Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
care to be taken after iui

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

care to be taken after iui

1. Completed bedrest for 4-5 days after your IUI. This is to conserve your body's energy so that it can concentrate on conception.
2. No excercise except light walking for 2 weeks after IUI.
3. Eat lots of protein rich foods. In moderation, eat eggs, soya and chicken products, You can drink milk and whey protein products and eat lots of nuts and seeds such as sunflower, walnuts, almonds etc. Aim for atleast 75 gms of protein a day. Your body needs the protein to help the egg fertilization process and help the egg implant properly into the uterus.
4. Keep a positive frame of mind and pray to god to help you at this time.
5. Do breathing excercises or light yoga and imagine the egg being fertilized and implanting properly in your uterus and having a healthy and safe pregnancy.
6. Drink lots of water, atleast 8-10 glasses a day, preferably at room temperature.
7. After the IUI, keep your stomach covered and protected from wind for atleast a week. Your womb needs to stay warm to aid conception.
8. Even before your IUI, start taking a pre-natal and a DHEA supplement. The DHEA is especially important for vegetarians as it contains Omega 3 fatty acids that aid greatly in conception and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Additionally, studies have shown that babies whose mothers took DHEA during their pregnancy score higher on IQ tests as kids that those whose mothers did not take the supplement.
Wow thanks for the info. I'm on day 3 after iui
Thanks for the info. Today is my first IUI.
Wow even today my 2nd day of IUI is done..Pl wish me all the best.

Everybdy even im one of them in the succes story ...i hv concieved a baby boy 5 years back with the help of IUI only.....so pl dont drop yourself ...jus keep praying god thinhs will be done....dont keep yourself tensed always...which will have a negative response towards pregnancy.....pl wish me all the best as im planning for a 2nd baby again with the help of IUI only......

hey Mica...

this month u will conceive dear...my suggestion to you is after ur IUI take complete rest for atleast 5 days so that the fertilization will take please ...& then after 5 days dont b so normal but u can move around & always think positive & think that the egg has fertilized in you.....Take plenty of water atleast 3 to 4 ltr ...take all protein food....& then u see u will hear good news this month...i hearly wish u all the very best