closed cervix
I went to the dr yesterday to have a Hysterosalpingogram done to make sure my fallopian tubes were clear to become pregnant because my husband and I have been trying for 3 years to have a baby. During the procedure, the dr could not get the tube in because he said my cervix was blocked off. He didn't say specifically what was in the way, but he eventually got it in after puncturing the opening of my cervix. He told me that that could be one of the reasons why I have not been able to concieve is because of my cervix. Could you please give me some insight as to why it would be completely closed off or as to if, since he did open it back up, will my chances of becoming pregnant increase?
wow i really havent heard of anything like your cervix being closed... but he opened it and the sperm needs to get up there OF COURSE your chances increase by 100% GO GO GO lol .. i wish you much luck now to the NEXT step find your OVUALTAION DAY and get going ....

i had a hsg done to the 1st time, it was unsuc cause my cervix was to up there ... i guess when "I" ovulate my cervix goes up ..

so i got my hsg done again and it was sucsessfull

hope everything was clear ... much baby dust

tight hugs from texas

hugs
*:O) erika
I had this same problem and it was discovered when I was scheduled for a HSG. I had a cevix dilation done and then had the HSG done suceessfully.
I dont want to sound negative but I also thot the cervix being dilated would give me a BFP but this is 3yrs since then. Infact, the first time I was diagnosed with a closed cervix was not as bad as the second time where the dr also said the walls of my uterus were also sticking together. I was then treated for that and when I had a hysteroscopy done some months later, my uterus looked good.
For the second closed cervix diagnosis, the dr said it's possible I got pregnant but had one of those early miscarriages but I dont really know if this is what causes closed cervix or not.
Since the dr was able to open your cervix, relax and hope for the best. SSBD! :)
Thats crazy.... I had this the hystersalpingogram done and all was normal, thats when we found out it is my hubby. Well sounds like you are going down the right path from here, GOOD LUCK, we all need it!!, nicole
A related discussion, cervix stenosis was started.