Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
clomid cost

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

clomid cost

does anyone know how much it costs to get help with clomid? my doctor said that my insurance wont cover it. so i have to pay out of my pocket. how much does it cost?
For me it was $40 for 5 days of 50mg and $75 for 5 days of 100mg.
but isnt it just one pill that you take and thats it. how does it work?
When I took it, I had to take it for 5 days.  I started on day 3 of my cycle and took it until day 7.  Some doctors prescribe it for cycle days 5-9.   I'm pretty sure that that's the norm.  
oh, ok. thank you so much
Avatar n tn
For 50 mg for 5 days it was 30.00.  100mg 5 days it was 58.99.  150 mg 5 days was 78.99.   NOW, this is from CVS.  I heard a lady in my drs office say how she calls around to get quotes on her meds and cvs is ALWAYS higher.
So, I decided before I started my 2nd round of 150 mg, call around.  I"m SO SOO glad I did!!!   Walmart was by far cheapest (I'm not a Walmart fan, but I believe they're my new pharmacy).  150 mg 5 days 45.72!!!!!!   I couldn't believe it.  It was almost HALF of what I paid at cvs!!!!!!
wow thank you. so when the doc gives me the perscription for clomid, i should go and get it at walmart? i am in california and i dont think our walmarts have a pharmacy. but i will definately ask around. its good to know some prices.i thought that clomid will cost me thousands. woosh.
Just picked mine up at Walgreens yesterday
50mg-$28 cycle day 2-6
good luck and super sticky baby dust
Avatar n tn
I'm in TN, and I think about all of Walmart's have pharmacy's now.  I'd at least make a few calls to get quotes first.   It is a relief to know that it isn't in the thousands of dollars.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I had my first prescription filled either.  :)  Oh, my dr has me start taking it on day 6-10, but I think most of the girls on this board take it on 5-9.  
It's pretty cheap as costco too!  
I used to live in Fresno California and the walmart in Hanford has a pharmacy, I am almost positive of one in fresno too.....

I dont know where you are in CA  but at least some of the walmarts have pharmacy's
Avatar n tn
i just got mine last week at costco..5 pills for $15.99 thas a bargain!! 50 mg so shop around!! good luck!
Wow, sounds like I was getting ripped off.  So I wouldn't recommend getting it at Rite-Aid, which is where I had gotten mine.
I saw at a couple of online pharmacies it was $25-30 for 30 pills at 50mg. Most are in canada, rx required.
Avatar n tn
I get mine at HEB and my insurance doesn't cover it, I only pay like $25 or $30 for clomid.