Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
day 12 after ivf transfer and bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

day 12 after ivf transfer and bleeding

hi,, i had my first cycle of IVF and the egg retrieval was on feb 5 ,,embryo transfer was on feb 8 ....
and i started to have brown to blood spotting on feb 17 (that is day 12 after fertalization and day 9 after embryo transfer..
i had a pregnancy test same day (feb 17 ) and is negative.
my doctor adviced me to repeat it again after few days..
could i still be pregnant? can pregnancy test be negative on day 12 after fertalization??
The test could be accurate on day 9 after embryo transfer but that is a little early to test for a completely reliable result.  Was it a blood test or a urine test?  
Hi, I am new to this I had frozen ebrayos that thawed 100% and remained grade 1 implanted on the 20.01.10. I am due up for my test on the 03.02.10 but have been getting cramps for a few days now and tonight I started bleeding. I have to phone the hospital tomorrow and find out what to do but tonight I have just been a mess worse than I expected. I was not given any homone treatment this time, it has been all my natural cycle, it is just like my normal period can this happen or am I losing the emrayos? Please help
I'm a little surprised they did not have you at least on prometrium, but each clinic has its own protocol.  I'd stay down (on sofa or in bed) and keep hydrated, since this calms the uterus.  Otherwise there is nothing you can really do -- you might have a successful result and might not, but it's up to the embryos now.  Good luck, I hope it's just a false alarm.
Hi Annie,
              thanks for your reply. I phoned the hospital this mornig and they said it doesnt sound good, I have to wait and go up tommorrow as planned as they said there is nothing they can do now. I asked what my chances were and they said they couldn't say for sure but not to get my hopes built up ( I think it was too late for that) and they would do a blood test to confirm one way or another.
             What I dont understand is the last time I went through treatment they told me if I bled not to get worried cause it could be just one embrayo that was coming away and one could stay attached but this time they told me I shouldn't bleed at all  as it was 2 embrayos I had transfered again? do you know why that is at all?
          Thanks for all your help it is comforting to talk to someone who understands better what you are actually going through. XX
      hope you are well. I  went for my PT today got the results this afternoon it was negative so thats that I supose still doesn't help the pain but we need to count our blessing for everthing we are given in life.
                    You take care all my love
                                                 God bless Laura XX
I'm so sorry.  If you do the procedure again, I would search out a doctor who will have you on estrogen and progesterone in the early stages after the transfer.  It is not a magic solution -- I have gotten pregnant only once in four tries (two fresh and two frozen) and was on follow-up hormones each time.  But it's worth a shot.  Good luck!
I had ET on 02/02/15. Today is my 12th day and started  bleeding. I am so worried and sad. Does that mean its my period or anything else. Please provide some answers. Its my first IVF cycle. Thanks