Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
closed cervix
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

closed cervix

I went to the dr yesterday to have a Hysterosalpingogram done to make sure my fallopian tubes were clear to become pregnant because my husband and I have been trying for 3 years to have a baby. During the procedure, the dr could not get the tube in because he said my cervix was blocked off. He didn't say specifically what was in the way, but he eventually got it in after puncturing the opening of my cervix. He told me that that could be one of the reasons why I have not been able to concieve (conceive) is because of my cervix. Could you please give me some insight as to why it would be completely closed off or as to if, since he did open it back up, will my chances of becoming pregnant increase?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
758877_tn?1382589362
wow i really havent heard of anything like your cervix being closed... but he opened it and the sperm needs to get up there OF COURSE your chances increase by 100% GO GO GO lol .. i wish you much luck now to the NEXT step find your OVUALTAION DAY and get going ....

i had a hsg done to the 1st time, it was unsuc cause my cervix was to up there ... i guess when "I" ovulate my cervix goes up ..

so i got my hsg done again and it was sucsessfull

hope everything was clear ... much baby dust

tight hugs from texas

hugs
*:O) erika
Blank
676775_tn?1276814160
I had this same problem and it was discovered when I was scheduled for a HSG. I had a cevix dilation done and then had the HSG done suceessfully.
I dont want to sound negative but I also thot the cervix being dilated would give me a BFP but this is 3yrs since then. Infact, the first time I was diagnosed with a closed cervix was not as bad as the second time where the dr also said the walls of my uterus were also sticking together. I was then treated for that and when I had a hysteroscopy done some months later, my uterus looked good.
For the second closed cervix diagnosis, the dr said it's possible I got pregnant but had one of those early miscarriages but I dont really know if this is what causes closed cervix or not.
Since the dr was able to open your cervix, relax and hope for the best. SSBD! :)
Blank
881911_tn?1297788300
Thats crazy.... I had this the hystersalpingogram done and all was normal, thats when we found out it is my hubby. Well sounds like you are going down the right path from here, GOOD LUCK, we all need it!!, nicole
Blank
A related discussion, cervix stenosis was started.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...