Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
could it be possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

could it be possible?

I had the mirena taken out 1/17/12... on the 19th i had a heavy bleeding for 4 days. While on the mirena i had a normal period, just slightly lighter which they said meant my uterine lining wasnt that thin. My last real period was 1/8/12 which when ovulation calculator put yesterday at the last day for ovulation and i had unprotected sex. but since i had the mirena taken out a little over a week ago im not sure if i even did ovulate.... my question is does anyone know if its possible i could have concieved between last night and today? im not sure im wording anything right. im just not sure if i may have ovulated and now could be pregnant yet or what. my stomach has been a little crampy today but nothing bad. and my breasts are rather tender. but that could be anything.
Regarding ovulation, you can note down few signs of ovulation like during ovulation the cervical mucus(discharge) increases and is of watery or raw egg white consistency; there is increase in basal body temperature; breast tenderness. It can be detected by an OPK (Ovulation predictor test kit) which is tested with the help of urine.

However to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

ive called my practitioner today. my first home tests came back negative but im about 8 days past ovulation. im feeling nausea and fatigue. they are pulling me in and going to do a blood test for pregnancy. thank you!