Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
cant get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

cant get pregnant

hi, i am only nineteen and have been trying to conceive for nearly two years. i had an abortion four years ago. is that the problem. please help
are you married and financially ready to start a family?
you are pretty young to be trying for two years-----NO JUDGEMENTS, I had my first child at 20yrs and he was born just 5 days after I turned 20.  We have in many ways grown up together NOt always best.  You are also terribly young to have trouble.  If you want the advice of a mother who struggles constantly and I am married I have 4 children and I'm working on putting myself through school.  I'm not a preacher.  It's Flippin' hard.  I would suggest that you put yourself into a better postion get through school first so that no matter what you can take care of that child.  I hate to be a downer but if you have a baby today and in 3 years your childs father is in an accident can you afford to care for your child, your family.  I wish that I had done that.  That being said if you still want to go forth and keep trying I would talk to your obgyn and find out if there is scar tissue or anything blocking you from getting pregnant.
Good Luck