Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
day 3 on Menopur, leading follie 13mm, too early?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am currently doing injectable IUI after 5 failed IUI (2 natural and 3 on Clomid). I just had my scan today (CD 6, day 3 on Menopur 75 unit), and I have 4 follicles: 13, 10, 10, 9mm. my NP asked me to do 3 more Menopur 75 unit and come back for another scan on Thursday. my question is: is 13mm too big on CD6? I do have a cyst on my right ovary but E2 test (39) on CD3 shows no extra hormone produced by the cycst, so my NP told me to start the treatment. there is no follies on my right ovary though, but my NP told me nothing to worry about. any thoughts, ladies? also I read somewhere the follicles grows about 2mm per day, that will give me a leading follicle 19mm on Thursday (only CD8), that means I am ready for the trigger shot. the instruction for injectable IUI my RE gave me says do the trigger shot aroudn CD12. would it be too early if I do it on CD8? should the timing (for the trigger shot) be completely relying on the size of the follicles, not the cycle day? I am runningout of the sperm supply (only 6 vials left, and I normally do 2 vials per IUI) and I want to make sure the timing is right. any thoughts?
many thanks, and good luck!
i triggered last cycle on cycle day 11 with two follies, 25 and 23.  you may reach 25 on your large follie by cycle day 11-12, and then you will have several more that may make it to twenty.  i think you're going to have a great cycle!!!!!!!
Thanks, alikat1205 for your encouragment. but my RE told me to do the trigger shot when the leading follie reaches 18~19mm. my previous IUI with Clomid, I was using the OPK and my follies were 24mm when I had the surge. but then my RE said it is very unusual to use OPK to monitor O when I am on med. so this cycle, RE said specifically not to use OPK, only u/s to determine when to give the trigger shot.
what is your stataus now? did you get BFP? best of luck to you!

still waiting on bfp.  my re won't trigger unless the follies are over 20 and he likes them closer to 23.