt like crazy and that's how I knew I was pregnant but my armpits don't hurt. My boobs do feel pressure but no pain. I am going to wait until 5 days before my period which is the 2nd of November and see what it says. I do know that the more sex you have the higher chance you have. Do take a fact to it that if your man isn't as fertile as you may think he is. It might take a little more. If any of you have questions email me. I have done tremendous research and still doing it until the day I can tell my hubby I am having his BABY!!

MarQue
***@****
ok here it is Mudrun9380   at American Online   *******.. much easier
I had a tubes clipped and burned on August 18, 1999 the day that I delivered my son via c-section. For the past month, I've been experiencing symptoms of being pregnant: my period had slowed down, nausea, tiredness, not being hungry, back pains, stomach growth, and severe irritability bouts. I finally took a home pregnancy test, and it came back negative. After reading the postings made by everyone, I'm making an appointment to see my doctor because if I'm not pregnant, it could be something else. By the way, I was hoping to be pregnant.
I'M READING ALL THESE POSTS!!! WE ALL ARE HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS IE. BREAST TENDERNESS, FEELING SICK,TIRED WHATS GOING ON WITH US EVERYONE SAYS THEY ARE GOING TO THE DR. WHAT ARE YOU FINDING OUT????? ARE THESE SYMPTOMES THAT WE SHOULD BE EXPECTING AND THE DOCTORES ARNT TELLING US ABOUT? MY TUBES HAVE BEEN TIED FOR 4 1/2 YEARS AND I JUST STARTED GETTING THESES SYMPTOMS JUST PERPLEXED
Hi I started reading these forums because I had my tubes tied 6 months ago after I had a baby that was too early and we couldn't save her, about a week ago I started feeling sick in the mornings and in the evenings, my breast are tender and they are starting to leak again after they have quit 4 months ago, and my sense of smell is insane. These are all the symptoms that I had when I was pregnant the other 5 times. Can somebody tell me what I should do? I took a pregnancy test the other day but it was neg, and my peroid isnt due for another 5 days
um...wow..i had my tubes cut and burned in april of 2005 via c-section after i had my 2nd child...a year ago i took a pregnancy test it came out positive ....bairly...but not too long after i had my period and was normal..now, i feel pregnant i havent missed my period (yet) but i had intense cramps for a few days last week and now i feel sick and im tired and so on...i dont really know what to think or do...id love to have another child but im scared it will end up being a tubal pregnancy..i dont want that..
i had my tubes clipped sept of 06 and we want another child. is this possible?
i just wanted to know if anyone knew where i could get information because i got my tubes tied and burnt last year but want to have another baby where can i get them fixed. thank you
HEY THERE IM A 23YR OLD MOTHER OF 2 BOYS N ABOUT 2 YRS AGO I HAD MY TUBES TIED N BURND BUT FOR SUM REASON MY PERIOD IS A WEEK LATE ....NEVER BEEN LATE BEFORE.... I HAVE ALL THE SYMTOMS OF PREGNANCY..... IS IT POSSIBLE I KNOW THAT EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE IN LFE BUT IM SCARED.... CUZ I WISH FOR IT TO BE A NORMAL PREGNACY IF I AM I DONT WANT TO KNOW ITZ IN MY TUBES..... WELL I WILL BE FINDING OUT SOON IM ON MY WAY TO THE HOSPITAL CUZ TOP IT ALL I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF LOWER RIGHT BELLY PAINS LIKE CRAZY.....BUT NO BLEEDING....
IS THERE ANY CHANCE A WOMAN CAN GET PREGNANT AFTER HAVING A HYSTERMONY OR WHAT WOULD BE THE REASON FOR HER TO HAVE BREAST LEAKAGE NOW AFTER 13 YEARS AND NOT HAVING ANY LEAKAGE BEFORE NOW/ PLEASE HELP!!!!!!  THIS IS FOR A FRIEND WHOM  HAS PREGANCY SYSTOMS AND IS VERY WORRIED...............
This is very important:  if you have had a tubal ligation and have any reason to believe you are pregnant, please seek medical attention.  If you tested negative on a home pregnancy test but still have symptoms of pregnancy, please be aware that an ectopic pregnancy (outside the uterus, usually in a tube) may not produce normal, high levels of hCG so you may test negative but still be pregnant.  Ectopic pregnancy is VERY dangerous and is actually a leading cause of maternal death in the U.S. because many people don't even realize they are pregnant.

Even if you don't have health insurance, visit Planned Parenthood or a similar low-cost clinic.  An ectopic pregnancy can rupture at any time, and this can be fatal.

Failure rates for tubal ligation vary based on technique used and time since the procedure was performed.  But tubal ligation certainly can fail.  Mine failed less than one month following the surgery.  My surgeon tried to argue that I'd been pregnant at the time of the surgery, until a hysterosalpingogram showed that one side is totally open.  I had an abortion, and will be having a second surgery.  Fortunately, my pregnancy was not ectopic.
Wow!  It's amazing to see how many other women are going through the same thing I have been going through.  I had my tubes cut and burned August 2007.  I already have 3 children but have been feeling "pregnant".  I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative.  My menstrual cycle usualy lasts nor more than 5 days.  Sunday, November 23rd I noticed brown spotting (very brown) when I wiped.  Shortly after a small amount was in my panties but not enough to require protection.  I did put on a pantyliner and there were a few more drops (brown to pink in color) after wiping.  This went on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning.  I would even go to bed and wake up and there was nothing on the pantyliner.  On Tuesday afternoon the blood got a little more red but it wasn't alot like my normal period because I am usually very heavy.  This bleeding lasted Tuesday, Wednesday and started tapering off on Thursday, Thanksgiving day.  There was a little of Friday by Saturday and Sunday it turned to brown blood (not alot).  I went to work on Monday morning and had a feeling of nauseau, went to the restroom and there was a light pink discharge.  when I wiped, it was light pink on the tissue.  I had light "menstrual type" cramps in my lower back and I can feel something moving in my stomach.  I also get like a numb feeling on the left side of my abdomen, the same feeling I would get when I was carrying my other children (like when they place a foot or hand in a certain area.)  At night I have heartburn and I get a feeling of naueau off and on during the day.  I don't know that is going on.  Sometimes my hips hurt and I can feel my pelvic area stretching.  I can also feel a pulling on my belly button at times.  My main thing is I don't usually spot before and after my period.  Plus, my periods don't last 8 days either.
I had my tubes tied 8 years ago. I had my last period in October and haven't had one since and now I'm having all the symptons of my period but nothing ever happened I have a light discharge one day but nothing after that. I really would like to have another baby by the the man I love. Any suggestions
HI,
I'M 45 YEARS OLD AND I HAD A TUBLIGATION ( (LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY) 23 YEARS AGO I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN REGULAR WITH MY PERIOD. BUT I HAVE HAD SOME CONCERNS SINCE SEPTEMBER 08, I GOT MY MENSTRAL CYCLE ON THE 3RD. AND THAN AGAIN ON THE 19TH. IN OCTOBER I GOT IT ON THE 17TH, AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT SINCE UNTIL DEC 5TH, I THOUGHT I GOT MY PERIOD AND I HAVE NOT BLEED LIKE A REGULAR PERIOD BUT EVERYYTIME I USE THE BATHROOM AND I WIPE IT COMES OUT BROWN  I ALSO HAVE BEEN GETTING LOTS OF HEADACHES AND FEELING VERY TIRED AND I ALSO CAN NOT SLEEP AT NIGHT.AND I AM SCARED BECAUSE WHEN I HAD FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT FOR MY FIRST CHILD THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEN TO ME. COULD IT BE POSSIBLE I AM PREGANT. I HOPE SOME ONE CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. THANK U
My doctor told me when I had my tubes tied back in 2000 that it was a 1/200 chance of still getting pregnant. I even had to sign something stating that I wouldn't sue if I did get pregnant. I haven't gotten pregnant yet, though I did take a test last week because I have felt nauseated for 3 weeks and was worried, only because I am looking for a job and I go to college full time and my husband just ot his BA so he's looking for a better job. If the timing was right, I would be thrilled to have a baby with my husband I have now. I have 2 kids from my last marriage and they are 10 and 8. My now husband has no kids of his own, what better Christmas gift than a positive prego test.
When I had my last child in 1990 I had a tubaligation and I had the same systems you are having now. I realized after a while that I was wasting time and money on pregancy test, my body was ovalating but I was not have my period. I believe it was causing the same system as a pregancy. I would get dizzy, nausea, sleep alot, everything that happened when I was pregnant. It took 5 years for the systems to completely go away.
I am 36 yrs old i had a tubal ligation in 1995 my son is now 13 my periods were like clock work you could set your watch by them my last period was on 11/25/08 i should have had my period on 12/22 my breast are tender and swollen, i get tired very easily, heartburns, some nausea cramping in my lower abdomen.  I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.  What should i do any suggestions
I am 34 and had my tubes clamped in 02.
I am 3 weeks late. I've had symptons of PG, but Ive chalked them up to the flu, holidays, and stress.

I'm a little scared to take a test. I dont want to be dissappointed.
I am planning on having a reversal in the spring. I found a Dr in N carolina that seems awesome, and their clinic will let you open an 'account' and pay until you are ready to schedule.
Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal....I live in Texas but it is cheaper to go there by almost $2000.
So, no real question, just reading everyones' posts and wanted to say something. Hope the TR info helps!

God Bless all of  you and good luck.
I am 24 years old and when I was 13 I had surgry for endo. And it didn't seem to work so I had it again! I was told I couldn't have kids and was scheduled for my hysto. but I pushed it off so I could go on vacation to Virginia and rescheduled it for when I got back. But while I was on vaction I met my husband and got pregnant. They told me that is was rare b/c of how bad my endo was! But I had a girl who is now 5. They told me if I wanted more to try while I am yound b/c in a couple years I would have to get my hysto. They also said I would probally keep miscarrying and I did once then a couple months after that I got pregnant with my identical twin boys! They are now 2 years old. I am late on my period by a month but I am not going to get a test for awhile b/c stress can cause it and if you keep thinking about it I truley believe your period will wait longer! Try not to stress over it. God works in weird ways and believe me you can't always believe a dr!
i got my tubes tied and burned ,did that when i turn 17 , medical reason .i do have two boys and wish that god would bless me with a girl im only 20 now but still i manage to take big responsiabilties to take care of my family !!! do u think there is any cahance of another pregnacey at all
??? not now but later when i finish with school
Ok I got my tubes only clamped back in 2000 and i am now going on 33!! I was told that I could get pregnant in the long run and I only got clamped in case I wanted more kids bc the Dr. said I was too young to decide if I wanted more or not!!
I absolutely think that I am pregnant and it scares me as my kids are 9 and 11!!! I really do want a baby with the man that I am marrying and they do say the more sexual active you are the better your chances are!!

Any answers for me here?? I wake up and 5 mins later I am sick(ughhh)and periods are not normal at all..or just late!! i was only 24 when I got my tubes clamped so therefore my body wasnt done growing so I dont know!! I feel different too and I notice a little change in me!!

Please if there are any answers out here!!

I am from Canada as well!!

thanks every1
I'm 41 yrs old and i think i'm prego..but have to wait on feb.5th appt. with my dr. to due check up @ ages. I had 3 children-2 boys and 1 girl then after gave birth with daughter, had tied /burnt tubes-2004. so last dec.30,my guy and i did intercourse and had period Jan.4 thur 10. then we did intercourse again last week Jan.21,2009 then there is period or just bleeding started Jan.29th..Puzzle????yes, my breast sore and been headache. is that signal pregnancy? also notice myself gained belly and butt. yeah, i do hope to have a baby by guy who ever i'm in love with him.1st,divorced and 2 nd had been live together for 7 yrs and broke up..i like guy for 1 yr and hope there will be my last guy. lol wish me good luck. I can't wait to know for sure if i'm prego or not but maybe tomorrow go buy home preg. test. My guy don't want have another kids, he already had 1 son-27 yrs old. Do u think i could be pregnancy?
I am 37 yrs old and had my tubes tied and burned in 1997 with my c-section.  I am about 1 week and 5 days late for my period and I am hardly ever late.  I am having signs of pregnancy like changes in appetite and a low grade fever along with breast tenderness.  I have never really had nausea.  I took a pregnancy test but it came back negative.  I regret having my tubes tied and hope to get pregnant again one day.  Does that sound like pregnancy?
i had my tubes tied and burned and i missed a period but have signs of pregnancy all the time this month . my test say negative but i am still gaining weight and no period and i am only 31 years old. you tell me what is it,plus i am going under weight loss surgery and i don't want my doctor to be telling me i am not pregnant and find out in surgery it's a tube seed up in me i might loose my life.
anyone please let me know something.
You should go to your doctors office and have them do a blood pregnancy test.  It usually takes one day for the results to come back in.  This will let them know if there is in a fact a baby growing in you.
my tubes have been tied, burned,and clipped for thirteen years and i also have had the feelin of something movin inside of me, stomach gettin big and feelin sick. Me personnally i think it is because i want another baby so bad. I have three teenage girls and i would love to have another child but wen you have that in your mind it tends to give you the signs of beenin pregnant in other words if you are not pregnant ur mind is playin tricks on you.
I had my tubes tied and burned when i had my youngest who is now 6. For the last two weeks i have woke up feeling sick to my stomache. I am gaining weight but seems like just in my stomache. I havent missed a period but they have been pretty light. my breast feel somewhat sore. Anyone have any ideas?
I just had a baby Oct 20, 2008, and I got my tubes tied during my c-section. I had regular periods but I miss February, I took two pregnancy test, and it showed up light. when I got my tubes tied I didn't wait to have sex and I think I might have mess my surgery up. I don't know if they where burnt, because I didn't ask. I don't know what to think, but if I am I just believe that it's all in Gods plan.
I had my tubes tied in 2005 and last month was a very light period and I am currently 10 days late, I took a pg test and it was neg...should I trust this result...and if not what should i do
I had my tubes tied about 2 years ago when I had my last miscarriage, now I am not sure whats going on with me.  I have been so emotional, and tired lately.  And the last period i had last less than a day and it was not really anything, just some blood when i wiped.  Than in the last few days I have been so nauseas it's not even funny, plus my clothes are getting snug, hot and cold flashes.  I did take a test and it was negative a few weeks ago and at this point I am ready to pick up another one...does anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Quick question that repeats another poster....out of ALL the women who posted pregnancy symptoms after a Tubal Ligation, what ended up happening to you all?

Many of you were going to the doctor for a blood test, what happened? Did ANYONE actually end up pregnant??

If you weren't pregnant, which I must assume many weren't (if any), what were the reasons the doctor gave you? One lady said something about her hormones being out-of-whack.

Seems odd so many people have the same exact problems and most of us wish for the same thing (being pregnant again) [BTW, I am also here for same reasons as most others ;)]

But please, remember when you posted and you were so confused? Please give the rest of us the benefit of your experiences :)
This thread is long and the orginal poster who was scheduled to go to the doctor never answered what happened to here  neither did any of the other posters that were having symptoms... It would be nice if you are posting a comment or question and you find an answer to your own personal question via a doctor you should share the news with us that don't know.
I am 30 and had my tubes cut tied and burned in 06 and I am 2 days late for my period. I am exhausted all the time and sore breast and mood swings and nausea and this thread is long but just more people asking questions and NO ONE answering. Some of you 2008 people must have an answer by now. POST IT! see I'm moody too.
i am 32yrs old had my tubes tied clipped and burnt 11yrs ago. I had my cycle on 03/03/09 ovalated begin on the 14th had sex da 15th by da 18 or 19th nipples where sore just win i pinched them dat lasted a day,started having gas on the 21st, still having gas, also burping, i can't sleep @ nite win i do sleep sumthin likes scare me in my sleep wake up racing heart, wake up like 2xs a nite, up every moring @ 6am 2 use the bathroom, i ben having discharge for like 2wks now. i got nasus for 2days around 5.30pm, im eating 3xs a day, stomach grouls all day, i have mild stmach pains that seems like its n my head, my cycle isnt due 2 *** until the 31st. I pray that i am, my ole man always asked y i havnet gotten preggo yet he doesnt kno my tubes r tied, i feel bad cuz i jus pray for this miricale to happen so i dont have to tell him.  
I had my tubes tied after my 3rd baby in September 2008 & I totally regret it! My husband pressured me into doing it! My periods have been weird every month since having them tied. It is a weird side effect of having your tubes tied. I too have taken pregnancy tests in hopes that I was pregnant but no luck, just a really unpredictable period. Ectopic pregnancies are very dangerous and if not caught early on can kill the mother. So getting pregnant now with my tubes tied doesn't sound like such a good idea.
Please let me know also if you can get pregnant after having your tubes cut,tied,and burnt because I want to know please. I just had mine down 4-24-09. Thank you

From: Tammy T.

I am reading all your Post and i am amazed....Just wish we knew what was the results from everyone, if they really was or wasnt.... I am 32 years old and a mother of 3 ages 15,13,and 9...I had my tubes tired,cut,and burned in August of 1999 after my Daughter was born Via Vagina Way no C- section...I haven't missed any periods...some months are lighter than others...I haven't had any nausea, But i have been feeling very tired lately,have had heartburn so bad at night, lower back ache and have been gaining weight in my belly,looks like pregnant sometimes,but no boobs are sore...sometimes i feel a lil flutter in belly but not a lot...i wish i could have another baby, but haven't took no test cause i just  assumed it couldn't happen but after reading all this i am starting to wonder a lil, But don't want to get my hopes up, just wish someone would respond and let us know how their Outcome was...But with what i am having would any suspect a Pregnacy with no missed periods? And i have had a major Toothache lately, I know that happen with my 2nd son and the minute i found out i was pregnant the tootheache stopped....please let me know what anyone thinks?
i got my tubes tired 2 years ago and i am 3 weeks late with my period and i have been having some pregnancy symptoms but i am not sure if i should take a test or not i dont want to get my hopes up. what do i do can someone help
hi my name is jackie im 34 years old i just got married on christmas eve 2008....i got my tubes burned after having a c-section on 1997- 12years ago.....i now want a baby so bad with my husband is there anyway i can get pregnant without spending any money that i really dont have?  i really trully miss having a baby around.my kids are teenagers and so is his!! pLease help me
you can email me at ***@****
i am 31 yrs old n i neva thought i would find a husband so i had my tubes tied afta mt third child n didnt want to have another ******* child so i had my tubes tied now that i have found the love of my life he wants a child n i afraid im not goin to be able to give him one and then hes goin to leave me... and i always wanted a lil boy..is there nething i can do besides the surgery to get pregant
WOW! ITS VERY IMPRESING THAT SOME WOMEN HAVE EXPERIENCE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO WHAT I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH..WELL THIS IS A LITTLE OF MY STORY, I HAD MY TUBE LIGATION DONE IN 2000 AFTER MY 3RD CHILD, THE THING IS THAT I REALLY DONT KNOW IF I HAD THEM CUT AND BURNED OFF OR WHAT EXACTLY THEY DID 2 ME, AND YEAH IT MAY SOUND A LITTLE CRAZY BUT TRUE. IN NOVEMBER 2008 MY PERIOD CAME DOWN TWICE IN THE SAME MONTH, BUT THE SECOND TIME IT WOSEN'T A NORMAL PERIOD I WAS SPOTTING BROWN WHEN I'M A REGULAR PERSON IN WICH MY PERIOD. THE MORNING BEFORE I STARTED SPOTTING MY HUSBAND FELT VERY SICK, DIZZIE, WITH NAUSEAS SOMETHING VERY UNUSUAL.THE NEXT MORNING I STARTED CRAMPING REAL BAD AND SPOTTING, BUT THE NEXT MORNING THERE WAS NOTHING THEIR, 2 DAYS AFTER I THROUGH OUT A BIG CLOT OF A PINKISH LIKE BLOOD AND DIDN'T SPOT ANYMORE.IN APRIL 2009MY PERIOD WAS BEHIND FOR A HOLE WEEK I DID A HOME PREGNACY TEST AND IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE, FINALLY MY PERIOD CAME DOWN AND NOT NORMAL, A HAD TERRIBLE PAINSON MY LEFT SIDE AFTER THAT BIG PINKISH BLOOD CLOTS, I WENT TO MY DOCTOR AND EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL. I'M STILL HERE WONDERING IF WAS PREGNANT OR IF I WOULD EVER BECOME PREGNANT AGAIN, SOMETIMES I GET REAL BAD HEART BURNS NAUSEAS, AND STRONG ABDOMINAL PAINS,JUST HOPPING FOR THE BEST.
  I had twins by c-sections on feb 21 09, well i had two periods since then and now im 5 days late. I had my tubes tie and cut and burnt. is there any way i can get pregnant? the dr told me that there is 1 out of 200 women do. i need help, im so scared , i have a 5 yrs old and twin 4 months old. can i be?
to:  iwork, gracie, little, toy, puchi and mommy

I believe that this thread is getting no posts in response because of two things:  

the original post was long ago, and

the chances are vanishingly slim to get pregnant again after tubal ligation (without surgery), and nobody wants to be the bearer of this discouraging news.

Sometimes it happens that a tubal ligation will fail.  This is rare but might happen especially if the person has clips only, and did not have the tubes cut and cauterized.  Most of the time it cannot and does not happen spontaneously.

We see a lot of really sad posts on this topic, women who feel their marriage will fail without being able to have a baby, women who feel they were tricked into having a tubal ligation, women who were pressured heavily by husbands to do it, often against a background of no money to try to correct the situation surgically.  (I might add, please do not convince yourself that somehow a reversal will automatically solve your problems.  It is a painful surgery to get over and often does not succeed, and sometimes can succeed only so far as to give a woman an ectopic pregnancy and cause her to lose the tube.)   I am sorry to have to be the one who posts this answer.  (Like the other ladies who post regularly on this site, I don't want to be the bearer of sad tidings either.)  But the chances are very, very slim.

There are other ways to get children and even babies into your lives.  There are other ways in the world to find fulfillment.  I pray that each of you gets what you need, and you might surprise yourself by how it comes your way.

If you have other questions about ligation and pregnancy, I think this long thread is going to come down  in a couple of days.  You might start your own thread and post your own separate question.

All the best, dear ladies.  I hope for everything good for you.
im 28 yrs i got my tubes tied in 2006 after my 3rd child,, i so regret doing it,, as i love kids and always wanted abig family,,iv 2 boys and a girl i love them so much there so good i never have a prob with them,,im living in ireland,there father is so good with them,,i talked him into letting me go ahead with it,,i was so gutted when i realised what i had done,,i went to see my consultent a yr ago,,he reforded me to get ivf or to get my tubes untide,,as the both ways are involving a lot of money,with the way the timesare gone im finding it heard to save,,,and keep up with the day to day running of our home as we bought our own hme,,and u have to think of the kids that are here,,
I had my tubes cut and burned 6 years ago and have been having similar symptoms. Make sure you go to the doctors because a few of my friends ended up having the same symptoms you are all having and it was due to Fibroid and or Tumors which is what caused a lot of pain during that time of the month. It is normal after have your tubes tied to have these symptoms seems everyone is and not many are pregnant. Every Doctor has different statistics depending on how honest they are. I would love to have one more baby but we shall see. good luck to you all.
The stats for this are extremely varied. From 1-10,000 to 1-100 women have failed tubal ligations. The failure rate is higher if your tubal ligation was performed during a c-section. It also depends on what kind of ligation was performed. If you suspect that you are pregnant and have had a tubal ligation done do NOT hesitate GO to a doctor and tell them what is happening. An ectopic pregnancy is much more likely then a normal pregnancy and presents like a normal until the fetus grows to large usually around 6-8weeks. An ectopic pregnancy can KILL you. Your doctor should perform an ultra sound to confirm ectopic or normal pregnancy. Please go to the doctor is you suspect!
I am going to refer everyone to this newsletter by CREST, with more research on the subject I stumbled upon it and found out that failure rates are much higher then previously thought: http://www.saxecommunications.com/viewpoint/Newsletter.pdf
i just want to stress, yes it is possible to get pregnant after a TL. I know several ppl who have, but the chances are even hire for a tubal pregnancy. If you suspect it, even if the home tests say No, still go to your doctor. The worst you will find out is it could be menopause or a sympathetic pregnancy because you want it so bad, your body is manifesting the symptoms.
reading all of these comments from you ladies is saddening. i had a mirena coil fitted after my 3rd baby was born, he was 3 months at the time, it has been in 15 months now, i thought he would be my last and after 6 pregnancies (lost my first 3) my body had enough. Dh has had a change of heart and we are going to try for 1 more baby. Tonight I go to have the coil removed. I always thought sterilisation was too final, because you just never know what is going to happen. Plus I was only 26 at the time and I think that is very young to say done and dusted to things. So glad i didn't once the coil is out a few months we can try again. I guess I'm saying to any ladies considering having tubes tied etc.... think very carefully, it is a big decision you may later regret! Good luck to all of you that are hoping to again concieve, i hope you get your wish...like me x
I am 38 years and a mother of 3 ages of 15-9-3. On the next day after the birth of my last I had my tubes tied and burnt. After that my periods came really heavy and lasted to 5 to 6 days. But two month ago I got a very strange periode which started not heavy and stopped on the third day and last 2 days was just spotting very little to none dark. A few days later I discharged with a clear very sticky gell. I took a pregancy test but it came out negative. Then during my last periode two days before I was due I got extremly heavy back pains and burning in my lower back. From since the two months ago periode I am feeling vey nausia. My last periode came even stranger which came for only two days on the third day I had to wipe to see that I was spotting and on the last two days just dark stuff alos next to none. My body feels strange and I still feel like vomiting up all the time and have heartburns. Feel flutering in my stomach but think maybe it is gas. Will wait to see if I get my periode on the 7 of September. And my breast feel a little funny but think my mind is playing tricks on me. But will let you all know what happens. If I am so and if it is not ectopic we will definatley keep it.
I am 30 years old and have had my laparoscopic tube ligation done seven years ago and now regret it. I have heard and read all the stories that as years go on, your chances of getting pregnant are a higher risk! Is this really true???? What are my chances really??? Is there anything I can do, other then having another surgery to make this happen?  
Lady321 - I had these same symptoms about a year ago and went to see the doctor about it.... Come to find out my hormones were out of whack and so put me on birthcontrol for about six months and havent had any problems since.
I had a tubal in 2004 after the birth of my 5th child.  Now I deeply
regret having a tubal because my family and I would love to have
another addition to our family.  Also, having my tubes tied has caused health issues like severe PMS and increased adult acne.  Back in April, May and June of this year my periods stopped (I am like a clock so this was unusual).  I wanted to be pregnant so badly, I took about 9 home pregnancy tests all saying negative, but I also had pregnancy symptoms and some pain.  I finally went to my ob/gyn for answers.  He explained that it is not uncommon for women to occassionally not ovulate which causes no period to occur and all these symptoms and pain are your body's way of screaming it needs to have a period.  After a negative pregnancy test and ultrasound to rule out cycts or other problems the doctor perscribed medication to cause a period.  It's been
regular ever since.  I just wanted to share my story because the majority
of comments on  this site never share what happened and it would be nice if we all started to help one another with some answers instead of
lots of unanswered questions about what might be going on.  May God
bless all of us with the desire of our hearts to have another child.