Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
cauterization

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

cauterization

Does anyone know if cauterization is te same as ablation?? Just curious because I had surgery for an ectopic and the doctor said she cauterized the inside of my uterus to help with the post op bleeding and I just read about how ablation will kill your fertility. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the web. Thanks for your help.
I have said this time and time before. I will never post here again. Now if I for some reason had a breast implant or penis problem you guys would be so quick to answer me, but when I have a serious question, not one person can answer or at least give me any resources. You guys are so lame! If I was wondering if my penis or vagina size was okay, tons of you guys would answer. God knows you ALWAYS have an answer to something like that1

Anytime I express my opinion, all of you gang up one me like I am so bad. The truth is all you &*^%%%# are super hormonal and lash out on the stupid little things, but none of you can help with "real" issues. The truth is you are a all part of a "***** club!" This site will be forever banned from my list of important sites to visit because the only ones who help are the "REAL" doctors! Which I already have one, so obviously I really don't need to waste my time here!

But let me guess, this comment will put all you gals in a rage, and many of you will comment on me being crazy or having some question that of course none of you can answer. Oh, but if I needed to know if my vagina was tight enough , many of you would have an answer for me.  I just want to say &%(& you &^($%#@ and I don't care if I am banned form this ***** club sit, because none of you have ever given me any help whatsovever!

I am sorry you feel this way.  Personally I did not see this post.  But I know it is frustrating to ask and not get an answer.   To answer your question , although you probably don't want an answer from any of us now, ablation and cauterization is not the same.  Ablation is the removal/destruction of your uterine lining.  It is used is some women as an alternative to a hysterectomy and will stop the thickening of the endometrium and in turn stop heavy periods and sometimes srop your period altogether .  Cauterization is for lack of a better word, burning the top layer of the incision or wound to close it up and stop bleeding.  In your case when she removed the ectopic pregancy and I assume the tube, she probably cauterized the opening from the tube to the uterus to keep blood and fluid from filling the the uterus.  
That was a really nice comment back to her! You answered her question very well. I don't know if she will read it, but I will say thanks for her!