Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
cramps at 4 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

cramps at 4 weeks

Hi just wondering is it normal to cramp a little at 4.5 weeks preg.  I woke up to one pretty  bad cramp this morning.  It reminds me of the crmaps i had during my misscarriage last month.  Is cramping normal during early pregnancy or is it a bad sign?  I am freaking out a little.
I cramped (sometimes very badly) through the first few months of my pregnancy and contracted every time I was dehydrated throughout.  Drink plenty of water.  Call your doctor if you start to bleed or the cramping gets severe, o/w just try to relax a little (yeah, right:) and enjoy this pregnancy.
with my dd I cramped at the beginning of my pregnancy especially when I would stretch in the morning.  My dr. said it was normal unless it was really severe cramping and very painful.  I've been cramping during this pregnancy too.  It started very early even before I had gotten my bfp.  They felt like af cramps so I thought I wasn't pregnant.  I still get them occationally.  I wouldn't worry about it, although I know that can be hard to do! :)
your belly is stretching...perfectly normal for cramping*** hope your pain subsides soon!!
thanks for easing my mind:)  Good thought to everyone!!!!
I conceived Jan 11th, and have slight cramps.  I am TERRIFIED since my last pregnancy resulted in m/c in the middle of the 6th week...even after an u/s and perfect development.  
Have you made a dr. appointment yet?
Just try to keep in mind that you are pregnant again! Focus on the positive and keep your chin up.
I am nearly 6 weeks and have cramps very often! I even wake up with them at night. I have read and been told by my midwife that cramps are totally normal in early pregnancy. If there is no bleeding, and the cramps are not *severe* than you should not worry too much. You can always ask your doctor about it to ease your nerves, however I think you are fine! Everything inside you is shifting around right now, stretching and growing in preparation for your baby - a good thing!!

Oh and my cramps started right around 4 weeks, too.
ok thanks that me makes me feel better.........I am such a nervous wreck
I concieved on jan 6 or 7, and had a m/c in my 6th week as well.  I have not been to my doc.  yet.  I will go next week for my blood test.  I am kind of avoiding it beacuse I am so scared.
I have just found out im pregnant.. im currently 4.2 weeks along. I had some heavy duty cramping 2 days ago... it woke me up and keep me up for about 40 minutes... I also suffered a Missed Miscarriage back in 2008 - this means there was no blood, just gradual loss of pregnancy symptoms.I even did several pregnancy tests which came back positive (i was later to learn the HcG levels stay in the system for many weeks during and after pregnancy).  I remember some similar cramping in 2008 when i miss-miscarried before so im convinced ive had another Missed Miscarriage... Has anyone else experience some heavy cramping at 4 weeks and gone on to have sucessful pregnancy?
for the first month or two i had some pretty bad cramps that reminded me of ovulation cramps (at the ovaries) or period cramps(for me very slight) and it was off and on for a couple of months.  i think it CAN be normal. i am now 34 weeks along and anxious to meet my lil one.

here is a website that i suggest for those who are not sure if anyone else has ever gone through the crampiness/feeling like af is coming....

http:// www. babysnark .com / early-pregnancy-symptoms /early-pregnancy-symptoms.asp#symptoms

take the spaces out... and enjoy others journeys